IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

I don't know anyone who accidentally ends up at a brothel WITH CHILDREN!. It is clear now that the Religious Right is nothing but a cover for a bunch of perverts. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had to come into this thread and say, “is this real life???”  Where a defense (against anything!!) is, “one time, we were in a brothel that sold children for sex, but he didn’t partake!!”  

My husband and I just cast our votes for Doug Jones. Please pray that he wins. We don't need pervert representing us. Alabama's economy could very well suffer if Moore wins.

I’ve been avoiding the whole Roy Moore debacle for reasons, but I only this morning put the together that Doug Jones was responsible for bringing two people involved in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing to justice. To which I say: What. The. Ever. Loving. Hell. America? Are we so blinded by party politics that we’ll pick a Constitution-violating hebephile over a man who finally prosecuted one of the most infamous crimes of 20th century America? Sweet Jesus. 

A lot of people thought that prosecuting the bombers was wrong. They claimed the bastards were old and dying and had suffered enough. Why bring all that ugly mess up again.

I need to go throw up now after typing that.

About the brothel story. Three soldiers don't accidentally stumble into one especially one with child sex slaves. Yeah, that's what I'm calling it. Child and prostitute don't belong in the same sentence.

Stumbling into child brothels, letting child killers go free, electing a sexual predator to the Senate and Presidency. Yep, everything seems in order here in Crazytown, U.S.A. :pb_confused:

I know this is nothing new, but it drives me insane when an election is approaching, and Republicans are grasping at straws, so they just start talking about abortion. Twitter is buzzing with Moore supporters saying Jones is a pro-abortion baby killer. I will NEVER understand how a reasonable human can overlook racism, pedophilia/hebephelia, sexism, etc., for a fetus that they won't give one flying fuck about the moment it's born. :angry-banghead:

Also, Roy Moore gives me the absolute creeps. If I hadn't known he was a sexual predator, he would still creep me out. He just has this disgusting look in his eyes. Ewwww. 

@RosyDaisy, is the local media saying anything about what the turnout at the polls looks like so far? 

*looks at the clock, realizes the polls in Alabama don't close for five more hours, goes back to biting nails*

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

He looks awkward on that horse:

The horse seems a little spooked by the crowd with cameras but he's gotta have the cowboy Roy photo opportunity.

Another good one from Jennifer Rubin: "Be wary of what you wish for in Alabama"

Spoiler

Alabama voters won’t be able to say that conservatives of good conscience didn’t warn them of the perils of voting for Roy Moore. David French, both an evangelical and a conservative Republican, wrote that the question before voters is “whether the people of Alabama should vote for a terrible man who lacks any redeeming virtue.” He argued, “Moore is so terrible that the most likely outcome of his elevation to the Senate is direct and important harm to the causes most Alabama Republicans claim to support.”

Aiming directly at pro-life voters French declared:

The battle to end abortion is every bit as much cultural as it is political or judicial. For the sake of electing a single junior senator (a man who’s not even a swing vote) to serve one-half of a Senate term, pro-life Republicans would make it more likely that Republicans lose the upper chamber in 2018. In 2012, the Left hung Todd Akin around Republican necks like a millstone. Moore makes Akin look like a gentleman and a scholar.

Nevertheless, Alabama voters may well choose the candidate nostalgic for the days of slavery, contemptuous of the Constitution, accused by multiple credible women of child sexual predation and unabashed in his hatred of gays and Muslims. There would be no moral justification or political sense for such a result. If they do send Moore to the Senate, Alabama voters, either because they believe in his hateful nostrums, or because they are so consumed by hatred of liberal elites’ telling them what to do, they would demonstrate their state is everything it is accused of being — backward, ignorant and racist.

If Alabama voters send Moore to the Senate in the wake of Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken’s resignation announcement, they also will succeed in painting the GOP as a refuge for credibly accused sexual predators. They will sentence every Republican on the ballot in 2018 (and many others who’ll face the electorate in 2020) to a non-stop stream of questions. (How can they be in a party that accepts Moore? Should he be expelled in contravention of voters’ wishes?)

Moreover, they will force Republicans to answer why Moore should get bounced from the Senate, but President Trump be allowed to remain in the White House. After all, both pols would have been put in office by voters. In any event, Alabama voters will have turned the Senate into a star chamber in which its ethics committee, likely behind closed doors, will decide if Moore is fit to serve in its body. If it does, every senator will have to go on record with his or her vote — as the president defends his choice.  The Senate will become a three-ring circus for the foreseeable future.

That all might sound enticing for Democrats. Watching the other party snared in a trap of its own making surely would be cause for schadenfreude among some Democrats. It is not an outcome they should root for, however. In the category of putting “country before party,” no decent American should cheer a character like Moore’s elevation to the Senate. No lover of liberty and believer in equal justice should welcome the return of a pre-civil rights mentality. Rather they should pray for and give thanks if Doug Jones is the winner, a small sign that Trump has not entirely destroyed our political culture. Having pulled off an historic upset, Democrats will be entitled to gloat, encouraged to try killing the awful tax bill and determined to root out Trumpism root and branch in every corner of the country.

She's right, Moore makes Todd Akin look like a gentleman and a scholar.

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

When Moore sends his spokespeople on TV he's sending his best:

This just made my afternoon! I don't know how these people can tell their heads from their asses. Wow. 

58 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

When Moore sends his spokespeople on TV he's sending his best:

I'd show up with a cookbook for my swearing in ceremony. :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I know this is nothing new, but it drives me insane when an election is approaching, and Republicans are grasping at straws, so they just start talking about abortion. Twitter is buzzing with Moore supporters saying Jones is a pro-abortion baby killer. I will NEVER understand how a reasonable human can overlook racism, pedophilia/hebephelia, sexism, etc., for a fetus that they won't give one flying fuck about the moment it's born. :angry-banghead:

Also, Roy Moore gives me the absolute creeps. If I hadn't known he was a sexual predator, he would still creep me out. He just has this disgusting look in his eyes. Ewwww. 

Because they aren't reasonable. Because deep down or right out in the open they are racists, sexists bigots. They are the Trump apologists, the people who are looking for somebody to blame and fall easily into the fear of the 'other'.  When, if they would just think at we all are the 'other' when it comes to the 1%.  People of color, the poor, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, immigrants, First Nations et al. There are more of us than there are of them, but one of the greatest weapon the Trumps, Bannons and Moores of this county use is fear as wedges to divide us.

It's 6:02pm, less than an hour till the Alabama polls close.

*twists hands nervously*

On my couch, tuned to CNN and counting down. If it wasn't for this stomach bug I came down with last night I'd have a glass in wine in hand, with the bottle standing by! Instead, it's apple juice.

18 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

On my couch, tuned to CNN and counting down. If it wasn't for this stomach bug I came down with last night I'd have a glass in wine in hand, with the bottle standing by! Instead, it's apple juice.

Did a grocery run tonight and completely spaced on getting the big bag of cheese puffs. Emotional eating is what I do.

3 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I'm ordering alcohol delivery... 

That's a thing? Doubt they have it in my county. For a blue as can be area, there are some really strict alcohol laws.  The county has complete control, and you can only buy hard liquor at a county run store, and you can't by beer or wine at the grocery store either.   Only one of any chain can sell it like only one Safeway or 7/11 in the entire county can sell it.  Or you can go to a beer and wine store.

Yea, more than you ever wanted to know about alcohol sales, but I'm nervous as fuck and I tend to ramble.

14 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

That's a thing? Doubt they have it in my county. For a blue as can be area, there are some really strict alcohol laws.  The county has complete control, and you can only buy hard liquor at a county run store, and you can't by beer or wine at the grocery store either.   Only one of any chain can sell it like only one Safeway or 7/11 in the entire county can sell it.  Or you can go to a beer and wine store.

Yea, more than you ever wanted to know about alcohol sales, but I'm nervous as fuck and I tend to ramble.

My aunt and sister live in Minneapolis. They love coming back to Nebraska for Christmas. I never fail to hear from them, multiple times, "OMG that's right, you can buy alcohol at the gas stations!"

Nebraska: Guns, Beer, and Shamefully played Football.... that pretty much sums us up here.

15 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Sure is! I'm in San Francisco, so you can get alcohol and weed (not from the same place that I know of) delivered to your home until 10pm and midnight, respectively. :) this is my first time ordering alcohol, but yeah, just getting a bottle of wine. There's a nice selection of liquor, too. 

I'm glad we all have each other! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived