IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones ahead on fivethirtyeight .com 65 to 35 percent and WoPo has him ahead 63 to 35.  Who here is from Alabama?  Can you give me an idea of the population size?  I'm looking at county by county and  Jones is ahead in some of the ones carried by Trump.  Is it too early? Do I cry with joy or scream in agony? 

5 minutes ago, LeftCoastLurker said:

@iweartanktops if Jones wins you’ll be able to hear my screams of FUCK YOU REPUBLICANS from Santa Rosa 

CHEERS to that! You'll hear mine, too! 

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Jones ahead on fivethirtyeight .com 65 to 35 percent and WoPo has him ahead 63 to 35.  Who here is from Alabama?  Can you give me an idea of the population size?  I'm looking at county by county and  Jones is ahead in some of the ones carried by Trump.  Is it too early? Do I cry with joy or scream in agony? 

It's way too early. From what I'm seeing, it's a pretty small percentage of voters. Like 5, maybe 

5 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

It's way too early. From what I'm seeing, it's a pretty small percentage of voters. Like 5, maybe 

Time for the Xanax

Oh fuck.  Tied.

Sigh. 

Rufus, if you allow this to happen, I may have to quit using you as my deity and go back to FSM!

(Yes, I quit on the FSM after he forsook me in November of 16.)

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Sigh. 

Rufus, if you allow this to happen, I may have to quit using you as my deity and go back to FSM!

If Rufus lets Moore win I just might have to have venison for dinner

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'd show up with a cookbook for my swearing in ceremony. :pb_lol:

Pfft. I’d show up with Harry Potter. Go big or go home, amirite? :pb_lol:

ETA: Moore is ahead. 51.2% to 47.4%

ETA 2: It’s now 49.6% to 49.1% in Moore’s favor. 

http://www2.alabamavotes.gov/electionNight/statewideResultsByContest.aspx?ecode=1000915

I don't understand why the state website looks like it is behind WoPo and 538 tally

ETA: Never mind I just refreshed.  

He doesn't watch election returns because it causes him to get a panic attack.  Well I'm having one right now.  I just can't stop.

39 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Sigh. 

27CF41F6-B3C2-4BF3-B946-9C0C6D04D593.jpeg.2919652a4cd1273d8d43ba74d3b77c7b.jpeg

I have a gut feeling we’ll be forsaking our furry forest Savior. I hope I’m wrong and decent Alabamians (like Rosy and her family) out number the shitty ones, but I don’t have a lot of hope after last year. 

I'm heading to bed because I'm pretty sure I already know the outcome of this election. It is sad, but the GOP is so warped right now that they don't give one shit if they vote in an alleged child predator. 

Maybe I'll wake up surprised tomorrow, but I highly doubt it. This whole thing is depressing. 

28 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

27CF41F6-B3C2-4BF3-B946-9C0C6D04D593.jpeg.2919652a4cd1273d8d43ba74d3b77c7b.jpeg

I have a gut feeling we’ll be forsaking our furry forest Savior. I hope I’m wrong and decent Alabamians (like Rosy and her family) out number the shitty ones, but I don’t have a lot of hope after last year. 

Agreed. It doesn't look good. FUCK! 

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I still think Moore is going to win, but NYT is actually giving Jones a slight advantage right now.

The CNN election friend is telling Wolf Blitzer it doesn't look good. He seems very pessimistic. 

This is so depressing. I keep hoping that Rufus hasn't turned his back on us, but it's not looking good.

I'm here. Well, I'm shocked that the race is so close. So far Jones is carrying the largest counties of Jefferson, Mobile, Montgomery, and Madison.

5 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm here. Well, I'm shocked that the race is so close. So far Jones is carrying the largest counties of Jefferson, Mobile, Montgomery, and Madison.

I'm looking at 538.com now and it does not look good.

Thought this was appropriate:

CNN reporting Moore has 50.8% and Jones has 47.9%. 63% estimated districts reporting.

They NYT model has Jones with a 70% chance of winning right now.

Explanation:
We think about 399,000 votes remain to be counted. We think Mr. Jones leads in that vote by about 15.3 points.

There is still a decent chance the title of this thread might end up being "Roy Moore is a Fucking Loser"

If he is and it's due to heavy black turnout despite suppression efforts - oh, what sweet irony. 

We really don't know much yet. Moore is ahead right now, but the reason why NYT is still predicting Jones is that most of the remaining areas are in more democratic-leaning areas.

That said, I do think the fear of Democrats will outweigh the fear of electing a child molester.

2 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

They NYT model has Jones with a 70% chance of winning right now.

Explanation:
We think about 399,000 votes remain to be counted. We think Mr. Jones leads in that vote by about 15.3 points.

There is still a decent chance the title of this thread might end up being "Roy Moore is a Fucking Loser"

If he is and it's due to heavy black turnout despite suppression efforts - oh, what sweet irony. 

I just checked the Times and it is 50-47 for Satan. 

ETA: Husband must have seen what I'm doing and he went back to the living room.  When I asked what he was doing on the computer, is one word answer was "frequencies'. Translation: He is reading up on ham radio stuff because he is not a masochist  like his wife.

I was raised on watching election returns.  Starting in 1968 I have never missed election night. I was five in '68.  I knew it was a horrible year. MLK, RFK, marches, riots, voting rights.  I didn't understand most of it, but I remember the fear and sadness in my parents.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived