IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

A group tried to show that the Washington Post is fake news, but they actually  just showed that the paper's vetting procedures work.

Yeah I was just coming here to make mention of this myself. 

Plus there was this announcement the woman made on gofundme

You should read the entire article if only to reward the Post for its fine work, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t note here that part of the reason that the woman who contacted the newspaper, Jaime Phillips, got caught is because she’d also used her real name to set up a GoFundMe account page announcing her intention to undermine the liberal media:

“I’m moving to New York!” the May 29 appeal said. “I’ve accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM.”

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Jaime Phillips, got caught is because she’d also used her real name to set up a GoFundMe account page announcing her intention to undermine the liberal media:

“I’m moving to New York!” the May 29 appeal said. “I’ve accepted a job to work in the conservative media movement to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM.”

A genius! Another SOTDRT failure? I swear these ultraconservative activists don't have enough brains to fill an egg.

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation.

A group tried to show that the Washington Post is fake news, but they actually  just showed that the paper's vetting procedures work.

So they paid a woman to lie about rape to prove that women lie about rape.

10 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

A genius! Another SOTDRT failure? I swear these ultraconservative activists don't have enough brains to fill an egg.

While that is true of this particular one, please don't underestimate all of them. There ARE a number of them that aren't, and they have already done, and have the potential to do, much damage.

Just my thoughts.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:39 AM, fraurosena said:

And their mothers gave permission? Wut, again. And he did it because they were pure? Excuse me while I go puke.

Their mothers. Think about that for a second. Now who, even in non-fundy families, gives permission for someone to date their daughter?

Unless of course the father is not in the picture. This is the icing on the squick-cake--he went looking for young girls who did not have a father or even a father-figure and who might have been desperate for the attention of an older man.:puke-front:

17 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Their mothers. Think about that for a second.

Thank you for getting me to think about that. Yes, you are right, it indicates a weird, if not disgusting view of females. What is he saying? That the mother thinks he's okay so it must be okay. Another woman didn't think it was weird that I wanted to date a girl half my age so it's all right. That's interesting. He may be thinking that this reassures everyone that he wasn't doing something inappropriate, because here's a grown woman saying it's okay.

Now I want to hear from the mothers who gave him permission to date their daughters. If there really are any.

"Moore buried under TV ad barrage"

Spoiler

Doug Jones and Roy Moore both released new television ads on Monday. But many Alabama voters will see only one of them.

That’s because of the massive disparity in TV ad spending between the two candidates in the Alabama special election to a Senate seat, where Jones, the Democratic candidate, is outspending Moore roughly 7-to-1.

The imbalance is stunning, with just two weeks to go in the campaign: Jones has aired more than 10,000 spots on broadcast TV in Alabama since the primaries, while Moore, the embattled GOP candidate, has run just over 1,000, according to figures compiled by Advertising Analytics.

“I saw probably 40 to 50 Doug Jones ads, and I saw one Roy Moore ad” over the Thanksgiving break, said Daniel Deriso, an aide to Democratic Birmingham Mayor-elect Randall Woodfin.

Fueled by millions of online dollars pouring in to defeat Moore, Jones’ campaign has flooded the airwaves with over $5.6 million of TV ads overall during in the general election campaign. Moore has answered with about $800,000 in ad spending, according to Advertising Analytics.

Jones’ campaign built a big financial advantage even before women came forward accusing Moore of sexual misconduct in early November. He had more cash on hand at the end of the third-quarter Federal Election Commission reporting period — and a new campaign finance report from ActBlue, the widely used Democratic digital fundraising platform, shows Jones raised nearly $2.9 million online in October alone.

But the firestorm that ensued after numerous allegations surfaced against Moore galvanized even more financial support for Jones, giving him the resources to relentlessly pound Moore on-air as a child predator. He’s been able to cast himself as a pragmatic reformer and make a largely unanswered case to the moderate Republicans and suburban women who could determine the outcome of the election.

There’s been little answer from Moore. His numbers have faded in recent polls and, between the flood of ads and the allegations that have surfaced, Fox News’ surveys have shown voters growing more comfortable with Jones — and turning against Moore.

The barrage was particularly stark last weekend, when Jones’ campaign shelled out tens of thousands of dollars — which would have represented a significant share of Moore’s total advertising budget — just to buy expensive ads during and after the state’s much anticipated rivalry football game between Auburn and the University of Alabama.

Jones’ campaign spent at least $34,500 to run those ads during Iron Bowl broadcasts in Alabama’s three largest media markets, according to documents filed with the Federal Communication Commission. And the Democrat is slated to spend even more on ads next weekend, when Auburn competes in the Southeastern Conference championship game.

Jones’ ads have featured Republican critics of Moore, criticized the U.S. health care system and talked up his own nonpartisan credentials as a former federal prosecutor — all key ingredients for attracting votes from moderate Republicans and suburban women who may not have voted for a Democrat in years. Those voters need to feel comfortable voting for a Democrat, Jones allies said, in order to set the table for a once-unthinkable win in the December 12 special election.

"To win a statewide election you're going to have to attract moderate Republicans," Madison County Democratic Party Chairman Tom Ryan said, pointing to one recent Jones ad featuring quotes from Ivanka Trump, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Sen. Richard Shelby, saying they believe Moore’s accusers. “If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for that voter."

Jones’ campaign introduced a new theme in its TV ads Monday, when it started airing a new ad focused on education policy. Moore "compares preschool and early childhood education to Nazi indoctrination," Jones says in the spot. The Democrat then adds that he would work "across party lines for preschool and smaller class sizes."

Moore’s campaign announced its own ad, bashing Republican and Democratic congressional leaders and calling the sexual misconduct allegations against him “false.” That ad questioned the timing of the allegations and suggested that an alliance of "liberal elites and the Republican establishment" were working together to bring down Moore and protect "their Big-Government trough."

But Moore’s campaign does not have the resources to air that ad as widely as Jones’ spots calling attention to the accusations. The Democratic campaign has also run ads featuring Republicans saying they cannot support Moore and instead pledging to vote for Jones.

A key part of Jones’ strategy in the past few weeks is to make clear to Alabama voters that he is willing to reach across the aisle and work with Republicans, said Jones campaign chairman Giles Perkins.

"I think a lot of the voters ... are interested in a guy like Doug that's willing to reach across the aisle and work with anybody that's got good ideas, and some of these ads communicate that," Perkins said.

A new super PAC, Highway 31, has amplified that message for Jones in the last month of the campaign. The group, which has not yet had to disclose its donors, has spent $1.35 million backing Jones and attacking Moore so far, producing digital ads and a TV ad centered on Jones' record as a U.S. attorney and describing him as a "strong defender of the Second Amendment."

Moore has not had the same outside help at his disposal, but his campaign has claimed a smaller fundraising spike as the special election draws near.

The media blitz by the Jones campaign comes as the next FEC filing reports are set to come out later in the week. Even with advertising tilted heavily toward Jones, Alabama Democrats don't expect Moore to stop attacking him, especially by linking Jones to national leaders of his party who are highly unpopular in Alabama.

"I anticipate the Moore campaign is going to start stepping up their ads, and it's probably going be some version of 'Obama, Pelosi and Clinton’ — we're not them, so vote for me,'" Ryan said.

I know it's highly unlikely, but I so hope Jones wins. I shudder to think of the TT's tweets either way.

7 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Thank you for getting me to think about that. Yes, you are right, it indicates a weird, if not disgusting view of females. What is he saying? That the mother thinks he's okay so it must be okay.

Yeah, I've read news stories about mothers doing really terrible things to their daughters, such as pimping them out. But that wasn't my point.

My point is that he would have had to ask their fathers for permission to date them. The mothers wouldn't have felt they had a right to give that permission unless the fathers weren't in the picture. But he specifically said he had permission from their mothers.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Yeah, I've read news stories about mothers doing really terrible things to their daughters, such as pimping them out. But that wasn't my point.

My point is that he would have had to ask their fathers for permission to date them. The mothers wouldn't have felt they had a right to give that permission unless the fathers weren't in the picture. But he specifically said he had permission from their mothers.

Well, I suppose in theory he would ask someone's permission. And the assumption would be that it would be the father, simply because of societal norms, especially the ones he adheres to. My question is, in light of these norms is he implying that there was no man in the picture?  Well, ick. What is he trying to be?

Or he was attempting to justify his actions by saying that an ADULT woman said it was okay? So how can women be upset? I think he intentionally did this to specifically appeal to women who might be doubting his morals. I also think this was a misstep. Men who support him will of course look past this but he also needs the support of women. But he made a lame attempt at justifying his behavior by presenting a mid-20th century scenario and also not exactly denying that he asked out teenage girls. He is blinded by his pig-headed convictions and ego.

My take was that he was grooming young teens who don't have a father in the picture, at an age when attention and approval from a father figure is extra important. The first woman the WaPo reported on that he'd "dated" was someone he met sitting outside a courtroom while her parents were in a custody hearing.

23 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

My take was that he was grooming young teens who don't have a father in the picture, at an age when attention and approval from a father figure is extra important. The first woman the WaPo reported on that he'd "dated" was someone he met sitting outside a courtroom while her parents were in a custody hearing.

True. I would like to know if that was, in fact, the family situation with all of the women who have accused him. It would certainly make it easier for him if there were no man in the picture. But, double ick, that could mean he was actually targeting them through his job. Maybe even specifically hunting certain girls at the mall. Makes you wonder about Ms Kayla's dad.

I see Bannon is going to campaign for Moore

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon will campaign with embattled Judge Roy Moore next week ahead of the vote in Alabama's neck-and-neck US Senate race.

Bannon will join Moore at a rally in Fairhope, Alabama, on December 5 -- one week before Moore, a Republican, faces Democrat Doug Jones in a special election for Attorney General Jeff Sessions' former seat.

"I look forward to standing with Judge Moore and all of the Alabama deplorables in the fight to elect him to the United States Senate," Bannon told CNN, "and send shockwaves to the political and media elites."

fuck both of them

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

fuck both of them

I would love for Trump to show up and act like a complete jackass at one of Roy Moore's revival meetings.

C'mon Rufus, make it happen!

Moore has moved significantly ahead in some polls.  One thing that I haven't heard about is Democrats mobilizing the black and minority vote in Alabama and it's mainly because they haven't.   Jesse Jackson that lays it out by the numbers in Sun Times op-ed.  Here's an excerpt from  To win in Alabama, Jones must create a new coalition

About 71 percent of the electorate is white; about 25 percent black. A stunning 35 percent of the vote comes from white evangelicals, an increasingly rabid Republican voting bloc. Forty-one percent comes from rural areas, which are trending Republican despite their relative poverty.

The formula for winning is obvious. According to Bacon, Jones has to capture about 35 percent of the  white vote, 90 percent of the black vote and 70 percent of other people of color. He has to win the core Democratic vote, gain support among Republican crossover voters turned off by Moore, and mobilize a massive turnout of the black vote. Turnout for a special election will be key. Republican turnout could be down, since the only reason to show up is to vote for Moore. Democratic turnout is usually down in off-year and special elections, but since Trump’s election, Democratic voters have been coming out in larger numbers.

"A message to Roy Moore from his accuser: ‘I am done being silent.’"

Spoiler

Leigh Corfman, who says Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore touched her sexually when she was 14 and he was 32, has written him an emotional letter insisting he stop calling her a liar.

Corfman wrote and hand-delivered the letter to AL.com Tuesday after hearing that Moore, now the Republican Senate candidate in Alabama, had called her and several other women’s accusations “completely false” and “malicious” at a campaign rally in Henagar, Ala., on Monday night. It was his first public appearance in almost two weeks.

“When you personally denounced me last night and called me slanderous names, I decided that I am done being silent,” Corfman wrote. “What you did to me when I was 14-years old should be revolting to every person of good morals. But now you are attacking my honesty and integrity. Where does your immorality end?”

Corfman confirmed the authenticity of the letter to The Post.

Corfman told The Washington Post that when she was a teenager in 1979, Roy Moore — then an assistant district attorney — approached her outside of an Alabama courtroom and asked for her phone number, and then, days later, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods and kissed her. On a second visit, he took off his shirt and pants and removed his clothes, then touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

Several other women have since accused Moore of pursuing them when they were teenagers when he was in his early 30s.

Moore has denied the allegations. His campaign has begun to fight back, and in a recent ad Republican women defend Moore, saying that “the establishment is trying to stop” him. And if voters choose to ignore Moore’s accusers ahead of the Dec. 12 special Senate election, a win is still in reach.

While President Trump will not travel to Alabama to campaign for Moore, he continues to support Moore’s candidacy by criticizing his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones. The state’s highest-ranking female Republicans, Gov. Kay Ivey and Alabama GOP Chairman Terry Lathan, have also reaffirmed their support for Moore.

At the campaign rally Monday, Moore said that with two weeks left until the election, “pictures of young children — whose names are not mentioned and I do not know — appear conveniently on the opposition’s ads.”

“These allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women nor have I ever engaged in sexual misconduct with anyone,” he said.

Corfman in the letter said she was not “getting paid to speak up” or “getting rewarded” by Moore’s political opponents.

Here’s the letter in full:

Mr. Moore,

When The Washington Post approached me about what you did to me as a child, I told them what happened, just as I had told family and friends years before. I stand by every word.

You responded by denying the truth. You told the world that you didn’t even know me. Others in recent days have had the decency to acknowledge their hurtful actions and apologize for similar behavior, but not you.

So I gave an interview on television so that people could judge for themselves whether I was telling the truth.

You sent out your spokesmen to call me a liar. Day after day.

Finally, last night, you did the dirty work yourself. You called me malicious, and you questioned my motivation in going public.

I explained my motivation on the Today show. I said that this is not political for me, this is personal. As a 14-year old, I did not deserve to have you, a 32-year old, prey on me. I sat quietly for too long, out of concern for my family. No more.

I am not getting paid for speaking up. I am not getting rewarded from your political opponents. What I am getting is stronger by refusing to blame myself and speaking the truth out loud.

The initial barrage of attacks against me voiced by your campaign spokespersons and others seemed petty so I did not respond.

But when you personally denounced me last night and called me slanderous names, I decided that I am done being silent. What you did to me when I was 14-years old should be revolting to every person of good morals. But now you are attacking my honesty and integrity. Where does your immorality end?

I demand that you stop calling me a liar and attacking my character. Your smears and false denials, and those of others who repeat and embellish them, are defamatory and damaging to me and my family.

I am telling the truth, and you should have the decency to admit it and apologize.

Leigh Corfman

Sadly, I'm sure the far-right will scream that it's a #fakeletter.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly, I'm sure the far-right will scream that it's a #fakeletter.

Or just call her a liar. Even after the attempt to discredit the WaPo. 

It's interesting that they aren't trying very hard to discredit the banned-from-the-mall story. They've had, what, one person come forward. But at least half a dozen other people initially stated that they were directly aware of it or indirectly made aware of it. Something like that doesn't get invented.

And who is this "establishment" out to get Moore? Does he not realize that he can't just ride through the Senate alone? That they are planning to oust him if he gets there? He may be big in Alabama but he does not have friends in DC. Just can't figure out his end game here.

I'm still horrified by the thought that this man might become a senator. Puke! I'll hope for Jones, but I can't give myself too much hope. Ughhhh. Fuck these hypocrites!

This is already over at the Doug Phillips is a Tool topic, but needs to be here as well:

Textbook co-authored by Roy Moore in 2011 says women shouldn’t run for office

The course is also critical of the women's suffrage movement.

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-study-course-vison-forum-135402ed8816/

The course, called “Law and Government: An Introductory Study Course,” includes 28 hours of audio and visual lectures given by Moore and others, as well as a study guide. The course is available for purchase on Amazon, where “Chief Justice Roy Moore” is listed as a co-author alongside Doug Phillips, Dr. Joseph C. Morecraft, and Dr. Paul Jehle.

*snip*

For at least a decade, dating back to 1999, Moore served on the “faculty” of Vision Forum’s so-called “Witherspoon School of Law and Public Policy.” Not a school at all, Witherspoon was instead a series of four-day crash courses that taught men — and only men — that the Bible is the source of “law and liberty and the only sure foundation for addressing the challenging ethical questions of the twenty-first century.”

And of course Think Progress did their homework:

Vision Forum closed in 2013 after Phillips resigned, having admitted to a “lengthy” and “inappropriately romantic and affectionate” relationship with a woman who was not his wife. Shortly thereafter, that woman, Lourdes Torres-Manteufel, sued Phillips and Vision Forum, detailing an emotionally, psychologically, and sexually abusive relationship that started when she was just 15 years old.

The suit, which was settled and dismissed in 2016, has clear parallels to the many sexual abuse accusations against Moore, which allegedly took place when his accusers were teenagers and he was in his 30s.

More at the link, given above.

Why am I not surprised???

This had me shaking my head so hard I got a headache: "The worst Roy Moore take ever has arrived"

Spoiler

The worst Roy Moore take has arrived. It is headlined, “Why Alabamians Should Vote for Roy Moore.” It is subheadlined — yes, really, this is what it is subheadlined — “I have a 14-year-old daughter. If I caught Roy Moore doing what was alleged, for starters I would kick him where it counts. That said, I don’t think it’s wrong to vote for Moore.”

Where to start? The Internet, of course, had a number of answers, as take-down tweet after take-down tweet after sharp satire streamed in. The bottom line for many aggrieved readers of the ill-received Federalist article was this: The site was irresponsible to publish such a uniquely awful piece.

Maybe. Or maybe not. People have struggled to understand how anyone could possibly vote for Moore after multiple women accused him of pursuing them as teens. The Federalist piece is indeed uniquely awful, but it’s so awful it’s almost useful: Its moral bankruptcy lays bare what is wrong with all those other more specific, slightly subtler excuses for sending Moore to the Senate.

There is the subheadline, to start with. If Moore had messed with writer Tully Borland’s 14-year-old daughter, Borland wouldn’t tolerate it. But as long as it’s someone else’s kid, he seems to imply, that’s fine. This may be the starkest and most straightforward example yet of excusing an alleged sexual assaulter only when his actions don’t affect us or anyone we care about.

That’s the first of many familiar arguments that look weaker than ever through the lens of Borland’s piece. Next, Borland stretches the “different time” defense beyond belief. Sure, Borland quotes a philosophy professor who is “sick to death of people imposing their own moral standards on people of the past,” but he’s not content to stay in the 1970s. Borland reaches back all the way to … the 1600s, when the historical Sami roamed Northern Scandinavia to establish the evolutionary merit of marrying a young girl “if one wants to raise a large family.”

Worse yet, by focusing on age alone, Borland’s opening salvo ignores the reality that forcing oneself on someone is wrong, whether that someone is 14 or 40.

Borland rolls merrily along to casting cherry-picked doubt on what he points out are decades-old accusations, and in the same set of paragraphs agreeing to “suppose the accusations are mostly true.” He then proceeds to defend one of the most objectionable trends among Moore supporters: Saying Moore is scum, but that scum with an “R” next to its name is better than a Democrat. Borland’s central argument here is that “never voting for a lesser evil means never voting.”

The problem, of course, is that this assumes Democratic rival Doug Jones is a greater evil than Moore. And that assumption strips away all pretext to reveal what the Alabama election is really about: abortion. Borland scoffs at the apparently ludicrous idea that “Moore, as an old, married man, is still trying to have sex with teens” (as if matrimony or advanced age has stopped other men outed as abusers), and then says Jones is worse because he supports unrestricted abortion now. The pro-choice/pro-life divide can cut deep enough to decide a race — and deeper, the Moore debacle is proving, than alleged sexual misconduct involving minors.

With muddled excuse after muddled excuse, Borland makes the ultimate takeaway all too clear. One minute, Moore isn’t so bad after all. The next, it doesn’t matter how bad Moore is, because “a vote is not an expression of agreement with everything about a candidate or a candidate’s views.”

And then Borland hammers it home: “If Moore should step aside,” he says, “so should Jones.” He isn’t simply telling readers to vote according to the overall societal outcome they’d prefer. He’s making a character judgment about Moore and Jones that puts them on the same plane. And to do it, he’s conflating a political position with a personal pattern of preying on children.

“Politics,” Borland concludes by declaring, “is never pure.” He’s probably right. But each and every argument by Moore’s supporters makes the business even dirtier.

21 hours ago, mirele said:

This is already over at the Doug Phillips is a Tool topic, but needs to be here as well:

https://thinkprogress.org/moore-study-course-vison-forum-135402ed8816/

*snip*

And of course Think Progress did their homework:

More at the link, given above.

Why am I not surprised???

This hit CNN

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/11/30/lead-alex-marquardt-roy-moore-live-jake-tapper.cnn

Just watched Jimmy Kimmel where he sent the guy to the Roy Moore rally at the church the other night. Ugh, it was disgusting to watch all of the people he talked to, while pretending to be a Moore supporter, who admitted that they don't care what Moore did, they just won't vote for a Democrat. All the while expressing outrage because "those lying women" must think people in Alabama are stupid! Never mind that the women are from Alabama. He caught one of them off guard. While she was calling the accusers liars, he said, "Yes, all women are liars!" That shut her up.

15 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Meghan McCain's new husband is the publisher of The Federalist, so she retweeted this about the controversy earlier today:

Nope, sorry, no. Newt Gingrich, so appropriate.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived