IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

So the piling on starts. Yesterday, the best thing that could ever happen to the country, today, something that crawled out of the sewer.

The Good(old boy)Republicans of Alabama may have it worse now than they would have after the Senate kicked old Roy out. I'm gonna guess that a lot of those very white people are going to crawl back under the rock where they normally live before the glare of the unforgiving Republican hypocrisy can burn their tender skin off. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Wow, just wow. Considering the source here makes this VERY remarkable. Wouldn't have expected Huckabee to be the voice of reason (understatement!)

Back when he was just an Arkansas politician there were actually things I liked about Huckabee. For example, he opposed Jim Holt (the one who was close to the Duggars) when Holt wanted to deny benefits to illegal immigrants.

In 2005, a Republican state senator named Jim Holt introduced a bill to deny public benefits to Arkansas' soaring population of illegal immigrants. Holt, a Southern Baptist minister, figured it was a rock-solid conservative idea -- a matter, he said, "of right and wrong."

Arkansas' governor at the time was also a professed conservative, and also a Southern Baptist minister. But Mike Huckabee had only scorn for his fellow Republican's proposal.

Huckabee called the bill "race-baiting" and "demagoguery," and argued that the denial of health services could harm innocent children. The bill, Huckabee said, did not conform with his take on Christian values.

"I drink a different kind of Jesus juice," Huckabee said.

Here in Arkansas, where Huckabee ruled as governor for 10 1/2 years, voters grew accustomed to a different brand of Republican -- a governor with an idiosyncratic agenda that was sometimes difficult to categorize, but always driven, Huckabee insists, by his Southern Baptist faith. That faith influenced major policy decisions that could be deemed moderate, if not liberal, including a significant environmental initiative and a vastly expanded healthcare plan for low-income children.

Unfortunately he seems to have abandoned that side of himself since entering the national spotlight.

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

It gives me hope, too. In less than eleven months, there will be another election, and the entire House of Representatives will be up for reelection, as well as 1/3 of the Senate.  Stay tuned for the onslaught of campaign commercials, coming to a television near you!

Remember all your local elections as well.  City and county councils. State legislators, governors.  It all matters. 

:God wasn't registered to vote in Alabama" made me laugh. God wasn't registered but a whole bunch of other people were and they didn't want Moore, something he doesn't seem to be accepting gracefully. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived