IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

Oh, the gap just got closer. Moore 50.7% Jones 47.9%. That's with 68% of precincts reporting.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The needle thing on the NYT website is giving me intense anxiety. 

I’m pessimistic, but willing to be pleasantly surprised. 

I want to cry though. This man is a fucking disgusting pedophile. He shouldn’t have one vote. 

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

I just checked the Times and it is 50-47 for Satan. 

Counted votes?

This is a projection based on uncounted vote modeling.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-roy-moore-doug-jones

They are predicting 65% for a Jones win.  I'd take it with a grain of salt but Jones is getting closer and is predicted to win by 8% in uncounted votes.

The NYT model went from 75% Jones win to 63% Jones win within the last half hour or so, which I'm not taking as a good sign. I am so fucking on edge right now.

Gap just go closer. Moore 50.5% Jones 48%. Jones still leading in the larger counties.

2 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Gap just go closer. Moore 50.5% Jones 48%. Jones still leading in the larger counties.

Xanax is kicking in, but I need extra.

49.4 - 49.1  I can't deal.

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Anyone remember the Randall Flagg character in the movie version of Stephen King's "The Stand"?  No idea why he just popped into my head...

Never saw the movie, but you just gave me a long ago flashback to making dinner for my boyfriend's family for the first time, whilst reading the last 20 pages of the book. I could not put it down.  Basting a bird with one hand, book in the other.  First and last time I ever did that. 

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yeah, I haven't ridden a horse in forty years or so but reading that, uh, yeah, Roy, even I know that's not the way to ride a horse. You look really uncomfortable. And Miss Kayla was having a hard time keeping up. I can see how it went down at the Moore house this morning. "What, the fucking horses again? No, I am not riding a fucking horse to the polls. It's goddamn cold and I want my heated seat in the Bentley." 

I just want to say how much I appreciate everyone on this thread.  This has been an awful week for me because of so many triggers.  I hope to god Jones wins but I am trying to think positively if he loses.  No one thought the race would be this close a few weeks ago, looks like a lot of Alabamians took Roy's accusers seriously.  The tide is turning. 

49.9% to 48.6%. 80% reporting.

I wish I could drink. This isn’t fun to witness while sober.

NY Times currently has them tied at 49.2% - Moore ahead by about a thousand votes.

ETA: CNN has it at 49.3% Moore and 49.1% Jones.

The NYT is showing Judge Pedo with only 200 votes more than Jones, with 85% reporting. Oh, please, Rufus.

NY Times now has Jones ahead - 49.3% to 49.1%

Just now, Destiny said:

Are the write ins gonna be the difference again? Cos that did not go well in November 16. 

Write-ins are around 1.6% right now - so it’s entirely possible. 

1 minute ago, Carol said:

I just want to say how much I appreciate everyone on this thread.  This has been an awful week for me because of so many triggers.  I hope to god Jones wins but I am trying to think positively if he loses.  No one thought the race would be this close a few weeks ago, looks like a lot of Alabamians took Roy's accusers seriously.  The tide is turning. 

It's women, African Americans, young people...together we are more than the creepy, white faux Christian stereotype so many of us have of Alabamians.

I confess, I stereotype in this way.  I think this is why I like to listen to Trae Crowder, the Redneck Liberal.  He's from Tennessee, but it's so refreshing to hear a true progressive with heavy Southern accent "draggin' Dixie out of the dark."

MSNBC reports Jones has taken the lead. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Are the write ins gonna be the difference again? Cos that did not go well in November 16. 

I’m hoping in this case the write-ins are drawing away from Moore, rather than Jones. 

Cautiously optimistic, guys!

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It's women, African Americans, young people...together we are more than the creepy, white faux Christian stereotype so many of us have of Alabamians.

I confess, I stereotype in this way.  I think this is why I like to listen to Trae Crowder, the Redneck Liberal.  He's from Tennessee, but it's so refreshing to hear a true progressive with heavy Southern accent "draggin' Dixie out of the dark."

MSNBC reports Jones has taken the lead. 

Not all women. White women still voted overwhelmingly for Moore. Once again, people of color are pulling through for all of us! We all need to do better. 

Just now, Rachel333 said:

Jones is ahead now?!?!?

Yes, per the NYT:

Doug Jones leads by 0.7 percentage points over Roy Moore with 88 percent of precincts fully reporting. Jump to estimate of final result ↓

CandidatePartyVotesPct.

Doug Jones Democrat  569,114   49.6%

Roy Moore Republican  560,804  48.8

Total Write-Ins —18,1901.6

88% reporting (1,962 of 2,220 precincts)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived