IGNORED

Fundy Matching Game: Unmarried Fundies 4

Bethella

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm assuming that was a very long time ago. People could actually do that decades ago. My grandparents married young and had children right away with no college education and one paycheck. 

Things are very different these days.

Things aren't that different really. Lots of people still so it today.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mommagoose said:

I'm curious to see some statistics of teenagers being able to marry and live on one income. 

1 hour ago, mommagoose said:

Some do, I'm related to a few of them, but they also use welfare programs to do so. 

No education, no family money or family business to take over, young marriage with lots of kids quickly? No, lots of people don't do that successfully.

2 hours ago, mommagoose said:

Are we talking about fundies or regular mainstream people? Two big, fundie Baptist churches in this town and it appears most of them get engaged around 20. There are still a few who are in their mid to late 20's but that is rare. One spouse from each church. Sadly there are ALOT of ties with Crown and Penescola as well. Have only seen 18-19 year olds getting married because of pregnancies. Anyone younger is extremely rare in this area.

17 hours ago, dramallama said:

I wonder when Grace Sanders will be tying the knot.  She's been engaged since July of last year, which is an eternity in their world.

Is she still engaged, or have they quietly parted ways? 

5 hours ago, caitrona said:

Is she still engaged, or have they quietly parted ways? 

They’re still engaged per her Facebook 

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

They’re still engaged per her Facebook 

longest engagement in fundie history?! Good for them though.

Somebody on JRod said there should be a fundie tinder and I thought of this thread! They could actually come here and see a spreadsheet of all eligible maidens and young men to match up with! Thanks to you who keep this up by the way!

58 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Somebody on JRod said there should be a fundie tinder and I thought of this thread! They could actually come here and see a spreadsheet of all eligible maidens and young men to match up with! Thanks to you who keep this up by the way!

This could make for some interesting courtship stories. :D:D

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

This could make for some interesting courtship stories. :D:D

and how did you two meet. oh you know we were looking through a  spreadsheet of all the single people in our religon and found each other. god just called us to go to that site. of course they won't mention what site. 

I do t know if you list all the Roberts kids but Willie has been in a relationship with a girl named Molly for awhile now. She's stunning and I think she's going to school in the medical field. Maybe PA? Not sure. But she's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. 

IMG_7403.PNG

On 3/10/2018 at 7:22 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Daddy Seewald made a post a few years back about why young marriage is good. So I think he just wants his kids married off young no matter the way they get there. 

My husband's parents are a prime example of why young marriage is not a good thing. I'm sure some do work out, but not too many that I know of. Hub's parents were 16 and even they thought that she was pregnant - which she wasn't but nobody bothered to take her to the doctor. They did not stay married, and the marriage was not good while it lasted. I think a lot of the reason was probably their age and maturity level.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do t know if you list all the Roberts kids but Willie has been in a relationship with a girl named Molly for awhile now. She's stunning and I think she's going to school in the medical field. Maybe PA? Not sure. But she's one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen. 

Last time someone brought it up it was still speculated not confirmed. 

This is what the caption says so it sounds like they've been an item for 6 months. She's got brains and beauty. What the hell is she doing with a Roberts? Sad. Hopefully if they get married he won't expect her to pop out a kid every year and never work outside he home.

IMG_7407.PNG

On 3/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Allison Wilson just got Instagram and appears to be in a relationship. She’s either 34 or 35

Reveal hidden contents

F4F36603-F6CF-4579-A653-D917C0077BF3.thumb.jpeg.913b45dfb902dc83087dfa9460affa6f.jpeg

I'm pretty sure she's engaged now. Allison, her mom and sister Rachel were looking at wedding dresses on rachels inst

3 hours ago, mommagoose said:

I'm pretty sure she's engaged now. Allison, her mom and sister Rachel were looking at wedding dresses on rachels inst

Yeah I saw that too. Rachel also posted on her Instagram story a few days ago that she and Allison were visiting Allison’s soon to be home in Oklahoma. I don’t know the name of her guy though

i was tentatively perusing the Rodrigues blog (I'm very scared to fall down that rabbit hole with all the comments I see on here about Jill), but I noticed that on their site, they list Timothy's birthday as March 2000.  I don't know what the actual date is, but if my math skills are correct, would he be turning 18 this year?  Should he be added to the eligible list?  

7 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

i was tentatively perusing the Rodrigues blog (I'm very scared to fall down that rabbit hole with all the comments I see on here about Jill), but I noticed that on their site, they list Timothy's birthday as March 2000.  I don't know what the actual date is, but if my math skills are correct, would he be turning 18 this year?  Should he be added to the eligible list?  

Yes he should be. He and Nurie will be 18 for a month since they are only 11 months apart. 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes he should be. He and Nurie will be 18 for a month since they are only 11 months apart. 

Ah.. I'd say ick, but my sister and I are the same age for 5 weeks, so I can't snark too much.  My family is the furthest thing from fundie, but my parents were quite young and very fertile when they had us.  Thankfully, they stopped after two.  

1 hour ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Ah.. I'd say ick, but my sister and I are the same age for 5 weeks, so I can't snark too much.  My family is the furthest thing from fundie, but my parents were quite young and very fertile when they had us.  Thankfully, they stopped after two.  

Jill's first four children are two sets of Irish twins so feel free to snark away! 

Now THIS is interesting... Looks like Jordanyo Niednagel has done some editing on his latest blogpost (http://www.niednagel.com/blog.htm). A day or two ago he had a photo of Hannah Zes showing off her engagement ring to Rebecca Thomas and other admirers, but now, just like that, the photo is gone! Jordanyo wrote that they were oh so happy that Hannah was finally getting married, and the lucky groom was their dear friend Andrew. Maybe he wasn't supposed to tell about her engagement, and Daddy Zes told him to take the photo away. If that's the case, I must admit I feel schadenfreude that the ever-smug-and-holier-than-the-rest-of-us-Jordan got his fingers burnt. 

edit. Found this: https://registry.theknot.com/hannah-z-andrew-w-september-2018/24917866

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Now THIS is interesting... Looks like Jordanyo Niednagel has done some editing on his latest blogpost (http://www.niednagel.com/blog.htm). A day or two ago he had a photo of Hannah Zes showing off her engagement ring to Rebecca Thomas and other admirers, but now, just like that, the photo is gone! Jordanyo wrote that they were oh so happy that Hannah was finally getting married, and the lucky groom was their dear friend Andrew. Maybe he wasn't supposed to tell about her engagement, and Daddy Zes told him to take the photo away. If that's the case, I must admit I feel schadenfreude that the ever-smug-and-holier-than-the-rest-of-us-Jordan got his fingers burnt. 

edit. Found this: https://registry.theknot.com/hannah-z-andrew-w-september-2018/24917866

"Hey folks! I just got engaged, but I don't want anyone to see my face!"

The Zes ladies continue in their mysterious, elusive ways.

https://www.facebook.com/j.andrew.wong?lst=1485232865%3A742598061%3A1522509675

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 8.21.52 AM.png

Oh man you know Jordan is going to make a billion awful puns when he posts about that wedding. Hannah couldn't go Wong with Andrew. I hope they have a Wong and wonderful life together. Ugh...

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh man you know Jordan is going to make a billion awful puns when he posts about that wedding. Hannah couldn't go Wong with Andrew. I hope they have a Wong and wonderful life together. Ugh...

Yep. 

Re: the Zes daughters. They must all be at least 30, and isn't one of them already married? Back in the day, DPIART used to feature them regularly in his blog as the epitomes of SAHD-hood. 

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived