IGNORED

Fundy Matching Game: Unmarried Fundies 4

Bethella

I’m captioning Victor’s thoughts going on in this picture. 

“Should I put all my fingers on her shoulder? Is it too lustful? Maybe just one finger is chaste? What will my parents think? Will this cause premarital sex? I’m going straight to hell. God forgive me!”

573FB15C-1042-4FCB-A5C5-D8F46CA66672.jpeg

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, albireo said:

Oh my goodness, looking at one of the captions on that post, Cassie has a sister named Variety. That's a new one.

I wonder if it’s a typo of Verity. My phone just autocorrected Verity to Variety, so it’s possible. Otherwise, yeah, that’s a new one for the ‘weird ass fundie names’ list!

14 hours ago, meee said:

Is Benjamin Lockwood 18 yet? The Lockwoods are going to have a child turning 18 every year now, but I don't know any birthdays. 

He turned 18 last week.

re Mariah Campagna and John Morton

I hope they are trolling everyone and that they are not serious and that they are actually out there dating up a storm and having a great time. 

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

re Mariah Campagna and John Morton

I hope they are trolling everyone and that they are not serious and that they are actually out there dating up a storm and having a great time. 

lol it’s Campbell Roberts not Mariah Campana

also John posted a new pic with Campbell and called her the “second best thing that ever happened to him”. I know he means the first one is god but it still sounds bad for some reason. 

@VBOY9977 Wait, from the context I definitely thought he was saying that steak was the best thing that ever happened to him! You're probably right :lol:

5 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

lol it’s Campbell Roberts not Mariah Campana

also John posted a new pic with Campbell and called her the “second best thing that ever happened to him”. I know he means the first one is god but it still sounds bad for some reason. 

yikes! thanks for correcting me, I blame working late but it could have been the lack of coffee too

On 5/14/2018 at 3:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is her father in the picture? If not, it could be her mother’s maiden name or a stepfather’s name. I’ve known people who have chosen to use their mother’s maiden name because they didn’t want the last name of a man they had little relationship with. 

Yep, basically this. She and her mother are now using Kirkpatrick, the other two sisters are still using Gray. The parents have either been divorced or separated for quite some time now and Holly has been outspoken in posting against abuse and the way we handle it as Christians. It sounds like her husband was very controlling and mentally/emotionally abusive I’m thankful that Rachel dodged the ND bullet; her new squeeze seems like a nerdy-sweet, good guy. He’s about as far from the ND look as you can get and they’re adorable together. Sounds like normal dating and such — with kissing. I think engagement is not too far away. 

On 5/22/2018 at 10:39 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Seems like it. Cheesy hashtag.

AE1E2723-659B-4568-BA91-02261896EB25.png

I wonder how the older Morton siblings, with their no-touch Biblical betrothals and bride prices, feel about their younger brother having a relationship with someone who already publicly posted "I kinda like you" about another guy. Rules changed quite a lot during the years in this family. Which is a good thing but I "kinda think it's... pretty unfair".

2 hours ago, zcccrv said:

I wonder how the older Morton siblings, with their no-touch Biblical betrothals and bride prices, feel about their younger brother having a relationship with someone who already publicly posted "I kinda like you" about another guy. Rules changed quite a lot during the years in this family. Which is a good thing but I "kinda think it's... pretty unfair".

I was not reading their blogs back then so I’m not sure of their old courtship rules. But they now seem to be touchy in their relationships. The older married siblings seem to comment a lot on how great they think this particular relationship is. So On the surface they seem to be ok with it. But they could be hiding some resentment or annoyance. 

I have followed Mortons for a decade at least and the older children indeed had no snuggling, hugging, etc courtships, with lots of other weird shit added in. I mean who could forget the bethrothal videos, buying the bride with silver, or slave-master like foot washing ceremony. I’m certainly happy to see some of that weirdness chip away and kids actually getting to know each other somewhat before marriage. I think Andrew Morton-Kennedy Decker was the first dating-courtship and it actually worked out well, they seem to actually love each other. 

3 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

I have followed Mortons for a decade at least and the older children indeed had no snuggling, hugging, etc courtships, with lots of other weird shit added in. I mean who could forget the bethrothal videos, buying the bride with silver, or slave-master like foot washing ceremony. I’m certainly happy to see some of that weirdness chip away and kids actually getting to know each other somewhat before marriage. I think Andrew Morton-Kennedy Decker was the first dating-courtship and it actually worked out well, they seem to actually love each other. 

They are quite close and snuggly in their pictures. I wonder if the Duggars and Bates families will loosen the rules with the younger kids. It always seems like fundies loosen some rules by the time they get to the youngest. Like the Bates parents letting the youngest ones watch Paw Patrol. I just feel like they are zealous as hell in the beginning and then the loosen the ropes by the time the youngest ones are left and a lot of their sister moms have gotten married. 

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just feel like they are zealous as hell in the beginning and then the loosen the ropes by the time the youngest ones are left and a lot of their sister moms have gotten

I think this is common even in non religious families with lots of kids.  It’s really hard to maintain that same level of zealous overattention for decades, and as parents get older, their energy and endurance go down, too, especially with the long term impact of double digit pregnancies.   Hopefully there’s also some wisdom involved when it comes to choosing which battles are worth fighting, but that’s probably wishful thinking in some of these cases.

7 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I think this is common even in non religious families with lots of kids.  It’s really hard to maintain that same level of zealous overattention for decades, and as parents get older, their energy and endurance go down, too, especially with the long term impact of double digit pregnancies.   Hopefully there’s also some wisdom involved when it comes to choosing which battles are worth fighting, but that’s probably wishful thinking in some of these cases.

Yeah I think that’s probably true. My dad is the oldest and says his youngest sibling (#4) got away with murder and his parents were strictest on him. My grandparents said they were older and tired by the time #4 was in high school and running wild. 

Sounds like Melanie Thomas is finally getting married this weekend. The Thomas siblings are an attractive bunch. Hard to believe she has been single this long. Looks like 3 back to back weddings for Ma & Pa Thomas. Only 1 left.

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Sounds like Melanie Thomas is finally getting married this weekend. The Thomas siblings are an attractive bunch. Hard to believe she has been single this long. Looks like 3 back to back weddings for Ma & Pa Thomas. Only 1 left.

According to the registry the wedding is Friday, June 15.

Is not going to be a double wedding with the one of the Zes-ets and the brother of Melanie’s groom? Fundies do that sometimes.

Just now, Mrs. Bean said:

Is not going to be a double wedding with the one of the Zes-ets and the brother of Melanie’s groom? Fundies do that sometimes.

No, based on their registries, Melanie Thomas and Benjamin Wong are getting married Friday, June 15 while Hannah Zes and Andrew Wong are getting married Friday, September 7.

2 minutes ago, Bethella said:

No, based on their registries, Melanie Thomas and Benjamin Wong are getting married Friday, June 15 while Hannah Zes and Andrew Wong are getting married Friday, September 7.

Thank you, do you know which one of them is Hannah? It’s odd that daughters of prominent patriarch remained unmarried for this long. The older girls/women must be in their mid to late 30s. 

Just now, Mrs. Bean said:

Thank you, do you know which one of them is Hannah? It’s odd that daughters of prominent patriarch remained unmarried for this long. The older girls/women must be in their mid to late 30s. 

No, I've never followed the Zeses.

Grace Sanders and Alex Gray have a date, August 18. https://registry.theknot.com/grace-sanders-alex-gray-august-2018/25333363

Very long engagement for a fundie.

ETA: Also, could you please add the Thomas family (Rusty's kids)? The older kids are married, but there's Josiah (20) and Valiant (~18, just graduated from high school) who are single.

It's important to remember that the early Morton marriages were almost all S'Morton unions. The Smiths seemed to generate at least 80% of the nonsense in those courtships and the ensuing weddings, and most of that was probably due to the misplaced dramatic flair of the Captain, who unfortunately missed his calling as the ringmaster of a shady circus. Once the Smithsplosion ended, the remaining Mortons have had increasingly mainstream weddings, and relaxed dating/courting rules. Kennedy and Andrew seemed to have more freedom than any other (ffs, he was allowed to spend weeks at a time with her in Europe with a decided lack of chaperones), but most of the others seem to have had far more time to get to know one another, moderate pre-engagement physical contact, and trendy weddings. 

Craptain Smith is a huckster who preached a literal sermon on how he had never allowed Kressant to have a personal opinion as she grew up, lest it inconvenience her future headship. I don't think that the Mortons have done their kids many favors (and their refusal to act on poor Katie's reluctance to marry Alan is a stark indictment of their shitty judgement as parents), but with some distance from the Smiths, they seem capable of making better choices these days for the younger set. At the least, they seem to have grown away from the silliness and pretentious pseudo-rituals of yore. 

Anthony Daming and Raquel Ruiz are engaged as of May 20th, but he mentioned it today.

44 minutes ago, albireo said:

Anthony Daming and Raquel Ruiz are engaged as of May 20th, but he mentioned it today.

Is he the oldest of the Damings, or the oldest boy? Super fertile Monica Brown is his sister IIRC.

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived