IGNORED

Fundy Matching Game: Unmarried Fundies 4

Bethella

51 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Josie Bates and Kelton Balka are officially courting.

To clarify - it was announced via email to those who subscribe to UP TV / Bringing Up Bates emails. At least two FJers sacrificed themselves by signing up for the emails, which is how it’s known. The news will be publicly released to everyone not on the list today. 

(Just in case anyone gets confused about a lack of press releases right now. Lol!)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, looks like 2 weddings for the Bates this year. Looks like Michael will probably be the only Bates girl to marry after 22. Well they are very pretty and any "fundie" guy would be crazy to let one get away.

1 minute ago, Tangy Bee said:

Dang, looks like 2 weddings for the Bates this year. Looks like Michael will probably be the only Bates girl to marry after 22. Well they are very pretty and any "fundie" guy would be crazy to let one get away.

Katie reminds me of Michael. I think she could be older.

15 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

When Michael was 22 she was still needed so much at home that even if there were suitors, Kelly and Gil would have never allowed her to leave.

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

When Michael was 22 she was still needed so much at home that even if there were suitors, Kelly and Gil would have never allowed her to leave.

I honestly think part of that was Brandon. She was needed at home but Brandon also took things slow because he wanted to finish school before they got married. And Michael patiently waited, probably because she knew they needed her help at home and she stayed very busy. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly think part of that was Brandon. She was needed at home but Brandon also took things slow because he wanted to finish school before they got married. And Michael patiently waited, probably because she knew they needed her help at home and she stayed very busy. 

Brandon wasn't the only one in school; Michael earned a AA from a secular community college. And I think the Bates have an unmarried Paine daughter (Abby?) living with them now, so they've got a governess--less need to keep Josie and Carlin around.

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Brandon wasn't the only one in school; Michael earned a AA from a secular community college. And I think the Bates have an unmarried Paine daughter (Abby?) living with them now, so they've got a governess--less need to keep Josie and Carlin around.

Actually I think she continued school after marriage so it wasn't keeping her from marriage. I think Michael would've married him MUCH sooner if he had asked.

Is Carlin in college? I know Josie has a degree but is Carlin waiting to graduate? 

Although Tori also said she was waiting to graduate but she still married anyway. I hope she will not get pregnant until after graduation, it is only a few months and it would be a shame if she quits.

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Is Carlin in college? I know Josie has a degree but is Carlin waiting to graduate? 

Although Tori also said she was waiting to graduate but she still married anyway. I hope she will not get pregnant until after graduation, it is only a few months and it would be a shame if she quits.

I don't think she will quit even if she got pregnant on her wedding night. She seemed definite in her resolve to graduate. Take a semester off? Maybe. But I think she will finish. 

Brittany Alexander and Johnny Ingalls got married today. Forgive their awkward looking wedding photos. They had a no touch courtship it seems :-/

IMG_6665.PNG

Wow. This wedding dress makes Anna Duggar's t-shirt style gown look like a million dollar piece.

How awkward and also frightening it must be to go from a no-touch-courtship to making babies, just because you said "I do". It makes me shiver.

Her hair looks like some of JillRod's creations. 

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Wow. This wedding dress makes Anna Duggar's t-shirt style gown look like a million dollar piece.

How awkward and also frightening it must be to go from a no-touch-courtship to making babies, just because you said "I do". It makes me shiver.

I personally theorize that the no touch courtships don't produce as many honeymoon babies because they are still trying to get through the awkwardness of it all. If these fundie parents were smart, they would encourage the couples to hug and hold hands so it's way less awkward and they get grandbabies sooner. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally theorize that the no touch courtships don't produce as many honeymoon babies because they are still trying to get through the awkwardness of it all. If these fundie parents were smart, they would encourage the couples to hug and hold hands so it's way less awkward and they get grandbabies sooner. 

I remember my first sexual experiences and how awkward they were. I've had more than one partner. I gave aways pieces of my heart and girly parts long before I got married, and I don't regret it or think less of myself because of it. Anyway, even with my ex husband, our first intimate ventures were awkward and took a bit of time and practice before it became 'natural' or whatever you want to call it. 

I cannot, in any capacity, imagine what it is like to be raised thinking my hymen is something to be protected and cherished, never touch a man - in some cases, never be alone with him - then get married and have to figure it all out in one fell swoop. 

Personally, the best part of dating has always been the part where you not only get to know each other, but the rush that comes from "oh my god, he likes me as much as I like him", the "all sex all the time" part of early involvement, the excitement of seeing him next, getting to do things for the first time (not sexual)....the whole process. To know that all that is moot, because you're married to him and now have to learn how to make the babies, is so foreign and, to be honest, wrong to me. There is no choice in it. You are married for life and have to make it happen/work/last/whatever. 

No thank you. I am a human being, made to work like a human being. To stifle it for some religious dogma is just insane to me. I don't think you have to have sex to know if you love someone or not, but I do believe you need intimacy to know. You need to experience life, together. You do need to 'connect' and not just follow some arbitrary rules set by your parents/church/cult. 

Brittany has been rocking the Mall Revival Krispy Kurl for at least the past 8 years. I can't really begrudge her choice to wear her hair like that on her wedding day; it's her "look", and the bigger/fluffier aspect of the curls around her face are truly more flattering than her usual "dehydrated perm" default style.

The dress is exactly what I expected. I figured she'd either wear a 1980's monstrosity inherited from her mother/random aunt, or she'd sew up a custom modesty sack for the big day. I will say that, for all of the missed opportunities this dress represents in terms of style, it's a damn sight better than Martha's FrankenTulle number. Brittany's slim build and sweet face would have been really set off by something vintage. I would have loved to see her in a more tailored '50s dress that showed off her waistline.

Snark on her personal adornment aside, Johnny looks like he absolutely adores her. 

While I said her hair looks like it was styled by JillRod, if it is her usual style then it must be something she likes and that's all that matters. I don't really know these people, except that she is the sister of Martha Morton's man child husband. Actually, on my wedding day I didn't do anything very special to my hair, because having my hair in an updo wouldn't have felt "me", so I just let it hang loose (I have waist length hair) and stick a flower in it and called it a day.

Does anyone know how strict fundies the Alexanders are? I mean are they the usual crazy or more like fundie-lite? 

I’m not sure if it’s just the lighting in the last picture but, holy cow, that dress is white!  

2 hours ago, Rosalie said:

I can understand why the bride wants to cover up neckline, arms and waistline on wedding day if that is what she is taught to be doing. But there are pretty nice, very modest wedding dresses out there, examples shown in link to the webpage of a modest bridal shop: https://www.couturedebride.com/our-modest-brides

The have beautiful dresses! If I ever get married, I'd could totally see myself in one of their gowns. Not for modesty reasons (although I prefer being kind of covered up in church, but that's a totally personal choice), but just because their are gorgeous!!!

I think Brittany's dress would've looked really nice on her had it been more fitted. I'm so tired of the loose fitting dresses these fundies go for. I guess one positive is that they are more comfortable. 

Michael Staddon, one of the unmarried Staddons, has a new beekeeping course. His dad posted this about it:

"Because the course is privately produced Michael does not have to be politically correct or ignore issues that beginners want to know about. He has constantly striven to present the facts simply and without bias; indifferent to the misinformation that abounds on the web."

My questions:

How old is this manboy?  [since Daddy writes blog posts for him]  How in the Hell is political correctness a part of beekeeping?

Does his course just ignore global warming (an actual bee issue) and evolution?  And pretend that Queens are not the Head of the Household?

https://www.staddonfamily.com/2018/01/26/new-beekeeping-training-opportunity/

He appears to be indifferent to the rules of grammatical writing as well.

He has constantly striven to present the facts simply and without bias; indifferent to the misinformation that abounds on the web. 

There should be a comma between "bias" and "indifferent," not a semi-colon.

• Bethella unpinned and locked this topic

Archived