IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

Thanks @nst!

Some thoughts:

- Letters to the siblings - Praise Rufus what I wouldnt give to get a peek at what he wrote to Joshly! Something along the lines of "you showed me how to be the worst shithead possible, thanks for teaching me what NOT to do."

- Jana - Oh, poor Cinderjana.  Smiling away as she watches yet another sibling break free from the prison o boob.  My heart breaks for her as she dutifully primps, sews, dresses, and makes sure everything is perfect for everyone else.  She even scrambled to light candles when the power went out.  

- Kendra - HOLY FUCK STOP GIGGLING. I just cant get past it.  I really cant.  Its like nails on a chalkboard and sounds like the cries of her brain cells screaming out for education.  She's a child, maybe an 8 year old by the way she behaves.  What the fuck is wrong with these people that they consider her a "woman" based on the fact that she's married but not emotionally mature enough to do anything.

- The dress - I kind of thought the bodice reminded me of a bullet proof vest.  The whole thing with the "old" dress being a part of new is cute, but its getting overdone.  DId you catch the part about them IRONING IT ON? I'm guessing she wont get a "dress" episode like the other J'duggars do. 

Relationship with daddy - I found is sweet but squicky.  SHe totally ignored her mother and was ALL ABOUT daddy.  Mom just stood there. Mom didnt even walk with her down the aisle like Michelle does, she's a non factor.  If you need your daddy that much youre not ready to get married.  The whole thing may have been played up for the cameras, but it was too much.

The wedding - This wasnt Kendra's wedding ,this was a duggar show.  From the decorations (Mz renee "didnt really know the bride"), to the BS with the ring coming down via rappel... Kendra was just along for the ride. She clearly had NO say in how this went down.  Good doormat... she'll be perfect for the Duggar brand.  I thought the cross thing was ridiculous.  A crown of lights?  WTF does that have to do with the wedding or the bride? There was absolutely no personalization, just Duggardom.  I know that she's close to the J'slaves, but the whole bridal party looked like Joe's family.  It was confusing who was the bride - I mean, how close are she OR Joe to anna?

The shadow of Josh - The whole "talk" that Michelle and Boob gave him stunk of the scandal.  It was very much "dont fuck this up, youre the first boy we're letting out of our grasp."  The words were never said, but in all the interviews with the kids and shots in the rooms, the shadow floated over the whole thing.

Joy - I agree, she was showing and she knew she was pregnant.  We've seen her without glasses before and I thought it was odd that she chose to wear them to the wedding.  My vision changed FAST when I was pregnant... 

The church - Who's church is that?  Its definitely a different one than they usually use and it was also VERY empty compared to the usual Duggar shit.  Maybe the Caldwells were footing the bill... 

I'm sure they'll tighten it up when we have to watch it again next season, but it will be interesting how they change Kendra, because they will, because she's not likeable at this point.  She's annoying AF... 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I see correctly? Austin, Ben and Jeremy seated behind Ma and Pa with some littles?   

BUT WHERE WAS DERICK?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

I haven't seen it but to be honest here, if I were to be getting married I'd be overly emotional with my Dad as well. My Dad and are very close, my relationship with my Mom is very up and down. Now Kendra had her Mom as a bridesmaid, so that's likely not where it's coming from with her. 

So..,I ignore my Mom in favour of my Dad whenever I can. :P So that's not strange to me! 

13 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Did I see correctly? Austin, Ben and Jeremy seated behind Ma and Pa with some littles?   

BUT WHERE WAS DERICK?

He was behind the glare with Josh.

3E04F1E200000578-4286534-image-a-76_1488826778710.jpg

21 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

BUT WHERE WAS DERICK?

giphy.gif

I saw him when they did a close up on Mary. He was behind her.

Of course the guy who rappelled with the wedding rings was a friend of Josiah's from ALERT. Makes sense. Josiah lived there for like a bazillionty years.

Yeah, Joy had already announced her pregnancy to the world by the time of Joe's wedding. It's just TLC's tangled timeline at work again.

Several things:

1. The show is not cancelled. They do this with every wedding - they show it once right around the time it occurred, then they backtrack to cover all the stuff that happened in the lead up to the wedding in the new season. Then they show the wedding again and it’s usually been edited somehow (see JD’s phenomenal “bachelor until the rapture” comment not making edit two of Joy’s wedding.)

2. There is literally nothing weird about Samuel not appearing on the show yet. In real life he’s 3.5 months old - on the show he hasn’t been born yet. The show is several months behind real life. It’s extremely likely his birth will be addressed somehow next season, even if he doesn’t get a special episode. My bet is on a lot of home video that’s edited together in kind of a weird way, along with some glossing over of any potential complications there may have been. 

3. Joy announced her pregnancy in August. Joe’s wedding was in September. So there was no need for Joy to purposely try to hide her belly - everyone already knew she was pregnant. No clue about Jessa nor am I going to speculate about that. 

4. Trace was the Groomsman from the Bates family. I believe he was mentioned by name in the articles covering the wedding and he was positively identified in the wedding photos by FJ users as well. 

Count me definitely amused that Jeremy, Ben and Austin were all sitting together right behind JB and DQ, and then there’s Derick rather sulkily sitting two peas behind them and on the other side of the aisle. 

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I'm sure they'll tighten it up when we have to watch it again next season, but it will be interesting how they change Kendra, because they will, because she's not likeable at this point.  She's annoying AF... 

I think she's probably a very nice young lady, but I can't stand her giggling and she comes across as a middle-schooler - which was creepy given the upcoming wedding night.  When her father was talking to Joe before the ceremony I had more of a sense of someone handing over a beloved pet to a new owner than a father giving an adult daughter for marriage.  Maybe she was nervous, and apparently she's a very young-looking person (I was too)...but the giggling has got to go.

Does anyone else think it's strange how over represented the Duggar side of the family is in the wedding party, especially on the bride's side?  I counted 8/12 bridesmaids as Duggars.  

Is she really that close with all the women in the family?  Was she instructed to have them visible for the cameras?  Is she not close enough with any other women that she would want by her side on her day?  

I have so many questions.

I've noticed something about Joe and Kendra's engagement/wedding: Joe and Kendra never implied or insinuated about how much they want to have sex!  (Perhaps that will change on the honeymoon episode). They just seem so innocent.

If you compare to Josh's wedding, he openly talked about looking forward to sex and he talked about not wanting any pranks to delay his departure time. Also, the infamous "lego sex talk" with Jim Bob.

I don't remember if Jill/Derick or Jessa/Ben talking about before the wedding sex, although there was obvious sexual chemistry between Ben and Jessa.

Jinger, however, talked several times about not wanting visitors for 6 months after the wedding, and after the 6 months was over, she talked about ensuring  there was a lock on bedroom door. Jeremy made some comments during the honeymoon episode about his favorite thing about being married.

Joy was very clear that she was looking forward to sex; she clearly talked about not staying long after the reception and she also mentioned that she wants to go camping and not sleep in separate hammocks/tents. I don't remember any comments from Austin.

1 hour ago, emscm said:

Does anyone else think it's strange how over represented the Duggar side of the family is in the wedding party, especially on the bride's side?  I counted 8/12 bridesmaids as Duggars.  

Is she really that close with all the women in the family?  Was she instructed to have them visible for the cameras?  Is she not close enough with any other women that she would want by her side on her day?  

I have so many questions.

Yeah, the Duggar girls haven’t included a bunch of brothers as groomsmen in their weddings, so I don’t know why Kendra and Joe needed to include so many sisters. 

20 hours ago, singsingsing said:

BUTTERfly kiiiisses! After bedtiiime PRAaaAYers! Stickin' liiiiiiitle white flowwwwwers ALLLL up in herrrrrr haaaaaaaiiiirrrr!

:my_sick:

I used to listen to the soft rock radio station when I was trying to fall asleep as a kid. This was around the time Butterfly Kisses came out, so it got played over and over again. Even as a ten-year-old I couldn't stand it.

This is was my father-daughter dance at my wedding. My dad and I have had it picked out since I was about 8.  I actually put a little baby's breath in my hair because of the song. And while this song can be a little cheesy, it is one of the better memories with my dad. 

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

Yeah, the Duggar girls haven’t included a bunch of brothers as groomsmen in their weddings, so I don’t know why Kendra and Joe needed to include so many sisters. 

I don't know if this is possible or what people think, but maybe she had so many Duggar sisters because they've been married and helped with several weddings; therefore they could help her??

ummm I THOUGHT that was Kendra's mom standing up with her. I've never seen anything like that....is that normal? Or some sort of weird "dad will be up there so mom has to be too" kind of thing?

4 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I don't know if this is possible or what people think, but maybe she had so many Duggar sisters because they've been married and helped with several weddings; therefore they could help her??

Could be because the Caldwells are originally from Virginia and moved to plant the church in I believe  2008.

Just now, Helena Handbaket said:

Could be because the Caldwells are originally from Virginia and moved to plant the church in I believe  2008.

But that means Kendra was 10 or 11 when they moved - would be super-sad if she'd never made any friends who weren't Duggars in the 9 years.  (I suspect she was under TV/Duggar pressure to have all the sisters in her wedding party.  If there's a next season, I really hope we see she has a whole collection of friends who she loves, and it's not that she's as isolated as it seems from this very brief look)

Just now, Lurky said:

But that means Kendra was 10 or 11 when they moved - would be super-sad if she'd never made any friends who weren't Duggars in the 9 years.  (I suspect she was under TV/Duggar pressure to have all the sisters in her wedding party.  If there's a next season, I really hope we see she has a whole collection of friends who she loves, and it's not that she's as isolated as it seems from this very brief look)

You have a very good point!!! 9 years is a long time. 

56 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

I've noticed something about Joe and Kendra's engagement/wedding: Joe and Kendra never implied or insinuated about how much they want to have sex!  (Perhaps that will change on the honeymoon episode). They just seem so innocent.

If you compare to Josh's wedding, he openly talked about looking forward to sex and he talked about not wanting any pranks to delay his departure time. Also, the infamous "lego sex talk" with Jim Bob.

I don't remember if Jill/Derick or Jessa/Ben talking about before the wedding sex, although there was obvious sexual chemistry between Ben and Jessa.

Jinger, however, talked several times about not wanting visitors for 6 months after the wedding, and after the 6 months was over, she talked about ensuring  there was a lock on bedroom door. Jeremy made some comments during the honeymoon episode about his favorite thing about being married.

Joy was very clear that she was looking forward to sex; she clearly talked about not staying long after the reception and she also mentioned that she wants to go camping and not sleep in separate hammocks/tents. I don't remember any comments from Austin.

I noticed that too. Yet another reason why I really like Joe and Kendra. Classy, positive, kind...and no self-righteous, preachy rants. Yet. ;) They seem to really love and respect each other as people, not just as a religiously sanctioned means to an end (sexitimes!!!!1!!1!).

I think there were a lot of Duggars in the wedding party simply because there are a lot of Duggars in general. Kendra only has one similar age sister. Her other siblings are a good deal younger. I can see Kendra now regarding all of Joe's sisters as her own and it being natural for her to include them.

1 hour ago, IamNIKE said:

ummm I THOUGHT that was Kendra's mom standing up with her. I've never seen anything like that....is that normal? Or some sort of weird "dad will be up there so mom has to be too" kind of thing?

It's unusual but not unheard of to have your mom (or dad) in your wedding party. Michael Keilen had her mom as her maid of honor.

6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

It's unusual but not unheard of to have your mom (or dad) in your wedding party. Michael Keilen had her mom as her maid of honor.

Michael Keilen having her mother as her maid of honor I thought was really sweet. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived