IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

On 10/23/2017 at 7:31 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

My BEC comments:

One bridesmaid on the left for photos didn't get the shoe memo. Black. Ugh.

Michelle's fugly clodhoppers with that dress. Ugh.

However, their totally staged talk with Joe: canned. But the words were okay.

I just got to watch so my observations:

The dresses (Joy looks very pregnant) are nice but the damned shoes!   Jill has some decent ballet slippers.   What the hell is it with the sandals with the toe pieces that are a step above flip flops?    Jana's chunky wedges wold work with her jean skirts.   Can't these people spring for a pair of decent beige or cream colored flats that they can wear for weddings.   

Can we please retire those layered dresses for the mothers and grandmothers?   (Is Grandma wearing one recycled from Mechelle?) 

Is Kendra's mom 

The men also favor brown shoes.   

Glad Boob had another suit to wear.   Mechelle's dress is pretty -but she needs shoes that are not so clunky.  You can find decent orthopedic shoes that are dressier.  

I did not like the guy jumping down from the ceiling with the rings.  Not in a church during a solemn ceremony.    

I'm very surprised that they allowed a "secular" song like Butterfly Kisses at a fundie wedding. 
That was SOME kiss! GO Joe and Kendra!

It was cool that the power went out are such a perfect time - right there at the end.  Made for a great shot with all the candles behind them.  

One of the nicer weddings they've done.   

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the flowered dress is Laura based entirely on seeing her elsewhere during that episode.  

On 10/24/2017 at 9:35 AM, JMO said:

-snip - It makes me wonder what Michelle says to the girls about being a wife since they have never shown either of them giving any wedding day advice to any of the 4 girls. 

What advice is there to give?  It would just be overridden by whatever the new headship wants/says anyways *serious sarcasm alert!*

My thoughts:
- I thought the letters to siblings was very sweet, too!

- when the men were getting dressed, and they first showed the socks on the tables, I thought the shapes on the pink socks were bats!  the fact that they turned out to be mustaches turned out to be kind of a let down haha.

- After getting dressed, and all the men were standing around for pictures - the first pic, with Josiah right behind Joe - Josiah had Michelle-level crazy eyes!  Like yikes, Josiah, you're usually more photogenic . . .and also, was the Kendra/Dracula descend down the stairs-dress reveal done before they got married?  So um, why was Joe crying so hard upon seeing her?  Or was it just a in the moment thing (I'll admit, I smiled at how moved Joe was - I hope he always loves her, and treats her with respect).

- The parent-Joe talk: honestly (save the KJV Bible quote inserts), if ever asked, I'd give very similar advice to newlyweds (and not to bother really following any one set of advice, because every relationship is different, and do what works for both of you!)

- Michelle's shoes: I! could! care! l-e-s-s!  I mean, she was wearing a long dress, she probably has some chronic pain is she's wearing those kind of shoes, most wedding pics are focused on the bride and groom.  I'll cut her slack (on this at least).

- the fact that Joe was willing to put on make up, and we didn't hear any "You're no longer a MAN!"-crap from anyone (at least it wasn't included in the final edit), was downright refreshing

- in fact, this whole wedding felt slightly different, and more relaxed.  I don't know if it was because it was a Duggar male, versus female, or it was because of the couple.  But I wish them well.  They do complement each other well <3  Joe seemed chilled/mellow, and even Kendra didn't seem nervous.  Depending on their social media, they might become my pet fundie couple.  Also, he was playing around, goofing, I believe him when he says he wasn't bothered by drop down ninja guy ~ heck, even I thought it was pretty funny.  Put me under the team that thinks they're living on one of the parcels of land of the 20 acre compound.

- Yes, that guy oversang the song, but at least he could sing . . . I cringe at how Jill R. would have handled it *shudder*

- Jana was/is as beautiful as always, and I hope her always hopping around to help everyone is truly just who she is, and isn't told she's horrible if she doesn't automatically jump in.

- "With this wing, I be wed" should be the next Joe&Kendra thread title . . . just saying :D

7 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

I! could! care! l-e-s-s!

Please don't hate me. The correct saying is "I couldn't care less." It really stuck out to me because of the emphasis you provided with the exclamation marks.between.the.words.

24 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

"With this wing, I be wed" should be the next Joe&Kendra thread title . . . just saying :D

I second this.  That was one of the funniest things.  Just reading it makes me lol.

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I second this.  That was one of the funniest things.  Just reading it makes me lol.

My husband was all nervous and said concentrated instead of consecrated at our wedding. I think we're still legally married ? :pb_lol:

Does anyone know how Joe injured his nose? I'm imagining him jumping up and down on his bed screaming, "I'm getting married! I'm getting married!" *thud* :pb_lol:

On 10/23/2017 at 10:00 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Not gonna lie, when that power went out right as Pastor Caldwell was to formally announce the bride and groom, I thought, "What mischief is Cindy up to now?" But alas, it was a citywide power outage.

I'm surprised no one shouted, "it's a sign!!!" So ominous. 

But this reminds me of a city-wide several day power outage when one of my friends got married. The synagogue was still without power the day before, so she wasn't able to get married there. I can't imagine the hell of calling every synagogue in he area to find out if they had power AND availability. Then calling the caterer and DJ in the off hours, and then every wedding guess to alert them to the change of venue. THAT is real wedding drama, not running out of gas.

On 10/23/2017 at 10:17 PM, JMO said:

I was telling someone the other day that this show is my Teen Mom. 

I don't know if I can watch that show anymore. The drama stops being entertaining once it's obvious the producers have a blatant disregard for human life and the well-being of children.

On 10/23/2017 at 11:36 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Well Joy, have fun livin' in the streets with ya husbaaaaaaand!

:laughing-rolling: You are now one of my favorite people. I see you Joyyyyy, off with ya husband havin' a la-di-da time!!!

Babs is a national treasure.

47 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Please don't hate me. The correct saying is "I couldn't care less." It really stuck out to me because of the emphasis you provided with the exclamation marks.between.the.words.

Lol!  No hate at all!  I'm usually pretty big on grammar ~ so I appreciate the correction ~ thanks :D

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Does anyone know how Joe injured his nose? I'm imagine him jumping up and down on his bed screaming, "I'm getting married! I'm getting married!" *thud* :pb_lol:

-snip-

They said it was because of broomball ~ Jana (I think) pointed out how maybe that wasn't the best game to play just before the wedding . . . I like you're suggestion better though :D

Still haven't watched the episode, but, two things:

1) Michelle's shoes get snarked on here every wedding and it's starting to really bother me. I love talking about fashion and don't think it's necessarily BEC to do so, but from what I've read here on FJ, it seems she may deal with physical problems and need better footwear as a result of being pregnant so much. For that possibility alone, cut her some freaking slack. Even if you know of a cuter brand of shoes, it's not the time or place for that sort of thing. We're hear to discuss the damage quiverfull/fundamentalist thought can do? Well... this might be an example of that.

2) I'm kind of surprised Anna was a bridesmaid. She's older than Kendra enough to be considered more like a role model than a peer. Are they actually close? If so, how do they talk about their partners? I want to picture Anna as a badass, experienced wife and mom who's been through the wringer and wants Kendra to know everything she didn't know when she was a young bride. I just don't know if that could be the case though.

8 hours ago, clueliss said:

I think the flowered dress is Laura based entirely on seeing her elsewhere during that episode.  

It looked like her to me, but I was already watching and screen-shotting the video at work and didn't want spend the time to go hunting for clips of Laura too! :pb_lol:

My first thought on why Anna was a bridesmaid, was because Joe had Josh as a groomsman and Anna was partnered with him as she is the only one they trust with him. 

^ that's a good point!  Like maybe, since they filmed all the paired off peeps walking down the aisle, it would be easier to lens flare* away just Josh - walking beside Anna, versus lens-flare(ing) "somebody" randomly walking beside another girl.  So after Joe picked Josh to be in his wedding party, Anna was just naturally assumed to go along with it?

*Though I don't know if y'all seen this, but on tumblr, people actually put the poop emoji over Josh's head.

2 hours ago, Justwatchin said:

My first thought on why Anna was a bridesmaid, was because Joe had Josh as a groomsman and Anna was partnered with him as she is the only one they trust with him. 

This is a good point. I was thinking that Kendra seems like someone who would have felt bad leaving Anna out since all the older Duggar sisters were included and they do seem to consider Anna to be a sister. But I can also definitely see them not wanting to make some other poor bridesmaid (or even one of the sisters, really) hold his nasty arm down the aisle.

11 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

What advice is there to give?  It would just be overridden by whatever the new headship wants/says anyways *serious sarcasm alert!*

Close your eyes and think of England.

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Does anyone know how Joe injured his nose? I'm imagining him jumping up and down on his bed screaming, "I'm getting married! I'm getting married!" *thud* :pb_lol:

They were playing broomball. :P 

50 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Close your eyes and think of England.      Jesus

I fixed that for you

Joe ugly-crying as Kendra came down the aisle was super sweet. He did come across as  very sweet, kind guy, so I hope he's good to her/they are good to each other.

Am I alone in find the kiss a bit Hays Code? I was suddenly put in mind of a long-ago relationship of mine - our coupley in-joke was to do a long, closed-mouth embracey kiss.

11 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Lol!  No hate at all!  I'm usually pretty big on grammar (snip). . . I like you're suggestion better though :D

My turn! Don't hate me either, but *your.  : )

Couldn't resist! ; )

38 minutes ago, coexist said:

My turn! Don't hate me either, but *your.  : )

Couldn't resist! ; )

I didn't even catch that!  Haha, that's what I get for writing at night, after a longggg day :P

Finally watched the wedding episode. My conspiracy theory is that a producer cut the power at the end so they could do a wide shot of the whole wedding party onstage with Joshley unseen/being shrouded in darkness :my_biggrin:

also, why are fundies just now starting to say "epic"? Are they still in like, 2008? 

12 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

Lol!  No hate at all!  I'm usually pretty big on grammar ~ so I appreciate the correction ~ thanks

They said it was because of broomball ~ Jana (I think) pointed out how maybe that wasn't the best game to play just before the wedding . . . I like you're suggestion better though

I like my idea better too. I think I'll stick with it. And I agree with Jana that playing broomball right before the wedding wasn't the best idea. If he's going to get injured playing a sport that involves brooms, the very least he could do is play quidditch. 

11 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Wait for it... @HarryPotterFan

:pb_lol:

IMG_20171026_002206.JPG

:pb_lol: Greatest line in reality TV history, hands down. 

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

:pb_lol: Greatest line in reality TV history, hands down. 

When TM2 was hilarious. Jenelle is the worst and best thing to ever happen to reality TV. 

I need to make a Joy meme with the iconic "that's why I got all these feathers in my hair" :pb_lol:

I don't want to tag everyone who said it but everywhere I read didn't list Josh as part of the wedding party.  I think Kendra just had Anna in the wedding party as a courtesy.  I'm pretty sure Josh was on kid duty in the audience.  

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

I don't want to tag everyone who said it but everywhere I read didn't list Josh as part of the wedding party.  I think Kendra just had Anna in the wedding party as a courtesy.  I'm pretty sure Josh was on kid duty in the audience.  

He was in the wedding party, but he is, he who shall not be mentioned. Like Voldemort, but with less soul.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived