IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

Once again, as I read the thread backwards (no idea why I choose to do this) I hope everyone is joking about Caldwell singing "Butterfly Kisses" but nope, apparently not. 

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

And I agree with Jana that playing broomball right before the wedding wasn't the best idea. If he's going to get injured playing a sport that involves brooms, the very least he could do is play quidditch. 

My husband isn't into clubs and drinking so his best man's idea for the bachelor party was for the guys to go riding ATVs. Which my husband had never done before. They wouldn't tell me what their plans were so I had no idea until after. Guess which about-to-get-married man managed to flip their ATV?? Thankfully he was somehow able to jump off before the thing flipped on top of him. I could have killed them both though. Honestly.

8 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Once again, as I read the thread backwards (no idea why I choose to do this) I hope everyone is joking about Caldwell singing "Butterfly Kisses" but nope, apparently not. 

Lol Pastor Caldwell didn't sing it! Someone else did while Joe and Kendra were praying with their parents.

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I don't want to tag everyone who said it but everywhere I read didn't list Josh as part of the wedding party.  I think Kendra just had Anna in the wedding party as a courtesy.  I'm pretty sure Josh was on kid duty in the audience.  

I don't have a poop emoji to use, but rest assured Jackass Duggar is lurking underneath that clown nose. Excuse the shoddy cellphone screenshot I took of their wedding album on the official family website. (Photo #5, if you're interested.)

20171026_135226.jpg

Edit, because two responses got merged into one:

Actually, I thought that photo was the wedding party but after a second look I see that Anna is notably absent. Guess it's just all the bio sibs? (I have no idea how many younger siblings Kendra has.) What are the odds that Smugs didn't participate after all but wore matching suit/shoes just to feel included and get to pose in pics? One can only hope...

8 minutes ago, coexist said:

I don't have a poop emoji to use, but rest assured Jackass Duggar is lurking underneath that clown nose. Excuse the shoddy cellphone screenshot I took of their wedding album on the official family website. (Photo #5, if you're interested.)

20171026_135226.jpg

What is weird is Smuggar is here but Anna is not.

16 minutes ago, coexist said:

20171026_135226.jpg

Edit, because two responses got merged into one:

Actually, I thought that photo was the wedding party but after a second look I see that Anna is notably absent. Guess it's just all the bio sibs? (I have no idea how many younger siblings Kendra has.) What are the odds that Smugs didn't participate after all but wore matching suit/shoes just to feel included and get to pose in pics? One can only hope...

WHich J'child is that barefoot front and center?  I just dont get it, for a family that is SOOOO serious about God and marriage, to be barefoot in a church just baffles me.

Also, yes.  No chance was smuggles just wearing the wedding uniform but not a part of it. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

WHich J'child is that barefoot front and center?  I just dont get it, for a family that is SOOOO serious about God and marriage, to be barefoot in a church just baffles me.

Also, yes.  No chance was smuggles just wearing the wedding uniform but not a part of it. 

I swear the Duggars are as anti-appropriate-footwear as they are anti-abortion.  

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My pastor preaches barefoot. She uses the passage with Moses and the burning bush, when God says, "Remove your sandals, you're standing on holy ground." Hopefully, this isn't the Duggars justification.

Based on the leggings and blue dress, I think it's Jordyn who's barefoot, right? I'm horrible at naming any of the littles these days. I skipped a few seasons of snark watching and can't recognize practically any of their faces anymore.

That is Jordyn.  They also have Jackson in a matching suit but he wasn't a part of the wedding party.  This appears to be a picture of the bride and groom with their siblings.  Therefore no Anna and no Mrs. Caldwell.  Jordyn and Josie were also not part of the wedding party. And I believe the toddler that doesn't match at all is the youngest Caldwell.  He wasn't in the wedding party either.  I'm still not buying that none of the articles or fan friendly blogs would miss Joshly as part of the wedding party. 

30 minutes ago, coexist said:

Based on the leggings and blue dress, I think it's Jordyn who's barefoot, right? I'm horrible at naming any of the littles these days. I skipped a few seasons of snark watching and can't recognize practically any of their faces anymore.

It is Jordyn. Of Jenni & Jordyn the forgotten children. That poor little girl doesn't look like she's ever seen a comb or a bathtub.  From Hannie on down those poor disheveled neglected little girls.  I realize it isn't Jana's responsibility, but someone in that family needs to step up and start looking after these kids, I'm betting their neglect borders on criminal.

Idle speculation bus here, but I've often wondered if TLC doesn't keep them on the air because they know just how deplorable it was before they came around.  TLC keeping them on TV is keeping those young kids fed and clothed. There is absolutely no good reason to keep this show on air, it makes NO money, it has lackluster ratings and generates no revenue They are either doing it because Gothard Co owns TLC or out of some sense of obligation to those young kids who would be even worse off if there were no cameras around.

Random thought on Joe & the makeup:

They are probably all so used to wearing makeup for the TV cameras, that a little makeup probably truly wasn't a big deal.  I can't fathom any other explanation that would have Duggars thinking makeup was ok for guys. :pearlclutching:

Photo of the wedding party (I believe from TLC’s website):

752FF99F-67BC-4099-A923-7B51909F3F5C.thumb.png.255bee8c86a010f4aac4f6953d177106.png

Notice anything off? Specifically, anything off in the area where Jill is standing?

The photo was cropped. Jill is clearly looking at someone and there’s an uneven number of Bridesmaids and Groomsmen shown on that side. I’d bet good money that Josh was standing there and that he was cropped out.

As for Anna, I thought we knew she was in the wedding. If she’s not pictured then it could simply be because of her kids or her pregnancy. She may have needed to step out.

35 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Idle speculation bus here, but I've often wondered if TLC doesn't keep them on the air because they know just how deplorable it was before they came around.  TLC keeping them on TV is keeping those young kids fed and clothed. There is absolutely no good reason to keep this show on air, it makes NO money, it has lackluster ratings and generates no revenue They are either doing it because Gothard Co owns TLC or out of some sense of obligation to those young kids who would be even worse off if there were no cameras around.

I have thought that for years.  TLC's presence protected those kids more than social services did (Joshy 1.0).  It probably kept the child abuse down to a minimum.  

8 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Photo of the wedding party (I believe from TLC’s website):

752FF99F-67BC-4099-A923-7B51909F3F5C.thumb.png.255bee8c86a010f4aac4f6953d177106.png

Notice anything off? Specifically, anything off in the area where Jill is standing?

The photo was cropped. Jill is clearly looking at someone and there’s an uneven number of Bridesmaids and Groomsmen shown on that side. I’d bet good money that Josh was standing there and that he was cropped out.

As for Anna, I thought we knew she was in the wedding. If she’s not pictured then it could simply be because of her kids or her pregnancy. She may have needed to step out.

I think Anna is in the cropped out portion with Josh. If you look at how it's framed, Kendra and Joe are way off centre. It looks like there must be more than one person cropped out of the picture. I'm guessing it went Jill, then Josh, then Anna, so it was easier to just crop both Josh and Anna out of the picture.

17 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

It looks like they also cropped out Trace Bates. Could that be who Jill is looking at?

Yeah, on second thought, maybe Anna wasn't in the wedding? She was about to give birth at that point, right?

22 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

It looks like they also cropped out Trace Bates. Could that be who Jill is looking at?

Could be? Wouldn't blame Jill if she was looking at Josh like that though.

Is Joy deliberately sticking her belly out??? Or is she having a big bubba?

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I respectfully disagree.  If TLC cared about people being taken care of they would have cut the big fancy trips and made donations to homeless shelters where kids have a lot less than the Duggar kids had.   They Duggars do not need anyone to keep them in make up and pickles at this point.  Boob is a millionaire.    He can share out the money he prostituted his kids for and they'd still be able to live well.   

6 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

When TM2 was hilarious. Jenelle is the worst and best thing to ever happen to reality TV. 

I need to make a Joy meme with the iconic "that's why I got all these feathers in my hair" :pb_lol:

I can't imagine Joy at a Ke$ha concert. That said, I'd pay to see that happen.

On Anna not being in the siblings photo: it doesn't appear any of the spouses are. 

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Probably... in that picture, there are 4 couples on the left of the bride&groom, and 2 couples + Jill on the right (not counting littles.) It's really unbalanced: Kendra and Joe aren't centred at all. Adding Trace, Anna, Josh on the right would make a symmetrical left/right setup with 4 couples on each side. Putting those three all together makes it easier to crop. I'd love to see the unedited version!

Joy looks like she's seriously arching her back plus the pull the dress tighter to cradle, I mean accent, the bump pose.

2 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I'd love to see the unedited version!

I could swear that I saw the uncropped version on one of these threads, but danged if I can remember which one. Maybe I'll look later if I get a minute.

On 10/24/2017 at 6:30 PM, VineHeart137 said:

It's unusual but not unheard of to have your mom (or dad) in your wedding party. Michael Keilen had her mom as her maid of honor.

My husband stood in my son's (his stepson's) wedding. So did our daughter.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived