IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

Thanks, nst, for taking one for the team and recapping! Or, since it's the Duggars, would that be recrapping?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pamplemousse said:

Thanks, nst, for taking one for the team and recapping! Or, since it's the Duggars, would that be recrapping?

I took it for the team and counted only one precious :D 

6 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

Butterfly Kisses?? Oh, for the love of Rufus...I fucking hate that song!!

BUTTERfly kiiiisses! After bedtiiime PRAaaAYers! Stickin' liiiiiiitle white flowwwwwers ALLLL up in herrrrrr haaaaaaaiiiirrrr!

:my_sick:

I used to listen to the soft rock radio station when I was trying to fall asleep as a kid. This was around the time Butterfly Kisses came out, so it got played over and over again. Even as a ten-year-old I couldn't stand it.

1 minute ago, lale2904 said:

That's it?! No coming up next or anything? Perhaps it IS getting cancelled...

I noticed that too. very confused! any news on if they did actually get renewed for a new season?

1 minute ago, seashell1025 said:

I noticed that too. very confused! any news on if they did actually get renewed for a new season?

I feel like they would have had to say SOMETHING. It's not all going to end just like that. Very confusing indeed.

6 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Not gonna lie, when that power went out right as Pastor Caldwell was to formally announce the bride and groom, I thought, "What mischief is Cindy up to now?" But alas, it was a citywide power outage.

In my best Jill Duggar voice, "Yes! Totally!"

What got to me most was seeing Kendra so choked up about leaving her parents. She’s only 19, I wouldn’t have been ok leaving my parents forever at that age, no matter how much I wanted to have all the sex. You could see how difficult it was for her to say goodbye to them. She’s still a child, she should be crying leaving them at her college dorm, but knowing she always has a place there for her during the summers and after she graduates- not getting married and popping out little Duggar babies. 

TLC and MTV are trying to figure out how to merge "teenage and pregnant" ... Joy..and probably Kendra soon. 

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

BUTTERfly kiiiisses! After bedtiiime PRAaaAYers! Stickin' liiiiiiitle white flowwwwwers ALLLL up in herrrrrr haaaaaaaiiiirrrr!

:my_sick:

I used to listen to the soft rock radio station when I was trying to fall asleep as a kid. This was around the time Butterfly Kisses came out, so it got played over and over again. Even as a ten-year-old I couldn't stand it.

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't tried to oversing it. There is no reason to belt that song, ever. 

I’m pretty sure one of the boys put the light up crown Josie wore in Jingers wedding on top of that giant cross in the sanctuary before standing it all the way up. I about died laughing. 

Also Meechelle with her “we prayed for this moment ever since we found out we were expecting a boy”...  uh. what?!

3 minutes ago, twoanddone said:

TLC and MTV are trying to figure out how to merge "teenage and pregnant" ... Joy..and probably Kendra soon. 

I was telling someone the other day that this show is my Teen Mom. 

They're coming back. We saw them with the filming crew in Greece. 

As for the Samuel birth, I think the Dullards are playing shady with us after all the criticism they got after botching Izzy's birth. The fewer Dullards on this trainwreck, the better. 

Is it bad that part of me hopes they don't cancel counting on because I enjoy the weekly snark recaps and all the laughs that come with it? 

17 minutes ago, amers said:

So will there be no Samuel birth? How can these people just leave that out completely? 

Joe's wedding episode was just a first look.  The show actually left off with Joy's wedding.  I think next season they will show Joy's honeymoon and the run-up to Joe's wedding with Samuel's birth somewhere in there. At the very least he'll get a mention even if they don't do a special episode.

So last weeks episode was episode 6 of the series and this episode was episode 13.  So what happened to episodes 7-12?  Could it be that TLC is done with them?  Are they going to move more to periodic specials vs. a weekly series? 

Something has clearly happened with this season.  Either ratings were tanking, or they weren't successful at getting advertising, or, is there another scandal brewing and TLC saw a chance to get out from under? 

I wonder if the other episodes were Dillard heavy, and with Derick's growing unpopularity, they opted to just cut those episodes? 

I hope it is done.  Partly because it is time.  Even without the scandals, the show is tired and they (TLC and the Duggar Brand) lack the courage to make it actually interesting.  They could have truly made a thought provoking show but they were cowardly and stuck with a formula that has a shelf life.  

I hope it is done because I want the next gen of duggars to grow up away from the spotlight. I do worry that in someways being on TV may have protected them from some of the worst parts of Gothardism, but at the same time, I don't think reality TV is healthy for kids. 

I hope that it is done, and the remaining original Duggar kids will have privacy and time to heal from having their privacy invaded for most of their lives.  I hope that without the lure of easy money from the show, the Duggar kids will have to expand their worlds, earn a living and stand on their own.  If they do this, they may have success at breaking the harmful hold of patriarchy, and gothardism. 

Thanks for the recap @nst.  

I didn't see the whole episode, I came in when Joe was walking DQ down the aisle to seat her.    DQ gave him a better hug than she has ever given any of her own daughters.  

When Pastor Caldwell gave his little speech before handing Kendra over to Joe, I could just see Boob thinking that he had been showed up.  (And wishing he had thought of doing a funny speech when giving his daughters away.  But then he remembers he still has five to go and writes himself a note to do a funny speech before he gives them away.  )  

Kendra's giggling was so distracting.  Can't believe she smeared her bite of cake into Joe's face.  I assumed that was a huge fundy no-no. 

One thing I did respect was when Joe admitted how long he had been waiting for his first kiss.  He wasn't smug about it.  Showed a really human side.  

26 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Is it bad that part of me hopes they don't cancel counting on because I enjoy the weekly snark recaps and all the laughs that come with it? 

Having tried to watch this on DVR — but having given up after 5 minutes of FF’ing —, I would answer, dear @Firebird: yes.

Yes, it IS bad that part of you hopes they don’t cancel.  

Because, in the words of a great old country-western song by the Oak Ridge Boys, “Sometimes the pleasure [snarky humor] ain’t worth the strain [of knowing the Duggars’ disgusting depraved life style continues to be rewarded].”

But them’s just the words of a bitter old insect, so don’t take it to heart. ;-)

(The song from which those lyrics come is a humdinger called “Tryin’  to Love 2 Women [Is Like a Ball and Chain] 

“Trying to love two women is like a ball and chain. 
Trying to love two women is like a ball and chain. 
Sometimes the pleasure ain't worth the strain. 
It's a long old grind, and it tires your mind....”

Also ERA thanks! to @nst! I normally just read recaps. Tonight I realized I could never write one! I don’t have the patience necessary to keep from flinging things at the screen in aggravation! 

9 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Thanks for the recap @nst.  

One thing I did respect was when Joe admitted how long he had been waiting for his first kiss.  He wasn't smug about it.  Showed a really human side.  

I honestly think Joe is a sweet kid.  He has always seemed kindhearted and gentle.   Since it is now a done deal, I wish them the best, and I hope, that perhaps mother nature or the Goddess of fertility slows it down a bit, and gives these kids a good 6 months before getting pregnant.  I would wish for longer, but it seems unlikely.

Thanks @nst 

Weird that the power went out. 

Joe is a nice young man. I wish them happiness and no suffering for Kendra. 

Joe sells cars, right? And it seem they will be living near the TTH.

We think.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived