IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

@nst thanks for the recap! Thoughts... Miss Cindy saying pee-OH-knees. I've always heard it as PEE-uhn-nees. Huh. Maybe a regional accent thing. The cross. Liked the greens on it but the light-up halo. No.  and I really didn't like the candlesticks, the color was drab and they were so heavy and 1970's looking. clear vases or votives would've looked nice with all the greenery. But that's just my own taste. Michelle- while she sounds like she took one too many zanax, her hair and make up looked really nice. And I would never fault her for her footwear. Double arthritis in both knees and I live in 2 pair of fugly-ass shoes. The boob. Blech. Just blech. In the sweet name of Rufus, do we really need a whole other season to slow-motion that wedding and all that the same old prep entails? Please no. And lastly-

Kendra's giggle. I think I figured it out- when she was little, she swallowed her tickle me elmo doll.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, singsingsing said:

BUTTERfly kiiiisses! After bedtiiime PRAaaAYers! Stickin' liiiiiiitle white flowwwwwers ALLLL up in herrrrrr haaaaaaaiiiirrrr!

:my_sick:

I used to listen to the soft rock radio station when I was trying to fall asleep as a kid. This was around the time Butterfly Kisses came out, so it got played over and over again. Even as a ten-year-old I couldn't stand it.

I hate this song too! It instantly makes me depressed and gives me a nauseated pit in my stomach whenever I hear it. 

45 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

@nst And lastly-

Kendra's giggle. I think I figured it out- when she was little, she swallowed her tickle me elmo doll.

Please, a Godly woman like Kendra would never have owned a toy that was such an obvious instrument of Satan. Tickle-Me-Elmo doesn't belong in a Christian home. 

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1106/elmo.html

Spoiler

This is complete and utter satire, but I couldn't help myself. It's just too damn funny. 

It’s good they had all those candles on stage for when the power went out. Poor Kendra, I’m sure she thought it was yet another duggar prank. The rappel, the flower drop immediately before their high pressure-nationally-televised first kiss, then a power outage?! FFS. poor girl

Its VERY interesting Mz Renee didn’t make an appearance. I don’t think that was one of her dresses if JANA was the one fixing it last minute. In joy’s wedding Renee was in every f-ing camera shot, especially right before she walked down the aisle. To be fair, three weddings in under 12 months is a ton and I can’t imagine it’s making that much money for her little shop. Or maybe Kendra had a dress in mind already? We can dream.

Im super curious where they’ll be staying. IIRC Joe hasn’t purchased a house in his name as far as we know. There were a couple mentions of them being nearby.

41 minutes ago, physicalscience said:

It’s good they had all those candles on stage for when the power went out. Poor Kendra, I’m sure she thought it was yet another duggar prank. The rappel, the flower drop immediately before their high pressure-nationally-televised first kiss, then a power outage?! FFS. poor girl

Its VERY interesting Mz Renee didn’t make an appearance. I don’t think that was one of her dresses if JANA was the one fixing it last minute. In joy’s wedding Renee was in every f-ing camera shot, especially right before she walked down the aisle. To be fair, three weddings in under 12 months is a ton and I can’t imagine it’s making that much money for her little shop. Or maybe Kendra had a dress in mind already? We can dream.

Im super curious where they’ll be staying. IIRC Joe hasn’t purchased a house in his name as far as we know. There were a couple mentions of them being nearby.

It’s definitely a Miss Renee dress. The Duggars plus Kendra were spotted going to Kentucky a couple times. 

But the real giveaway is probably the fact that Kendra in her dress is currently the FB profile pic for her shop :my_angel:

The way I interpreted the iron on ruffle snafu was Ms Renée did the dress and then Kendra and her family took it upon themselves to iron on the ruffle once they had it. That's how I viewed it. Now I'm defending Ms. Renée, Rufus help me!

In the years of fundies on reality TV I've watched 19 year old Alyssa Bates and Joy Duggar wed but my oh my Kendra seems years younger than them. The way she speaks, giggles, calls her parents mommy and daddy, it all just adds up to a young girl who could definitely use a few years to grow up and learn who she is as a person.

It honestly made me sad. 

ETA: And yes I realize they're all raised under the same fundie umbrella and all stunted from that but Kendra just carries herself like the teenager that she is. 

2 hours ago, physicalscience said:

<snip>

<snip>

She was there.

The scene right after the guys do photos (after a commercial break if you watch on demand) - right before the scene with the "first look" with Kenra's dad.

Renee brings the dress to her, etc. And you see her helping Kendra as she walks out the door to her dad.

She's also seen standing basically behind Kendra as she gives her dad the frame

Oh god, I'm not drunk enough for this dopey ass wedding. I had to mute several times because my cold dead heart can't handle the sap played up for tv.

What in the actual heck is going on here? Didn't they already air the wedding in a special episode? Is it airing again? Is it more footage or the same footage just re-edited?

Didn't Joy's wedding basically air twice as well?

Do we ever get anything new from these people?

2 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

I hate this song too! It instantly makes me depressed and gives me a nauseated pit in my stomach whenever I hear it. 

I am a figure skating coach and as such I have been asked to judge at basic skills competitions over the years. A few years after "Butterfly Kisses" was all the rage I was judging an event and this little girl was skating to that dastardly piece of "music". I am not ashamed to admit that I did not place her highly against her competitors, and that song had a lot to do with it. 

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

The way I interpreted the iron on ruffle snafu was Ms Renée did the dress and then Kendra and her family took it upon themselves to iron on the ruffle once they had it. That's how I viewed it. Now I'm defending Ms. Renée, Rufus help me!

I took it as the ruffle was such a BIG piece material of the gown, that they put it on semi-permanently so that it could have been removed and used for Lauren's dress someday as well. But it just did not hold up that well and needed to be sewn on.

They didn't get just a snippet of netting tied with twine (still not sure why Michelle needed to use the sewing machine) like Michelle supposedly gave to Jessa on her wedding day. Come to think of it, we never did see the "presentation of that lovely gift, did we? Nor did I see it tucked in the bouquet.... hmmmm.

7 hours ago, emscm said:

Does anyone else think it's strange how over represented the Duggar side of the family is in the wedding party, especially on the bride's side?  I counted 8/12 bridesmaids as Duggars.  

Is she really that close with all the women in the family?  Was she instructed to have them visible for the cameras?  Is she not close enough with any other women that she would want by her side on her day?  

I have so many questions.

I think it is pretty normal to include your fiancé's family in a bridal family. But yeah if TLC if footing the bill or even part of the bill their stars must be front and center.

Being  fundy, she is so over sheltered maybe she really doesn't have close friends outside of her family so it didn't matter to her as long as Lauren and her mom were there. . Anna seamed a stretch though, but maybe they are close. We haven't seen Anna in a long time. 

Having her mom as a bridesmaid is weird to me. I am glad she had her siblings as the flower girls and ring bearer and not the precious miracle. 

Looking back now, I'm sure Boob gave Josh that bogus wedding-night-Lego sex talk not for him, but for US. The cameras were there just to present  Josh as so innocent and ignorant. Why else would ANYONE make that public? That was unnecessary, staged and phony and now we know why.  We've never ever seen them give anyone else one word of advice/preparation for the big wedding night. Just more fake front to advance their brand and we were all oblivious.

I loved Kendra’s “this was the best kiss ever” right after her, you know, FIRST kiss ever. Poor lamb. 

Kendra didn't vow to "obey" Joe, which struck me as odd in a fundie wedding. I can't remember if the other sisters used the phrase or not, but we're looking at vows now so I'm quite curious. It's been phased out of usage, but my fundie light cousins have all kept the phrase in.

Woops thanks for the correction that it WAS a Ms Renee dress.  I'm pleased she was so much less showcased in this particular episode at least!

10 minutes ago, physicalscience said:

Woops thanks for the correction that it WAS a Ms Renee dress.  I'm pleased she was so much less showcased in this particular episode at least!

I'm sure we'll see more of her next season.  They have to make a 2 hour special out of this crap!

36 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'm sure we'll see more of her next season.  They have to make a 2 hour special out of this crap!

Yuck and don't forget a whole episode with her cooing over dresses and asking "Is this the Kendra?" Rufus Bless! 

10 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

What in the actual heck is going on here? Didn't they already air the wedding in a special episode? Is it airing again? Is it more footage or the same footage just re-edited?

Didn't Joy's wedding basically air twice as well?

Do we ever get anything new from these people?

They didn’t technically air it but they did put a 20 min version on the tlc app. They’ll probably air a 2 hr special later so we’ll get to see it 3 times :56247953c05d2_32(6):

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Then I will send you on a free trip to Whistler :D for your recap 

because Kendra GRATED ON my nerves 

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think there were a lot of Duggars in the wedding party simply because there are a lot of Duggars in general. Kendra only has one similar age sister. Her other siblings are a good deal younger. I can see Kendra now regarding all of Joe's sisters as her own and it being natural for her to include them.

I really hope it is the case that she just feels as close as sisters to them. There really are so many of them, I guess I just found it odd that she decided to include them ALL, including Anna, instead of selecting just those who she really was close with. The only ones left out were Jordyn and Josie right?

16 hours ago, physicalscience said:

Jana wasn't actually the only one fixing the hem. There's footage of four people working on it at various points, since they did it in two stages. In the first batch, there are two women in flowered dresses using the sewing machine, after the bridesmaids were dressed, so I don't think either of them was Jana. There's also footage with Jana and Joy, and then Jana alone. Kendra, in her TH, said "Jana and some other friends helped sew it back on while it was still on me." Apparently Jana brought the sewing machine. There is NO footage of "Mz Renee" working on fixing it, though, and she didn't bring a sewing machine.

Pics under the spoiler.

Spoiler

Front Hemming.JPGJana and Joy Hemming 2.JPG59f0c8308ff53_JanaHemming.thumb.JPG.16e397ca0bc8495d7c15defe9d45435e.JPG59f0cb16b872e_JanaHemmingBack.thumb.JPG.3f2b3aaf06acccca3b9ecdcabeb175ed.JPG

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived