IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I need to make a Joy meme with the iconic "that's why I got all these feathers in my hair" :pb_lol:

My partner and I constantly quote that line as a response to any question we ask one another. Ex: Are you going to the store? -Yes! That's why I got all these feathers in my hair.

Are we fighting? - Yes! That's why I got all these feathers in my hair.

Did you schedule that gyno appointment? - Yes! That's why I got all these feathers in my hair.

Never a dull moment at our house.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

WHich J'child is that barefoot front and center?  I just dont get it, for a family that is SOOOO serious about God and marriage, to be barefoot in a church just baffles me.

Also, yes.  No chance was smuggles just wearing the wedding uniform but not a part of it. 

That is Jordyn I believe. I don't understand the hate on bare feet. In many religions Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Mormon just to name a few Removing your shoes in sacred places is a sign of respect and often required. Sometimes that involve slippers but not always. Besides she is a little girl. Most little kids I know take shoes off anytime they can. 

I am probably the minority here based on what I have read here but, barefoot is comfortable not sinful or gross. 

I think Josh being in the wedding party is strange because on the first episode after the scandal Joe was visibly the most upset with what Josh had done. And how much Anna was hurt. So why would he want Josh to stand up with him on the day he marries. I really doubt that was his idea. 

2 hours ago, ATimetoDance said:

So why would he want Josh to stand up with him on the day he marries. I really doubt that was his idea. 

Duggars are big on rewarding disgusting behaviour with special privileges in the hopes that being special will elevate you above being an asshole forgiveness.

10 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I respectfully disagree.  If TLC cared about people being taken care of they would have cut the big fancy trips and made donations to homeless shelters where kids have a lot less than the Duggar kids had.   They Duggars do not need anyone to keep them in make up and pickles at this point.  Boob is a millionaire.    He can share out the money he prostituted his kids for and they'd still be able to live well.   

If i may cut in, I think what @allthegoodnamesrgone meant (and correct me if I'm wrong), it's not that the show brings in money for the Duggars that are keeping them clothed and well-fed, but that fact that since the cameras are there they have to make sure the kids look presentable and are being well-treated. If the cameras weren't there I'm sure Meechelle and Boob's (lack of) parenting would be even worse.

4 hours ago, ATimetoDance said:

I am probably the minority here based on what I have read here but, barefoot is comfortable not sinful or gross. 

Being barefoot is fine most of the time, but this was a formal wedding that took place in a house of worship where most people do not remove their shoes. IMO, that's grounds for leaving shoes on.

Also, total BEC thing here, but would it kill the Duggar women to buy some nice taupe flats that would look so much nicer with those pretty bridesmaid dresses instead of wearing those gladiator sandals/flip flops with everything, regardless of whether or not they match or fit the theme of the dress? This irks me immensely. I don't expect stiletto heels or sky-high wedges (though Jinge, hook a girl up with the ones you wear), but it's not that much effort or expense to make your outfit look halfway cohesive and like you actually care about the formality of the event.

13 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Boob is a millionaire.    He can share out the money he prostituted his kids for and they'd still be able to live well.   

You're putting a lot of faith into the idea that he would give out that money in the first place, much less evenly :pb_sad:  I think they would go back to the "leave and cleave buddy."

Him and Gil Bates always rubbed me wrong for their money issues.  I don't begrudge them for trying to get the best deals they can (until it goes into grifting territory of course).  And who knows for sure, but I feel like if someone tried pulling the same grifting on them, they'd slam the door in their face :S

18 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Lol Pastor Caldwell didn't sing it! Someone else did while Joe and Kendra were praying with their parents.

That's slightly better but not really. :pb_lol: 

15 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Is Joy deliberately sticking her belly out??? Or is she having a big bubba?

Joy is clearly following Jill's "see I'm pregnant therefore favored by jebus" behavior.  If it were my wedding I'd totally want to look back and remember my sister trying to draw attention to herself in all my pictures!

4 hours ago, Icea said:

If i may cut in, I think what @allthegoodnamesrgone meant (and correct me if I'm wrong), it's not that the show brings in money for the Duggars that are keeping them clothed and well-fed, but that fact that since the cameras are there they have to make sure the kids look presentable and are being well-treated. If the cameras weren't there I'm sure Meechelle and Boob's (lack of) parenting would be even worse.

Exactly, They are being supervised by SOMEONE. Boob has money now, yes he still gets a small check from TLC but the fact that the kids are being watched by people outside the cult, means they have to have someone looking after them to feed them and give them a minimal education.  

No snark from this corner on Joy cradling her bump or sticking it out. When I was expecting I found my hand rested there more often than not and preferred to accentuate it in photos, because I didn't want to look like I'd let myself go. I hadn't, it was mainly bloat, but your body is changing and you're excited. 

I could be projecting on Joy, I lost my little one and love the few photos I have where I was feeling fat and showy, cupping my hibachi or burrito belly trying to offset the fact my chest had grown overnight. 

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

would it kill the Duggar women to buy some nice taupe flats that would look so much nicer with those pretty bridesmaid dresses instead of wearing those gladiator sandals/flip flops with everything, regardless of whether or not they match or fit the theme of the dress?

Ah. You're forgetting the shoe-pile. I think Boob buys truckloads of Goodwill-reject shoes and just throws them on the pile. The girls are at the mercy of others' generosity and Boob's tightwadiness.

1 hour ago, cascarones said:

No snark from this corner on Joy cradling her bump or sticking it out. When I was expecting I found my hand rested there more often than not and preferred to accentuate it in photos, because I didn't want to look like I'd let myself go. I hadn't, it was mainly bloat, but your body is changing and you're excited. 

I could be projecting on Joy, I lost my little one and love the few photos I have where I was feeling fat and showy, cupping my hibachi or burrito belly trying to offset the fact my chest had grown overnight. 

I didn’t take many body photos during my second pregnancy because I was scared I’d miscarry again and have a ton of photos to remind me. The ones I do have usually show my hand on or close to my belly and I remember placing them there A LOT to feel reassured that she was ok. It’s a very natural pose for a lot of pregnant women and it seems Joy is among them. 

(Not directed at you)

As for Jill, she was well into her second trimester when Jessa got married. There were photos where the belly was very prominent, but those were only a few and tended to be ones where they were either goofing around or she was placed near people in dark colors - and given how unflattering (on everyone) and bright the dress color was, she really couldn’t help but stand out. A few examples:

1376B33D-4B50-4DD1-AF5F-2C8C660A7534.thumb.jpeg.ca6803d4bce8950c9624f1969c797d60.jpeg

Goofing with Jessa. Arching her back makes the belly more prominent. And before anyone says anything - I have photos like this from my wedding and my sister’s wedding. We’re goofy and silly people and we both wanted a few formal photos that reflected that. A lot of people do, so I don’t see anything weird or wrong about this photo.

Spoiler

A9DF6EBA-BFA9-49AE-B4DA-9E473BF4A65D.jpeg.2b4bd72dada222ba518a9f542647dfa3.jpeg

Jill, second from right, blending in very well. 

Spoiler

BB3EDAC2-F677-4098-AD90-2686FA9932C4.jpeg.c35bf0a91d19b7164929ec5d9c2bb303.jpeg

Formal couples’ shot where her hand is placed near her belly and she’s flanked by her husband and BIL, both in dark colors. 

Spoiler

D12F2DBF-1921-4F34-A360-058312141F62.thumb.png.0babf4076c37ba7d5ab430f10091e8d6.png

Third from left. Another shot where she blends in nicely. 

Spoiler

D715C2C1-F0CF-47D3-BF85-377220FAB9C8.jpeg.9ab406b66d2132337a4709cfd9e75e70.jpeg

Another goofy photo. And due to everyone’s poses and positions, Jill ends up being one of the first people you see - she’s surrounded by a lot of dark colors and a good portion of her bright dress is visible. You barely see anything of Joy’s dress and the other two (Jinger and Jana) are standing besides each other, meaning neither dresses stand out as much as Jill's does. 

Spoiler

F4CECF73-2100-4B78-BF84-3A1C202BD600.thumb.jpeg.98340140c01b9c89e6fc57bd93f79c05.jpeg

Jill posing a bit awkwardly because of the bouquet, the belly, and Derick. Her dress color makes her pop, but her belly really isn’t that big or obvious here. It’s just a slightly awkward pose and would have looked more natural if she didn’t have to hold her bouquet.

ETA: I’ve officially spent way too much time on this. We literally just had a multi page debate about Joy’s bump size, so after this I’m sitting this one out. It’s going to be the same exact arguments over and over again and I just don’t have the patience or energy for this. :pb_lol:

Its also possible that Joy had been feeling self conscious about her changing her body. She may have been worried that if she didn't accentuate her bump that she would just look like she had put on a few pounds. I know I have decided not to wear a certain blouse or dress because I felt it made me look heavier instead of pregnant. 

That definitely looks like Michelle's dress with the modesty panel. It does seem a little defrauding in the boobs.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Joy is clearly following Jill's "see I'm pregnant therefore favored by jebus" behavior.  If it were my wedding I'd totally want to look back and remember my sister trying to draw attention to herself in all my pictures!

In Jill & Joy's defense a LOT of pregnant women do the LOOK AT MAH BELLY when taking pictures, formal or otherwise, with their 1st baby.  I only saw 1 pic of Joy doing this pose in Kendra's wedding pics, and the ones Jill was doing it in Jessa's were silly pics. Jessa didn't do that in Jinger's pics but it was her 2nd kid. I don't think it is any different than Jessa's hand on her belly in EVERY PHOTO she took when preggo with Spurge.  You just had a baby you know that your hands almost instinctively go to your tummy while pregnant, I know mine did, I loved that feeling of them kicking, plus as you get further a long it makes for a hand arm rest. :)

The only one I found annoying was the group pic where Joy was clearly holding on to her belly on the underside of it thus emphasizing her huge bump. It wasn't a mindless resting on belly sort of move, but deliberately holding the fabric of the dress tightly against the underside for no reason other than to show it off. It's annoying but I find so many things about these people annoying that it's probably low on my overall list of grievances.

4 hours ago, Heedless Hostess said:

Boob's first boobs. (Wow, Grandma Mary!)

grandma.jpg

Madonna, eat your heart out!  (Didn't cone boobs go out in the 1950's?)  

And again with the layered ruffles. 

On 26/10/2017 at 5:41 AM, VineHeart137 said:

This is a good point. I was thinking that Kendra seems like someone who would have felt bad leaving Anna out since all the older Duggar sisters were included and they do seem to consider Anna to be a sister. But I can also definitely see them not wanting to make some other poor bridesmaid (or even one of the sisters, really) hold his nasty arm down the aisle.

I think you and @Justwatchin are probably right. I remembered seeing a photo somewhere with their names, so I checked, and there is a photo in Joe & Kendra's wedding photos on the family site that shows Anna and Smugs name partly. Looks to be (I like to think) they're the last bridesmaid & groomsmen coupled since their names are listed before the flower girl & ring bearers. (I'm still learning or else I'd share the photo, Sorry!)

39 minutes ago, DillPicklePopcorn said:

I think you and @Justwatchin are probably right. I remembered seeing a photo somewhere with their names, so I checked, and there is a photo in Joe & Kendra's wedding photos on the family site that shows Anna and Smugs name partly. Looks to be (I like to think) they're the last bridesmaid & groomsmen coupled since their names are listed before the flower girl & ring bearers. (I'm still learning or else I'd share the photo, Sorry!)

Here you go!

9AB5DE4A-9AFA-44AC-8867-450374BB3B0F.jpeg.79eabf75dec9c3f4af94324150807438.jpeg

10 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

The only one I found annoying was the group pic where Joy was clearly holding on to her belly on the underside of it thus emphasizing her huge bump. It wasn't a mindless resting on belly sort of move, but deliberately holding the fabric of the dress tightly against the underside for no reason other than to show it off. It's annoying but I find so many things about these people annoying that it's probably low on my overall list of grievances.

This was what irritated me too. You explained it better than I could!

On 10/26/2017 at 4:41 AM, VineHeart137 said:

This is a good point. I was thinking that Kendra seems like someone who would have felt bad leaving Anna out since all the older Duggar sisters were included and they do seem to consider Anna to be a sister.

I think Anna was included simply because only her and now Kendra are Duggar SILs. Anna was very excited that another woman was marrying into the Duggar family so she'd have someone to share the misery experience with.

On 10/26/2017 at 3:05 PM, MoonFace said:

Boob is a millionaire. He can share out the money he prostituted his kids for and they'd still be able to live well.

Hrm, I know we talk a lot here about how much money the kids have vs how much JB has and how it seems like he controls the purse strings, but I'm wondering now if some of the 19KAC money was put into a trust in each of the kids names, according to how often each appeared on the show. Don't other reality TV shows do this when minors are featured? That might explain why a lot of the married people (and their spouses) aren't "job type people".

13 hours ago, Heedless Hostess said:

Boob's first boobs. (Wow, Grandma Mary!)

grandma.jpg

The style is virtually the same as the dress Michelle (and Kelly Bates) wore for their children's weddings, but their dresses were a periwinkle/gray/bluish shade. This is clearly an ivory or light pink shade. It's really uncanny, because the modified neckline is very similar to Michelle's as well. But I really think it's a different dress. 

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived