IGNORED

Counting On - Season 4, part 4 - Where Time Isn't Linear and Everyone Is a Relative

Buzzard

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I've defended Michelle's orthopedic shoes before but she needed to find a better pair, if only for a few hours. There are plenty of comfy supportive flats out there.

She is just lazy and cheap. I developed a bit of arthritis in my right upper foot and my Podiatrist said if the meds don’t work we can talk about an orthotic that I can wear in several shoes. She could wear other shoes even for just a short while.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JMO said:

I was telling someone the other day that this show is my Teen Mom. 

Well Joy, have fun livin' in the streets with ya husbaaaaaaand!

Very bad editing, They had six weeks to put this together.  Most of that was probably spent trying to make sure Josh and Trace Bates were not in any shots. I hate that they show the weddings twice anyway. They should just wait. 

Joseph writing those notes for his siblings. What a sweet guy. That was really one of the sweetest things I have every seen any Duggars do. 

I loved the backdrop on the stage with all the candles. I think Cindy did a beautiful job with the wedding, especially with the bouquets last minute. It looked like a much smaller wedding. Anyone know how big the guest list was?  

Joes hair was BBBAAADDD. He can't do anything about his hairline but the curl in the middle of his forehead, NO.  Why hide Joe's nose bump. Years from now it will be a funny part of their story. 

Jana is Supergirl, saving everything. 

Kendra looked beautiful. Why a first look with her Dad? That was odd. Isn't something you do with the groom. I like her parents, as far as fundies go anyway. I likes his speech before he gave her away. I should have been done at the rehearsal dinner though. Instead of drawing attention away from the couple on their day. 

I think the couple actually liked Siah's joke. The editing didn't show it very well. I hope we see what really happened in the redundant stupid second airing. I noticed well placed bouquets trying to hide baby bumped and lack there off. There was one shot that made me wonder about Jessa, plus you heard Jessa talking in a lot of places but didn't see her much.  Jinger and Jana were the main THs because bumps didn't need to be hidden. 

JB (so awful.) wIth daughters  it is crushing to give them away with his son it is just wonderful. I know there is this double standard but does he not like his boys. he won't miss Joseph at all. 

I think it will be a decent episode seven months from now, except for it being a repeat. 

1 hour ago, Firebird said:

The boys pray that kendra gets pregnant right away??? That skeeves me out a bit. Even the boys are obsessed with the blessing count down... yikes.

NST was being snarky.  What Jed actually said was that JB had told him that they should pray for Joe but he thinks that they should pray for Kendra for having to deal with him.  Noone mentioned anything about fertility, lol.

The dads speech at the beginning of the ceremony was unoriginal anc awkward.  Seen it done so many times before.  Also Kendras giggle is annoying as f!

2 hours ago, lale2904 said:

That's it?! No coming up next or anything? Perhaps it IS getting cancelled...

I would bet money it's cancelled.  Definitely explains Derick's behavior.  He doesn't give a f*k cause his TLC check is stopping.  

@TXGirlInAMaterialWorld Is that on NPR or like a local radio show? I'm really wanting to listen to it!

Also it low key looked like he was trying to suck her face? But i wasn't sure if it was because of the angle? Also is Kendra that tan or are we assuming it's spray tan I realized I never like paid attention.

18 minutes ago, FeministFunPolice said:

Why are they trying to make sure that Trace Bates wasn't in any shots? 

He is on a competing TV show. 

Just now, ATimetoDance said:

*face palm* Probably should have been able to work that out on my own. 

WHAT have these people got against decent shoes???? You have a once-in-a-lifetime wedding that you plan for for months and broadcast on TELEVISION.  There are websites all over where you could buy a dozen pairs of matching cheap ballet flats or jellies or SOMETHING. 

Kendra's dad's attention-hogging bridal giveaway was gross.

"Where's the ring? Who has the ring?" is the oldest, tiredest cleeeshay gag of all time. Yawn

All that said, they are a very sweet little  well-matched innocent couple. I think he will be good to her.

2 minutes ago, ATimetoDance said:

It might not have been Trace though. I sort of remember one f the bates as a gooms man but can't remember which one for sure.

1 hour ago, ATimetoDance said:

Kendra looked beautiful. Why a first look with her Dad? That was odd. Isn't something you do with the groom. I like her parents, as far as fundies go anyway. I likes his speech before he gave her away. I should have been done at the rehearsal dinner though. Instead of drawing attention away from the couple on their day. 

I think the couple actually liked Siah's joke. The editing didn't show it very well. I hope we see what really happened in the redundant stupid second airing. I noticed well placed bouquets trying to hide baby bumped and lack there off. There was one shot that made me wonder about Jessa, plus you heard Jessa talking in a lot of places but didn't see her much.  Jinger and Jana were the main THs because bumps didn't need to be hidden. 

Kendra and Joe did do a first look themselves. It's shown in this picture of Kendra appearing to flow down the stairs in a poof of white fluff as she comes from behind him. Why the show presented one with her Dad instead, I couldn't say.

J&K First Look.PNG

Joe said in a TH afterwards that the person rappelling down from the ceiling was his best friend from ALERT, and that he wasn't terribly surprised, given that he'd picked the "family jokester" (or similar) as his best man. Joe, at least, didn't seem upset about it. Whether Kendra was? We'll probably never know.

Did Miss Cindy do all of the bouquets or just Kendra's? It just seemed like little Jenni's bouquet was as big as she was.

Also, this otherwise sweet picture immediately made me think of Dracula for some reason. Probably just my weird sense of humor.

pjimage.thumb.jpg.f01c9e7faa9fcb3334d0044f86e1c3d9.jpg

3 hours ago, calimojo said:

So last weeks episode was episode 6 of the series and this episode was episode 13.  So what happened to episodes 7-12?  Could it be that TLC is done with them?  Are they going to move more to periodic specials vs. a weekly series? 

Something has clearly happened with this season.  Either ratings were tanking, or they weren't successful at getting advertising, or, is there another scandal brewing and TLC saw a chance to get out from under? 

I wonder if the other episodes were Dillard heavy, and with Derick's growing unpopularity, they opted to just cut those episodes? 

I hope it is done.  Partly because it is time.  Even without the scandals, the show is tired and they (TLC and the Duggar Brand) lack the courage to make it actually interesting.  They could have truly made a thought provoking show but they were cowardly and stuck with a formula that has a shelf life.  

I hope it is done because I want the next gen of duggars to grow up away from the spotlight. I do worry that in someways being on TV may have protected them from some of the worst parts of Gothardism, but at the same time, I don't think reality TV is healthy for kids. 

I hope that it is done, and the remaining original Duggar kids will have privacy and time to heal from having their privacy invaded for most of their lives.  I hope that without the lure of easy money from the show, the Duggar kids will have to expand their worlds, earn a living and stand on their own.  If they do this, they may have success at breaking the harmful hold of patriarchy, and gothardism. 

Mine show it as episode 7 so it may be depend on service providers.

But I think it'll be like this other part of the season was, where we saw Joy's wedding 'teaser' episode and then a full wedding episode.

Thus JoKen's FULL wedding episode would be episode 13 or so (with your provider) and come after we get episodes 7-12 whenever the show returns as that fits about the number of episodes we had between Joy/Austin's 'teaser' wedding episode and the full length wedding episode thing.

And those presumably will include JoKen doing wedding planning, the Joy/Austin honeymoon and baby announcement, Samuel's birth, etc. then then the full wedding episode.

With the lack of ‘coming up in the next season’ I’ve been thinking. This may be completely off the mark but I feel as thought there have been more mini tlc go videos of joe and Kendra talking about their wedding prep than normal. Maybe they aren’t going to do a full season of wedding prep and catch up a little chronologically, or just have specials about things like the honeymoon. I think tlc won’t view a male duggars wedding as important as the girls and maybe not devote as much time to it?

Also, why hasn't Miss Cindy been doing all the weddings? She is clearly a true professional unlike Sierra.  Whipping up bouquets? "One of my vendors..." And Jed is truly gifted. Great job on decorating. He and Jana could run their own wedding business. 

11 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Not gonna lie, when that power went out right as Pastor Caldwell was to formally announce the bride and groom, I thought, "What mischief is Cindy up to now?" But alas, it was a citywide power outage.

I'm pretty sure that was God telling them NO MORE of this nonsense. But alas not even God can stop TLC and the Duggar wedding train.

Great job with the recaps @nst! Also, can I just say that I'm delighted that Mizz Renee is such a wonderful designer that Jana had to do emergency sewing. She can't actually design a wedding dress and she can't sew two pieces together like a patchwork quilt. What the fuck does the woman do? :D 

Did I hear right that they added the ruffle like an iron on so that it could be reused?  That doesn't seem like a great idea.  No wonder it came off. 

10 hours ago, ATimetoDance said:

JB (so awful.) wIth daughters  it is crushing to give them away with his son it is just wonderful. I know there is this double standard but does he not like his boys. he won't miss Joseph at all. 

He has total control of his boys, they will never leave the Duggar compound, at least his thinks.  The girls are at the mercy of their headships, ala Jinger in Texas, Jill in SCA (even if only temporary) and Joy living 40 minutes away, living in a camper.

10 hours ago, ATimetoDance said:

Kendra looked beautiful. Why a first look with her Dad? That was odd. Isn't something you do with the groom.

Wait, wut? Was Kendra's dad like "I feel like this wedding which I am officiating for a couple whose courtship I completely controlled while broadcast on cable television just ISN'T ABOUT ME ENOUGH!"

The whole patriarch/pastor/wannabe-politician thing makes me think that this guy is a control freak of the same species as JB. Must! have! power! over! everyone!

10 hours ago, sansan said:

She is just lazy and cheap. I developed a bit of arthritis in my right upper foot and my Podiatrist said if the meds don’t work we can talk about an orthotic that I can wear in several shoes. She could wear other shoes even for just a short while.

I have to object here.  I have severe arthritis in my right knee and moderate to severe in my left knee.  I could not wear any kind of heeled shoe, or a totally flat shoe, for any great length of time or I can't walk for a week afterwards.  And I'm a fairly fit human being, who has not carried 19 fetuses.

You don't know the severity of any issues Michelle might have, or maybe she just likes those damn shoes.

I also noticed the different tone with JB happily wishing Joe well vs when he tearfully has to  "give away" one of his daughters.  It irritates me since I know it all stems from patriarchy.  I did like the talk that they gave Joe about appreciating Kendra and telling her that on a daily basis.  It makes me wonder what Michelle says to the girls about being a wife since they have never shown either of them giving any wedding day advice to any of the 4 girls. 

Does anyone else know for sure, well, I guess we do know, that Joe sells cars. So he can provide a good living. Since they will most certainly get a house, and he has a truck, they should be okay 

Joe does seem kind. I always had horrible vibes from Smuggar, and Joe comes across totally differently.

So for that I am happy. They’ll have a baby in less than a year probably and live in their free house and drive the free car. So life will go on. 

What do I know.

• Coconut Flan unpinned this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived