IGNORED

Jinger 32: Light into the Darkness According to Jeremy

Coconut Flan

@Knight of Ni, I've never seen the movie, but I did watch the TV show every afternoon after school.  Most soaps of the era had organ background music, but not Dark Shadows.  It had orchestral music as background music.  It was also the first soap to have a significant supernatural theme.   Eventually, it got too confusing to keep with especially if you couldn't watch it every day.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2017 at 12:17 PM, CarrotCake said:

Is this their house? It is so stylish!

There was another post from Jinger of the same picture where the caption was "reading and studying for my photography class {texas university class of 2020}" 

I believe the picture was taken at Texas University. Does this mean she is going to major in photography at a brick and mortar university?????? Go Jinger for learning more about something you are interested. 

45 minutes ago, rainashine said:

There was another post from Jinger of the same picture where the caption was "reading and studying for my photography class {texas university class of 2020}" 

I believe the picture was taken at Texas University. Does this mean she is going to major in photography at a brick and mortar university?????? Go Jinger for learning more about something you are interested. 

As great as that would be, that wasn't posted from her real account. That was some crazy person who created a role-playing account to pretend to be Jinger. It's actually kind of creepy to see people pretending to be them.

Yeah I don't think Jinger posted that. There is "University of Texas", "Texas State University", "Texas A&M University", among others but no straight up "Texas University" (outside of what Aggies call UT). Besides if she were to take classes she would probably go to Texas A&M International in Laredo. 

Still hoping she might enroll one day :)

On 11/6/2017 at 8:26 PM, feministxtian said:

Jinger looks more "mature" than her sisters...not older, more mature, less "overgrown teenager". She's a grown woman, not a little girl with boobs...Ok, I'm failing miserably to explain...

She just looks more self-assured, more comfortable in her own skin, more grown, more mature, more adult. I know she's what? 24? but she just looks like someone who's....aww shit...y'all know what I'm trying to say. 

She has a look on her face like "I know things" without looking snarky, just assured or confident as if she has found her place.  Also, unless I missed it, I am amazed that no one has said she is sitting there looking at the book with her hand across her lap. No one has said she is hiding a baby bump, good job!

Completely unrelated, but I was looking for pet sitters near me and the first name on the list was a Jinger in her 40s!

10 hours ago, beepy13 said:

As great as that would be, that wasn't posted from her real account. That was some crazy person who created a role-playing account to pretend to be Jinger. It's actually kind of creepy to see people pretending to be them.

Ah. Good to know. It's messed up that people role play as others on social media. 

So this woman was on The Voice (US) and not that they are twins or anything, but she reminded me of Jinger and was singing Train. Photos under spoiler (I hope):

Spoiler

Whitney-Fenimore-01-500.jpghqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, rainashine said:

Ah. Good to know. It's messed up that people role play as others on social media. 

For future reference, here are some of the official accounts related to the Duggar and Bates families:

duggarfam (Jim Bob and Michelle, though the elder daughter’s have posted to it before marriage as well - joint account)

jessaseewald (Jessa)

jillmdillard (Jill)

siduggar (Josiah)

jingervuolo (Jinger)

austinandjoyforsyth (Austin & Joy, joint account)

annaduggar (Anna, very rarely used now)

jeremy_vuolo (Jeremy)

ben_seewald (Ben, not used often)

derickdillard (Derick)

amyrachelleking (Amy Duggar King)

kingdillpickle (Dillon King, Amy’s husband) 

webster4ever (Alyssa Bates Webster)

ajw524 (Alyssa Bates Webster, private account)

johnw1121 (John Webster)

bluford_webster (John Webster, private account)

chad_erinpaine (Chad & Erin Paine, joint account)

thebatesfam (Gil and Kelly Bates, joint account)

lisajo1966 (Kelly Bates, private account)

brandon_michael_jn15 (Brandon and Michael Keilen, joint account)

zachnwhitbates (Zach & Whitney Bates, joint account)

josbates (Josie Bates, private account)

tracebates97 (Trace Bates)

carlinbates98 (Carlin Bates)

kgbates2000 (Katie Bates, private account)

lawbates (Lawson Bates, great for cheesy photos of him holding babies and small animals)

evanpstewart16 (Evan Stewart aka Fundie Zoolander, courting Carlin Bates)

robertellissmith (Bobby Smith, Tori Bates’ fiancé - not used much)

keltonbalka (Kelton Balka, Josie’s boyfriend) 

lawbateshorse (Amigo, horse of Lawson Bates)

DavidnCil Waller (David and Priscilla Waller, Anna Duggar’s sister and BIL - joint account)

cldilla (Cathy Dillard Byrum, Derick’s Mom)

justdand (Dan Dillard, Derick’s younger brother)

deena.dillard (Deena, Derick’s SIL)

chuckvuolo (Charles, Jeremy’s brother- I think) 

seewaldfamily (Michael & Gwen Seewald, joint account)

jessicaseewald (Jessica Seewald, Ben’s obnoxiously conservative shorts wearing sister)

danielle.seewald (Danielle, Ben’s sister)

bronxnewyorkheart (Ashley Salyer, Nathan Bates’ ex-girlfriend)

sierrajodominguez (Sierra Dominguez, Duggar friend and former Duggar wedding planner)

jennishartono (Jenni Hartono, close Duggar friend)

jonathanehari (Jonathan Hartono, close Duggar friend)

masiespace (Laura, currently lives with the Duggars and family friend)

kristennicoleyoung (Kristen, affiliated with Tacos 4 Life and member of Jessa’s friend “tribe”)

I didn’t list every extended family member or friend, just the ones I thought might be most relevant who have public accounts. Private accounts have been noted as such, so people know not to share content from those accounts if they somehow have access to them. 

13 hours ago, immodest_countenance said:

Yeah I don't think Jinger posted that. There is "University of Texas", "Texas State University", "Texas A&M University", among others but no straight up "Texas University" (outside of what Aggies call UT). Besides if she were to take classes she would probably go to Texas A&M International in Laredo. 

Still hoping she might enroll one day :)

If she wanted to study photography, it wouldn’t be at Texas A&M International, as I checked the university’s website and photography was not offered as a major or certificate, although I know that certain community colleges offer photography certificate courses (at least the one near me in Florida does), so that could be an option as well, if Jeremy is open to letting her do it.  Laredo Community College does have a visual arts department that offers photography courses that go towards an Associate of the Arts degree.

@VelociRapture, great list! Thanks for that. Looking down the list made me realize Joy and Austin are the only Duggar offspring couple with a joint account for a couple (not really counting the Duggarfam account just because the kids seem to at least sometimes have access to it in addition to JB and Michelle). I'm wondering why that is. Maybe neither of them are super interested in social media so they just pool their efforts? 

1 hour ago, Snowless said:

If she wanted to study photography, it wouldn’t be at Texas A&M International, as I checked the university’s website and photography was not offered as a major or certificate,

Yeah, not to mention photography really isn't a major that's offered at most real universities in the US. It's usually a community college/technical college sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Yeah, not to mention photography really isn't a major that's offered at most real universities in the US. It's usually a community college/technical college sort of thing.

I beg to differ on that. Many universities have extensive art programs with a variety of majors to choose from. (Including my own)

18 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I beg to differ on that. Many universities have extensive art programs with a variety of majors to choose from. (Including my own)

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted this - I should've known I started a conversation about a piddly thing. :) I know plenty of arts majors and major universities with plenty of arts programs and classes, including photography - I just personally haven't encountered photography as its own separate major. A specialization as part of the bachelor of fine arts program? Sure. But I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions to my own experience.

I think it is really interesting that we think that Jinger would be able to obtain a college degree, but Jill would be absolutely sunk in just about any form of higher ed.  Or at least the attitude of this discussion is FAR different than the one in the Jill thread.  

While I understand that Jill comes off as a bit of a ditz where as Jinger is much more well spoken, that's not necessarily a measure of intelligence as much as it is just a communication style.  I knew some VERY intelligent women in college who acted very much like Jill outside of the classroom.  And it's definitely easier to complete a degree without young kids at home, though by no means impossible.  

To get any type of degree, Jinger would have to do MAJOR remedial work, just like Jill would.  Gen Recs are as required for a fine arts degree in an accredited institution as they are for any other degree.  That means science, writing, history, etc.  Jinger would have to study art history, learn technique, produce a portfolio.  

Do I think she could do it?  Yes.  But I think Jill could do it too.  I think anyone who is willing to put in the necessary work to learn and succeed can ultimately achieve a college degree.  But Jinger is JUST as under-educated as Jill, so they would both have an incredible hill to climb.  And when it comes to drive...I hate to say it because I know she's a favorite here, but Jinger hasn't shown much.  She seems to be very much what the Duggars call "a follower" and what we might call "a passive person".  Jill at least went after what she wanted before marriage, and fairly tenaciously too for a Gothard Girl.  Jinger never pursued very much of anything.  Even Jeremy was someone her SISTER found for her and did a lot of the work to set them up.  

But I think there is a serious, unstated problem with the Duggar Daughters and accredited education: it would expose the family homeschooling system for what it is.  There is NO WAY those women could enter an accredited program directly.  None.  They need remedial coursework.  And as SOON as they take that, it comes out that the Duggar SODRT is NOT equal or even COMPARABLE to public schooling, which M and JB have always maintained.  There's no way the Duggars would be able to hide the level of remedial work these girls would need.  It would be revealed JUST how under-educated they are, and there could be potential blowback on the family.  

Weren't the older kids taught with the Wisdom booklets? I have a vague recollection that all the kids followed the same curriculum. Didn't Michelle teach them all, 5 years and up, about bankruptcy? College prep?

@Georgiana ITA, Jill, while ditzy, showed a great interest in her Midwifery courses, Jinger until she moved in with Jeremy showed no interest in books or continuing her education, period. 3 of the 5 older girls have shown an interest in any education beyond the SOTDRT, Jana, Jill and Joy. I'm not sure if Jana only did so so Jill could, but she did it none the less and Joy was doing things to allow her to be active in the political process beyond just voting and hate rallies. Jana seems to be a Jana of all trades, she can do a lot of different tasks, as can Joy, they have shockingly male ascribed skills in home repair and Joy supposedly took a course on detailing cars (which after a quick Google search looks to be a 5 day course).  Jinger and Jana have never shown an interest in anything aside from their hair and their wardrobe. Since that was all they were ever going to be able to do I can't say I blame them for it, but a couple girls at least seemed to try to broaden their horizons. 

Aside from photography and midwife, what are other GotHard approved vocations for girls?  

Also, I agree with the above poster who said that any further education would expose the crappy-ness that is the Duggar homeschool.  NO way would those kids not have to take remedial courses.  Maybe that is the reason that What's-his-name Duggar only lasted a short time at Clown??

56 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Do I think she could do it?  Yes.  But I think Jill could do it too.  I think anyone who is willing to put in the necessary work to learn and succeed can ultimately achieve a college degree.  But Jinger is JUST as under-educated as Jill, so they would both have an incredible hill to climb.  And when it comes to drive...I hate to say it because I know she's a favorite here, but Jinger hasn't shown much.  She seems to be very much what the Duggars call "a follower" and what we might call "a passive person".  Jill at least went after what she wanted before marriage, and fairly tenaciously too for a Gothard Girl.  Jinger never pursued very much of anything.

Awesome points in your post. Jinger seems to be a lot of people's pet fundie here, and I mean some of it is understandable... But I tire of it a little bit in certain situations where people are fawning over her style/decor/photography when it's pretty ho-hum at best, for the most part (I'll admit some of her dresses are cute, and I like that she's breaking away from the family's rule about pants, but the girl needs a lesson on eye makeup if she's going to wear it and her husband choice in Jeremy has a lot of the same issues as Jill's Derick, just wrapped in shinier packaging). I know the bar is low for Duggars and we're all hoping for a little bit of improvement on any front from the girls, but sometimes with Jinger it gets a little silly. And I mean, I'm definitely guilty of snarking hard on Jill, probably too hard. But posts like yours about some of the double standards/people getting carried away are so necessary! 

I can’t see Jill or Jinger ever pursuing an education through an accredited school. They married educated men who sought and married women who were raised to be followers of their husbands and who had deficient educations. I don’t believe Derick or Jeremy would encourage their wives to pursue an education because it could backfire. What happens with they start truly thinking independently and not about how they dress? What happens if they find friends who think differently but they realize are wonderful people whose company they enjoy? Then your wife become the opposite of what you married. If Derick and Jeremy wanted well-rounded, educated, independent wives, they would have married someone else. They wanted the type of wIfe they got, who happens to be uneducated and raised to be a follower of her husband. As Derick and Jeremy  goes, so goes their wives. I would put money on neither Jill or Jinger ever getting any type of real education. I am still waiting for one of the Duggar women to actually show an interest in something that is not based on their husband’s interest and not approved by Gothard/fundies for women. Until then, I don’t believe anything will change. 

I could be wrong here, and just my opiniin, but I think there are vast differences between taking a non-credit photography class or two at the local community college (a likely spot for Jinger if Jeremy would let her) and the requirements Jill would have in an MA/LPN/RN field. Not dissing anyone with an arts background cuz Oldest loves to draw, play in PhotoShop, create anime costumes etc! But given their SOTDRT background and their fields, Jinger would seem to have better odds at success.

I do think there’s a difference between pursuing photography and midwifery with regard to the level of academic challenge. Jinger probably could take a handful of community college photography courses and become a better photographer without getting any degree. If Jill wanted to pursue midwifery on a more rigorous track instead of the certified professional midwife option, it would involve much more intense academics and getting an actual degree. I do agree that Jill showed the most interest out of all of the girls in actually working in a meaningful way. I will also add the disclaimer that I don’t have the creativity to be a photographer or the scientific smarts to be a midwife or any passion for either career. So I’d be impressed if Jinger or Jill pursued and achieved these goals.

20 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I do think there’s a difference between pursuing photography and midwifery with regard to the level of academic challenge. Jinger probably could take a handful of community college photography courses and become a better photographer without getting any degree. If Jill wanted to pursue midwifery on a more rigorous track instead of the certified professional midwife option, it would involve much more intense academics and getting an actual degree. I do agree that Jill showed the most interest out of all of the girls in actually working in a meaningful way. I will also add the disclaimer that I don’t have the creativity to be a photographer or the scientific smarts to be a midwife or any passion for either career. So I’d be impressed if Jinger or Jill pursued and achieved these goals.

Academic challenge is more tied to a student's abilities, rather than courses. I, for one, would breeze through the nursing courses (because I have a science-brain), and would likely struggle with color theory, design, drawing, etc., all of which are required for a BA in Photography at SCAD, for example.

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Academic challenge is more tied to a student's abilities, rather than courses. I, for one, would breeze through the nursing courses (because I have a science-brain), and would likely struggle with color theory, design, drawing, etc., all of which are required for a BA in Photography at SCAD, for example.

I agree to some extent, but I think it would probably be easier for Jinger to play catch up in reading and writing enough to get through the English 101 req at a state university photography program (not anything as competitive as SCAD) versus Jill to go from 8th grade math and 6th grade young earth science (I sincerely doubt she was ever even taught Algebra) to Calculus, chemistry, and microbiology for her nursing degree.

Also, math and science seems to be the most neglected in SOTDRT-style homeschooling. So I imagine both would need more math remedial work than writing, no matter their major.

That said, I would be impressed with either woman getting a degree, but I really don't see it happening. As @Georgiana pointed out, it would make their whole homeschooling facade come tumbling down. If you stay on the island of the blind, you get to remain the one-eyed king. I think deep down they both know the experience would be incredibly humbling, and they don't want to undergo that.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived