IGNORED

Jinger 32: Light into the Darkness According to Jeremy

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

My mother and I recently got into an argument about who was the best looking man in Stranger Things. Let's just say we had VERY different opinions. The guy she thought was gorgeous, I was like, "Really? He does absolutely nothing for me." And the guy I thought was fantastically good looking, she was like, "Really? You like him?" And I was like, "YOU DON'T?" :pb_lol:

I like the "bad boy" from California. :)

36 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Two thumbs up for St Elsewhere (minus the way it ended)

Stupidest, most asinine ending EVER.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I like the "bad boy" from California. :)

That was the one she liked, and the one who did nothing for me! I was all about Jim Hopper! :pb_lol:

Jinj says "I love how you lead me in the Word and prayer."  Fundies carrying on about how their husband leads them always squick me out, but at least she only mentioned prayer and no other aspects of her life.

Jim Hopper's easy on the eyes, too. But I'm probably closer to your mom's age! lol

California-bad-boy in the Camaro was my actual existence in the 80s so.... (except he drove a Corvette).

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Jim Hopper's easy on the eyes, too. But I'm probably closer to your mom's age! lol

California-bad-boy in the Camaro was my actual existence in the 80s so.... (except he drove a Corvette).

I did find it kind of hilarious that she was into the super young guy and I was into the more 'middle aged' man, hahaha. But hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? :P I actually looked up the actor who plays Hopper, and he's the exact same distance in age from me and my mum. My mum was born in '62, I was born in '88, and he was born in '75. lol!

Haha - I was born in 66. I can't BELIEVE Hopper was born in 75. I'd have sworn he was older than that...

So I understand your mom's attraction to the bad boy:  she and I are of the same (general) generation as the bad boy, story-line/timeline-wise. She and I both came of age in the best decade. :) (My daughter was born in 90 - I need to ask her which guy she likes best...)

GryffindorDisappointment likes Steve...   And her words, quoted, are:  "Not the pretty boy fuck bag with the Camaro."  hahahaha

When I texted GryffindorDisappointment in reply (that I liked Camaro-boy), her response:

"I knew you would."

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

That was the one she liked, and the one who did nothing for me! I was all about Jim Hopper! :pb_lol:

Yessssss! Jim Hopper is AMAZING! 

5 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Is this their house? It is so stylish!

It looks more like some kind of waiting room to me, but I don't think we've seen any pictures of the inside of their house yet, have we? So maybe!

Wow, actual skinny jeans and not the baggy ones we saw before! I'm super curious to know what her sisters are thinking. Are they praying for the sinner, or are they secretly envious? Which one will be the first to follow Jinger's example?

Tight skinny jeans! That's pretty surprising. I wish they'd ask her about the pants situation on the TV show and ask her sisters what they think. I'm curious if any will also wear pants in the near future... Joy seems really steeped in Kool Aid but at the same time, if she and Austin continue to do outdoorsy things and flip houses maybe she'll see the usefulness of pants.

the outfit looks so good on her!!!

I wonder when it is time for her to cut her hair into a cute bob or pixie!!! She would look super cute in it!

3 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Tight skinny jeans! That's pretty surprising. I wish they'd ask her about the pants situation on the TV show and ask her sisters what they think. I'm curious if any will also wear pants in the near future... Joy seems really steeped in Kool Aid but at the same time, if she and Austin continue to do outdoorsy things and flip houses maybe she'll see the usefulness of pants.

Jessa commented that Jingers outfit was cute on Instagram when she wore pink jeans. I think free Jinger makes a bigger deal about jeans than the daughters actually feel about them. They have lots of female friends who wear them.

I would totally decorate my house that way, so apparently I have a lobby style ;-)

The jeans are even a bit ‘ripped’ I see now!

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That looks like a really uncomfortable way to sit and read, but JEANS! Thats not even pretending anymore!

And it looks like those ones that have “strategically placed” holes in them, too.  Kudos on her for having the stones to wear jeans, given her background.  They actually look quite flattering on her.

2 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

Wow, actual skinny jeans and not the baggy ones we saw before! I'm super curious to know what her sisters are thinking. Are they praying for the sinner, or are they secretly envious? Which one will be the first to follow Jinger's example?

Hmm...if Jana finds a somewhat “normal” husband, maybe her, but I could see Jessa potentially wearing pants at some point (seeing as Ben and Jeremy are both Calvinists and not as easily influenced by Boob...emphasis on “as”, they’re still under his influence), but only if they make a clean break from Boob and Gothard.  Other than that, I think one of the younger girls would be more likely to than the girls closer to Jinger’s age.

1 minute ago, eveandadam said:

I wonder when it is time for her to cut her hair into a cute bob or pixie!!! She would look super cute in it!

I don’t think she’ll go as far as a pixie.  I think a long bob (maybe somewhere near shoulder length) would look great on her, especially if her hair is naturally that wavy. I’m not sure of her hair’s thickness and texture, though.  Women cutting their hair was either discouraged or banned in their group, right?  I think if she does cut her hair, it will be a bit more subtle.

16 hours ago, singsingsing said:

My mother and I recently got into an argument about who was the best looking man in Stranger Things. Let's just say we had VERY different opinions. The guy she thought was gorgeous, I was like, "Really? He does absolutely nothing for me." And the guy I thought was fantastically good looking, she was like, "Really? You like him?" And I was like, "YOU DON'T?" :pb_lol:

STEVE! That hair, UGH! Now Billy with out the mullet is beautiful, those eyes and that accent. Johnathan is cute in a strange way, he looks better IRL IMO.  These guys, while all young enough to be my sons are all adults. The youngsters are all adorable, I love Dustin and Lucas, but in a motherly way in that I want to cook them dinner and tell them to not become assholes and let fame go to their heads and to make good life choices. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

STEVE! That hair, UGH! Now Billy with out the mullet is beautiful, those eyes and that accent. Johnathan is cute in a strange way, he looks better IRL IMO.  These guys, while all young enough to be my sons are all adults. The youngsters are all adorable, I love Dustin and Lucas, but in a motherly way in that I want to cook them dinner and tell them to not become assholes and let fame go to their heads and to make good life choices. :pb_lol:

Oh, I think Steve (can't remember the actor's name) is really hot, but the hair, the hair!!!! Sometimes I crack up just seeing his face pop up on screen, hahahaha! I agree that Jonathan is maybe not as conventionally good looking as the others, but definitely cute. I don't know what it is with Billy, like I can kind of see that he's objectively a beautiful man, but his appearance just leaves me cold. I guess he's just not my type. 

love the kids, so so much. I can totally relate to being that age and being a total dork, and now that I'm an adult that maternal instinct kicks in as well and I just want to adopt them all. Nancy, Jonathan and Barb all remind me of people I was friends with in high school. They did a really good job of making those characters realistic and relatable, I thought.

On 11/5/2017 at 6:51 AM, Lurky said:

How to tell how old someone is:  was their vampire crush at 13-5 someone from the Chronicles of the Vampires, Buffy, or Twilight?  I'm interested in what the one in 5 years time will be.

When I was 14, there were Salem's Lot, Vampire, and Love at First Bite. But I can't quite say middle-aged George Hamilton provided crush material.

Oh! But I do remember having a crush on one of the Collins, get their names and faces mixed up now, in Dark Shadows, when I was a little girl.

I bet JinJer are out asking for $$$ for their new pet project. I’m not getting the doctor’s office vibe. I’m feeling a business office vibe or they’re at the college campus again. Or we could all be wrong...lol. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived