IGNORED

Jinger 32: Light into the Darkness According to Jeremy

Coconut Flan

I know Michael Schoeffling primarily from Longtime Companion which is about how a group of gay men live and die in the early years of the AIDS epidemic.  Every time I hear "The Tide is High" by Blondie I think of Willy and Fuzzy seeing each other for the first time in the Meat Rack.  Now that's a film I can quote by heart!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I have all the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD

I LOVE the show FELICITY - I laugh so hard every time Noel and Felicity try to sleep together for the first time and the xmas tree lights on fire. 

2 hours ago, calimojo said:

So actually, the more I think about it, the more disturbing 16 Candles is.  Oh man, I hate it when my favorite things turn out to be terrible.  Rampant racism, suggestion of date rape, treating women like trophies, etc.  Yes,  it captured a moment in time, but honestly,  it isn't really one that we probably want to go back to .  And despite all that,  if it come across while channel surfing, I will probably sit down and finish watching it

kill my childhood, next tell me War Games isn't about lollipops, or that Scott Baio and Erin Moran didn't have chemistry and he didn't slam her when she died. 

What's next Duckie does end up with Andie in Pretty in Pink 

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Confession time?

I can recite the entire dialog for Top Gun. And also St. Elmo’s Fire. 

And although I’m of a certain vintage (51 later this month), I’ve never seen 16 Candles. 

SERIOUSLY ! YOU MUST watch 16 candles.  It's a rite of PASSAGE 

And ST ELMO's FIre ROCKS - I can recite every line as well 

EVERY SINGLE LINE 

53 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Heathers.  I know that movie by heart, and sometimes quote it. 

PUMP UP THE VOLUME - every SINGLE Line 

Felicity, Everwood, and Dawson's Creek. Yup those were guilty pleasures and I was barely an adult when they came out but loved watching them. Movies I loved Drew Barrymore in Ever After, and nearly recite 10 Things I Hate About You, A Knight's Tale, and Save the Last Dance.

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Heathers.  I know that movie by heart, and sometimes quote it. 

F*ck me gently with a chainsaw.

12 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

No no no, you see Jacob was never actually in love with Bella, he was actually in love with the egg hanging out in her left ovary that would eventually be fertilized by Edward and become Renesme. 

Which begs the question, why didn’t he have feelings for the sperm cell living in Edward that would eventually become Renesmee? 

12 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

No no no, you see Jacob was never actually in love with Bella, he was actually in love with the egg hanging out in her left ovary that would eventually be fertilized by Edward and become Renesme.

14 minutes ago, Londish said:

Which begs the question, why didn’t he have feelings for the sperm cell living in Edward that would eventually become Renesmee? 

So poor innocent me is wandering around looking at the unread posts. I saw @Londish's post and was like, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON IN JINJER RIGHT NOW?

I clicked, and will never be sorry. Holy shit ladies, I've been cracking up and can't stop laughing. 

11 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I read Twilight and liked it for the most part.  It is very Mormon and not my usial read but well within my fav genre. I read them mostly on vacation due to the fact I could put it down and enjoy vaca, lol.  I wonder if the imprinting is the author sneaking in the sealing rituals temple Mormons do?  Bella should've boned Jacob.  I would've.   :D

I enjoyed the books for the fluff that they were. My sister suggested I read them, I was finishing my degree, while working full time, raising 2 kids, with the husband 3 cats and a dog, so mindless fluff was a wonderful escape between semesters. My sister wanted to see the movie because she liked the books. Anyway The 1st movie was so craptastic, so much hype, when New Moon came out my daughter & friends were over the top in love with the books. and wanted to see the movies. So I took a gaggle of 9 year old girls to see NM, and then took that same gaggle of 10 year old girls to see Eclipse, and so on and so and. I have a love  fort the movies that has more to do with the memories of fun mother/daughter times. We will still watch the movies from time to time.  We both love them and I think for the same reason, she's 17 now and she talks about when she was little.  

3 hours ago, nst said:

PUMP UP THE VOLUME - every SINGLE Line 

Talk hard!  I loved anything with Christian Slater. 

6 hours ago, Londish said:

Mitochondrial DNA, duh :pb_lol:

How to tell how old someone is:  was their vampire crush at 13-5 someone from the Chronicles of the Vampires, Buffy, or Twilight?  I'm interested in what the one in 5 years time will be.

11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I have all the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD

As do I and Angel. 

The movie that I can quote backwards and forward is Now and Then. "You can't get pregnant from kissing!" "No but when you tongue kiss a boy, he automatically thinks you'll do the deed with him. The can't help it, it's the male curse!" 

I love now and then. But the movie i know all the lines to is in a different vein. The Boondock Saints. Instead of crushing on Vampires it was old school Norman Reedus. 

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

How to tell how old someone is:  was their vampire crush at 13-5 someone from the Chronicles of the Vampires, Buffy, or Twilight?  I'm interested in what the one in 5 years time will be.

I'm in my 50s and only belong to the Vampire fan base, I've ever was interested in the others. My daughter is 14 as is into the Chronicles, The Originals and Twilight. Before Buffy there was Anne Rice and of course the start of it all Bram Stroker.

9 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

F*ck me gently with a chainsaw.

Q: Are you a Heather? 

A: No, I'm a Veronica.

Our love is God, let's go get a Slushie 

What if you never had a vampire crush? all my crushes were from Middle-earth! :pb_lol:

I love Now and Then! But the movie I used to be able to quote all the lines to was Jurassic Park. Now I could probably do Fellowship of the Ring. Too bad Hamilton doesn't qualify as a movie...

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What if you never had a vampire crush? all my crushes were from Middle-earth! :pb_lol:

I love Now and Then! But the movie I used to be able to quote all the lines to was Jurassic Park. Now I could probably do Fellowship of the Ring. Too bad Hamilton doesn't qualify as a movie...

Were? I watched The Hobbit just for Thorin Oakenshield...:56247956409be_32(13):

Never understood the Twilight thing. The writing was so puerile.

Didn't like Sixteen Candles much, but of that genre.. the one, the only, "Breakfast Club" is the best movie of all time.

10 hours ago, nst said:

What's next Duckie does end up with Andie in Pretty in Pink

Apparently that’s what the original plan was but it didn’t test well with audiences. :pb_lol:

I might or might not have had a Legolas poster in my childhood bedroom, might not have gone with Mr. C to Hobbiton and symphony accompaniments where they show the movie and play the score live. I might or might not look ridiculously and childishly excited in all photos taken at Hobbiton.

I definitely did have the AIM screename of KissMeElfBoy, for the private girls chat where we all had stupid KissMe ones. I feel like I just let something off my chest in a good way, hahaha.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Never understood the Twilight thing. The writing was so puerile.

Didn't like Sixteen Candles much, but of that genre.. the one, the only, "Breakfast Club" is the best movie of all time.

YES!!!!! Breakfast Club for the win!  I can't count how many times I've seen that movie and can quote pretty extensively from it. It's now one of playakid #1's favourite movies too so this proud momma must have done something right.  She, in turn, got me into Joan of Arcadia and Gilmore Girls back in the day which I loved.

Another awesome movie is American Graffiti, for the cars and the music. My kids, my husband and I can all quote huge chunks from that one.

So where was this Amber Diaz Perez wedding? Her registries say it was yesterday. Does her family perhaps live in the Dallas area?

I kinda thought that Jeremy and Jinj would go on a little 1st anniversary trip. Although maybe they are just combining it with attending the wedding.

If I remember correctly Amber is either a nursing student at a real secular school, or is already employed. And she is wearing pants in her registry pic:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/giftregistry/view_registry_guest.jsp?eventType=Wedding&registryId=544808670

10 hours ago, Londish said:

Hmm, probably because sperm cells are produced, live, and die very quickly. Whereas women are born with all the eggs we’ll ever have. So the Renesme sperm wasn’t in his sack yet.

BARF. I just found a logical solution to Smeyer’s shitty plothole. What has my life come to???

22 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

BARF. I just found a logical solution to Smeyer’s shitty plothole. What has my life come to???

Nah you just thought farther ahead than she ever did. She just wanted righteous vampire banging. :P 

26 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Hmm, probably because sperm cells are produced, live, and die very quickly. Whereas women are born with all the eggs we’ll ever have. So the Renesme sperm wasn’t in his sack yet.

Ah, but that's not the case for Edward! Because all of his biological processes froze when he became a vampire, so all that same sperm was frozen in his sack and he apparently never ejaculated until his wedding night a century later. Except I thought they had sex more than once, so maybe he was shooting blanks after that? I don't know. Don't think about it too much. Stephenie Meyer obviously didn't. :pb_lol:

46 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Ah, but that's not the case for Edward! Because all of his biological processes froze when he became a vampire, so all that same sperm was frozen in his sack and he apparently never ejaculated until his wedding night a century later. Except I thought they had sex more than once, so maybe he was shooting blanks after that? I don't know. Don't think about it too much. Stephenie Meyer obviously didn't. :pb_lol:

Well, he was capable of having erections despite having no blood circulation, so i guess anything is possible on twilight paradise :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived