IGNORED

Jinger 32: Light into the Darkness According to Jeremy

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

Let us praise Rufus that JinJer made it one year with no baby announcement!! 

Woot!  Jinger is (slightly) free!  I don’t think she’ll go a second year without a baby announcement, but kudos to them for at least making their own decisions (somewhat) for a whole year!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beermeet said:

Oneonta?  How did I miss this?  I grew up in NY and that's where the want to party more than anything kids went.  It's nicknamed Stoneonta for a reason!  Oh Jeremy was a legit sex havin' partier for sure!

I spent 2007-2008 in Delhi.  If you wanted to get wasted somewhere other than the 3 major frats you went on a road trip around the mountain to Oneonta.  It's one step below Cortaca for the local cops playing babysitters 8 months a year.  They'll give you a warning, ticket you, or let you sober up but it's too much paperwork for them to do much else.

12 minutes ago, quirkygirlgabbing said:

I spent 2007-2008 in Delhi.  If you wanted to get wasted somewhere other than the 3 major frats you went on a road trip around the mountain to Oneonta.  It's one step below Cortaca for the local cops playing babysitters 8 months a year.  They'll give you a warning, ticket you, or let you sober up but it's too much paperwork for them to do much else.

My friend went to Delhi in the early 90's.   Oh yeah, she had some Stoneonta stories!

9 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

I love now and then. But the movie i know all the lines to is in a different vein. The Boondock Saints. Instead of crushing on Vampires it was old school Norman Reedus. 

The Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies. Wilhelm Defoe is great. 

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Of all the hot vampires, Eric Northman will always be my favorite. 

Spike wins it for me. The bad boy.

4 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Not so weird as to not have company; namely, me!  I haven’t read/seen any of these recently mentioned, and probably won’t as they just don’t interest me.  (although a few years ago I did watch “Mean Girls” just to learn what all the references meant!  And I’m currently checking out Doctor Who for the same reasons...)

And yet, if you asked what I have seen, it’s not like I wouldn’t have a list.  (at least if we were talking about movies prior to about 1990 — I did more or less stop following pop culture at that time...)

I stopped following pop culture after 1982...when I had my first kid. Even prior to that I was a weirdo...Heavy Metal, Rocky Horror, Star Wars, Star Trek. After that it was Lethal Weapon, Hunt for Red October...

Now...I'm still totally weird. My Youtube is all about aircraft, NASA and engineering disasters. My Netflix is a little more varied, but slants heavily towards documentaries. Currently reading John Young's (Gemini III, Gemini X, Apollo 10, Apollo 16, STS-1, STS-9) autobiography. The last fiction I read was a Tom Clancy (I know he's dead) Jack Ryan Jr. adventure. 

38 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Hunt for Red October

I went to see that when I was pregnant with GryffindorDisappointment. She "danced" through the whole damn movie, and my belly was bruised from the inside.

Fast-forward a year or so:  I was watching Hunt for Red October (probably on HBO) when GryffDis was a baby. She crawled across the room, pulled up on the tv stand and DANCED to the damned music. I'm convinced she remembered.

As for pop culture - my pop culture from 1989-1996 is missing, because I got married, then GryffDis was an infant/toddler/preschooler/kindergartner. 

Yeah, I was pregnant on my first anniversary, unlike JinJer.

20 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Felicity, Everwood, and Dawson's Creek. Yup those were guilty pleasures and I was barely an adult when they came out but loved watching them. Movies I loved Drew Barrymore in Ever After, and nearly recite 10 Things I Hate About You, A Knight's Tale, and Save the Last Dance.

I miss Heath Ledger. :( One of my favorite actors of all time. I still remember how I found out he died. One of my friends IM'd me and I didn't believe her. One time we made cookies with heath bar bits in them and called hem Heath Ledger cookies.

11 hours ago, singsingsing said:

What if you never had a vampire crush? all my crushes were from Middle-earth! :pb_lol:

I love Now and Then! But the movie I used to be able to quote all the lines to was Jurassic Park. Now I could probably do Fellowship of the Ring. Too bad Hamilton doesn't qualify as a movie...

Oh man, Fellowship of the Ring. Loved me some Frodo. Elijah Wood was my first celebrity crush. I was even a member of an Elijah Wood fan forum. I was so innocent back then. I remember another member about a decade older than me getting a good laugh over my innocence leading me to accidentally make sexual innuendos...

7 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Well, he was capable of having erections despite having no blood circulation, so i guess anything is possible on twilight paradise :pb_lol:

Stephanie Meyer needs to explain this one!!

7 hours ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

@Fundie Bunny @singsingsing Yes I forgot that it is all just unimportant hand waving compared to the real focus of Twilight: Hot(cold) Sparkly Vampire Peen.

Oh man, that reminds me. There was a company selling Twilight dildos!!! According to the product description online, it sparkles in the light. They recommended putting the dildo in the fridge/freezer for an authentic vampire experience :pb_lol:

I saw this thread was Hot and got nervous, yay no baby annoucement, just some very interesting thread drift. Learn something new here all the time! Sparkling Twilight dildos will now go into the random factoid section of my brain. :wtsf:

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

r other Bruce Willis movies. 

I know...I'm the weird one. It's ok. 

what about Moonlighting - Hello ! - great show - It was a major deal when they got together 

5 hours ago, Beermeet said:

@calimojo. I agree.  It was normal for us back then.  I mean I didn't view thise movies the way I do now, then.  And, I don't hate them, they are a part of 80's culture that I grew up with.  Which is a bit confusing.  Also, the dork and Jake's gf did IT.  I recently watched, it's more then implied.  They were so drunk they don't know for sure but are ok with it if they did.  She even says she has a feeling she liked it.  Ew.

on my 16th birthday - my parents were on a cruise and they had an older friend from school she was 18 stay with me while there were away - she and her friends took me to LESS THAN ZERO 

and that was my first foray INTO THAT manonman

Even Private Lessons which had "something" was more innocent than Less Than Zero 

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Yes! ...I also quite liked Alcide for hot werewolf.

Two of the movies in my rewatchable canon are Beetlejuice and A League of Their Own. (Geena Davis is a coincidence.) 

I cannot fathom the idea of a Twilight dildo. Ew. gross. Especially after sitting here thinking about how it's an effed up Mormon fantasy world. 

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

What???!!!  That's how they started out?!  I was a Days of our Lives girl but, everyone knows about Luke and Laura.  Whaaaat??!!!!

DOOL - Jack D was a you know what until he was redeemed with Jennifer 

3 hours ago, divadivine said:

Jing finally posted about her anniversary.... of course she called Jer baaaaaabbbbbbeeeeee! 

42AF7215-8EB8-4A12-9DDA-BD779D497EA4.jpeg

I like Jinger's anniversary post. It's not as well-written as Jessa's posts and I was expecting something a little more creative/noteworthy for their first anniversary, but it's fine. I'd love to see Jeremy's! $10 says he uses meek/humble/servant's heart at least once. :my_rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I like Jinger's anniversary post. It's not as well-written as Jessa's posts and I was expecting something a little more creative/noteworthy for their first anniversary, but it's fine. I'd love to see Jeremy's! $10 says he uses meek/humble/servant's heart at least once. :my_rolleyes:

Ask and you shall receive:

I’m not sure what those characters are supposed to be in his message. On Instagram they’re showing up as question marks in squares for me. One person in the comments said it’s something to do with the new iPhone. 

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Amen. I was never a sparkly vampire girl but the vampires (particularly Eric) and Werewolves on True Blood made me have thoughts that would get me sent to the prayer closet for sure. Also, total girl crush on Pam. What a bamf! 

36 minutes ago, nst said:

DOOL - Jack D was a you know what until he was redeemed with Jennifer 

He was?!  Where have I been?  Oh wait, he raped someone else not her right?  I do kinda remember that.  Creepy, it was all normalish. O.O

On 11/4/2017 at 11:49 AM, Gillyweed said:

Speaking of WTF last books have any of you ever read Allegiant? It's the last book of the Divergent trilogy, and ruins the entire series with its ending. It's a shame, as the first book was actually pretty good and set up an interesting plot

This one was AWFUL, ruined the entire thing for me. I couldn't even try to watch the last movie. 

BUT there is a fan fiction book called Determinent I think, SO much better.

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I've never seen Heathers, but I (whispers) really didn't like The Breakfast Club. Combined with my aversion to Game of Thrones, I'm honestly surprised the mob hasn't broken down my door yet. :pb_lol: I make up for it by loving all kinds of other super popular things like Harry Potter, Jane Austen, and Stranger Things, though! plz don't kill me.

And here I thought we had a chance of being friends if we met IRL! hopes and dreams....dashed. 

Bruce Willis in Moonlighing...my perfect man. Good looking, quirky, sarcastic as hell...

My mother and I recently got into an argument about who was the best looking man in Stranger Things. Let's just say we had VERY different opinions. The guy she thought was gorgeous, I was like, "Really? He does absolutely nothing for me." And the guy I thought was fantastically good looking, she was like, "Really? You like him?" And I was like, "YOU DON'T?" :pb_lol:

Not sure where to post this, but today being the day our blessed Rufus was struck down by Jinger on the way to the birth of Spurgeon, I thought a short tribute would be in order.

O Blessed Rufus, 

from your perch on the wall, 

Look over us FJ'ers and our continued snark.

Do all in your power to prolong a "precious blessing" announcement from Jinger

Strike down Derick's twitter (and the Cheetos while you're at it)

And send a man to Cinderjana if she wants one.

O Blessed Rufus,

in your name we snark on the fundies.

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

He was?!  Where have I been?  Oh wait, he raped someone else not her right?  I do kinda remember that.  Creepy, it was all normalish. O.O

Kayla 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived