IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

So the "Ode to Joy", re-running of the wedding, then what? Do we start from Joe's engagement and wade through a load of crap to the wedding? 

ETA: There's a P at the end of crap. Although cra or cray could work as well. :P 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

So the "Ode to Joy", re-running of the wedding, then what? Do we start from Joe's engagement and wade through a load of crap to the wedding? 

ETA: There's a P at the end of crap. Although cra or cray could work as well. :P 

I can't wait for an all about JOY episode -- so excited 

the snark value is to the 10th degree. 

need a break from the xfiles and californication :D 

Kind of want to make it into a drinking game:

- drink every time they call Joy a tomboy

-When one of them mentions how she is surrounded by brothers in term of her birth number

- How she matured

1 minute ago, candygirl200413 said:

Kind of want to make it into a drinking game:

- drink every time they call Joy a tomboy

-When one of them mentions how she is surrounded by brothers in term of her birth number

- How she matured

Just stepping in to point something out with them that I find ridiculous (not the most ridiculous out of all the things they do, but ridiculous none the less). I don't think they use the word tomboy. I may be wrong, but I remember specifically looking for it the last episode or two, and didn't hear it. I think because she is obviously a perfectly good girl who can't be referred to by a term that has "boy" in it. She just doesn't love dresses and that's all! /sarcasm

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think next week is the wedding and the week after will be the usual sit down they do at the end of a season. Isn't the season only 7 episodes? If they follow the same format from past two seasons then Joe's engagement and wedding will be next season.

I remembered when Joy began being interviewed with her older sisters and talking about relationships. She looked so bored then. Good times.

2 hours ago, nst said:

I can't wait for an all about JOY episode -- so excited 

the snark value is to the 10th degree. 

need a break from the xfiles and californication :D 

One NEVER needs a break from the X-Files. I

41 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think next week is the wedding and the week after will be the usual sit down they do at the end of a season. Isn't the season only 7 episodes? If they follow the same format from past two seasons then Joe's engagement and wedding will be next season.

Rinse lather repeat. All they do is exchange couples. The only difference w/ JoKen is it will be Oh JOOOOOOOOE instead of BAAAAAAAAAAABE!

Does anyone still watch this? It's so repetitive, that I'm getting Joken and Josten confused. One of them is pregnant, and I don't care which one. Also don't care about the amazing gender reveal they will have. Think I'll go back to the weens man. Have the rescue ferrets ready. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Does anyone still watch this? It's so repetitive, that I'm getting Joken and Josten confused. One of them is pregnant, and I don't care which one. Also don't care about the amazing gender reveal they will have. Think I'll go back to the weens man. Have the rescue ferrets ready. :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

I had a disturbing thought. At their gender/sex reveal they can have pink weens for a girl and blue weens for a boy.

In the UK it is the like flipping the bird here in the US. 

I am really late to join the conversation but in Scotland it means Up yours! Yours referring to someone's behind.

18 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I had a disturbing thought. At their gender/sex reveal they can have pink weens for a girl and blue weens for a boy.

Can't believe I'm going to ask this but what do you mean by weens? I'm not sure I want to know. :my_confused: :brainbleach:

6 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Can't believe I'm going to ask this but what do you mean by weens? I'm not sure I want to know. :my_confused: :brainbleach:

RUN, DO NOT WALK STRAIGHT TO THE BRO GARY HAWKINS THREADS.

You're welcome ;)

Just watched the Joy-dress episode and Jennifer's heartbroken tears. That poor girl was sobbing in a deeply distressed fashion.  It was heartbreaking...but it was also horrible to watch MEchelle.  She had no physical contact whatsoever with these crying, distraught daughters -- who already turn to one another for solace because their parents have let these children know that they simply haven't enough time to deal with their offspring as individuals.

Jennifer went from trauma sobs on Joy to sitting beside Jinger, who loved on her, and near Grandma Mary, who tried to offer comforting thoughts (like that Joy will be nearby, unlike Jinger who left for South Texas).  What was MOTY doing?  Well, she got tissues and gave those to her daughters.  And when Josie was in tears, she found her way to MEchelle's lap.

MEchelle gave birth to all those girls, but only one knows that she will find open arms when she approaches her mother.  The other girls all look to each other for emotional support. MEchelle can offer tissues and a sister-mom, but there's a shocking lack of emotional connection between her and (most of) her children (with an exception for Miracle Baby Josie, of course). How could she just watch Jennifer sob like that without any offer of comfort? 

It's not like I don't know how damaging and horrible their cult is, it's just that it's so much more horrifying to see how distraught that young girl was in the face of losing yet another (sister-)mother in a short space of time. 

And somehow we're the terrible heathens leading shit-tacular lives and needing their direction and legislation about how to be more godly.  Right... :2wankers:

@amandaaries- this is what happens when you have 19 children. There is not time to know each one individually. There was little bonding because there was no time. Aside from Josh and Josie, by the time those kids were 6 months old, there was most often times another one on the way, and that 6 month old was turfed to another's care. It is criminal. Precious blessings my ass- IMO, each additional kid only decreased each one's importance and increased the distance from their parents.

@SassyPants absolutely.  That scene was such an abominable demonstration of the worst of their cult...and yet they have no issues with filming it or having it broadcast, because they are all so much better than the rest of us, since we don't follow their narrow interpretation of the Bible.  F'ing ridiculous. 

MEchelle really significantly parented two kids: Josh and Josie.  The rest were workers and props whose individuality needed to be subsumed for the "greater good" of the brand.  

But honestly, watching Jennifer sob and gasp for breath was awful.  For me, as a viewer who doesn't know any of those kids, it was terrible to watch.  But her mother, right there beside her? Nothing except more tissue.  These kids were raised with cameras -- who wants to cry on-screen? Another sad moment of childhood sold for profits for the Duggar brand.  

Hideous. Horrifying. Atrocious. 

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

RUN, DO NOT WALK STRAIGHT TO THE BRO GARY HAWKINS THREADS.

You're welcome ;)

Start at the beginning,  of course!

Have fun sis @allthegoodnamesrgone!

Sis. Beermeet 

On 10/2/2017 at 7:03 PM, nst said:

so joy can go alone to Kendra's - gone are the days where everyone goes to get their hair done 

I thought they couldn't go anywhere without an accountability partner?   It surprised me that she was allowed to drive to Kendra's by herself - after all, she could have had a secret meet up with Austin!  GASP!!!!!  Talked to another man (DOUBLE GASP)   

On 10/2/2017 at 8:22 PM, ChickenettiLuvr said:

And snarkettes-- how would YOU describe the Putman fustercluck to someone who's never seen the show? My DD thought I was making up crap. Nope. Nope I wasn't. They defy rational explanation. 

Talk about being up in your family's business!   I thought it was bad enough living next door to my inlaws and with the sister in law down the road a bit.   DAYYYAUUUUUUUUUUmmmmmm - 

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Anyone know how the ratings have been for this season? Better, worse or the same?

Theyve been about the same

1 hour ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Anyone know how the ratings have been for this season? Better, worse or the same?

About the same as the last couple seasons, around 1.2MM/episode, give or take a couple hundred thousand either way. 

Counting on - "Tomboy Joy" AKA "Ode to Joy" AKA "Joy, we hardly know ye"  Part 1

Opening scene - bees, then horses... at the TTH jessa shows up with Spurge and Henry.  Michelle says "good morning."  Jessa hands off the littles and Jana feeds spurge crackers.

Jessa reminds us of all the duggars that have been married off.

Jessa sits down with Jana (whos holding spurge) and they talk about a fun gift idea - something old, new, borrowed blue.  Jessa has "borrowed" kitchen things and doesnt cook a whole lot. She ccan let Joy "borrow" some of her duplicate kitchen things.  Jana says the boys can find something old from the shop.  Jana says they have new hard hats and can customize them.  Jinger can do the "blue" thing since she loves to shop.  They call her (not facetime).  They tell JInger the plan and assign her blue, since she loves to shot.  Spurge is in the background wiht another little.  Jessa thinks it will be fun.

In laredo

Jinger takes a metal wash bin outside to spray paint it.  They're still at the old apartment.  She puts a sheet on the grass and paints it blue.  Jinger says that Joy used to have blue lolipops and had a blue mouth

Various J'kids reminisce about Joy growing up, She's a ray of sunshing and cuddled on the couch with Jessa. She was a tom boy, hanging out with teh guys (shots of Joy shooting).  She was in the middle of boys. 

Flashbacks of Joy in various past seasons of the show doing things that arent "ladylike."

JOy - I remember fighting with a brother over a school computer and pinched him, but I felt guilty and apologized.

Flashback to the duggars hiking in the woods and painting their faces.  Joy is all in it, but the other girls hold littles and dont play.

Joy is "outdoorsy" and loves camping (um, did they see last week's episode?"

Jessa reminds us who ben is and that he was a trainer.  Joy pushes a pickup.

Jason has a 5:00 shadow... the duggars are slipping...

Jeremy reminds us of meeting joy in bumper boats.  Apparently JOy liked him and ben said that she doesnt like anyone.

Back to the apartment

Jinger gives her an "austin" shirt (its red so she has to hide it).  They line the washbin with blue bandanas, blue lolipops, various otehr shit.

JInger's makeup is a major FAIL - its caked on pretty heavy.

I hate when they knock "normal" people lives. Like the high school graduate comment, the bachelorette party comments etc etc. We get it you're superior. 

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived