IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

5 hours ago, cascarones said:

. Yet it was strange having people be open about how if I was Asian and he was white that was just fine (Vietnam vets!), but us being the reverse is weird and a shame. 

...what

I'm sorry people were like this

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/4/2017 at 7:38 AM, flycat said:

I was a little shocked that Austin reached into Joy’s hammock to feel her feet in the morning. From any other non-fundie couple I wouldn’t be surprised but it was very forward in a culture that has hug rules. 

Lmao, my husband and i were watching due to boredom and literally gasped when he did that :pb_lol:

On 10/4/2017 at 4:46 PM, calimojo said:

i have neer heard of a stick horse.  that is a hobby horse..

They ended up BUYING the hobby horses (recently seen in pictures at the TTH), but argued over the stick horses before that. 

We took a broom handle and a stuffed sock and made it into a stick horse. Add embroidered eyes, and imagination does the rest. 

57 minutes ago, marmalade said:

They ended up BUYING the hobby horses (recently seen in pictures at the TTH), but argued over the stick horses before that. 

They bought the rocking horse.  Stick horses, are actually hobby horses.  If you google hobby horse you see pictures of 'stick horses'.  And yes @Bad Wolf we did that too.  In fact on google, I found a website with directions on how to make your own hobby horse.  As a kid sometimes we just used a broom and would loop a large sock on it for the head. 

I kind of thought they weren't really a thing anymore though. 

I am surprised the girls were allowed to play with a toy that was basically a large round stick that they put between their legs and jumped around.  Seems like they would have seen something sinful in that. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

We took a broom handle and a stuffed sock and made it into a stick horse. Add embroidered eyes, and imagination does the rest. 

We did that as a project in my kindergarten class back in the 70s. (More time for craft projects back then. I think there were probably a lot more mom volunteers available, too.) We used buttons for the eyes and yarn for the mane. I loved that thing! I think some of the new ones you can buy have a feature where kids can push a button to make the horse whinny.

36 minutes ago, calimojo said:

They bought the rocking horse.  Stick horses, are actually hobby horses.  If you google hobby horse you see pictures of 'stick horses'.  And yes @Bad Wolf we did that too.  In fact on google, I found a website with directions on how to make your own hobby horse.  As a kid sometimes we just used a broom and would loop a large sock on it for the head. 

I am surprised the girls were allowed to play with a toy that was basically a large round stick that they put between their legs and jumped around.  Seems like they would have seen something sinful in that. 

Oops, my bad. I always thought rocking horses = hobby horses. :shakehead:

At any rate, they bought the rockers. I don't think we've seen the stick horses in any pictures in the past six months. 

47 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I'm sure they had to ride them side saddle. :my_biggrin:

On 5-10-2017 at 2:10 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

In the UK it is the like flipping the bird here in the US. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif.5bcc4b98098dcdecf2dc2aef531b5597.gif

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist... 

11 hours ago, calimojo said:

Have any of you ever seen a Stick Horse class at a horse show?  Cutest thing in the world.  The littles ride out in their show finery, on a stick horse.  They do a couple of circles (sometimes they have them jump, and do other things)  then line up and get their blue ribbons.  It's a great way for families that show to introduce their youngest members to the ring.  I've seen the class at both English and Western shows.  Some kids will be all dressed up, others just in jeans and a t-shirt. Cutest damn thing...I'm sure you can google pictures or video. 

For your viewing pleasure....

On 10/5/2017 at 4:49 AM, cascarones said:

ETA: Was anyone else raised with the anti-red lipstick thing, because it's too inviting for men? 

Yes!

12 hours ago, calimojo said:

If I remember correctly there was a Harry Potter broomstick toy that actually vibrated. Designers obviously didn’t think that one through. I am surprised that they were allowed to use them too since some fundies think it’s immodest for a girl to sit on a fence in front of a male. Apparently it will make the guy wish he was the fence. 

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

If I remember correctly there was a Harry Potter broomstick toy that actually vibrated. Designers obviously didn’t think that one through. 

There was. Sadly those were pulled off the shelves, rather than rebranded as an adult toy. They should really bring those back seeing how the Potter generation are adults now...

19 hours ago, calimojo said:

Maybe they had to ride sidesaddle, lol. 

I finally broke down and watched two episodes---I hadn't watched any since pre-Counting On days, but curiosity got the better of me. (I watched the wedding cake and the wedding dress episodes.)

I was struck by how alike the couples look--especially Jill and Derrick.  In some ways, they look more like brother and sister than spouses.  Maybe that's just me, though.

4 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I was struck by how alike the couples look--especially Jill and Derrick.  In some ways, they look more like brother and sister than spouses.  Maybe that's just me, though.

I can sort of see that- though I think what freaks me out more is how much Austin slightly resembles JB.. Or again, maybe that thought is just me too lol!

On 10/3/2017 at 8:27 AM, Buzzard said:

While they were on the river she appeared to be taking a selfie.  Thats definitely grounds for suspicion.  

She said she was taking a video of the people jumping into the river

I remember back a few weddings ago, they made a comment that when Sierra is the wedding planner, the Duggar girls end up watching/babysitting Sierra's children the day of the wedding.  Sierra wouldn't leave her kids with her dh or get anyone else to watch her own children, they were under foot.    

1 hour ago, PVMom said:

I remember back a few weddings ago, they made a comment that when Sierra is the wedding planner, the Duggar girls end up watching/babysitting Sierra's children the day of the wedding.  Sierra wouldn't leave her kids with her dh or get anyone else to watch her own children, they were under foot.    

Of course, watching childrens is womenz work, no real man baby sits kids.  Or Jana got sick of watching her growing brood, along with her growing brood of nephews and nieces and sisters and brothers. 

2 hours ago, PVMom said:

Aren't wedding planners supposed to make things easier so the day runs smoothly, not cause problems and get in the way?

Way to burden the family of the bride with extra babysitting duties.

18 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Way to burden the family of the bride with extra babysitting duties.

I've always wondered this . . . Even if they're being a burden, do the Duggar women ever get to say, "I'm sorry that doesn't work for me," or gees, even simply, "raincheck for later?".

Or do they have to be joyfully available for *everything*??  I mean I'm all for a servants heart and all that, but just doesn't seem very genuine if its always #keepsweetorelse . . . And now I just realized I'm simply parroting what everyone has said since the dawn of the specials.  Nevermind.  I'm just rambling.

Also, I didn't log on for like two weeks, and now there's all these cool emoji reactions ~ I dig it.

9 hours ago, Fun Undies said:

I've always wondered this . . . Even if they're being a burden, do the Duggar women ever get to say, "I'm sorry that doesn't work for me," or gees, even simply, "raincheck for later?".

Or do they have to be joyfully available for *everything*??  I mean I'm all for a servants heart and all that, but just doesn't seem very genuine if its always #keepsweetorelse . . . And now I just realized I'm simply parroting what everyone has said since the dawn of the specials.  Nevermind.  I'm just rambling.

Also, I didn't log on for like two weeks, and now there's all these cool emoji reactions ~ I dig it.

I'm guessing that they did speak up since Sierra hasn't been the wedding coordinator for  the last 2 Duggar weddings.  That or Sierra no longer does it.  

7 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I'm guessing that they did speak up since Sierra hasn't been the wedding coordinator for  the last 2 Duggar weddings.  That or Sierra no longer does it.  

Sierra stated a while ago that she was no longer going to be doing those kinds of event services. It was discussed on here somewhere, possibly in the thread about Sierra. 

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Sierra stated a while ago that she was no longer going to be doing those kinds of event services. It was discussed on here somewhere, possibly in the thread about Sierra. 

I'm sure she needed more time for bible lettering and live vloging or what ever she does on Insta

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived