IGNORED

Counting on - Season 4, part 3 - Lying but not Laying while camping

Buzzard

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at graduation ... you walk across a stage ... hers was so much better, she had a big party ... ummmm, yeah, I'm thinking pretty much everyone has a party of one sort or another!

Just now, devoutjedi said:

Did you hear that? In one of the flashbacks Joy tells the littles "don't make me call Jana!"

I heard that. But I do wonder if it was during a time where the parents were away and Jana was in charge. 

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I heard that. But I do wonder if it was during a time where the parents were away and Jana was in charge. 

it was because they were preparing for that lovely skit celebrating the insane parents. 

it was when the older girls were courting 

FRIENDSHIP with SIERRA - her best friend 

I just realized Sierra's husband looks like Joe Francis 

Counting on - Pretending to know anything about Joy - part 2

Cows... and Benessa's house

Jessa goes through kitchen cabinets and pulls out shit that she doesnt want. She finds placemats, "flavor injectors", an apron that says "Mrs Forsyth" (we're supposed to believe she has this?) - Joy loves cooking so she'll be excited to set up her kitchen

Jana TH - Jana has done a lot of cooking and can follow a recipe.

Jessa finds a fire extinguisher

Derick - nothing too bad

Jana - I melted a plastic bowl in hte oven

Joe - I burned popcorn

Jessa - I baked an owners manual.

Jessa - I'm including a recipe box and I'm copying family recipe, like cous cous.  Ben had beef and cabbage, but its one of those recipes that can cause rumbles.  DInner when youre not going to have guests over.  As I"m puting this together I'm thinking about how time has gone by.

Flashback to the homeskool graduation ceremony.  They were homeskooled.  It works best for our family.

JOy - my graduation was different than most, we had a huge party.

Jana - as Joy has grown she's become a delegator. - flashback to joy gathering the littles and assigning them shit.  Michelle stands there and smiles like she's high.

JOy - I hope the littles look up to me. Flashback to teaching the littles to sing a song for mom and dad.  The littles arent obeying and she's threatening to call jana. They scream "jesus loves me."

JIll - as a leader of the buddy team I saw energy

They explain what a buddy team is. They "invest" in their lives (like a parent)

2013 - they made pickles.

JOy - I made sure they get up on time for school

Jessa - she's a great big sister and made projects fun.

Flashback - buying cake mix

Joy - having siblings gave me insight into what a mom goes through.  

Flashback to michelle teaching her to drive.

J'kids talk about joy as a driver - jana - she needed to become more cautious

JIll - she's my little sidekick.

May 2016

JOhn and I spent time together when he taught me how to fly a plane. I was going to get my license.  There were a few times where it got turbulant and it made me nervous.

JD - I think she would make a great pilot, austin has his license.

The plane lands

Joy - I am still interested in getting my license, austin has his

Jessa - When joy was little she hung out with the bros but now girls. She's friends with cierra and has skillz.  We're reminded of the baby shower for kristen, that was her first time in an administrator role.

flashback to joy bosisng jinger around.

Jana - Joy is pretty good under pressure

Joy screams at people organizing food etc.

Kristin cries - joy - it was the greatest moment ever

Jessa brings henry out of a dark room and goes back to organizing the recipes. She leaves blank cards in the box and wraps eerything up.  Henry is now in a rock n play.

1 minute ago, Smoochie said:

I think Jana being the oldest in the house would be the authoritarian...  I don't find that odd at all.

I don't either. 

I've read lots by recovering fundies.  Very often eldest are handed the role of physical discipline.  If they were keeping Josh away from littles then Jana is next in line.  

Those who were in that role have stated how it impacted their relationships with the youngers once everyone is adult. 

John David with the dry "There's some hidden treasures but we don't know about them, cause they're hidden." 

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Flashback to the homeskool graduation ceremony.  They were homeskooled.  It works best for our family.

Remember when the Duggar children actually earned a GED?  What changed? Oh, yeah, the teacher (Jessa) got married and no one can be bothered anymore!

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jessa - she's a great big sister and made projects fun.

I'm not watching, but this seems like such a weird thing for Jessa to say about her YOUNGER sister.  It's like she can't even praise their own relationship, instead it's all about how Joy was a decent helper to the sister-moms. 

Counting on - I dont even remember what this episode is supposed to be about - part 3

TTH

J'men head to the warehouse to find an "old" gift to give to J'osten.  They open the door and its packed with shit.

We're told tat its filled with all kinds of shit but its not organized in any way.  We're shown shots of what a mess it is.

They go in and look for something "cool and old and kind of useful."  They're looking for something practical, not just old.  They find a ktichen sink and an old boom box.

They find a box. Its not useful enough.

They find a saw.  nope

Tennis racket - nope

They see a camping grill. Austin loves the outdoors and it happens to still have gas in it. 

Austin is a "great guy" and loves adventures.

Joy tells the story of how the families met.  They've known eachother forever.

Austin tells the story of his youth, homeskooled... dad is "hardest working."

Joy - he came and hung out 5 years ago playing football with my brothers.

JInger - meghan would drive us around and I was terrified.

Austin - growing up in a small family was differnt but I wanted more siblings.

Joy - I didnt really like him all that much, he was young and immature

Ben - we took him to a trampoline park to get him to know better

flashback to bin, derring, and austin falling in a foam pit.

Ben - Austin has balance and agility, like a cat.  It was a good time and we had good conversations.

= didnt we see this episode already?=

Joy - I love that he balances me out and has a heart for ministry and a hard worker and isnt a stick in the mud. He pulls me out of my box.

The J'men find a lighter and go outside iwth the stove.  They set it up and arent sure how to turn it on.  They arent sure wehre to put the gas can. They light it and it works.

They decide to give her that as a gift.

I still go to my 50 Shades reference when I see the blindfold... hmmm.  

17 minutes ago, cptbailey said:

I hate when they knock "normal" people lives. Like the high school graduate comment, the bachelorette party comments etc etc. We get it you're superior. 

Not to mention that Joy herself was shown walking across a stage to get her Duggar Academy diploma, along with the boy twins. They were just missing fake caps and gowns. Lots of people I know had graduation parties. I wish they would just shut up about what "regular" people do, because raised in a cult they have no fucking clue. 

Just now, marmalade said:

Not to mention that Joy herself was shown walking across a stage to get her Duggar Academy diploma, along with the boy twins. They were just missing fake caps and gowns. Lots of people I know had graduation parties. I wish they would just shut up about what "regular" people do, because raised in a cult they have no fucking clue. 

We also have prom...which is a lot of fun! :) 

Is there any indication of Jill's birth of her second child, whose name escapes me at the moment, will be featured at all? That's the only thing that would be remotely interesting. I haven't seen anything about it it any trailers.

Seriously, they think an old Coleman stove is a great gift for Joy & Austin ... I hope they cleaned it up some!  LOL I figured they'd pick a table, some sort of furniture, that they could really use what with getting their first house together.

The hardhats are actually a cute idea seeing that they're redoing their house.  A little different, but, good for the younger ones to be involved with.

1 minute ago, cptbailey said:

Is there any indication of Jill's birth of her second child, whose name escapes me at the moment, will be featured at all? That's the only thing that would be remotely interesting. I haven't seen anything about it it any trailers.

Nope, but, technically he hasn't been born in the timeline.  J&D are still in Central America and haven't returned back to AR.

Just now, Greendoor said:

Umm  a Duggar dancing? 

Hahah nah! Us heathens though, we get low. :P 

Snapping was a method used to train children right? 

I noticed Michelle snapped at Joy while teaching her to drive.

It makes me want to cut off Michelle's hand.

Oh and Jessa doesn't cook much? Has she got a secret I don't know about?  How can you be a stay at home wife and mother and get away with not Cooking? 

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Joy - I love that he balances me out and has a heart for ministry

Damn, I've been hoping Austin at least isn't 'called' to go try to unnecessarily convert people, but I guess no one is safe from the mission disease the cult infects them with.

Counting on - Cleaning out the warehouse and the cabinets, calling it a gift, and wasting an hour of my life - part 4

TTH

Jana gathers the littles to color on hardhats. They sit at the long table by the soda machine.

Jana reminds us about the gift idea thye've told us about 500 times this episode.  Jessa, wearing her "blessed mama" shirt pulls up a chair and they discuss that they're doing something new, its not a tradition.

They schetch fonts.

We're reminded how joy and austin got to know eachother on ministries.  When he was in mississippi at flight school he thought "what about joy" and it was god.

Joy - I remember thinking he was incredible when he was over playing volleyball and austin cried and shared his testimony.

Austin - I was a fool not to have my eyes open looking at her. The thought of joy saying no never crossed my mind. I knew she was willing and ready to take the next step

flashback to the day on the mountain about courting - "more than just friends."

Joy - I was so excited. Havin ginterest for so long was an answer to prayer.

Joy - some of my favorite things of courtship was gettin gto know him better, a triple date (december 2016) - I dont think this ever aired.

Flashback to the dinner... austin asks for wisdom.  JIll explains that they will be really close and girls may feel bad that youre closer to eachotehr and not your friends.

Derick - he wants to be a provider for his family.

Back at the TTH, more fonts. Jana traces, jessa leaves because a kid is crying.

Flashback to joy helping austin flip the house.  The story of how many houses he has to sell before he can get married.

Joysten - th - its hard to focus on getting the house done when they're together

jill - its cute when they're together

jessa - she's mushy but you can still communicate

flashback - Austin talks to boob - asking for permission to buy marry joy

Ben and Derick talk about how boob draws out the answer

Austin - he did string me a long but it was worth it

flashback to the proposal

Austin - I wanted her to be surprised. I lost a lot of sleep

Joy - I was suspicious but I didnt see the film crew

He blindfolds her (and that wasnt a hint?)

Joy pretends to be surprised and agrees to marry him - sidehug

Joy - growing up I thought about who I would marry but I couldnt imagine seeing him on one knee.

Back at the TTH - the littles pick a color and sign the hats.

Jordyn -  I will be sad

Josie - I will be sad but happy that she picked the right person

Joy - I'm a little nervous about marriage and being a wife and I'm excited.

Austin - I 'm excited about experiencing life and starting a family.

Next time - A TWO FUCKING HOUR EPISODE - the wedding

Joken - joe asks for permission... 

Joken gets engaged...

yawn

• Buzzard locked and unpinned this topic

Archived