IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

My pay covers groceries, utilities and all my personal necessities. I haven't had a pedicure in three years and that one was with a gift certificate. I won't even talk about our cheap every third summer vacations.

And the woman who had a ten week vacation this summer and posts about her new clothes and kitchen renovation all the time should probably shut the fuck up about how other people spend their money.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Hisey said:

What's the deal with the constant photos of what she eats? Who care? What is godly about marinated onions? This is the third frigging picture of those onions.

I make salad all the time (I'm currently eating tuna salad) and I never post it to my facebook. Maybe it's silly, but I just don't think it's interesting enough.

I made tomato sauce the other night (we had tons of extra tomatoes from our garden) and I was struck at how beautiful the fresh tomatos, onions, peppers and garlic looked in the pot. So colorful and bright and lovely. I mentioned this to my husband and kids. No one cared. So I certainly didn't  take a picture of it and bore my friends with it!  Plus, it would seem braggy to me (look at all the healthy food I cook, folks!) which would also be deceptive, since I love junk food as much as the next person.

I think she posts the pictures as a way of saying how "godly" and organic she eats.  It's not only Lori who does stuff like that. A friend of mine does food posts almost once or twice a week on instagram. She has been doing it for years. My friend went through a weight loss journey which I commend her for. She has some weight gains due to thyroid issues and she had her first child almost a year ago.  She really does her best to eat clean and she exercises four times a week. The food posts annoy me at times. Right after she had her son, she was getting organic and vegan meals delivered to her house. She posted about it on IG and a relative of hers got into with her about her being privileged to have a meal service. In a way, I kind of got why that relative was annoyed.

I think Lori's posts are more about bragging. When she encourages people to eat organic she doesn't give them practical tips about buy organic products at cheaper prices. Her recent post about driving 40 minutes away to health food stores and farms was just her bragging up a storm.

Lori and Ken love to contradict each other.  Yesterday a reader asked Ken the following:

What is the Biblical perspective on female choir leaders?

Ken:

So long as she is under the authority of elders and pastor, and avoids any issues of having to exercise authority, she is welcome to and encouraged to lead the choir. 

Naturally, it took Submissive Lori less than 24 hours to make a video expressing her disapproval of women "song leaders".

Lori:

I would love it if women didn't pray in church or were the song leaders.

What happened to her advice that we should make our husband's opinion, our opinion?

But she can DECIDE that his choice is her choice. You see, it is the feminist movement that has made women falsely believe that they are independent of their husbands but this is not from God. We are told to follow our husband’s lead.

Lori?  Let Ken's choice be your choice.  He believes women "song leaders" are fine, and you should too!  TRUTH!

Blessings!

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My pay covers groceries, utilities and all my personal necessities. I haven't had a pedicure in three years and that one was with a gift certificate. I won't even talk about our cheap every third summer vacations.

And the woman who had a ten week vacation this summer and posts about her new clothes and kitchen renovation all the time should probably shut the fuck up about how other people spend their money.

She has done dozens of posts where she claims that women work for their own material things or to provide luxuries to their families. That isn't the case for every working mom/wife.  Many of Lori's fangirls still can't or won't catch onto the fact that she is very different from them. Her fangirls were recently talking about how they don't go on vacations or have smart phones, go out to eat, go to movies, etc because they are SAHMs. I honestly laughed because they look up to Lori who  was away on a vacation in another state. Lori and Ken go out to eat all the time. Lori has talked about having an iPhone, iPad, and computer. She admits to buying expensive clothes too. She isn't a frugal SAHM who is buying everything from thrift stores or having Ken remodel the kitchen to save money. If a person or couple can afford nice things and buys them that that's fine.  Lori doesn't put herself in other people's  shoes. Many of her fangirls barely scrap by on their husbands' salaries and some of them are  having more than four or five kids. I'm at the point where I have a hard  time sympathizing with Lori's fangirls, they have totally bought into Lori's BS beliefs and misconceptions about working women and two income households.

Lori (today):

I always said I would live in a mobile home if need be in order for me to be home with my children. I wanted to be the one to raise them!

I would venture that Lori's house is a far cry from a mobile home, and her nanny was the one to raise her children (or at least, her youngest child).

Lori (today):

We lived in a mobile home the first few years of our marriage and were very happy there!

Oh, really?

Lori Alexander:

We had very little money. We found this little trailer that we paid $230 a month for

Ken remembers being so happy there. I remember being so unhappy. 

16 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I would much rather listen to a woman pastor of good character than a male pastor of questionable character, and I am actually pretty conservative.

Same here.

16 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Whether wives are submissive or churches have women pastors is nothing compared to the Gospel. The message of Christ and salvation through Him is what matters.  After all, Jesus didn't tell Mary to get back in the kitchen and help Martha. 

Preach it, sister! 

Lori says:

Are you critical of your church? If so, it may be causing you to lose your joy! 

I guess that's Lori's, Dave's, Jeff's, Trey's and all the other male commenters' problem. It seems like they can't go one day without criticizing the "feminized" church. 

2 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

The things this woman claims that "many women do not want to do without" are things that MOST WOMEN ARE ALREADY DOING WITHOUT!!!!

My thoughts exactly. I buy at discount stores when they have their sales, and only what I need.  Haircuts are done at a home-salon where we pay around €11 for a haircut. I haven't had one in months for lack of time! 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

These people don't live in reality. The cost of living has skyrocketed and wages haven't kept up. 

No, they don't. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Its all exhausting and stressful. And "getting ahead" kinda feels like a hopeless endeavor  but it is what it is. At least we have each other. 

Same here. 

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

I would venture that Lori's house is a far cry from a mobile home, and her nanny was the one to raise her children (or at least, her youngest child).

You would be more than right. Over 3500 sq ft, six bedrooms, three bathrooms, and worth well over a million. Information culled from Ken's own, public business website, which provided the address, and Zillow, which tells all. LOL.

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

Ken remembers being so happy there. I remember being so unhappy. 

14 minutes ago, Koala said:

We lived in a mobile home the first few years of our marriage and were very happy there!

That's just Lori being submissive and making Ken's opinion her own. She needs time to catch up, @Koala

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

You would be more than right. Over 3500 sq ft, six bedrooms, three bathrooms, and worth well over a million. Information culled from Ken's own, public business website, which provided the address, and Zillow, which tells all. LOL.

Ok folks...there is NO way Lori is cleaning that house on her own.  Now that I see how big that house is, it's laughable to think she is doing the housework on her own.  She is far too lazy and has to monitor grown ass adults on the internet.

I have a friend in the bay area that just sold a 1300 sq ft house for 1.3 million.  Not exactly sure of California geography, but a house that big, close to the beach has to be worth quite a lot.

10 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Over 3500 sq ft, six bedrooms, three bathrooms, and worth well over a million. Information culled from Ken's own, public business website, which provided the address, and Zillow, which tells all. LOL.

:pb_eek: Wha????  Are you serious, right now?  6 bedrooms?  THAT is how she is "moderate in everything"?  For once, I am speechless.  I knew they had a house in a nice area, but I never fathomed it was that big.  Christ. I could fit 3 (THREE) of my houses in Lori's house and still have room left over.   What on earth do two people need with a 6 bedroom house?

Lori May 2017:

Do you waste money on things of this world instead of investing in things eternal? Have you learned that godliness with contentment is great gain and have learned self-control in consuming things, knowing that they will all burn one day?

Not too hard to be content in a 6 bedroom house, is it Lori?  No wonder they can't afford to tithe! 

Zillow actually says it's worth about $1.1 mil. But I don't know how long ago they updated that. And it says the last people who bought it--Ken and Lori--paid somewhere around $450,000 for it. I want to say that was about 15 or 16 years ago, I closed out the page so I'm just going on memory now.

And there is absolutely NO way Princess Lori cleans that house herself. NO way.

Oh the irony :laughing-rolling:

On her Instagram Lori quote Harold B Lee who says: "the most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home"

There is a lady who says than Harold B Lee is Mormon and she is questioning Lori why she did quote him. 

Loris answer:  truth is truth no matter who says it! ❤️

And yes indeed President Lee is Mormon and he said that to .......... wait for it ........... wait for it ...........to the fathers 

harold b lee.PNG

Marg says (on the original women preaching post from last week)

I have no idea how anyone can think that domineer can have a positive sense. Perhaps that is the biggest difference in our understanding of the New Testament.

When I read Jesus’ teaching in the Gospels I see that he taught his follower the opposite of domineering. I believe that no believer should ever dominate or control another capable person.

Lori says:

Marg,

Here is a post Ken wrote that should hopefully be able to persuade you that what you believe is simply not biblical in any way

The Bible, Matthew 20 

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. 26But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; 27And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: 28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

But Jesus was wrong!

And you are not quoting from the part Lorken has stated as relevant.

Furthermore, it's not in the one page of verses Lori uses as her "bible"

You are probably Christian and/or someone using logic -not a believer in the Godly Mentor:2wankers:

Ken and Lori church hop...which means they aren't willing to HUMBLE themselves and realize that no church is perfect. Now, I can see changing churches over doctrinal or theological differences, but this bullshit of "feminized churches" is just that BULLSHIT. Women are taking over in churches because the men aren't stepping up. 

I think Lori enjoys being miserable. Ken is a jackass. If they were any other couple, they'd have split years ago. 

Lori:

Are you critical of your church? If so, it may be causing you to lose your joy!

Yes Lori, you are critical of your church.  You have painted them in a negative light on your blog (MANY TIMES), and you painted them in a negative light on this very video.

Most of the churches that I attend here in southern California, umm, the women don't wear dresses period, even the ones up on stage.  And then they usually wear tight, tight, tight pants or something like that.

I also notice that she said "my churches" and "most of the churches I attend".  How many churches does she attend??

Anyway, she went on to complain about the music they sing not being "theologically accurate".

She goes on:

So...and we like our church here too, and we have a great pastor.  They don't...they don't do things...everything that we like 

Yes, they are not the Church of Lori Alexander.  I can understand how that'd be hard to tolerate. :roll:

Has anyone else noticed that Lori seems very hostile towards Jilly?  It's like Lori seems how kind she is, and she just can't stand it.  

Jilly responded to her video:

Thank you for sharing Lori, can I ask why you don't like women praying in church or leading praise? I hope all is well with you and yours! Jilly oxo

Lori:

Jilly (last name redacted) it is clear in the Word that women are to be silent in the church and not teach or be in leadership positions. I believe God has created men to do the teaching, praying out loud, and leading worship in the church.

Jilly:

So what about us singing in church some would say that is not been silent! Thank you for bearing with me I am just searching! I would of thought that a women praying was between just her and God? Thanks again!! oxo

Lori:

Singing in church is not a leading position in the church at all and we are told to sing praise songs to the Lord, so yes, I'm sure you know that singing is good for women in the churches. Being silent means to not teach, preach, lead, or speak out in any way, in my opinion.

Umm, no.  Being silent means:

not making or accompanied by any sound

There is no Bible verse that says women can't pray in church, but they can sing.  That's just another of Lori's "very strong opinions".

Also, how is Jilly to "know" that singing in the church is good for women, but praying is bad? Because Lori said so?  Because I don't see a shred of scripture to go with that assertion.

In Arizona and here in LV, people tend to dress very casually period. When a "cool front" means temps of 100-105 in summer, yeah, people don't wear much clothing. It's HOT!!! At my church, the dress tends to be a bit more formal, most women wear skirts/dresses. In the choir, the women are required to wear skirts or dresses and the men wear shirts/ties/sportscoats or suits. It's the way our church is...it's part of the agreement for the choir. I normally wear skirts/tops anyway so it's no big deal for me. BUT...I'm sure Lori would have something to say even about my conservative Baptist church...Pastor's wife doesn't wear makeup (she has similar skin problems to mine), the guys on parking lot duty wear shorts in the summer (yeah, you walk around a parking lot in Las Vegas in July!), one of them brings his dog,  

But Lori wouldn't be happy, she'd find something to pick at...maybe the kids who run around the church before/between services...maybe the dad who gets his baby daughter out of the Nursery and walks around with her. Who the hell knows. 

What an utter waste of DNA. 

PS...the dad who gets his baby daughter out is married to one of the pastor's daughters. Lori would shit bricks all over herself for that one...

Lori's always telling her readers that God will provide if they just quit their jobs and stay home.  
Here is a good example of how that works for people who don't live in 6 bedroom, million dollar+ homes:

So I did quit my job, we did trust God with our one income, I did 20$ grocery each week

Three people, $20 each week for groceries.  Lori would have had.a.fit.  In fact, I think she'd have gone running to her Dad for money.  There is NO WAY she could make $20 work, even just for her and Ken.  Honestly, I am not sure how anyone could.

But, God's commands aren't burdensome, amiright?!?!

Then there's this reader, who has some tips for a woman who insists that they can't make it on one income:

So instead of buying a lotion bottle for $40 (seriously, it’s out there) I use cold-pressed olive oil or coconut oil. 

Yeah, it's out there, and it's on Lori's Instagram AND "favorite things" video.  The woman who's telling her readers to trust God and live on $20 a week for groceries, is also the woman who uses $40 bottles of lotions, and then flippantly replaces them with others when it strikes her fancy.

TRUTH!

My mom often had only 20-40 a week max for groceries for a family of 5. She never bought herself luxuries and couldn't even afford necessaries for herself. (Hand me down undies and bras, rags for period cloths) we could've qualified for aide but they never did. Why idk. 

We made it but that's not a life I want to aspire to, IMO. I don't know why they brag about it 

10 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My mom often had only 20-40 a week max for groceries for a family of 5.

Wow...that had to be really hard.

My grandparents really struggled when they were young.  Both worked, but even then they ate a whole lot of beans and...beans.  They are both gone now, but there were certain kinds of beans that neither of them would eat in the "good years", because they said they'd eaten enough of them in the "lean years" to last a lifetime.  

They also had a lot of weird eating quirks held over from going without for so long...

I am like you...I don't know why anyone would aspire to that, much less live that way because some rich princess, living in a 6 bedroom mini mansion thinks they should.  Lori would NEVER live in any such conditions.  She would flip out at the mere suggestion.

My mother could buy a week's worth of groceries for $20 for the four of us--at the Navy commissary, way back in the early 1960s! :my_dodgy:  

Lori: 

Many families do it but they have to cut out all of the non-essentials and live carefully and frugally. Read The Tightwad Gazette and Laine's Letters for inspiration. Their husbands never made more than $30,000/year but they were both able to pay off their homes and be home full time with a large family. Where there is a will there is a way and with God ALL things are possible. He's the one who wants mothers at home full time so we can trust Him to provide.

In the 80s, that could be done if you were a real Tightwad. Not now. 

Commenter:

Its very easy to say this when you are not in poverty. We must have compassionate hearts in these last days and minister His mercy. We must keep focused on what matters and not confuse people by telling them they are in sin if they work. It is wrong. Be blessed.

GASP! someone told Lori she's wrong! *ducks and covers*

It would be really great if Lori's readers would challenge The Moderate Mentor to make a shopping list and a menu with only $20 a week.  Same for bills.  We have this amount, tell us how to make it work.  If God provides for those who refuse to work, here's what we have, tell us how to make it work.

Can you imagine?!?!  No organic.  No vitamins or expensive beauty products.  No health food store.  

She would delete it so fast their heads would spin. 

My mom held onto Tightwad Gazzette & LL for  dear life. They weren't able to get into brick & mortar house until I was 18. 10 years ago, right before the youngest graduated, my mom went back to school and now works and is the primary bread winner. They have a about 20 years left on paying off the very modest house. 

Buying is so hard in today's economy. But renting is hard too  You cannot win in today's economy. 

RE the point of only spending $20 on groceries a week, remember she spent $27 just for these organic veggies let alone anything else!

Also if you work from home it is so stupid to put your home address on your business site. That is what PO boxes are for!

I think they want someone to stalk them or something, so they can have a sad, persecuted story about how the feminist and God haters found them (like cabinet man). They certainly don't go out of their way to hide personal details knowing how controversial Lori is. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived