IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

I wonder if Ken was planning to be a missionary or pastor.  Before he met Lori, he went to divinity school, and according to Lori, he was perfectly happy in the trailer.  It was she, who was "so unhappy".

I can't help but speculate that going from living in a nice home w/ a father who (very obviously) brought home good money, to living a a trailer with no money at all, was more than Lori could take.

I wonder if Ken realized that Lori was never going to be happy without a lot of money, so he switched gears.  For all of their religious carrying on, they seem to draw a firm line between religion and finances.  It also seems weird that for all of Lori's religious fervor, none of her children who "walk with God", went into the ministry either.

It doesn't seem that they do anything to help the church in any way...

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is the bigger problem--women like Lori or the men like Ken that enable them? Enable and encourage their snobbery. All because they are afraid if they don't give into her way, the sex will dry up. 

20 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

jumpinjack.PNG

I can't even.  I live in a state with a very VERY hight rate of domestic violence and death due to domestic violence.  I would NEVER suggest that someone stay in the home with a man who has hit.  Maybe he won't do it again but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.  

Blow things out of proportion?  Seriously?  She'd probably tell a woman whose husband pulled a loaded gun on her the same thing.  "oh I know he pulled the gun but he didn't shoot, did he?  Don't blow this all out of proportion".

There are far to many churches in SC that preach this load of crap.  There are far to many judges who believe this crap.  Women die because of this crap.  

And now I feel the need to go throw something very hard.  I think I need a drink.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I wonder if Ken realized that Lori was never going to be happy without a lot of money, so he switched gears.  For all of their religious carrying on, they seem to draw a firm line between religion and finances.  It also seems weird that for all of Lori's religious fervor, none of her children who "walk with God", went into the ministry either.

It doesn't seem that they do anything to help the church in any way...

I think that probably happened with Ken and Lori. She seems like the type who would have refused to meet Ken halfway.  Ken said here he was the son of a poor missionary.  Lori could have learned valuable lessons from Ken and his side of the family.  I suspect that Lori's parents are just classist as her and maybe they looked down on Ken. Lori said that her parents helped them out financially in the early years of their marriage. I could picture a scenario where Lori's dad got tired of helping them out and maybe told Ken to do something else to support his daughter.

9 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I could picture a scenario where Lori's dad got tired of helping them out and maybe told Ken to do something else to support his daughter.

I always wondered how Ken went from a Divinity degree to becoming a consultant to orthodontists.

On the Alexander and Sons bio page it says Ken got his start working with/under a group of orthodontists in the early 80's, but nothing about why these orthodontists took an interest in him.  As far as I can tell he had no background in orthodontia or managing an office.

He lists his academic degrees, but nothing about prior work experience on his bio.

I believe Lori mentioned that Ken planned to go into ministry when they first met.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these original orthodontists were friends/neighbors of Lori's medical doctor father and that's how Ken got his start.

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

How do you feel about divorced women serving as children’s teachers in the church? My husband and I are currently dealing with this. A woman pursuing divorce from her husband (no cheating involved), and she is still serving as a Sunday school teacher. We feel like she shouldn’t be in any teaching position because she is going directly and blatantly against the Bible. We do have a meeting with our pastoral staff to discuss, but I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

And Ken replies:

I can’t blame the pastor/elders completely for not wanting to open a can of worms where no sinners can serve in the church.

You bet! No elder is going to open that particular can of worms because, guess what, that elder is also a sinner!  

The pastor of our church described unconditional love this way "wanting the very best for someone else without thinking of yourself". I can tell you that he lives this every day with his wife. They were newlywed 21 year olds when they moved here to plant the church. She followed him (he grew up here and she's from Pennsylvania)...and he's done everything he could to make her feel at home here. She worked by his side for the church. Now, 40 years later, they are the most adorable couple! They still hold hands, are openly affectionate and loving, have 5 great kids (imagine, preacher's kids without egos!). He's stated that he has counseled divorce in certain cases...alcoholism, gambling addictions, abuse. He tells men that they have the responsibility to make sure their wives are happy, safe, secure and loved. I'd love to hear him go up against Lori...that'd be a popcorn and coke debate! 

Oh, and yes, he's an IFB preacher! 

7 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

This purely anecdotal, but of the people I know who are divorced (not a huge number) in nearly every case it is the husband who left the wife for another, younger woman.

It was the men who discarded the wives "of their youth" for a newer model.  Usually blonde, no children, no wrinkles, and with a career.

*snipped*

And now you know another. :my_shy:

My ex left me twice in 11 years. The final time was for not one but several women. The one he *should* have left me for got jilted worse than I did. She waited 6 long years for him & he ended up with a completely different broad.  We're friends now.  I initiated our divorce because I knew of I didn't, I'd be stuck with a child & no help & him trying to use our legal married state to his benefit.

To be fair, our marriage was toxic from both our parts, but he's the one who gave up & walked away.  Lori is a spoiled little gold digging pogue.  I simply can't fathom starting & carrying on a life with a person I don't actually love, or perhaps even like?! Who does that??  Seriously. And WTF is Trey doing putting the word emotions in quotations????  That's the kind of s.o.b. I'd like to catch out behind a woodshed & show some "emotion" to.  

(I'm sorry y'all, its been a long week & sometimes my home training flies out the window)

Ok folks, this one did me in- a gripping post about griping. The irony got me. She does keep going about the virtues of the Lord after where the photo cuts off, but I'm glad to know Lori thinks many things aren't worth getting bothered about. You sure couldn't tell from her blog!

9d1572933889ac406f65c37be5fde2d8.png

Could someone post this on the Amazon Transformed Wife page? I have tried and tried to do so, but Amazon will not let me edit my original review, though it says I should be able to do so. I suppose I could delete my original review, but perhaps someone who is more technically savvy could add it.

la blue shirt.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Thank you! I think it will go a long way to inform potential buyers abuot Lori's beliefs.

Did you see my other pictures? The misnumbered table of contents and the shorts of Dorr county :D

22 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@Imrlgoddess, I love you for calling Lori a pogue. Just A+ wordsmithery!!

Why thank you! I don't know why it popped up on my radar recently but I forgot how much I love that term!

*doing the "got an A" dance* :bananna-demon::happy-cheerleaderkid:

I really wish Lori's fan girls would listen to a real godly mentor like Joyce Meyer. If they read here I hope they listen to her sermon on her abuse. (Warning could be triggering. I didn't listen to the entire thing, I've heard her speak about her abuse before).

But even if the fan girls listen to the first 25 seconds of this sermon: 

She says 

...All types of abuse is damaging. Anytime we are misused or used for a purpose other than what God intended us for is damaging.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Can we all just take a collective sigh of relief that Lori did not become a pastor's wife? 

I think if that had happened she might have been a lot like Zsu Anderson.

May I go back to Ken and Lori's house for a minute?

I'm sure it is a beautiful home in quite a nice neighborhood. Normally, I'd be happy for someone to live in such a house. I think Ken came from a family who did not have much, financially speaking. If it was his goal to work hard and have a nice house, give his children more than he had, etc. he certainly achieved that. Again, if this happened to a friend of mine, I'd admire his hard work and ability to achieve a goal. 

But. 

This is Ken Alexander,  who has said that hunger is not a real issue and, even if it was, starvation is not such a painful way to die. This is a man who tried to convince his readers moleststion among siblings is normal. This is a man who can't fathom why a woman would need to move into a shelter to protect herself from an abusive husband. This is a man who has suggested that IF a woman left her husband because of abuse, she should pop in every few days to cook and clean for him. 

Finally, I think this is a man who gave up his dream to be a minister because his spoiled shrew of a wife could not live below a certain financial level. He knew what she was like before they got married - they fought constantly from day one - yet he married her anyway. 

All that to say, there are some really ugly people with really ugly beliefs living in that beautiful home. 

I read that blog post and she's so right. It seems that some Christians want to make marriage hard. Oh hell no. Nope. And they just make it hard by first, marrying someone they're really not suited to, second, trying to fit their square pegs into round holes and third, believing the bullshit that is pushed by some idiots

Yes, there are hard times in marriage...like the author of the blog post was saying about the house her husband wanted and she didn't. Yup, gets rough there. 

I think I'm the queen of rough times in marriage...the first 16-17 years were pretty much hell. Thing is, we both kept remembering that whole "until death do us part" thing...and then there was him hearing the loud popping noise of his head coming out of his ass. 

Ok I just happen to stumble upon her fb page cause I liked jillrod page... I read one post about how it's a sin for women to work outside the home and the way she is my voice is God's voice made me want to rage vomit. She is a selfrightious bitch. I so wanted to comment on her page letting her know how i feel about her... she is a freaking psycho! I do not want to go down this rabbit hole. I don't think the rescue ferrets could save me. This woman is pure evil... if her god is the only God I would be scared of religion all together. 

1 hour ago, j-rin said:

I don't think the rescue ferrets could save me.

Don't worry! With so many of us down there the ferrets started having a quiverful family.

1 hour ago, j-rin said:

She is a selfrightious bitch.  [...] ... she is a freaking psycho!

:Yes:

+ one of the worst hypocrites. :angry-teeth:

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

This is a man who has suggested that IF a woman left her husband because of abuse, she should pop in every few days to cook and clean for him. 

Wow! That's new to me. What's the reason for this epic logic fail? I'm not yet touching the moral dimension of that.

1 hour ago, j-rin said:

This woman is pure evil... if her god is the only God I would be scared of religion all together. 

That's the thing I really don't get. If her God is the only way to be Christian, I would turn away completely. Yet some women hang in every post despite the hatred and contempt and lack of compassion. There's really nothing Christ-like about Lori. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived