IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

I figure she wrote this doodle so if she is ever accused of having caused damage to anyone, she can point to it and say, "See? I never claimed I knew everything and I told people to search scripture and come to their own conclusions." It's sort of like how she has that half-baked post on abuse that she points to every time someone asks about marriages with abuse in them. As much as I would love to see a genuine heart change in Lori, my guess is that it's nothing more than CYA.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, could be.

And that makes me even sadder - for both her and her readers.

@AlwaysDiscerning - I didn't read that as a way of her admitting she may be wrong. I think this is her excuse for when people do not agree with her. Saying, "I don't know everything" is an easy way out. If she were to say, "I was wrong," that would show more humility and a spirit of learning, inquiry, and potential change. Lori embodies none of these. If she truly was learning from her mistakes she would neither delete comments in which people do not hold her agenda, nor write articles about other women who are pastors or teachers that she vehemently disagrees with.

I'm sick of this bitch...I wake up every fucking morning with a headache...I'm fucking over it. This bitch needs a serious ass kicking back into reality. I volunteer. I'm hurting, out of pain meds (no insurance, no doc, no meds) can't sleep for shit and seriously OVER HER BULLSHIT. 

And...I'm very sad right now. I'm watching the History of the Eagles documentary and keep thinking that Glenn Frey died...and for some reason it really hurts. What a talent...I've loved the Eagles as long as I can remember. I've played and sang so many of their songs over the years...

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I don't know if it would be Pastor Jay, but seems a sign of some other type of intervention perhaps from family. It really is unlike her and its a sorta apology without saying "I apologize" because she isn't quite there yet. Those words are too strong. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Lori tried to get Ken to white knight her and he wasn't up to it and he told her to give an apology.

This kind of reminds me of the parable of the sower.

Reader:

My father saved and financed a college education for both of my brothers and myself. He felt very strongly about all of his children having a college degree, especially me, his daughter. And, when I graduated from college, tears of joy flowed from his eyes!
I attended a state university, and became involved with an on campus ministry. I made people there that today, 25 years later, I remain in contact with and consider them to be my dearest friends. My faith grew considerably, by leaps and bounds, and I learned much more about God, His Word, and His plans for my life. Even though I heard some things taught in college that I did not agree with, I was strong enough in my faith to know truth from a lie.
College taught me MUCH more than what I learned in class through books and assignments. My parents weren’t close by, and at that time, there wasn’t a bank on every corner that my father could go to and send money to me. I learned how to completely trust God to meet every single need. He surprised me in countless ways during my college years. Not only did I earn a Bachelor’s Degree, I came to know God in a more intense and personal way. I grew more in college than I did at any other time of my life so far. And, everything I learned during those college years has continued to impact my life today.

Lori's father also insisted on a college education for his daughters.  He financed it as well.  

Unfortunately, when you are a spoiled princess who wants others to "serve" you, you don't really get much out of college...

Lori Alexander:

I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes. I can’t remember any of my professors

Am I a smarter mother because I went to college? I don’t think so.

Gotta agree with her there.  Congratulations, Lori.  You attended college for 5 years, and aren't any smarter than the day you graduated high-school.  You must be so proud...

Well nevermind what I said earlier she is back on fb saying 

They want to shut down all who teach the truth of God's Word because they hate Him and His truth. This is the bottom line. They want to be their own gods and live how they want to live.

No, Lori, we searched the bible and came up with our own truth and convictions just like you said to do. I personally don't want to shut you down and I doubt many here do.  So yet again she is saying here if you come up with a different interpretation than her you are living by your own God and hate God. 

From Saturday's post:

The next words that preacher man spoke lodged in my heart.

He said, “I don’t know who you are but God told me to tell you to just keep rowing.”

In the past, when Lori has had readers tell her that God "told" them something, she would firmly rebuke them and say that God only speaks through his word.  

I guess it's okay for God to "tell" someone something if Lori approves of the message he's sending...

Lori Alexander (Feb. 14, 2017):

Don’t listen to someone who claims, “I heard from God and this is what He said…” Shun this type of teaching and go to the Word and learn from the Lord. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, EowynW said:

Maybe it's too late for me I find a calling or passion, but over my dead body will any of my future girls grow up like I did

Eowyn, don't fall into the "it's too late for me" trap.  Take a career aptitude test, look up stuff that interests you, look up some more.  I trained for one profession, got nowhere for 12 years, and finally went for nursing school.  If you're near a community college, stop by and make an appointment with a faculty advisor.   There's a whole world of possibilities and you are smart and hard working--let those qualities help pay you what you're really worth.

8 hours ago, saintmom said:

Her farts must be epic.

Dayumm, everything about this evil walking lump of protoplasm is epic and not in a good way.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

From Saturday's post:

In the past, when Lori has had readers tell her that God "told" them something, she would firmly rebuke them and say that God only speaks through his word.  

I guess it's okay for God to "tell" someone something if Lori approves of the message he's sending...

Lori Alexander (Feb. 14, 2017):

Yes, that was my first thought when I read that post, too. The whole "God told me to tell you" thing really irks me. I'm also really torn about that post. Part of me thinks it is a really sweet testimony, but the other part of me, the part of me that was once in an abusive marriage where my husband DID hit me, wants to get inside the computer and slap her upside the head. If she had listened to her family and got out much sooner, the whole thing may have been resolved much sooner. I'm sorry but staying with your husband when you're scared of him is just stupid. Yes, I know all the reasons why women stay, I stayed for far too long myself. Leaving takes a huge amount of strength. But she had support, it reads like she had a whole army of people who would have helped her leave and be safe. And getting pulled over by a cop for speeding is a bit different to God "sending an officer". I mean, it's good that the cop arrived, but cops patrol roads and catch speeding drivers, it's their job. It wasn't like he just fell randomly from the sky.

I'm really glad that she got the help she needed, but at the same time, her stubbornness is being glorified on a blog read by hundreds (thousands?) of women, and some of them may be in similar situations. They need to be encouraged to get out, not "keep rowing". Where I live, women are regularly killed by their partners in domestic violence situations. Abusive men don't change because their wives "keep rowing." Abusive men change because they make a conscious decision to do so. The woman needs to keep herself and the children safe in the meantime. And, in my experience, separation with the hope of reconciliation provided the catalyst needed to spark the change. 

4 hours ago, KDA said:

Yes, that was my first thought when I read that post, too. The whole "God told me to tell you" thing really irks me. I'm also really torn about that post. Part of me thinks it is a really sweet testimony, but the other part of me, the part of me that was once in an abusive marriage where my husband DID hit me, wants to get inside the computer and slap her upside the head. If she had listened to her family and got out much sooner, the whole thing may have been resolved much sooner. I'm sorry but staying with your husband when you're scared of him is just stupid. Yes, I know all the reasons why women stay, I stayed for far too long myself. Leaving takes a huge amount of strength. But she had support, it reads like she had a whole army of people who would have helped her leave and be safe. And getting pulled over by a cop for speeding is a bit different to God "sending an officer". I mean, it's good that the cop arrived, but cops patrol roads and catch speeding drivers, it's their job. It wasn't like he just fell randomly from the sky.

I'm really glad that she got the help she needed, but at the same time, her stubbornness is being glorified on a blog read by hundreds (thousands?) of women, and some of them may be in similar situations. They need to be encouraged to get out, not "keep rowing". Where I live, women are regularly killed by their partners in domestic violence situations. Abusive men don't change because their wives "keep rowing." Abusive men change because they make a conscious decision to do so. The woman needs to keep herself and the children safe in the meantime. And, in my experience, separation with the hope of reconciliation provided the catalyst needed to spark the change. 

And sometimes, in my experience, separation with complete faith that there will be change and reconciliation does not work.  Not everyone is capable of changing.  I had several serious problems with the story also, especially the glorification of staying when things are bad and people who love you are advising you to leave.  She seemed to be saying that people were giving her poor advice and, in some cases, telling her to "sin" and disobey, while her "godly friends" told her to obey God and stay.   Any woman in an (emotionally or physically) abusive relationship who is reading Lori's blog for advice wants desperately to believe that change will happen if she's patient and prays.  Those women have been rowing the boat way too long already. 

And, if you need the police, don't just pray for them. Call them. 

One of my FB friends "follows" Lori. I wonder how she is going to react to today's post. This FB friend would probably fall into the category of "trying to act Jewish". She doesn't celebrate Christmas and Easter anymore, instead she celebrates Jewish feast days. (which, whatever floats your boat, but her sanctimony about it is pretty grating.)

4 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Seriously this. Seriously. 

Seconded. Their phone number is still 911 (at least here on our side of the pond).

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived