IGNORED

Lori Alexander 29: Gossiping about Gossip

Coconut Flan

Interesting! Looks like Lori deleted this from the fb comments along with some positive ones 

They want to shut down all who teach the truth of God's Word because they hate Him and His truth. This is the bottom line. They want to be their own gods and live how they want to live.

Why would she do that?  I commented on that comment just last night and now its gone. 

Well then again, its showing up on my phone. Just not my laptop.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I saw a screen shot on here of a woman who posted a reply to a man on the blog asking if a husband wanted a wife to participate in child sex abuse then she needed to submit. The man answered yes, a wife needs to submit in all things to her husband.

Did I dream that? I was looking on the blog for the comment but can't find it or I skimmed past in.

I believe it was Dave, commenting on one of her total submission rants. You didn't imagine it, although I don't recall if he said the wife had to participate or if she just couldn't interfere. :P

17 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I believe it was Dave, commenting on one of her total submission rants. You didn't imagine it, although I don't recall if he said the wife had to participate or if she just couldn't interfere. :P

He didn't really answer he just said "she does not have the right to disobey"

On 9/16/2017 at 4:44 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Arguing over the definition of gluttony.  Of course Lori is right as her definition comes from the 1828 dictionary.

It hurt my brain to read that interchange. Is the idea that if we all pretend hard enough, we'll time-warp back to the 19th century or something? 

On 9/15/2017 at 3:15 PM, CelticGoddess said:

The woman who demo'd the Norwex wiped raw chicken on the counter, then proceeded to wipe the counter with the cloth, wiped her hands then put her fingers in her mouth.  Can you say Russian roulette?

You couldn't pay me enough to do that. :puke-front: Reusable cleaning cloths don't have to be nasty... if people wash them regularly! 

8 hours ago, LizzieDawn said:

And sometimes, in my experience, separation with complete faith that there will be change and reconciliation does not work.  Not everyone is capable of changing.  I had several serious problems with the story also, especially the glorification of staying when things are bad and people who love you are advising you to leave.  She seemed to be saying that people were giving her poor advice and, in some cases, telling her to "sin" and disobey, while her "godly friends" told her to obey God and stay.   Any woman in an (emotionally or physically) abusive relationship who is reading Lori's blog for advice wants desperately to believe that change will happen if she's patient and prays.  Those women have been rowing the boat way too long already. 

And, if you need the police, don't just pray for them. Call them. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your experience. No offense at all was meant by my comment.  You are absolutely right - not everyone is going to change, no matter how much we might want them to. In that situation, I believe we have no choice but to cut our ties and move on the best we can.

To be honest, when I left my husband, I actually didn't have any faith at all that there would be change or reconciliation, but I made it clear to him right from the start that the door to reconciliation was always open, when he had sorted out his shit. But I was fully prepared to go it alone, if he chose to stay the way he was.

I read Lori's blog for a long time while my marriage was abusive. I was that woman you described who had been rowing the boat way too long already. My sister begged me more than once, in tears, to leave. She was willing to come and get me and my children, she was willing to pay for everything. I turned her down far too many times. I was following Lori's advice, believing, hoping, praying, it would work. It did not. 

Today's post brought to you by: The Horse of TRUTH! :roll:

I won't even pretend that I am going to read it all, because...well, Ken.  Does anyone ever read all of Ken's ramblings?  I did notice this right off the bat, though:

Ken:

The egalitarians are now going verse by verse to wrest (pry, dislodge, yank, and remove) the scriptures to try to undermine the traditional Biblical theology that God intends male leadership in His church and in the marriage. 

The egalitarians, he says?  Interesting, because when he was here he said:

It might surprise you too that my marriage is very much egalitarian in the way it functions, and I like it that way.

Just keepin' it real....;)

Ken:

I would say that my wife would make a great teacher/preacher, except for throwing up on stage at the thought of doing something so completely against God’s Word.

Yes, there is no teacher quite like the one who can't allow questions from her students.  Even better is the teacher who relies heavily on confirmation bias, and frequently contradicts herself.

Also, Lori doesn't "throw up" at the thought of teaching men on her blog, so I don't see why a stage would be any different.

Ken:

I were God I would be far more lenient

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

Ken:

Yes, there is no teacher quite like the one who can't allow questions from her students.  Even better is the teacher who relies heavily on confirmation bias, and frequently contradicts herself.

Also, Lori doesn't "throw up" at the thought of teaching men on her blog, so I don't see why a stage would be any different.

Ken:

You know, even if you heavily proof text "I do not permit a woman to preach" there is still ample proof that women were praying and prophesying in the church. 

She loveessss being a teacher to men on her blog. 

Unfortunately Ken's logic is flawed to begin with: If women should not teach, Lori should never write.

“But I do not allow a woman to teach or be domineering over a man, but to remain quiet.”

her position of authority over me is one to be honored, but only outside the family and the Church.

Why does Lori blog/post on FB? Is she not talking about church or family matters? Even if she was a leader outside of family, she would not be allowed to tell anyone anything about family or church.

So as long as Lori continues her blog or social media activities she is not following Ken's line of thought. That would be fine, as long as she wouldn't pretend to believe it and women have to submit to their husbands.
To sum it up: Lori: Shut up, your husband has spoken. As long as you don't work outside your home, you'll better remain quiet. 

Ken: "Sure, go ahead and talk to me about Deborah and a couple other exceptions, and let me remind you that not a one of them was a religious leader."

Me: I CAN'T TALK TO YOU ABOUT ANY OF THOSE EXCEPTIONS BECAUSE YOUR ARROGANCE IS TOO LOUD :my_dodgy:

Lori as a great teacher...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *deep breath* AAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Okay. I'm good, I'm good.

Lori has short term memory problems, can't handle questions, and is lazy. Those are fabulous qualities for a teacher to have.

@Kenmay have broken up his trademark Wall o' Text into paragraphs, but it's no less bullshit. I know he doesn't give a shit about Jesus, but it's pretty hard to ignore the way that Jesus elevated women. "Oh, but he didn't have a woman disciple!" He only had 12, dipshit, and one of them wasn't all that fabulous.

And I just can't even with this:

If we someday have a law that only women can be leaders in the work place I will joyfully follow my woman manger as I have in the past, and give her all the respect and hard work that I can possibly give.

Your hyperbole is noted and dismissed.

Whew! What a weekend, go out hunting with the kids and extended family pictures and come back here to 6 new pages of LA and nothing new. Shocked, I am not! I keep hoping all the Lori Fan girls wake up one day and realize that Lori Alexander is never learning and is not a transformed wife and is actually always hating. I also can't wait for the day that @Curious says she did the book review of the book. :)

My mom posted this article on her f/b this weekend: https://momminghard.com/i-dont-help-my-wife-you-shouldnt-either/  of course Lori will say since we don't know the author it can't be a Christian. This article I think spells out what majority of us say on the threads- spouses are to be partners.

Ken:

If we someday have a law that only women can be leaders in the work place I will joyfully follow my woman manger as I have in the past, and give her all the respect and hard work that I can possibly give. She may well be more talented and gifted, or a better leader than I am, and her position of authority over me is one to be honored

Oh, really? But Lori will still trash them on her blog, and you'll still mutter about the Whore of Babylon, right?

Ken:

there is a reason why the beast is ridden by the Harlot of Babylon. We do not know the full extent of why, but we know it relates to commerce and economics, and it would not surprise me to see the prediction of this young bachelor come true as we move past 50% of the work force made up by women. What looks so innocent on the surface, is at its heart a blow to the role and work of the male human who was not built to bear children and raise them. 

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I also can't wait for the day that @Curious says she did the book review of the book. :)

I swear it's coming.  I recently got back into drawing (vs just coloring in coloring books), so I'm a bit obsessed right now and most other stuff is taking a backseat.  I'll get over that before too long and get back to being able to multitask again :)

I think Loriken should just admit that the book they would prefer to guide their life  isn't the Bible, but The Handmaiden's Tale.

ETA Not just their lives, but ours too!

Ken Alexander:

Who are we to question God’s choices

Also, Ken:

if I were God I would be far more lenient

Also, Ken:

Note that Jesus’ request was even wrong

So to answer question #1, I don't know Ken, who are you to question God's choices?  You sure don't seem to have a problem doing it.

It must be a really interesting predicament, to be a Christian so bent on being right, that you have to say Jesus was wrong, and that you're more merciful that God.  But that's the corner Lori and Ken have painted themselves into.  They've been forced to minimize Jesus to avoid kindness.  They've been forced to elevate Paul to God status, to further their own agenda. They've been forced to create their own religion, and sell it to their readers under the name of Christianity.  Lori and Ken are heretics.

Just a note that Ken's post is actually a continuation of the smackdown against Marg. You can see it in the comments on the post about Marg's article. Marge pointed out biblical examples of Godly women teaching men and Ken got hissy and wrote today's post. Ken can never take going up against a strong woman. He needs to grow a pair of balls. (Then maybe he'd last more than ten minutes in bed)

On 9/16/2017 at 5:50 PM, jerkit said:

Jesus made Lori's salad. 

IMG_5223.PNG

I wonder if Jesús is in the country legally ... ???

What's the deal with the constant photos of what she eats? Who care? What is godly about marinated onions? This is the third frigging picture of those onions.

I make salad all the time (I'm currently eating tuna salad) and I never post it to my facebook. Maybe it's silly, but I just don't think it's interesting enough.

I made tomato sauce the other night (we had tons of extra tomatoes from our garden) and I was struck at how beautiful the fresh tomatos, onions, peppers and garlic looked in the pot. So colorful and bright and lovely. I mentioned this to my husband and kids. No one cared. So I certainly didn't  take a picture of it and bore my friends with it!  Plus, it would seem braggy to me (look at all the healthy food I cook, folks!) which would also be deceptive, since I love junk food as much as the next person.

I think she meant that he was a Middle Easterner - one of those the TT wants to ban? Would he pass the immigration controls that the Orange Nightmare wants to instal?

7 minutes ago, Hisey said:

What's the deal with the constant photos of what she eats? Who care? What is godly about marinated onions? This is the third frigging picture of those onions.

I make salad all the time (I'm currently eating tuna salad) and I never post it to my facebook. Maybe it's silly, but I just don't think it's interesting enough.

I made tomato sauce the other night (we had tons of extra tomatoes from our garden) and I was struck at how beautiful the fresh tomatos, onions, peppers and garlic looked in the pot. So colorful and bright and lovely. I mentioned this to my husband and kids. No one cared. So I certainly didn't  take a picture of it and bore my friends with it!  Plus, it would seem braggy to me (look at all the healthy food I cook, folks!) which would also be deceptive, since I love junk food as much as the next person.

God loves her more and dispenses special insight to Lori because she eats Big Salads.  Her husband loves her more because she is more submissive than you, and  makes him big salads that he loves so and requests and...oh - wait....never mind...

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived