IGNORED

Erin and Chad Paine 2: The higher the hair...

samurai_sarah

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Now that I've heard Spurgeon, Wilberforce and Heistheway, any other name sounds delightful to me.

There aren't that many names I don't like. I think it's because I like the name Beverly. It's so cute. And I liked Beverly Cleary books as a kid. When I really like a name and it's changed I think it makes me really dislike that name. 

Any time any of these fundies announce a pregnancy I feel very depressed. Not sure why as they're just doing exactly what they have been raised/brainwashed to do. 

At least Chad and Erin both seem to have some work ethic. :my_confused:

Is it bad that I screamed with happiness when I saw the pregnancy announcement? I can't help but be happy for them remembering all the miscarriages a couple of years back. Hope she has a safe delivery and a healthy baby. 

Edit: not a fan of the name Everly (though there have certainly be worse fundie baby names) but hopefully they'll come up with a cute nickname for her as an alternative. 

I'm neutral about this announcement. I'm not "upset" with them because in a perfect world I would have 3-4 kids and if it works for them now then go for it. I just want it to be their choice, that they weren't surprised like they seemed to be with #2, and that the new and old babies are loved and cherished.

6 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I'm neutral about this announcement. I'm not "upset" with them because in a perfect world I would have 3-4 kids and if it works for them now then go for it. I just want it to be their choice, that they weren't surprised like they seemed to be with #2, and that he New and old babies are loved and cherished.

I don't understand why anyone is 'upset' about the 2nd generation Bates kids announcing pregnancies in the first place. The only couple who have yet to express any desire to be quiverfull are Michael and Brandon and they're infertile. I remember in a recent episode (I think season 6 episode 6) of BUB Erin stated that she didn't want 19 kids and she took it even further by saying she didn't want any number 'in the teens.' None of the Bates women are 'forced' into having as many kids as possible. Alyssa Webster is in complete control of her own fertility and she's clearly not opposed to some sort of BC.

I get that people are (rightfully) worried about Erin's blood clotting problem, but she's clearly is getting great medical care and is aware of the risks. Anyway, there's absolutely nothing concerning about young couples having 2-4 kids in a short amount of time even outside of fundieland. I think people should wait until they have a bit more than 3 kids before they start getting upset and assuming Erin wants to have 'as many as possible' until it kills her when that's not the case at all. 

35 minutes ago, stardust said:

Anyway, there's absolutely nothing concerning about young couples having 2-4 kids in a short amount of time even outside of fundieland.

THIS. I recently went to my 10-year HS reunion and was talking to a classmate of mine. She's almost 29 with a three year old, 1.5 year old, and one on the way. She said she and her husband are done after this one. They wanted between 2-4 kids close in age before 30 so they would have the physical energy/good health to take care of the kids. She is one of six and her husband is one of seven. They just wanted at least one of each gender but agreed to stop at four (for financial reasons). 

My mom had my sister and I in her 20s and we're only 18 months apart. She had that same age gap with her sister and they are still very close. Granted, when she realized she was going to be an empty nester at 45, she had my brother when I was 11 and my sister was 10. 

I'm okay with the name Everly. It's classy and feminine...and not a nickname name that is hard to take seriously once the kid's an adult. Although after looking it up on nameberry and seeing the meaning is "wild boar in woodland clearing" I like it slightly less. :pb_lol:  :pb_lol::pb_lol:

I'm a little surprised they're announcing again so soon (didn't Erin recently give pretty strong hints that she didn't want a ton of kids...?) but I guess there isn't really a foolproof method for them to prevent anyway.

Hoping for an easy pregnancy and birth, and lots of help with three little ones!

Erin is due around the same time as The Duchess of Cambridge. It'll be the third child for Duchess Kate, too.

I have a lot of hope that Erin will have a relatively easy pregnancy and birth and that they'll adjust to three kids well. With the possible exception of Michealla and Brandon, I'm convinced that Cherin are the most entrenched in the traditional Gothardism of the 2nd generation reality-TV-fundie families. They're super good at dancing around their beliefs (I'm thinking of the Instagram post where they address the Gothard scandal specifically), and frankly, I just can't with the Paine family anymore. They make me very rage-y.

That said, this is is super cynical of me, but I have to admit that I sort of came over here for the schaudenfreude of seeing everyone who treats Chad specifically as their pet fundy. Catching up on this thread really hasn't been like that! I need to wade out of the Duggar board more often, haha. This FJ reaction to a baby announcement is much more chill and down-to-earth.

10 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I'm okay with the name Everly. It's classy and feminine...and not a nickname name that is hard to take seriously once the kid's an adult. Although after looking it up on nameberry and seeing the meaning is "wild boar in woodland clearing" I like it slightly less. :pb_lol:  :pb_lol::pb_lol:

I'm a little surprised they're announcing again so soon (didn't Erin recently give pretty strong hints that she didn't want a ton of kids...?) but I guess there isn't really a foolproof method for them to prevent anyway.

Hoping for an easy pregnancy and birth, and lots of help with three little ones!

They didn’t announce all that early. Based off the due date given (April) she’s between 12 and 16 weeks along. Given her history, I’d say smart money is on her delivering around four weeks ahead of whatever her specific due date is - Carson and Brooklyn were both born at just over 36 weeks gestation. I’m guessing we won’t know a specific due date if they’re announcing only the month Baby is due (which is fine - they have no obligation to share.)

@stardustWhile it’s certainly possible the Websters are preventing, we have no proof. 

I think some people worrying are remembering Carson’s birth and how traumatic it was for Erin. That was due to a placental abruption though and not related to her clotting disorder. Others may be concerned about the risk of Erin bleeding out - however, as I (and others) said earlier she’s getting great medical care from Dr. Vick, she’s likely to give birth in the hospital again, and they know what to be prepared for. 

So I agree. I think people are genuinely concerned for Erin and for her family, but I don’t think it’s a dire situation or cause for more than mild concern at this point. The only thing that even remotely bothers me is that it’s another innocent kid being born into IBLP - but as far as IBLP families go this kid could have fared worse.

I don't believe ANY of the second-generation Bateses or Duggars are using any kind of birth control unless and until they come right out and say it. They may not all have children every 13-15 months like clockwork the way their mothers did, but that can have several reasons (longer breastfeeding, generally less fertile, or just genuinely "leaving it up to God" rather than humping like bunnies during the fertile window to maximize the chance of getting pregnant). Also, just because they say they don't necessarily want 10+ children doesn't mean they're doing anything to prevent it. They may just genuinely believe that God will only give them as many as they can handle, and for them, that number may be "only" six or so. That doesn't mean they will prevent pregnancies after baby number six. I think most of them will end up with around 8 kids like many of the quiverfull families who don't have Gil/Kelly's or Jim Bob/Michelle's superfertility. I would love to be proven wrong though!

5 hours ago, cherryontop said:

As for Erin, she's really tempting fate having babies so close together like this. She's got a great little family... why the rush to have more so quickly?

Because when you unplug your brain and think that it's all in the hands of Jesus anyway (or something along those lines) that's what happens. Fundie behavior has no rationality or logic whatsoever.

Still, I wish her the best in this pregnancy and for a healthy delivery. 

All I can honestly say is I hope they're healthy and safe. Chad worships Erin and they both look ecstatic.

My heart goes out to Michaela though. I know how she feels

I'm surprised that I really like the name Everly.  It doesn't remind me of Beverly, it reminds me of Evelyn, but it sounds more modern. They can call her Ev or Evey for short. 

I don't really like Hope and Paine together though -- when you say them it ends up sounding like Ho Paine. But that's a fairly minor gripe as far as fundie names go. 

I like that they don't seem surprised and overwhelmed like they did with Brooklyn. And I don't see anything wrong with Erin having a third child when they have 2 littles already. As terrible as their beliefs are, the child is wanted and they seem to be decent parents for fundies. It's more than a lot of kids get. I'll start to be concerned if we get evidence of blanket training or other abuse, or when Brooklyn and Everly get turned into sister-moms. 

I'm happy for them since they really love Carson and Brooklyn and had those miscarrige before them, but i was  hoping for a larger gap between Brooklyn and baby #3, anyway as others alredy says at least they have good prenatal care, give birth in medical structure and are way better than other fundy famelis. 

I'm happy for them. Three that close in age is what I have (then we stopped.) I like the name Everly. I think it sounds romantic.  To each his own with names.  Hoping for an easy pregnancy and delivery for her.  Safe baby and mama every time.  Am I surprised? No.  This is what she considers her purpose here on earth to be. She'll do it as long as she can.  I bet if you would have asked Kelly Jo back when she wouldn't have said 19.  They thought God would stop them at 6 or 7 I think.  Erin's going to keep going.  

My heart goes out to Michaella.  Erin is hard enough but assuming no problems she's about to see her much younger sisters get pregnant.  

Also, I think we will hear Whitney is pregnant soon.  She's going to get baby fever seeing Erin, if she's not already pregnant. 

My niece's name is Everly with a different spelling, and we usually call her Evie (pronounced both Eh-vee and Ee-vee depending on our mood), Ev, or Evs. I love my niece, so I like the name choice for Erin and Chad as well. 

I'm not surprised at the announcement, and I think I had been subconsciously expecting it to come from them soon. Erin has been pretty quiet on social media, so I figured another pregnancy announcement was inevitable in the near future. 

Chad loves Erin soooo much that he keeps getting her pregnant even though she's high risk. Ridiculous. Hope she has a safe delivery this time and the 300 times next.

8 hours ago, TatertotAsserole said:

THIS. I recently went to my 10-year HS reunion and was talking to a classmate of mine. She's almost 29 with a three year old, 1.5 year old, and one on the way.

One of my former resource students from 11 years ago just requested to be my friend on facebook. She's 23 and just had her 5th daughter. She pm'ed me that the father of four of them (numbers 1,2, 4 and 5... I did not ask!) is currently in jail for failure to pay child support on some of his 11 children. He's a ripe old 25 year old. 

I just can't. 

7 hours ago, Mela99 said:

My heart goes out to Michaela though. I know how she feels

I know. That's just heartbreaking. She appears to be such a genuinely kind person. And just over the moon about her nieces and nephews. 

How can someone manage to look after 1 baby+2 toddlers while teaching music lessons? No way. For teaching music, the house must be quiet. And even the most trained toddlers are noisy.

So maybe Erin is against day care centers, but I'm sure these kids are spending lots of time in Bates House. 

What I mean is that Erin, like most working moms, needs kids off in working hours. This or eventually stop working, but she stated her job was very important and she had lots of pupils. I understand and respect this, but she's not a SAHM and probably if she hadn't babysitters, she'll stop breeding. I see her like a sweeter Kelly, the kind of people that manages to be the queen and chooses the way that work better for them.

16 hours ago, metheglyn said:

And, of course, People got some stuff wrong as usual. At least they got both Erin and Chad's ages right this time (the article that claimed Anna was only 19 when she had Mason comes to mind), but it says she's the second oldest. How hard is that to fact chat, seriously? Second oldest daughter, yes. But third child. Why are these mags *always* wrong somehow?

Eh, I actually like that they're wrong so often. It means that the people writing the articles are well aware of the fact that they're writing about D-list celebrities and only write the articles to earn their living. If it was something really important or if they covered someone who is actually news worthy, they probably would fact check before printing. :BLAZER:

On the other hand, you'd expect people to take pride in their work and do thorough research.

I think people are upset because they don't want anymore fundies around. 

I quite like the name Everly, not sure how well it goes with Paine though.. 

But Everly sounds nice and fits well with her siblings' names, though I had hoped for something ending in n. 

21 hours ago, stardust said:

IAnyway, there's absolutely nothing concerning about young couples having 2-4 kids in a short amount of time even outside of fundieland. I think people should wait until they have a bit more than 3 kids before they start getting upset and assuming Erin wants to have 'as many as possible' until it kills her when that's not the case at all. 

Yeah, I'm an atheist and I had all three of my kids before my 29th birthday. Married at 22. First kid at 24, second at 25, 3rd right before I turned 29. My baby will be 21 when I turn 50.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived