IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

40 minutes ago, nst said:

then they can't show us how amazing Jill is going through 70 hours of labour. The same women can't pull a Kourtney Kardashian unless she sews herself in half

They didn't show that last time either. It was just bits and pieces edited together and tada Izzy! ;) 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

With the recent Straight Outta Compton film I'm sure a lot of young people are fairly familiar with N.W.A.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that movie. Shows how in touch I am lmao

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It's all extremely odd and out of character for the Duggars who love to show off their newest blessing. I think we are missing a huge piece of the puzzle and that piece is whatever happened during Samuel's birth. That seems to have been where the trouble started. 

Yeah, the whole thing is odd.  Jill and Derick didn't show up to the end of the season interview. We'll see if the birth is even mentioned this season. Or is he going to suddenly show up with baby Sam in Jill's arms without any details about the birth? I don't think Derick wants to be criticized at all-- about their missionary work, about Sam's birth, etc and he's slowly pushing TLC away.

On 9/11/2017 at 5:55 PM, faraway said:

There is something absolutely wrong with Derick, wonder how long it will take us to figure it out. My money's on him imploding within the next few years.

I think he's just pissed he can't go back to SCA. He's throwing an adult tantrum. He never once seemed to care about Jill's feelings or the safety of either of their children. Something forced his hand.  Now he's acting out. I bet the family rallied against him. His mom did not agree with these travels. I am sure she was on team stay home. They found him another mission to keep him active.

Now he's all torn about. He thinks Jill is a brat (she probably is) and he's mad that she won this particular battle.

I was on the fence mostly about whether something happened during Samuel's delivery, but the fact that molesting, cheater Josh got a magazine cover for his new baby and Jill didn't has pushed me onto Team Something Happened.  It could be as simple as complications for mom and/or baby that Jill doesn't want to get grief for after everything that happened with Izzy's birth or something as horrible as an emergency hysterectomy, but I really think something went down and sent the Dillards into virtual hiding.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:25 AM, Ilovebrownies said:

wtf?

What a turd.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:46 AM, Gillyweed said:

Calling Christianity exclusive completely misses the main point of Jesus' gospel. 

Please tell him that :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

In my country no one uses scratch mittens. That's an American thing. It is discouraged here. Why do Americans have so many 'extra' things? Scratch mittens, eye drops, suctioning. 

My mom said to just leave the stroller with the car seat basket and just carry the baby in to his appointment. The pediatrician's eyes just popped out of her head. "Does he have a car seat?"

My grandmother was aghast at my baby shower and said, "We had babies without all this STUFF!"

Yeah, God forbid someone put mittens on their baby to stop it from scratching its face, or use simple and harmless medical interventions to prevent infection or disease. And how crazy to get all this stuff that is technically unnecessary but may improve the infant and parents' quality of life. Oh those stupid Americans!

On 9/11/2017 at 6:15 PM, onekidanddone said:

I'm sure the NFL is going to close up shop now that Dertwit isn't watching. No Derick, exercising freedom of speech is not un American. We don't (yet anyway) live in a country which makes the Anthem mandatory. You want that go to North Korea. 

It would blow his mind that not only do the Titans stand during the anthem; they also have trained with the 101st Airborne and have a section filled with service members every home game. One player is a strong advocate of the USO, Another lost his brother in Afghanistan.

Also The Titans and the opposing team hold a prayer circle after the game.

So Derrick, maybe learn the facts before you open your mouth!

32 minutes ago, Rio said:

My grandmother was aghast at my baby shower and said, "We had babies without all this STUFF!"

My parents have started saying the same thing the last few years. I keep teasing them that now officially sound like their parents, who kept saying that though my childhood. They even end each "we had babies and never had this stuff" with "And yet our kids managed to make it to adults" or "our kids turned out okay" or "your still alive".  

I too believe it is just a little too coincidental that both TLC and people mag are pulling their hands of the Dillards. So while I won't second guess the health of a tiny baby, I am curious about Derick's behaviour and also if Jill's tweets weren't meant for her personally but aimed at Derick. 

The mittens thing is a bit ridiculous. Jill puts scratch mittens on Samuel, people say "Why does she have mittens on him all the time? Is there something wrong with his hands?" If Jill didn't put scratch mittens on Samuel and he scratched his face "Look at his poor face. Doesn't Jill know that there are mittens to prevent that?" Seriously, can't win in this case. 

*Wouldn't include Derick in this because he's in the background mumbling "Jill, I have to tweet. Jesus said!" 

Well how hard is it to cut some fingernails? lol Use little scissors when they're asleep. They feel nothing. Easy. 

42 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Well how hard is it to cut some fingernails? lol Use little scissors when they're asleep. They feel nothing. Easy. 

Yeah I really don't understand how you could cannibalize your face if your nails are cut down totally to where they meet the skin. There just isn't the surface you need for a scratch. My son was a scratcher too, and I would cut his nails super short and never had an issue once I started doing that. But you have to be super diligent in keeping them short every 3-4 days max.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Samuel. I do think something went terribly wrong with the delivery. Who knows what happened to Jill. They are obviously not willing to talk about it at all and I think will just go on pretending that Samuel was brought home by a stork.

8 hours ago, Rio said:

My mom said to just leave the stroller with the car seat basket and just carry the baby in to his appointment. The pediatrician's eyes just popped out of her head. "Does he have a car seat?"

I didn't have a bucket type of car seat, so I had to take her out every time and plop her in a stroller.  Of course she was 18 months when we became a family.

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Yeah I really don't understand how you could cannibalize your face if your nails are cut down totally to where they meet the skin.

My brother had very, very bad infantile eczema. His nails were cut almost to the quick virtually daily, but he still managed to scratch - and pulled off mittens. He ended up with his arms splinted, and the splints tied to the side of the cot - district nurse's advice. 

But that was in 1946.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Pretty hard in my case. ;)

I was crap at it, and dreaded doing it. 

MiniCoveredInBees was one of those "If I'm awake, I'm screaming" babies, so I wasn't going anywhere near her if she was sleeping ;) 

Okay this is a timely topic! Can I ask your advice? I've never had kids before and I'm putting together a registry for my first. I was going to register for a pair of those mittens, but then I read that the sensory input of baby's being able to touch with their hands in their first days is very important since they had unlimited access to their hands in the womb and that makes sense to me. So just cut or file the nails and skip the mittens is my plan. Do you parents think I should have a pair just in case? I realize I could probably use a pair of socks if I felt like I needed to.

Some babies nails are sharp no matter how much you trim them - that's how my daughter's nails are. Filing is more challenging as it can sand down the delicate skin so I only attempted that a couple of times. If my daughter had been tolerant of mittens on her hands, I'm sure I would have kept them on for months, as she scratched herself silly. 

Also, why wouldn't parents use modern conveniences to make their own and their babies' lives easier? My goodness, a nose suction - those have been around for a long time, and frankly, I would feel like an asshole letting my baby just deal with a stuffy nose on their own when I could easily suction the mucus out.  

@Eternalbluepearl I also recently put together a registry for my first (well, my first and second since we're having twins). I wasn't sure about mittens either, but ended up putting two pairs on there anyway. They're quite inexpensive, but I'd hate to want them and not have them once the boys are here.

5 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Okay this is a timely topic! Can I ask your advice? I've never had kids before and I'm putting together a registry for my first. I was going to register for a pair of those mittens, but then I read that the sensory input of baby's being able to touch with their hands in their first days is very important since they had unlimited access to their hands in the womb and that makes sense to me. So just cut or file the nails and skip the mittens is my plan. Do you parents think I should have a pair just in case? I realize I could probably use a pair of socks if I felt like I needed to.

Congratulations on your baby! You might as well get a pair of the mittens - if I remember correctly, they usually come in packs of 2 or 3. The one thing I would definitely get are gowns that are open on the bottom, but there's elastic around the opening so it keeps the baby's legs tucked in and cozy. Those are nice during the newborn phase when the baby wakes up frequently and you're changing diapers all the time in the night. Most of these types of gowns (and a lot of newborn and 3m size clothing in general) have flaps on the sleeve openings which you can tuck down to keep the baby's hands inside so they can't scratch themselves. Truthfully, you probably won't need to use the flaps or mittens for long, but they're nice to have in the first few weeks. Another thing I'd register for a lot of are several crib sheets and a lot of burp cloths - I knew babies spit up, but I was genuinely surprised by the amount! 

I think that the concept of the car seat then fitting into a stroller was the best thing in the entire world!! Didn't have it until my third then it was "invented".

What he's referencing: "Everyone has to get good at one of two things; Planting in the Spring or Begging in the Fall."

...like, dude, self-awareness is at an all-time low. You are literally begging in the fall.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived