IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

(What is Derick trying to overcompensate for on twitter? His own queerness?)

I'm pretty sure the LGBTQ+ community wouldn't want him. 

Why? Because he's unhappy and he wants to lash out. 

Not surprised to see that Derick's once again targeting transgender children in particular. The way that he consistently channels his bigotry toward the most vulnerable members of whichever groups he deems "unclean" is gross.

And have the (extended) Duggars been endorsing the FRC much since Joshley was sacked, or is this unusual?

Re: Muslim family: I suspect that rather than directly implying that "Muslim" ≠ "American" (though they probably do believe that too) it was a non-American family, hence the "American food" comment, and the "Muslim" part was to show that it was a Ministry Opportunity.

I hate the way Christian groups go after international students at the UofA (and other colleges, I would assume). They act really friendly but just see them as potential targets for conversion. Even I experienced that to an extent, and I still considered myself Christian when I started college. There are so many campus ministry groups and they try to recruit freshmen especially. There were multiple times that people would be really friendly to me until they realized I wasn't going to join their Bible study and then they would just go after someone else. It feels really shitty when you realize that those people didn't actually care about you at all, they just saw you as a target.

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Why? Because he's unhappy and he wants to lash out. 

We certainly wouldn't want him, trust me. But if he is queer, we don't really have a choice. The whole "NO, no, NOT trans, definitely not trans, hate 'em, anything but trans", just sounds.. familiar. Queers sometimes do that to shut the closet door tighter, like "nope, not queer, hate the queers, how dare they, NOT queer, queer, queer" ya know?

If he is unhappy and wants to lash out, why not lash out at proper annoying/problematic people. Rapists, people that kick puppies, people that stop up in the middle of the sidewalk, bullies, etc etc. 

Usually the people most obsessed with sexual morality, especially the ones who seem really angry and passionate about it, are the ones who are the most sexually frustrated and insecure about their own sexuality. That doesn't mean they're necessarily secretly gay - that's only one of a plethora of possibilities. 

Derick makes me incredibly wary. He's getting more and more extreme, and has never seemed so angry, bitter and frustrated. Young white men who were raised to believe they're the bee's knees and can do and have whatever they want, and then realize that the world doesn't turn for them and not everyone adores them, tend to be dangerous. I'm not saying I think he's at risk for physical violence. I do think he's at risk for possibly putting his family through hell, either by having some kind of mental breakdown and making really poor decisions, or taking the pressure off Josh by creating his own scandal.

4 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

We certainly wouldn't want him, trust me. But if he is queer, we don't really have a choice. The whole "NO, no, NOT trans, definitely not trans, hate 'em, anything but trans", just sounds.. familiar. Queers sometimes do that to shut the closet door tighter, like "nope, not queer, hate the queers, how dare they, NOT queer, queer, queer" ya know?

Yes of course. I rather think that he's just another hateful Christian caught in an unhappy marriage. Those are very common as well. Too much, too soon and he got saddled with a life he didn't want. *

*No pity! He's a full grown man! 

I'm always amazed at the things Fundies focus on, and how often they're about sex. 

If it were me, and I were an evangelist in the USA, I'd be ALL about the way communities have come together in the wake of the huge natural disasters.  I'd play up the way people have taken in and supported the folks made homeless, the responses of churches and communities, and the volunteers who went to rescue people. 

I'd talk of loving one's neighbour, barriers torn down as people helped each other, and link that to Jesus.  And I'd talk about how it's not just in the disasters that we can help each other, and talk about the everyday, quiet acts of service that everyone can do. I'd share things I see in my own church community, and maybe I'd talk about the volunteer programmes I was involved in, but in terms of "I am so inspired to be able to be part of this larger work" and promote the other people, rather than self-promoting.  I'd make it clear I didn't want thanks or praise, just to be able to follow Jesus' footsteps.  

But nooooooooooo, Derek wants to make people feel guilty about their sexuality, and set ridiculous standards.  I have at least 1 male friend who was really damaged by the way his church and religious school framed things - he felt like he was some kind of depraved monster, because he couldn't stop getting erections, having wet dreams, and he felt so, so guilty and dirty for masturbating.  All that purity stuff made him feel like his sexuality was dangerous and frightening, even though he's straight, because the girls were being told they had to hide themselves, because men are uncontrollable lustful beasts.

It makes me SO ANGRY!  But it's also so stupid.  I completely understand some people don't masturbate, but if his whole goal is ministering to university students etc, it's a bizarre thing to go in with. 

As for the Anti-Trans stuff - I'm not surprised in the slightest, but I'm so angry about it. 

Misery loves company.  I think Mr. Dillard rushed his marriage a little (or a LOT) so that he could have Christ-honoring sex with the girl he was interested in.  Instead of admitting that maybe that WASN'T the best way to go about it, he wants EVERYONE to have to wait for marriage for exploration so that his predicament becomes more normalized and he looks like less of a horny failure. 

Anecdotally, I tend to observe that those people who are happy and secure with their choices don't often offer unsolicited advice about them.  There's no reason to rehash something you're happy with, so they don't think about it.  But people who are INSECURE or unhappy with their choices feel the need to defend them unasked and to high heaven.  It makes them feel better.

56 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Just for future reference, the Transgender community really prefers that people don't use the term "transgendered." The "-ed" ending implies it's a choice to be Transgender, which it's not. :)

Other than that, anyone else getting bored with his weird hyperfocus on Transgender people? Seriously dude, get some new material.

I just copied the wording from the tweet--I do know that and I should have done better. My apologies!

I think the 40/80 rule, as most things in the Bible, has some rooting in life experience.

Baby boys, especially being circumsiced with no sterile circumstances, are less likely to live (survied infanthood) than baby girls.

Ergo you need to get creating to replace him faster than you need to replace her.  And 40 is a mystical number.

I was just looking at Jill's latest Instagram posts. She seems happy. And it's like the happier Jill seems, the more miserable and nasty Derick gets. Wtf is up with those two?

19 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I was just looking at Jill's latest Instagram posts. She seems happy. And it's like the happier Jill seems, the more miserable and nasty Derick gets. Wtf is up with those two?

I think it's likely because Jill is feeling safe and secure surrounded by family and the familiarity of home. She never appeared happy in CA. If anything, she seemed continually scared. I get the idea she spent a lot of time in their house alone with Izzy while Derick went about trying to "teach Catholics about th Gospel". It seems Derick is now the unhappy one because he is stuck in Arkansas. I think he would like to be a wanderer and not stay in one place long. Jill likely wants, and needs, to put down roots in one place and stay there. 

Ok, I don't have much to add to the conversation about Derick's heinous, obviously sexually frustrated tweets on 9-11 of all inappropriate days. But I can say that the replies back at him are HILARIOUS! I'm sure it's some of you all here :)....too funny #slapthatmeat

There is something absolutely wrong with Derick, wonder how long it will take us to figure it out. My money's on him imploding within the next few years.

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I just copied the wording from the tweet--I do know that and I should have done better. My apologies!

It's ok! I wasn't sure if you knew and just messed up the spelling a bit or not. I figured it was best to let you know either way. :) 

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She definitely seems more comfortable and at ease now. That photo of her with Izzy having hot chocolate is really cute - they both look so happy to have some quiet time together. And shockingly she made a fairly decent post to remember the 9/11 attacks. 

Add #blessed or #jesuslovesthemall to that post and she'd sound just like a Bates. :pb_lol:

(TAKE NOTES DERICK, THIS IS WHAT YOU POST ON SEPTEMBER 11TH!)

My personal theory is just that they have reliable internet access now. Jill is able to post more and show that she's actually pretty content, while Derick has his favorite platform for spreading his hate back.

Sweet Rufus Derdork!  Are you telling us you've you know...slapped that little monkey? And what is this "young men" thing? Do they really think women don't errr umm you know, take care of things themselves?

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Sweet Rufus Derdork!  Are you telling us you've you know...slapped that little monkey? And what is this "young men" thing? Do they really think women don't errr umm you know, take care of things themselves?

Only young men? What about older men and women? I know, they should be in a righteous marriage, fixing sandwiches or having sweet fellowship. (I always confuse those two.)

Derick is reminding me of what I learned in my queer studies seminar. 

Basically, beginning in the 19th cent began the idea homosexuality is an identity rather than an act. So institutions like science, government and the church began collecting impressive data and changing the way sexuality was talked about. Fast forward to the new rules of ''appropriate" sexual behaviour (it was very strict). Anything else was a disorder.

Congrats on being a product of historical discourse Derick!

Maybe try rubbing one out and reading some Foucault. 

(Sorry for being a nerd. I read a gross amount of dense philosophy this weekend. Also, this is a very basic and inexact summary )

He actually said "young people, especially young men," which I thought was interesting since it does imply women can masturbate too, which is something fundies often don't acknowledge.

cMc661m.png?1

Oh fuck off.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

We most certainly do not want him.

People like Derick are dangerous for our community. Or any community really!!!!

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

He actually said "young people, especially young men," which I thought was interesting since it does imply women can masturbate too, which is something fundies often don't acknowledge.

cMc661m.png?1

Oh fuck off.

I'm sure the NFL is going to close up shop now that Dertwit isn't watching. No Derick, exercising freedom of speech is not un American. We don't (yet anyway) live in a country which makes the Anthem mandatory. You want that go to North Korea. 

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

cMc661m.png?1

Oh fuck off.

:2wankers::2wankers:

It must be hard to be so self-righteous that you can't even get out of your own ass anymore.

I thought peaceful protest is about as american as it gets. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived