IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

23 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

Another photo of Samuel with mittens on. Have we seen him without them? He is over 2 months old now, they should cut his nails or file them down and let that baby explore with his hands. 

We had my nephew in those damn mittens for like 4 months. No matter how often you cut his nails he would claw at anyone and anything. Like deep gashes. He had a few on his face that took weeks to heal. He was also a funky baby. That kid wouldn't sleep unless it was like 40 degrees in the house. We would all be walking around in winter coats and he'd be really happy in his bassinet with blankies.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2017 at 11:35 PM, sndral said:

Meechelle sent out that robo call that set into motion the chain of events which brought Josh's molestation scandal into the open

What do you mean?

53 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

What do you mean?

A gay couple got mad at the robocall and just told in touch where to look to find the shit, as apparently, all of that crap was known in their area

In my country no one uses scratch mittens. That's an American thing. It is discouraged here. Why do Americans have so many 'extra' things? Scratch mittens, eye drops, suctioning. 

Anybody seen this? I guess Derick didn't get the joke. This was a reply to Derick's tweet that invited students in the NWA area to come to a youth fellowship.

For anyone who doesn't know, NWA was a rap group from California. Most famously known for "Straight Outta Compton". 

Other songs include "Boyz-N-The Hood" and "Fuck Da Police"

IMG_0329.PNG

So much second hand embarrassment. Oh man. Of all the people to play the role of 'cool youth minister' they chose... Derick Dillard.

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope Derick realized that was a joke....nah, he's an idiot. He probably didn't.

#StraightOuttaDuggarCult 

I miss Ben's Flame Days. They could have written sick Christian HipHop/Rap album... Straight Outta Hot Springs...

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

A gay couple got mad at the robocall and just told in touch where to look to find the shit, as apparently, all of that crap was known in their area

WoW! I didn't know that. Makes me want to believe karma is real.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope Derick realized that was a joke....nah, he's an idiot. He probably didn't.

#StraightOuttaDuggarCult 

I bet Ben would have gotten it.  I know Ben is drinking the same koolaid but if I were a teen looking to be saved and a cool youth pastor I would find Ben more appealing.  

I am still shocked at how things ended up.  I thought poor Jessa, she is getting a sniveling horny teen while Jill gets a man who has his act together.  HAHAHA the joke is on us.  Not that Ben is a catch but if I had to choose from the pond they get to look in Ben is definitely better than Derick.  I also think Alyssa did not do too bad in that department either.  John seems supportive as a father and husband to Alyssa to get out a bit and experience things.  Ben has taken Jessa a few steps outside of the sandbox she grew up in also.  Jill may have gone to Central America but she was in a protected area with limited exposure to the area.

Why are people complaining about Derick using the NWA abbreviation? Everyone in the area knows what it means, and the invitation was aimed at people in the area so it doesn't really matter if others don't get it.

6 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Why are people complaining about Derick using the NWA abbreviation? Everyone in the area knows what it means, and the invitation was aimed at people in the area so it doesn't really matter if others don't get it.

The one tweet complaining about it was silly, but I think the other tweets were just a funny way of making fun of Derick's dorkiness/cluelessness and the irony that NWA is also a gangster rap group. 

I don't think that they are going to show Samuel's birth. There was the blog post/instagram picture that was quickly edited and that was it. It was almost like Samuel fell out of the sky. :pb_rollseyes: 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think that they are going to show Samuel's birth. There was the blog post/instagram picture that was quickly edited and that was it. It was almost like Samuel fell out of the sky. :pb_rollseyes: 

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists ("Jill had a hysterectomy!" "She had a stroke!" "Samuel has Zika!!") but I do think it's really weird that they've been so quiet about his birth. Even Josh and Anna's latest got a magazine exclusive. Why not Sam? Why was everything so hush-hush? And I agree, it's looking like his birth probably won't be featured on the show. And then there was the fact that Jill and Derick skipped the 'after show' season finale, and Derick insulted one of TLC's other stars on Twitter. It makes me wonder if something's going on re: their contract with TLC. But why? :my_huh:

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It makes me wonder if something's going on re: their contract with TLC. But why? :my_huh:

It's all extremely odd and out of character for the Duggars who love to show off their newest blessing. I think we are missing a huge piece of the puzzle and that piece is whatever happened during Samuel's birth. That seems to have been where the trouble started. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

So much second hand embarrassment. Oh man. Of all the people to play the role of 'cool youth minister' they chose... Derick Dillard.

DJ BenBob would be a better "cool youth minister" that Derick.

Poor Derick, everytime I see NWA I think of the rap group, not Arkansas--and I'm middle aged and kinda frumptastic.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

#StraightOuttaDuggarCult 

Every time I see NWA music is the first thing I think of.  I had to learn from FJ it also meant North West Arkansas. Still every time Derdork says NWA I think.."Really?  I thought this music with a beat was ebil.

26 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think we are missing a huge piece of the puzzle and that piece is whatever happened during Samuel's birth. That seems to have been where the trouble started. 

I'll assume the risk of being called a conspiracy theorist (;)) and speculate whether it's possible that there was some kind of issue during labor (midwife obviously wasn't qualified, Jill was making clearly risky medical decisions, Jill/Derick/both being really slow to admit defeat and go to the hospital, etc), and a TLC crew member actually said something or encouraged the Dillards to change plans, thereby causing some kind of rift?

It seemed leading up to the birth like Derick and Jill were in a state of complete denial about the possibility of complications with Samuel's delivery. Jill kept emphasizing wanting a VBAC, Derick didn't see any problem with taking her back to Sintral Amuuurica and having no plan for if an emergency complication arose there, and Jill seemed very disappointed after the birth (Instagram posts, etc). I even remember Jill saying immediately after Israel's birth that the docs said she would have a good shot at a VBAC next time (or something like that). Not that being frustrated after a birth plan goes awry isn't valid, but I really got the sense like they were trying to will a VBAC into existence, and Jill hadn't come to terms with the alternative even after all those months. This makes me wonder how they handled the decision to finally go to the hospital...

57 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

then they can't show us how amazing Jill is going through 70 hours of labour. The same women can't pull a Kourtney Kardashian unless she sews herself in half

@Jinder RolesDerelict probably googled the name Eazy-E at the very least. I think he knows it was a joke, but is trying to be the cool hip youth pastor and appeal to his new college student flock. But like, if that's his game, he's even more embarrassing. Because none of the students he'll be working with were even born yet when NWA was at their height. He might also be trying to undo some of the "We LOVE Chinese!" damage. What a tit. :pb_rollseyes:

I'm sure some kids like classic hip hop, but damn, he's really not in touch with the youths is he? Besides, what's the point of pretending your hip if you're just going to tell those kids that their favourite music is sinful and forbidden anyway? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived