IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

15 hours ago, singsingsing said:

No one cares, you insufferable turd.

It was a Monday night double header -  his boycott was cancelled out by a few million.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Man who believes himself too special to work a job takes to Twitter to complain about how highly skilled, hard working professionals are ruining this country."

15 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

I am not sure what's made him so angry recently - I don't think he had that anger in him when we first met him. He doesn't have the personality or discipline to hide it, so I think that it's a more recent development. I wonder whether he found his mission "work" disappointing,

He Was Not hailed as a White Savior.

He Failed to convert people who were Already Christians. (I know, not the "right kind"

His wife turned into, not just a clinging  strangling vine, an absolute mess of a Terrified Person.

His oldest son turned into an Absolutely Normal Kid, which still disappointed him.

He lost his job as a "missionary."

He's angry, all right. He joined the Duggar gravy train, and it's not pouring gravy all over him.

Bad Choice, Dreck!

Derick was JB's prayer partner for how long? Meechelle sent out that robo call that set into motion the chain of events which brought Josh's molestation scandal into the open. Consider who Josh worked for pre scandal. What Derick spews is what these people believe & I think JB knew that before he introduced Derick to Jill. These people live in a fantasy world using magical thinking rather than logic. In their world they have Jesus to protect them, therefore they are blind to consequences a rational person could see coming a mile away. Jill's whole approach to childbirth is an example of this, IMO.

A rational person would think TLC is supporting around 36 Duggars so they better not be too vocal about stuff that might alienate the viewing public or TLC's sponsors because that might cause the gravy train to leave the station (ie the Bates approach.) Someone who is thinking magically believes that Jesus provides the TLC gravy train so that they can spread their version of fundamentalism thus Jesus will make sure the TLC money keeps rolling in. 

I think Derick may have always had anger, but he had to hide it. Now he is in an environment surrounded by like minded bigoted people and the King of his own little fiefdom so he's free to show his true fire & brimstone self. There are a lot of angry males out there, Derick just happens to cloak his self righteous white male rage in religious bigotry.

Time to trot out Gandhi's famous quote:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Just for you, Derrick.

What annoys me about D'wreck's twittering is how it reduces theological or political debate to 250 words or less, including hash tags.  D'wreck merely restates rather than explains the doctrine of Christian exclusivity by supporting his position with a few scripture citations.  If I were inclined to tweet back, I'd point out that his view is challenged by the doctrine of universal reconciliation, which can be supported by dozens of proof texts.   Twitter just doesn't lend itself to thoughtful discussion.  Now that I think about it, I can see why D'wreck tweets so much:  He isn't interested in discussion or thoughtful communication.  He's primarily interested in imposing his world view.  He doesn't mind provocation as a means of imposition.      

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

Calling Christianity exclusive completely misses the main point of Jesus' gospel. 

Yes! These people don't even understand how much they alienate with their beliefs! They have probably turned more people away from the gospel than they have brought to it.

Another photo of Samuel with mittens on. Have we seen him without them? He is over 2 months old now, they should cut his nails or file them down and let that baby explore with his hands. 

It is my belief that Samuel has some problem witn his hands that they will need to correct.   I was reading info on Zika and although many people just think of the babies with deformed head, it also causes deformation of the extremities such as club feet.

3 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Yes! These people don't even understand how much they alienate with their beliefs! They have probably turned more people away from the gospel than they have brought to it.

I kinda think they like it that way..........

It's very hard to be holier than thou if you've saved everybody ;) then it would go "Animal Farm" very quickly....... We're all equal but some people are more equal than others. 

29 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I kinda think they like it that way..........

It's very hard to be holier than thou if you've saved everybody ;) then it would go "Animal Farm" very quickly....... We're all equal but some people are more equal than others. 

My best friend's Mom is a very, very spunky lady with a colourful and rich life history. She raised her three kids after her husband left her to take up with a mistress in Europe (whom he'd kept going for over a decade - he was an executive and traveled "on business" a lot and handled the finances so easy to pull it off). Anyway, she had really had it with religion (yes, they were Christian, the kids were of course all baptized, went to Christian schools while the husband philandered) and religious folk trying to convert her and preach to her constantly about forgiveness and her headship when one day a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses came to knock on her door. So she said to them, "I thought that you believe that only 144,000 people will go to heaven? And you just told me that you are growing at warp speed and there are almost 10 million of you around the world. So it's definitely too late for me. And I figure probably for you too, no?" They were left speechless, no JW came back to her home ever.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

It is my belief that Samuel has some problem witn his hands that they will need to correct.   I was reading info on Zika and although many people just think of the babies with deformed head, it also causes deformation of the extremities such as club feet.

Do you have any evidence of this, other that the fact that he was conceived in Central America?  Do his hands look deformed in any of these (unmittened) pictures? http://people.com/tv/jill-derick-dillard-new-photos-baby-samuel/

As stated, it is just my belief or opinion.  

I raised my own kids, spend time now with friends that care for infant grandkids and never have seen a baby in mitts for weeks at a time.  Usually even first time  parents figure out how to cut or file nails after the first few weeks.

Jill and Derick take the kids out on a hot sunny day and don't have hats to protect the them, yet Sam hands are covered again?  Makes no sense to me.

But then again we are talking about Derick and Jill here and maybe baby Sam tried to grab his own penis and needs to be saved from the evils of masturbation.

It is just so odd to me.

I just checked out that linked post at Seven Sisters. Wait, on mission trips, you can do... VACCINE CLINICS?! And hand out... CLOTH DIAPERS?!?! And possibly... FUCKING HELP PEOPLE?!?!?!11?!?1?!? I think I'm going to faint.

In all honesty, what the hell did Derick think he was doing down there? I admit that the Jesus flavor of the Seven Sisters post isn't exactly to my taste, and I'm sick of the whole handing-out-crayons shtick, but at least she did something actually useful. In what universe could he possibly consider his proselytizing on street corners was superior to clinics, hygiene classes, and proper donations? I.. I just can't... my brain is going to explode with rage.

Also, what I do with my genitals is none of your god damned business, Derick. Oh wait, I'm a woman, I forgot that I'm not supposed to have sexual urges. I just need to submit to my husband when he wants the hey hey hey!

Ugh.

Well, if Austin continues to flip houses and make an income that will be really something. I will be impressed. I still want to know what Bin actually does. I do. 

Izzy had little gloves on his hands in nearly all his baby photos at the same age too (if I am remembering correctly). The same question came up then about the reason kid had gloves on. I don't have kids and I know very little about child rearing, but I thought the lil gloves were to stop his nails from scratching his delicate baby skin. I really don't think it is because there is anything wrong with Samuel's hands or a zika issue they are trying to hide.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, Carm_88 said:

Yes of course. I rather think that he's just another hateful Christian caught in an unhappy marriage. Those are very common as well. Too much, too soon and he got saddled with a life he didn't want. *

*No pity! He's a full grown man! 

I'll go so far as to guess that future pregnancies are unlikely and he either feels God had let him down or he needs to suck up to fundie/JimBobGod more. 

Also, are you-all aware that the dude he's following -- John Piper -- caught a lot of early attention by promoting "Christian hedonism"?  I have no idea what it means, other than being a cynical attempt at distinguishing himself within the herd of wannabe celeb-clergy.  The guy has "fake" written all over himself but folks idolize him. I said I had no idea what "Christian hedonism" means but I will say I think it's faux intellectual bs. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived