IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

I really don't understand why he opened up another round of donations when his attempt to do so just a few short days ago failed spectacularly.  Did he think the public had a change of heart in regards to his grifting?  Better yet, did he pray on it and then God said "Ask for donations, you lazy ass.  Amen."

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I really don't understand why he opened up another round of donations when his attempt to do so just a few short days ago failed spectacularly.  Did he think the public had a change of heart in regards to his grifting?  Better yet, did he pray on it and then God said "Ask for donations, you lazy ass.  Amen."

This made me laugh.  

Chicken pox and vaccines...my younger kids got CP in oh...I want to say 1993 or so. Oldest never got it. Got her shot up in either 1995 or 1996 (after that was the divorce and no insurance). I had CP as a teenager, I want to say I was 13-14 so 1977 or 1978. Never got reinfected from the kids when they got it. Grandgirls got shot up for CP when they had their before school shots (they lived with me when they started school). I have one scar on my nose...I guess I thought it was a zit and tried to pop it. 

Steaks: Scored 2 sweet t-bones from Smith's (Kroger owned) for 12 bucks. YUM!!! They were in the "sell by" bin and heavily discounted. They will be our Labor Day dinner. Marinated in a bit of lime juice, rice wine vinegar, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes and broiled to perfection, served with mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter and white wine. Damn...now I'm hungry again!!

The Dullards make me stabby as shit. We went to a planning meeting for a mission trip next summer to Mexico...2 weeks, work our butts off. Refurbish a children's home, building/rebuilding/refurbishing homes in the community. The nice part is a weekend at the beach...in return for 12 days of ass busting work. Hubby really wants to go, I'm not sure if I'll go...we'll see how my back is. We're dispatching a crew to Houston on Monday. One of the men of our church owns a construction company. He and one or two of his crews are going down to TX and joining up with another company there through a church in Beaumont. The church is taking donations (money) for storm victims but these guys are pretty much going down on their own dime. Not sure what they're planning to do, from what I've heard, it's mostly demolition right now and the flooding is still pretty bad. They'll still be doing more than Dullard and Klingon did in SCA for a year. 

***in a horrible, horrible mood right now, pissed off beyond reality at fucking neighbors and I'm out of my meds (and my medicaid got cancelled because we're over the income limit). No meds = depression masquerading as a horrendously pissed off mood. 

58 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

In that picture of Derick in Nepal, he looks healthy and happy. Wonder why he used that one instead of a more recent one. Wouldn't people be more impressed if he had a picture of himself preaching in SCA. I jest.

You mean the guy that recently tweeted a Bible verse saying "beauty is vain" sent/picked a good picture of himself while persuading people to give him money?!?

It makes me wonder if they vaccinate because of Cathy? Wouldn't that be a huge motivation for keeping preventable diseases at bay?

I was lucky to get CP twice. Thankfully very mildly both times. My poor brother wasn't so lucky. He had sores quite literally everywhere. Apparently even on his eyeball (I'm told, I was 6 at the time) I remember he was more pox than boy for a while. 

The first thing I noticed about the camping picture was that their multi-colored shirts form a rainbow. I wonder if Derick and these folks know what the rainbow is a symbol of. :laughing-rolling::laughing-rofl:

3 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

Have they actually read the bible? 

Probably not, at least not _all_ of it. They like to cherrypick the verses that suit their current grifting schemes, but leave out the unpleasent ones. And these are the very same people who claim to live according to how the Bible teaches! Hypochrisy, thy name is Duggar/Dillard.

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

We drove south on 5 from Washington yesterday. The smoke was so thick. We stopped at a rest area and it was hard to breathe. So many disasters.

I was really annoyed at whichever neighbor was burning brush in their backyard yesterday...until I realized it was smoke from the fire. I can't imagine what it's like further south. 

I am stunned at the stupidity of the Dillards.  They will never get it.  Did they think the response would be different this time?   

32 minutes ago, Ilovebrownies said:

I am stunned at the stupidity of the Dillards.  They will never get it.  Did they think the response would be different this time?   

I bet they was sure. You know last time was problem cause by the site not them 

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

We drove south on 5 from Washington yesterday. The smoke was so thick. We stopped at a rest area and it was hard to breathe. So many disasters.

Wild fires hit too close to home.  My husband's father and stepmother lost everything in a fast moving wild fire several years back. Pretty much had time to grab the strong box of papers and the dog.

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I wonder if Derick and these folks know what the rainbow is a symbol of.

Well duh! The rainbow is god's promise that he will never destroy the earth with water again. That's the only thing the rainbow means to fundies.

Bet the people of Houston would disagree. 

Hmm camping to prepare for missions/play missionary, or be like the Bates boys (who didn't grift for the money to go to Houston to my knowledge) and actually went to Houston to help where they were helpful? Decisions,  decisions.....

I think it would be really unlikely for them (pure charity) to pull the fundraiser because of negative comments...I'm sure they have a way to delete them. It's gotta be because Derek is violating their TOS somehow. 

4 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Aww! Isn't this nice of the Dillard's to wish us a Happy Labor Day! 

Well, Derick truly has shown that he is unwilling to work for "men."  

Ugh seriously? How does this turd have himself convinced that he deserves $6500? I know that he has been given a lot since TLC has been in the picture. That doesn't mean that things will always be that easy. He's a full grown man with a family, he shouldn't be worried about fake degrees. Derick needs help and not from the lord, from a psychologist or psychiatrist because something is not right. 

ETA: I know it's mostly that he's a douche but other then that! 

@feministxtian That food sounds delicious and it's really wonderful of your church to help! Sorry about the insurance situation, I feel you, in an insurance bind myself. I can't even look at facebook without becoming a wet mop, too many friends lost a lot or are in shelters. The beach house we went to for years and years for a friend's birthday, where her parents had just retired to (and put a bunch of renovation into) is ruined to the point it's just salvaging mementos. Or I start tearing up at seeing all the donations, packed up trucks and happy working photos. I don't cry when I see Joel Osteen still continuing to be blasted for being a toe rag.

Anyone screen shot the new comments, before the give me your money page got taken down?

I don't understand how cross church is willing to be associated with this PR trainwreck.  I understand they can't stop him from attending church nor would that be a "Christian" thing to do but he doesn't have to be a team member for retreats.  He's a loose cannon and completely unaware of self.  I can't imagine that is a good image for the church. 

Is it possible for this idiot to say anything without a (usually ironic) Bible verse attached?

I swear, if I found myself sitting next to him on a plane I'd pop the nearest door and throw him off myself.  Luckily for him, he'd probably push me to it before we ever left the ground.

Hey Derick, remember  back when you "worked heartily" at an actual professional job and folks weren't flaming you non-stop on social media? Aren't you a wee bit nostalgic for that?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived