IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

To further to the submission infomercial she says:

With all of them, the wives chose to cheerfully submit to their husbands as unto the Lord. Some of them decided to do it even with difficult husbands and saw great improvement almost immediately in their marriages.

Doesn't that sound just like an infomercial? 9 out of 10 women reported immediate results!

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Thank you for this. I don't like for people to feel ashamed when they are seeking help. A couple of weeks ago, my sister posted something on Facebook where she shamed people who seek help from food pantries, government agencies, and other resources. It pissed me off for several reasons.............

My parents have helped my sister numerous times and they are the reason why doesn't have to seek help from other resources. But, as I said before she shames people for taking help from non-family sources. She is a lot like Lori in the way that they don't understand not everyone for various reasons can get help from family members.

Years ago, I had just left active duty and my husband was still active and we saw our paycheck cut in half. We had two toddlers. I qualified for WIC and received it but would go to a town I only went to for WIC shopping. I was embarrassed. After he left the military we lived near my parents for a year and I had limited money for food because he drank and chewed. I would shop my mother's pantry for food to feed the kids and I.  She had so much and never knew. 

I don't think many know how so many Americans are one paycheck away from disaster. Think about it. If you lost your next paycheck, would life continue on as you know it? For most, the answer is no. 

Our food pantry would have some people come in NICE vehicles and on occasion I would hear volunteers mumbling about how they wish they could have a nice car and get free food. What I would try and remind them that you never know what you might be asking for. Loss of a job, a medical diagnoses that prevents you from working (temporarily or permanent ) the list is numerous. Never judge a book by its cover. 

And yes, some people do not have family that can/will help. We help my sister-in-law some, and that is why she has a new iPhone. She is on our plan, we pay for it. She also receives food stamps. I only wonder what some think (not that I care). My parents would not help me when I was struggling. They believed I was reaping what I sowed (not living the life they wanted). My past has shaped me, but in a good way I hope. I want to help those who are alone. 

My younger children were not there for my lean years. I have since remarried but they see me working to help ease the suffering of those around me. I tell them that we have more than enough, so let's share what we have. One never knows when they might be the one in need. 

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Seriously,  make with the comments!  Pwease :)

Sorry...Jilly N Anthony...not JillR

4 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Rodrigues? Sign me up for this...

10 minutes ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Our food pantry would have some people come in NICE vehicles and on occasion I would hear volunteers mumbling about how they wish they could have a nice car and get free food. What I would try and remind them that you never know what you might be asking for. Loss of a job, a medical diagnoses that prevents you from working (temporarily or permanent ) the list is numerous. Never judge a book by its cover. 

As my sister the social worker says, "You may be one car accident away from welfare."  Back in the '80s, there were many cases of comfortably middle class people with executive jobs suddenly finding themselves out of work. A man who had been supporting a wife and kids, paying a mortgage and college tuitions, would find himself unable to find other work, or drastically underemployed.  What should people in this position do--get rid of good, reliable cars and wear worn-out clothes so they'd look poor enough to go to a food pantry and feed their kids?

I agree most of us are one lost job or one crisis away from not being able to afford food or to pay our bills. The middle class is really hurting in the USA. Anyone who judges their friends & neighbors for getting help is out of touch with reality. You never know what burdens others are carrying and really, it is none of your business. My state is pretty liberal & you don't notice who has WIC or other assistance card. I like that a lot.

Forgot to say drove by a church today and the sign said "Do your prey on others or pray for other". What a perfect reminder for Lori! Do you prey on houses of others or do you pray for those in the houses?

21 minutes ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I agree most of us are one lost job or one crisis away from not being able to afford food or to pay our bills. The middle class is really hurting in the USA. Anyone who judges their friends & neighbors for getting help is out of touch with reality. You never know what burdens others are carrying and really, it is none of your business. My state is pretty liberal & you don't notice who has WIC or other assistance card. I like that a lot.

A woman with a small child (under a year) was in front of me at the grocery store a while back. I had fun making google eyes at the baby he was so very cute. I wasn't staring on purpose, but I did notice the mom paid with food assistance debit card. I am glad she had this and felt my simmering anger at Trump and Ryan who want to deny that little boy food.

1 hour ago, Mellowing With Age said:

I agree it's wrong to judge like that. My neighbors volunteer at their church's food pantry program. They told me about an incident where a young man who was a church member was standing in line. Some volunteers were snickering because he and his wife are both working teachers. Well, it turned out that he was there to pick up food for another church member who is disabled.

I have talked to a few former and current foster parents who use or used WIC for foster children under 5. Some of them drive nice cars and have nice clothes and people would give them looks sometimes when they were using the WIC for the foster kids.

Like you said, other shit happens in life. If someone lost their job and had a nice car I wouldn't expect them to sell it off right away especially if they knew there was a good chance that they were going to find work in a certain time frame. Years ago, my dad had a co-worker with MS who got ill for a period of time and couldn't work. A couple of years before he and his wife had a purchased a nice truck. His wife also worked full time and with assistance programs they managed until he was able to get back to work.

@BlackberryGirl.   Real hard times stick.  Not growing up, but with my own little family.   About 2 years of daily worry.  We made do,  got out of it, but it sticks with me.  

My grandparents generation was a prime example of that here in the US.  Decades of doing well did not erase their "frugal" ways.  I'm thankful my nana taught me good home management though!  Especially food shopping.  

When we were up the proverbial shit's creek, we kept getting told to sell my car. Yeah, we probably could have gotten about 10 grand for it but we would have ended up with another issue...what about when we got on our feet again and needing 2 cars became a reality again? The car was within a year of being paid off (actually less than that) and by selling it, we would have had a temporary fix to a problem that we didn't know how long it would last. So, we did without (in a HUGE way) and managed to pay it off. Now, both vehicles are free and clear and although my car is being a bitch with the repairs, it's still cheaper than buying a new (to us) car. 

it's easy to judge...until you end up in that place. We're finally keeping our heads above water and off assistance completely, but you can be damn sure that I'm glad it was there when we needed it. I have no qualms about applying again if we need it. 

Speaking of assistance...I've had medicaid for my medical insurance for the past couple of years (let's hear it for Nevada that took the Medicaid expansion), but was going to lose it because our income went over the income limit and I was shitting bricks. Well...the Autozone right behind our apartment had a sign on the door for a hiring event tomorrow. I talked to the store manager about it when I went in to buy my brake pads. SHE and I got to talking, she told me to put my application in online and let her know. Well...3 days later I'm back in there to buy a new alternator...and we get to talking about my experience. Told her I had retail experience and had been in management. The NEXT DAMN DAY, I'm back in there to buy a battery. I was talking to the guy that was getting the part and the store manager calls out "Hey C, is that you???" She tells me to write up all my retail experience.  Then, yesterday I'm in there to buy the serpentine belt and she tells me to write up my management experience. THIS MORNING she calls to remind me to write it all up because she wants to hire me for a management position. Guess what management positions have???? BENEFITS!!!!!! 

More to come. Interview is at 9am PDT...good thoughts, vibes, prayers appreciated. 

@feministxtian. Awesome sauce!  #teamfemistxian!  You got this girl.

I'm waiting to hear about a job I want too,  I just hope I get offered it with the pay I want.  Should know this week.

Let's get good jobs together!  Fingers crossed.

Y'all are truly my tribe...seems that the a/c might be blowing straight into my eyeballs cuz they're getting a little damp. Sending all my love to all of you! 

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I agree it's wrong to judge like that. My neighbors volunteer at their church's food pantry program. They told me about an incident where a young man who was a church member was standing in line. Some volunteers were snickering because he and his wife are both working teachers. Well, it turned out that he was there to pick up food for another church member who is disabled.

I have talked to a few former and current foster parents who use or used WIC for foster children under 5. Some of them drive nice cars and have nice clothes and people would give them looks sometimes when they were using the WIC for the foster kids.

My daughter and SIL used WIC for their daughter back when they were just starting out and for their foster son before they adopted him. They both have decent cars. They also have long commutes and weird work hours. The people who would like to give them the side-eye might want to spend some time loving and raising a traumatized preschooler, taking him to therapy, taking him to visitation, taking him to his many medical appointments, and also earning a living. I know that some people will abuse whatever system provides assistance, but I don't think that's particularly relevant. It's like the presumption of innocence in court. It's better for a few guilty people to walk than for innocent ones to be convicted. It's better for a few grifters to get free food than for needy people to go hungry.

A friend of mine asked me once if it wouldn't bother me if he, an affluent guy, came through the line at our food bank, since we don't require "proof of poverty."  I said it would make me wonder why he would wait in line in the rain for an hour for donated food. To his credit, he said he hadn't thought about it like that. I used to tell my kids that we donated to the food bank because it's the same as a money bank. You make deposits during good times so help will be there in bad times.

One thing I like about our food bank is that it's set up like a grocery store. Instead of going through a line and being handed food, people just circulate on their own and get what they want, within the amount limitations for each food category. Volunteers are there to keep folks honest, but it feels more like shopping and less like the dole. Also, because we are in an agricultural area, we have lots of top quality fresh produce during the growing season. I love watching people load up on vegetables and fruit.

Fingers crossed, @feministxtian

Oh gosh. Just 3 days of missed pay already have me trying to figure out how I'm going to go grocery shopping and still cover the rent at the same time :-/

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

More to come. Interview is at 9am PDT...good thoughts, vibes, prayers appreciated. 

Best wishes, and the best of luck to you! 

15 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

kbdavies.PNG.56e1b7c1badb16c0e174e89d82756757.PNG

What the hell???

How about we all just kill ourselves since its all contaminated by sin anyway? Unfortunately, we need emotions for love....darn!

I can't believe she is deleting bible verses! Goes to show she doesn't care about truth or what the bible say in whole, only certain verses. I am going to add all these deleted verses to my tumblr when I get more time. 

madea.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived