IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

Just now, Curious said:

I miss your posts on the Lori threads @jerkit  Somehow I missed the fact that you had been a Lori follower previously.  I'm glad you were able to be free from her dangerous teachings before you were divorced.

I agree @Curious I miss @jerkit on this thread however I don't want her to come back and spiral into the hell that is Lori.

And Curious, I can't wait to read your review of the book on Amazon! :) How is the reading going? How many times have you thrown the book or wanted to light it on fire?

@Koala - Matthew 23:25  goes PERFECTLY with the house that I posted. (I had to look up the verse. For those that don't know the bible that verse says this (from the NIV because my Catholic brain refuses to understand KJV):

25 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Curious said:

I miss your posts on the Lori threads @jerkit  Somehow I missed the fact that you had been a Lori follower previously.  I'm glad you were able to be free from her dangerous teachings before you were divorced.

Thanks, curious. It was a very unhealthy time in my life. 

18 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And Curious, I can't wait to read your review of the book on Amazon! :) How is the reading going? How many times have you thrown the book or wanted to light it on fire?

I have 2 chapters to go in my first read and then I will start the second read for the review.

I can only read a few pages at a time because I end up yelling and the dogs and my husband start hiding ;)   I haven't thrown it yet, but it has been tempting.

The book would be 1/2 as long if she didn't repeat herself over and over and her editor actually...edited it.  The editing is awful, IMO

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

The house picture. The house is actually in decent shape. The door is in a shut position. The windows are replacement windows so someone put some money into them at one point. The siding is discolored in spots but looks fine (no holes) and it isn't falling off. The little I can see of the roof, it is in ok condition. Also items are not stacked up in front of the windows (which would make me concerned about a hoarding situation).

It has overgrown yard/wild flowers. There appears to be roses by the big window, someone likes flowers. She took a picture, purposely I believe, through the trees to appear more overgrown.

I agree. I went to the Instagram expecting squalor and found a perfectly decent, somewhat grubby house with an overgrown yard. Big deal. My mom's house looked worse in her later years, because she had major troubles accepting help and I, her only child, was a single parent with a full-time job and lived 100 miles away. I put my time there into the inside and keeping her in food and medication, plus hanging out. I have a friend whose place is worse, but she is in poor health and puts what energy she has into volunteering. My husband did weatherization projects for the Housing Authority for 20 years. A house like that would have been upscale for his job.

I should be over it by now, but I remain baffled what Lori does all day. I don't think I'm in her income bracket, but like her I am lucky and comfortable in these sunset years. I take vacations. I can eat out if I feel like it. I don't budget for groceries (in part because I don't spend a lot on food, but still) and I'm a bit of a food snob.  And like Lori I spend too much time online. Nevertheless, so far today I've made sourdough bread, started some salt-fermented beet and cabbage pickles, cooked up a mess of collards and ham hocks for a friend who loves them, looked after my sick old dog, cleaned the kitchen, talked to my daughter and to a friend on the phone and am still finding time to badmouth Lori online. The collards, and the tomatoes and basil for my tomato/pesto/sourdough lunch sandwich are from my garden. Later today I will take my grandson to his gym class and then help a friend write up a Youcaring request because English is her third language and she is trying to raise money for a family member to have surgery back in Ukraine. This is a low-key day for me. Besides the chance to humble brag, I am genuinely puzzled. I know plenty of people my age, late 60s, who are more productive than I am.

PS, for anyone considering getting on the sourdough train. It is cheap. The only expense for my bread is the flour, salt, and gas for the oven. No sugar, no oil, no yeast. Also, you don't actually have to re-up the starter weekly. It's pretty forgiving of neglect.

22 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Matthew 23:25  goes PERFECTLY with the house that I posted.

That is indeed perfect! 

I can't get over the house post... no consideration there are many reasons a house might look overgrown, just an immediate jump to insinuating that the owners are lazy. As a kid, I remember my dad helping neighbors with their yard work for various reasons (people who'd just had a baby, sick people, elderly people) simply because he's a good person who noted they were having some difficulties and didn't judge them for it! 

She's a bitch about that house and like others have said she doesn't know what is going on with the owners. The house doesn't look to be in horrible shape.  The owners could be elderly or disabled which makes it difficult to maintain the exterior. My aunt and uncle's house looked bad on the outside in the last few years of my uncle's life. He was upset that he could no longer be out painting and fixing things. He refused to let his kids do work on it. The only thing he allowed his kids to do was mow the lawn and pull weeds around the house.  After he passed away, my aunt asked her kids to paint the house and fix it up

This was one of the comments from a leghumper

Perfect illustration. That house and yard has so much potential!!

The leghumper doesn't consider the possibility that the owners may not have the financial resources to maintain the exterior of the house. The yard doesn't look that bad. It's hard to tell based on the pic, but some of the overgrowth near the house might not even be on the house owner's property. Things like this happen in rural areas where sometimes isn't code enforcement regarding lawns/yards. I see this in some areas of northern New Mexico. You could be driving through a rural neighborhood where one house has nice maintained lawn and the next door house or surrounding area doesn't. Again, there could be reasons why some lawns/yards aren't maintained and it's not always due to pure laziness.

Instagram comment:

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Quick Lori...they've posted another Bible verse.  Better delete it.  

Shall we call her The Brutish Mentor, now?  Of course, according to Lori, the words "ignorant" and "stupid" are a better fit.

She should add this to her video about how she spends her days as an older, godly woman.  

"When I'm not monitoring the internet, I drive around town and take pictures of people's houses.  Then I go home and criticize them on my Instagram.  Blessings!"

ETA- She deleted the verse.  If you're keeping score, that's two comments (containing ONLY BIBLE VERSES) deleted in the space of a couple of hours.

Lori Alexander: Deleting the Bible since 2017.  Blessings!

When I was a little girl, there was a family in our very small town who hosted a fish & chicken fry each summer. Practically the whole town was invited. It was an all day event and families would swim in their pond and go fishing. The older men played horseshoes and worked the massive frying vats in the yard. The women set up tables and worked in the kitchen. It was a fantastic day. 

The interesting thing is that this family's house was always a mess. It looked run down like the house in Lori's photo. The inside was disorganized and cluttered. There were several dogs and cats running around all the time. But everybody, from the town's wealthiest citizens to its poorest, LOVED this event and this family. This family was known for its generosity and for stepping up in any crisis. This family were dear friends to my mother's family and the husband/father sang at my grandpa's funeral. Their children were THE students to look up to in the schools - smart, talented, so nice.  

I remember a couple comments from relatives about the condition of their home but they always seemed to be said with a shrug as if to say "yeah, their house is a mess but they are the finest family in town."  

I feel bad for Lori and her family. They will never know wonderful people like that.  

kbdavies.PNG.56e1b7c1badb16c0e174e89d82756757.PNG

What the hell???

How about we all just kill ourselves since its all contaminated by sin anyway? Unfortunately, we need emotions for love....darn!

I can't believe she is deleting bible verses! Goes to show she doesn't care about truth or what the bible say in whole, only certain verses. I am going to add all these deleted verses to my tumblr when I get more time. 

Emotions are a lie from the pit of hell!!

(You all are going to have to imagine the nutty lady from "Wife Swap" shouting it. You know the one I mean.)

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What the hell???

How about we all just kill ourselves since its all contaminated by sin anyway? Unfortunately, we need emotions for love....darn!

Jesus wept. But we don't get to.  Best not to read Ecclesiastes 3 then.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What the hell???

I was pretty sure that emotions are listed in the bible so I did a quick google search and came up with this: https://www.gotquestions.org/managing-emotions.html

The quote in that screenshot seems to greatly misunderstand what the bible says about emotions based on the above page (which does include bible citations)

Lori is such a bitch.

A HS friend of mine's 6 yr old had leukemia.   Beyond hard.  The yard was the last thing on their minds.  Went unkempt for a while.  The family came home one day and the whole yard was done.  It kept happening and they didn't find out who had been doing this.  One day they came home and saw the gardeners.  Professionals that caught wind of what's been going on with family and did what needed to be done.  Head gardener simply said " I didn't want you to have to worry about it".  And, now they are all friends.

That is how it's done Lori.  You fucking bitch!

I see Jilly is back commenting.

13 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Emotions are a lie from the pit of hell!!

(You all are going to have to imagine the nutty lady from "Wife Swap" shouting it. You know the one I mean.)

The GOD WARRIORRRRR!!!  

It gets worse...

blairallen.PNG.8f6f5dfef1354e7386444f1eb6c113b0.PNG

How does she know then any of the supposed love between her and Ken is a lie or not? Maybe what she feels for her grandbabies is all a lie. 

Here's what else K.B. Davies has to say:

You ought to love your wives like Christ loved the church. You should be willing to lay down your life and die for them - literally, not figuratively. You should protect and provide for them - even to your own detriment.

You should do all these things EVEN if she doesn’t submit to your authority, and even when you are not appreciated, respected, or even loved. You should simply bear up and do it - because you are a man, and it is your God ordained duty.

So don’t give your wives anything to say on this matter. Lead by example. Love by example. Live by example.

Is Lori OK with that as well?

What a bizarre ideology about emotions. Did he really miss all the emotions expressed by Christ in the Bible? 

15 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

It gets worse...

blairallen.PNG.8f6f5dfef1354e7386444f1eb6c113b0.PNG

How does she know then any of the supposed love between her and Ken is a lie or not? Maybe what she feels for her grandbabies is all a lie. 

I'm relatively certain the only person feels anything remotely like love for is herself.

She admitted she didn't really love Ken when they got married, IIRC

2 hours ago, December said:

That is indeed perfect! 

I can't get over the house post... no consideration there are many reasons a house might look overgrown, just an immediate jump to insinuating that the owners are lazy. As a kid, I remember my dad helping neighbors with their yard work for various reasons (people who'd just had a baby, sick people, elderly people) simply because he's a good person who noted they were having some difficulties and didn't judge them for it! 

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Lori is such a bitch.

A HS friend of mine's 6 yr old had leukemia.   Beyond hard.  The yard was the last thing on their minds.  Went unkempt for a while.  The family came home one day and the whole yard was done.  It kept happening and they didn't find out who had been doing this.  One day they came home and saw the gardeners.  Professionals that caught wind of what's been going on with family and did what needed to be done.  Head gardener simply said " I didn't want you to have to worry about it".  And, now they are all friends.

That is how it's done Lori.  You fucking bitch!

Lori could indeed learn from these kinds of stories about helping in need or going through difficult time when the lawn and yard should the least of their worries. I have seen some religious bloggers talk about they and their husbands help people in need and it's usually fellow church members. But, I give them credit for actually doing things and not "bullshit mentoring" like Lori and Ken have talked about. On Mormon blogs, some of those women will talk about helping out at Bishop's store or how their husbands are helping fellow ward members in need. There was a Mormon blog that I followed where the husband built wheelchair ramps for Easter Seals and helped out with Habitat for Humanity, in addition to LDS ward volunteering.

Lori probably thinks doing yard work and mowing the lawn is man's work. But, shouldn't she be encouraging Ken and her sons to helping out elderly widows by doing their yard work. She never considers that younger parents with kids may be going through some issues like Beermeet described with her friends.

18 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

Rodrigues? Sign me up for this...

Seriously,  make with the comments!  Pwease :)

Lori should be feeling the genuine shame that comes from doing something horrible to your fellow man.

Imagine if an elderly woman had witnessed her parked in front of her house taking pictures. Imagine the embarrassment she'd have felt, wondering what the hard faced woman was up to.  But the person who lives there shouldn't be embarrassed...Lori should.  

Lori is a horrible representation of the Christ she claims to serve... 

I grew up poor, to the point my younger sister and I were farmed out briefly because there simply was no food.  

When BlackberryBoy was 35 he changed carreers, and for our first school year he was a sub. But even after he got a full teaching gig, we faced every summer with no real income. If we banked  a portion of the regular school year paychecks, we wouldnt make our mortgage.  He taught summer school, but that was a much much smaller paycheck.  I  worked but it was part time.  For about 15 years though we've not needed the summer school check, since we paid off the house that long ago.

So I bought extra all year long and stored it in what we called "the summer cupboard." We still call it that, and we virtually NEVER run out of food. For cryin out loud , I have 10 POUNDS of butter in the fridge...

but, ya never know.. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived