IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

20 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Has this been posted already? I wasn't sure and if so I didn't see it. 

InTouch Weekly online article directly links this thread in their article and quotes some of the posts. 

Free Jinger mentioned and linked about halfway down.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jinger-and-jeremy-new-house-pregnant-jill-jessa-counting-on-137098.amp

bahahaha I'm famous that's my quote!

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Just chiming in to say- I do not think that Jinger and Jeremy owning their own house means that they're moving away from fundiedom. At all.

Just curious, anyone know if the married Bates kids own their own homes?

I don't think it means they are moving away from funiedom, but it does indicate moving away from JB.  This could be a step which leads to moving on in general.

I think it is relevant whether or not Jeremy and Jinger have a mortgage, as Jim Bob and Michelle have gone on ad nauseum about how they built their real estate empire completely debt free and that people can and should follow their godly example. 

On 7/17/2017 at 6:00 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Re: Name changes

My grandmother recently told me when her father and brother immigrated to America they went to different clerks at Ellis island, and the clerks ended up spelling their last names differently. Which I complicated geneology. The last name was just so foreign to the clerks and they had no idea how to spell it. My grandmother also said that if the clerks had no idea what someone said when they gave their last name, or couldn't begin to spell it, people were just given the last name Smith. Which explains how Charles E. Smith, a very wealthy Jew who has lots buildings with his and his wife's name on it, got his last name.

My grandmother's last name has numerous spellings in the US and we were also told it just depended which line a sibling went through at Ellis Island. The I and E are swapped or sometimes the clerk used a Y--all different spellings of the same family's name. I also know someone who immigrated more recently who is of Asian descent but his family had lived in Russia for some time. The way his last name was spelled in English on his immigration papers (visa?) isn't even close to how it is pronounced so no one gets it right.

My grandfather's last name was changed when his family immigrated from Canada. They were French Canadian and it was anglicised. Half the siblings had the original last name, the children born in the U. S. had the anglicised last name. 

Born in North East and lived in upper Midwest for large portion of my life now back in NE. I Would like my east coast salary in the Midwest. However, I hope to relocate some day because of January, February,  March, and sometimes April.:my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Exactly when would have Jeremy had time to serve in the military? His dates of Syracuse attendance and playing professional soccer are public knowledge. 

Where would a stint in the military fit into this timeline?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Vuolo

How would I know? Why are you quoting me as I did not bring it up. Please do better quoting. I don't know and I really do not care at all. 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Just chiming in to say- I do not think that Jinger and Jeremy owning their own house means that they're moving away from fundiedom. At all.

It does mean they have no plans to go back to Arkansas to live in Duggarland under JB's thumb any time soon. And that is nothing but good. 

I have to admit I did feel a little creepy looking up their address, then googling it to find recent images, then looking through basically a tour of the house. It's the first time I  ever did something like that and I doubt I'll do it again. 

On the other hand, these are all public records and you could do it for anyone (even creepier). Is a public record really a private thing? And if you're a public figure isn't it reasonable to assume that your public records will probably be publicized in some way or other? Maybe the real issue that these records just shouldn't be public.

Is it really less voyeuristic to read about it in a tabloid after they did this kind of research instead of doing it yourself? It's tricky on where to draw the line.

I do think it's relevant how they are going about buying this house because it differentiates some of their values and norms from the Duggar clan. Especially on indebtedness, family size, and the fact that Jinger earns an income even though she presents as a stay at home wife (and how they reconcile that with their patriarchal beliefs).

2 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

Especially on indebtedness, family size, and the fact that Jinger earns an income even though she presents as a stay at home wife (and how they reconcile that with their patriarchal beliefs).

I've read that the Amish are having a hard time with the wives bringing in more of the income in the current situation.  Farms aren't bringing in much but the quilts and preserves and such are a growing business.  I wonder how the Duggar daughters will work around this upheaval

4 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I've read that the Amish are having a hard time with the wives bringing in more of the income in the current situation.  Farms aren't bringing in much but the quilts and preserves and such are a growing business.  I wonder how the Duggar daughters will work around this upheaval

IDKY but this post made me want shoo fly pie. My gd those Amish women know how to bake. I'm not surprised that they make way more money. I've gone to the Philly market a few times and their stalls are always full of people. They sell out of things quite quickly.

@justoneoftwo I'm actually really curious about this topic myself. One thing I noticed about some of their friends, like Sierra and the doughmestic housewife lady, is that the wives operate a business from home and supplement the family income that way. I think it's how they get around the need to have a two-income family with so many children, but not violate the patriarchal rules that women should stay at home.

Another example was their friend- I think named Kristin Young- who worked at the taco place originally and had gone to university. After she had her first kid she started a website selling essential oils and stayed at home. I'm not sure what she's doing now or if she's still at home but it seemed like a transition to that same model.

* updated to say I just checked her Instagram and it seems like she is promoting Juice Plus products as well as selling some hats in order to go back to Zambia - I'm assuming for some kind of missionary work.

2 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

@justoneoftwo I'm actually really curious about this topic myself. One thing I noticed about some of their friends, like Sierra and the doughmestic housewife lady, is that the wives operate a business from home and supplement the family income that way. I think it's how they get around the need to have a two-income family with so many children, but not violate the patriarchal rules that women should stay at home.

Another example was their friend- I think named Kristin Young- who worked at the taco place originally and had gone to university. After she had her first kid she started a website selling essential oils and stayed at home. I'm not sure what she's doing now or if she's still at home but it seemed like a transition to that same model.

I live in Utah and MLM groups do really well here for similar reasons.  You think you can get rich while still staying home with the kids.  

5 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Well, unless JinJer have extra money to burn, the kitchen would do well. They just bought a house. Or the Duggar Family Construction group could work on it. 

But everyone does not need a totally marvelous kitchen. This kitchen is good.

I agree especially when looking at my 1986 kitchen while I type this post. My kitchen is awful and I can't do anything about it. 

I would like to maybe build a house some day. I know what I want-  1000 sq feet, two bedrooms, 1 & 3/4 baths, decent kitchen, mud room/laundry room off the garage. I don't like the houses I see online. Lots of McMansion's in my desired zip code. I don't need 2500 square feet. I don't want a condo. I want a small house with a postage stamp yard. 

Screw it, I'll just move to Aruba and live under a palapa on the beach. 

My kitchen is '80's as well, but it's OK. It's good quality, and perfectly designed, so I don't see the point in changing it just because it's not currently fashionable. I'm more into reduce, reuse, recycle than trying to be fashionable, or caring what other people think.

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I don't think it means they are moving away from funiedom, but it does indicate moving away from JB.  This could be a step which leads to moving on in general.

Very true!

When we bought our house (don't even get me started on house prices in Sydney ugh) the kitchen was pepto bismol pink. With red highlights. Even in the 80s it would have been ugly haha.

2 hours ago, gilora said:

I think it is relevant whether or not Jeremy and Jinger have a mortgage, as Jim Bob and Michelle have gone on ad nauseum about how they built their real estate empire completely debt free and that people can and should follow their godly example. 

If Jeremy was smart with his soccer paycheck he might have had enough saved to have bought the house outright. Maybe? 

I guess I'd like the newer style drawers and cabinets that have all these pull-outs and things for much better organization. And I kind of really hate my refrigerator. Changes I would like aren't about what other people like, though; that would be an awfully odd reason to make them. However, it's a rental; have completed six of ten years, then I move on. I will likely never own my own home, and try always to be mindful of how nice it is compared to how it might be.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Just curious, anyone know if the married Bates kids own their own homes?

Chad and Erin are looking at fixer uppers. I remember reading that Zach and Whitney's home is "rent to own"  I don't know anything about Alyssa and John's house. Do Michael and Brandon still live in the small apartment in Chicago? 

19 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Chad and Erin are looking at fixer uppers. I remember reading that Zach and Whitney's home is "rent to own"  I don't know anything about Alyssa and John's house. Do Michael and Brandon still live in the small apartment in Chicago? 

As far as we know, yes. They don't share very much and are relatively private people, but they appear to still be in Chicago. 

29 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

If Jeremy was smart with his soccer paycheck he might have had enough saved to have bought the house outright. Maybe? 

Not sure about major league soccer, but I have a friend whose son played in the NHL, and the team paid for his apartment as well.  Makes it a little easier to save $$, at least.

55 minutes ago, Kak said:

My kitchen is '80's as well, but it's OK. It's good quality, and perfectly designed, so I don't see the point in changing it just because it's not currently fashionable. I'm more into reduce, reuse, recycle than trying to be fashionable, or caring what other people think.

My aunts kitchen is the same kitchen that was put in when the house was built in 1989. It was like an orangey wood on the cabinets and a green granite work tops, cream and green splash tiles and built in appliances. It's perfectly laid out with a breakfast bar separating the main kitchen from the dining area. It's pretty big as it runs the whole back of the house. 

She took your mindset in that it was a well built kitchen with nothing wrong with it. However, she updated the rest of the house and the kitchen looked out of place. She and her husband painted the cabinets an off white and changed the tiles and granite to brown and white. Literally looks like a brand new kitchen at a fraction of the price! Personally, I think this was way better than going to the bother of putting in a whole new kitchen just to be fashionable 

57 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Nope. He never made top dollar, or even close to it. He was pretty much a League Minimum kind of backup to the backup goalie. 

There is a mortgage on the place. 

9 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

American homes always look really funny to me, especially kitchen cabinets anf the Outside/style of the building. I find them both very distinct form what we have here. 

I'm sure many Americans would visit Australia. I've always wanted to live in a Queenslander or Federation style home with a big verandah and garden. Sadly where I live it's all rendered grey brick modern cookie cutter. They lack soul!

American homes often look more charming to me. I'm sure you've got your souless bests like we do though!

Know what you mean! Growing up on Steve Martin films you can't help but get a love for American houses.

The one thing I find most different in American homes (from expat friends) is how much and how often they can tend to have lights on and things either on, or on standby.

5 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Know what you mean! Growing up on Steve Martin films you can't help but get a love for American houses.

The one thing I find most different in American homes (from expat friends) is how much and how often they can tend to have lights on and things either on, or on standby.

I wanted the house in Father of the Bride so bad.

I live in a UK city and I could hear a couple of American ladies complaining about house sizes and house prices here - they were right. You get a 800 sq ft terrace for about £650k here, no real garden or parking space. My kids will never be able to afford to live where they grew up.

Do we know how Jeremy feels about public school? He obviously went to college and was a jock, so I can see him appreciating the life lessons and fun he got from going through the school system. However, after he found Jesus or whatever, he may want to protect his future children from being tempted and sinning like he did. Has he said anything at all in sermons or elsewhere regarding public school and education? With all of his reading, I can see his children being well-read and well-educated, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking! 

Prediction: Jinger and Jer have 4-5 kids, just enough to keep everyone wondering if they are indeed quiverfull. Their kids will be beautiful and athletic, and at least one of THEM will be rebellious - sneaking some late night Harry Potter as a kid, sneaking out as a teen, and eventually leaving the fundie life. JinJer will be disappointed but accept them because they love their child. Fingers crossed!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived