IGNORED

JinJer 28: Guns & Roses

Destiny

Eh, I am going give Jin credit for her style. Looking beautiful in an outfit is also based on posture and self confidence, that comes from within. 

She also has shown skill and experimented with hair and makeup which compliment her nicer clothes, again credit to Jinger. I highly doubt Jer knows things like how to curl with a hair straightener or could identify a buffing brush in a line up. 

Does Jer's likes influence her style? Sure. My significant other has three weaknesses: skinny jeans, soft fabrics and a particular fruity scent. So date night comes and I put on jeans, a dressy top, and heels. As a very average looking Jane (and easily 20 lbs I could lose), it's sure fun to take his breath away. I act coy and give him a quick peck so he can feel the silky fabric, smell a whisk of my perfume and he turns to putty.  Does that take away from the STEM degree I am working tirelessly on or my advocacy work? Nah.  

Jinger, you look lovely, I hope you are comfortable in your own skin, every girl deserves that.  It's one of many things I want for you. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I am hopeful that as Jinger sees more of the world away from the TTH,  that on her own she will begin to push her boundaries.  And my hope is that Jeremy will support this.  He may have entered this relationship with a plan to be a headship, but he may end up finding Jinger more interesting and stimulating if she evolves to be more of her own woman. 

I get the impression jeremy feels entitled because Jinger is his wife and someone he was destined to mold. I think she is the only Duggar who is experiencing a life outside the TTH and enjoying herself to the outside world.   Unlike her sister who constantly posts how much she misses her... what does she exactly miss the talking or the fact that she can't control her anymore. 

I also can't complain that Jeremy is taking Jinger to the bookstore. 

Yes I know, Wolf in Sheep's clothing, but it's a bookstore and books are essential to learn and grow an imagination / become curious / ask questions.

44 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Eh, I am going give Jin credit for her style. Looking beautiful in an outfit is also based on posture and self confidence, that comes from within. 

She also has shown skill and experimented with hair and makeup which compliment her nicer clothes, again credit to Jinger. I highly doubt Jer knows things like how to curl with a hair straightener or could identify a buffing brush in a line up. 

Does Jer's likes influence her style? Sure. My significant other has three weaknesses: skinny jeans, soft fabrics and a particular fruity scent. So date night comes and I put on jeans, a dressy top, and heels. As a very average looking Jane (and easily 20 lbs I could lose), it's sure fun to take his breath away. I act coy and give him a quick peck so he can feel the silky fabric, smell a whisk of my perfume and he turns to putty.  Does that take away from the STEM degree I am working tirelessly on or my advocacy work? Nah.  

Jinger, you look lovely, I hope you are comfortable in your own skin, every girl deserves that.  It's one of many things I want for you. 

Except that if Jinger decided her new style was to wear a mini-skirt, or a strapless gown, I think Jeremy would feel as if he were entitled to intervene and prevent her from wearing that.  As long as she experiments with fashion that still fits HIS definition of what a godly woman wears,  then she is fine but if she tries something else, I think he will not allow it. 

Just like I have no trouble believing that he would allow Jinger to have a sip of a nice wine, but I think he would object to her going out on a girls night and knocking back a few margaritas.  She has more freedom because he likely grants the freedom, not because she is viewed as being fully autonomous. 

I am just hopeful that this is temporary and as they grow in their relationship, and as Jinger gains more confidence he will be able to accommodate and support, rather than continue with that ridiculous headship bullshit.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived