IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

JB sure as hell didn't protect his daughters from Josh. So, I don't think he will protect them or his grandchildren from abusive SILs. Maybe repentance and Jesus rehab at the most.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I must suck, because I NEVER sort laundry...

i sort, but not by color.  i go by fabric weight and garment type.  i separate whites only if i'm bleaching them; i  wash all underwear/socks/undershirts together regardless of color; sweatshirts/jeans together; delicates/line-dry items together.   i don't have issues with colors running unless Mr. CL has a cheap tshirt, and those go in with the jeans; most fabric dyes seem to have improved over the last 20-30 years.  

i had to teach Mr. CL how to do laundry, but i focused more on how the machines work, how to operate them safely, and how not to ruin/shrink his clothes.

2 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

I remember Michelle and Anna both exclaiming, "Thank you Jesus!" repeatedly right after each crotch fruit was delivered. For me it was a bit strange, but I've never been in that situation myself, I can imagine knowing that the worst part of the ordeal is over would be a huge relief, Jesus, Rufus, or skilled anesthesiologist be praised! 

I quite vividly remember exclaiming, "oh, dear god - get this thing OUT of me!!!" before my kids were born, but I assure you it had nothing to do with being religious.  I literally JUST wanted them out because it hurt like hell. 

I'm also pretty certain there was a "thank god!" after they arrived.  Again, only because it was finally over. 

I can only credit my own selfishness for these exclamations.  If there is a god, he had nothing to do with it in my case!

21 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:
Pete Rocks?   
 Surely this shows split alliegice and an earthly attachment that is just not heaven-centred.  

Did this wrong - reference picture of Izzy wearing a T-shirt with a non-Christian sentiment. 

@Greendoor, Pete is Pilstol Pete, the mascot of Oklahoma State University. Derick was Pistol Pete when he went there. 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

I must suck, because I NEVER sort laundry...

I also don't sort. The only exception is if I've bought something new that looks like it wants to bleed and then that goes with dark towels, etc.  But otherwise, all in together and all out together. But it's just me and the Mr. so it would take awhile to generate loads of just one category (that wording seems weird but oh well). Back in our laundromat days (may they never return!!) it was definitely cheaper to not sort.

9 minutes ago, tehfanglyfish said:

Back in our laundromat days (may they never return!!) ........

we had community laundry until 10 years ago when we got our house.  and while i frequently miss our apartment, i have said several times that no matter where we live next, the most necessary feature will be laundry hookups. it is a luxury for which i will sacrifice; i am done with community laundry.

5 minutes ago, tehfanglyfish said:

I also don't sort. The only exception is if I've bought something new that looks like it wants to bleed and then that goes with dark towels, etc.  But otherwise, all in together and all out together. But it's just me and the Mr. so it would take awhile to generate loads of just one category (that wording seems weird but oh well). Back in our laundromat days (may they never return!!) it was definitely cheaper to not sort.

If you don't sort, you can't bleach your whites. If your warm cycle is too warm, it can damage clothes that are supposed to be washed cold. I do loads of warm, cold, whites (on hot with bleach), and a smaller cold load on the delicate setting. We're a two-person household, but we don't get around to doing the laundry all that frequently anyway. If you want to never have a full hamper, then it would be tempting to wash everything together. The one thing I have no patience with is "warm delicate." They can go with the warms or the delicates and deal with it.

I also don't sort.

I half sort. Bleachables, non bleachables and towels. I have a friend who sorts by color. It seems a crazy way to do laundry. Sometimes it's months before she has enough to do a red load. And in between there are small piles of laundry all over her bedroom.

i wash almost everything in cold.  i'll do small loads in warm/hot when necessary, and i line-dry a lot of things (i have a six-row clothesline in the basement that gets filled up every week).  i also line-dry all sheets outside in the summer, towels too if it's windy.

52 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

JB sure as hell didn't protect his daughters from Josh. So, I don't think he will protect them or his grandchildren from abusive SILs. Maybe repentance and Jesus rehab at the most.

I think the kids would be protected, or at least removed from the home.

It's Jill I worry about.  They don't recognize abuse as a reason for divorce.  While she may be permitted to temporarily leave for her own safety, she would be expected to continually return to him, every time he claims repentance.  It's FAR too easy for abusers to exploit this system.  

I hope Jilly goes to the hospital, first and foremost. I don't wish anyone to go through pain and suffering and possible death just because they think it's what God wants.its bringing back some of my own PTSD thinking about it.

Not to go into too much detail but because someone brought up The business of being born I feel I must. I was 25 had proper midwifery care and was healthy. Birthed in a birth center literally across from the hospital. The midwife was negligent and I nearly bled to death trying to transfer to hospital NEXT DOOR. It took her too long to call EMT for me. Retained placenta, no pain relief and manual removal was absolutely traumatizing. Next baby I went to the hospital everything went smoothly and had an epidural which was a GODSEND. Third baby came in under 2 hours, I had no pain relief again and I was  scared of coming close to death again. Another retained placenta but this time I begged to be put under for D&C. I had 8 blood transfusions with both. 

The business of being born and the midwives were a large part of why I was naive and thought nothing could go wrong. If anybody is pregnant and watches that please also research dangers. If anyone wants to know more of my story DM me for details.

I hope Meechelle does her daughter this ONE favor and makes it clear how wrong it can go not being in a hospital. Please Jill keep samuelito and yourself SAFE.

2 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

This reminds me - when one of my cousins was in college, she never washed her sheets. A few months in, her roommate was all, "Girl, your sheets stink!" Apparently, my cousin had no idea that sheets needed to be washed. I'm not sure how she was that clueless and never noticed her parents doing laundry. Pretty sure she had more than one set of sheets for her bed growing up, too. She is not a stupid person by any means, but the sheet washing just went over her head. At least she knew to wash her underwear!

Was your cousin my roommate? Though I never told her to wash her damn sheets.

How often do you guys wash your bedsheets? My parents always taught us every week but neither of my siblings do it. I did all 4 years at school (especially when sophomore year I got ringworm and they had to be changed essentially every other day till it cleared up). My friends/rooommates did maybe twice a month if they remember.

I wonder if the married Duggars would admit to being abused. After all, Gothard teaches that sexual abuse is the fault of the victim. Probably the same for spousal abuse. :puke-huge:

I wash everyones sheets once a month (if we are all lucky). I was taught once a week but its WAY too much work. 

i change sheets every Saturday morning without fail; in the summer and if i have time, i change them again mid-week.  i worked in a motel for 17+ years, so i can make a bed pretty quickly.  and since i was changing sheets for the guests every 2 to 3 days, i eventually thought, "why shouldn't i have clean sheets this often?"  so it became a thing for me.  

I change my sheets every 2 weeks, and once a week if I'm ambitious. I wash my pillows every few months in hot water and bleach. Duvet cover maybe once every couple of months.  

When I was a kid, my mom would change our sheets once every week or two, but she would iron our sheets to. I have not picked up that particular habit, but I have to admit, one of the best feelings as a kid was laying my head on a starched pillow case after taking my nightly bath. 

I try to change my sheets every two weeks, but if It's only ever just me in them it can go over a month before I feel like they're dirty. Being one of the always-colds (and therefore never sweating) as well as not getting a period anymore (thanks Mirena!) help a lot with that. 

If I'm dating, then I always change them between inviting different people into my bed -- you'd think that would be obvious but I've been unpleasantly surprised on that front before. 

Every two weeks for sheets. The summer may be more if it's be really warm and I feel like I need to.  

I was wondering something the other day. Do the Duggar's and Bates announce the births as soon as possible? I know that with Henry we knew right away. But I was looking through some really old threads and noticed that with Meredith that wasn't the case. She was born on July 16 but apparently we on FJ didn't know until the 19th, 3 days later. Anyone know what happened in that case?

I change them once a week on Mondays. Monday is my big house work day. I try to get everything done by Friday, so I can do the yard on Saturday and nothing on Sunday. I feel more relaxed if I start the week off with a clean, organized house. 

I do the sheets every week. I love the feeling of clean cotton sheets and if I am feeling sick or sweaty, I will change my pillowcase a few times during the week.

Every week on saturdays. I love clean sheets and especially when I'm really tired from a long run - which is why I choose saturdays.

18 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

I was wondering something the other day. Do the Duggar's and Bates announce the births as soon as possible? I know that with Henry we knew right away. But I was looking through some really old threads and noticed that with Meredith that wasn't the case. She was born on July 16 but apparently we on FJ didn't know until the 19th, 3 days later. Anyone know what happened in that case?

Her father being outed as a child molester and invoking the rage of the general public happened.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived