IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

She can't have a real lay midwife because it's against the state midwife regulations. Her options are to have an unassisted birth, give birth in a hospital with a doctor or go to another state where there are different midwife regulations.

Gah, I'd totally forgotten that aspect of the situation. You're right! I hope that she gets her ass to the hospital then.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also agree with those who don't support snarking on these people's appearances just to snark on their appearances. It's mean, and more importantly, it takes away from the legitimate things we do have to snark about, you know, regarding how they live their lives. I felt the same way about the two freaking Dillard threads after Izzy was born where almost all that was discussed was Jill's failure to lose the baby weight quickly enough to appease some posters here, as though this was some huge moral or other failing on her part or relevant to the fact that she and D-wreck are horrible bigots doing horrible things. 

Now if someone is expressing a genuine concern then that's another thing- for instance, people who are or were honestly and not snarkily or facetiously saying Derick looks ill have a point, and to me that's another category of commentary, but to say gosh she looks fat, gosh she looks old, gosh her jacket is missing a button what a slob to me are below the belt and don't advance any kind of productive conversation. I know it's probably tempting for some people to comment because they are awful people doing awful things and so it's normal to want to critique them, but stuff like this is really just wrong, and potentially hurtful to posters here who maybe also didn't lose the baby weight, or who are 10 years younger than Michelle but look worse or who can't afford a new coat and so are wearing one with a hole.

Anyway, that's my piece.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

No idea how old you are, or what your situation is - but this is cruel. Picking on someone for the way they look is just mean. I'm in full-bore menopause, and have been for the past 10 years (surgically, due to cancer). My skin looks awful, I have wrinkles, and my eyes are droopy. Guess what I think when I look in a mirror? Yeah - it sucks.

Michelle's, Jill's or any of Duggar's physical appearance is irrelevant and a non-issue. @SapphireSlytherin like you, I'm well past menopause due to chemo and radiation. It would be hypocritical of me to snark on how somebody looks with out looking in the mirror at my own gray haired, short over weight self. 

What I dislike about MeMeMechelle is her attitude, the repressive way she has raised her daughters and her poitical actions.

18 hours ago, frugalitymom said:

Throwing my hat into the baby pool:

Born July 10 afternoon 10lbs 5oz

VBAC will be attempted at home but a C-Section  will be required

To further the Jessa and Jill tension Jill won't be able to have a large family while Jessa continues to have easy births 

And then Jinjer will tell Jill she needs to work on her contentment. 

10 minutes ago, nst said:

this - is doing a number on me 

literally 

As my husband's step mother says "Sure I'm still hot. Only now it comes in flashes".

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

As my husband's step mother says "Sure I'm still hot. Only now it comes in flashes".

I don't have those - it's more the emotions 

It's a matter of perception. I thought M looked quite nice in that picture.

1 hour ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe she thinks she looks okay for someone who gave birth to 19 kids? 

Seriously, she looks fine in that photo.  I just don't get the "snarking" on this site on the looks of any of these people, or what they do/do not wear, or whether they wash their feet.

It's a cult that devalues woman and anyone else who does not walk on the narrow life view path they are on.  What they look like is the least of the issues people should be having with them.

My first thought on seeing Meechelle's photo (and it's the first one i've seen of her in a long time) is that she does look good for a 50-year-old woman who has had a dozen and a half babies.  

yes, snarking on someone's physical attributes is unfair; i too look in the mirror every day and am generally displeased with my looks, but since i still have to go out in public to work, run errands, etc, i have no choice but to live with it.

But Meechelle has disgusting and hateful opinions; those are worthy of criticism, and that's fair game.  

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

The scary thing is that it is apparently legal for someone like Teresa to attend births alone if they're not actually claiming to be doing it as a medical professional. She presents herself as being like a midwife but she charges for her "services" as a doula, not as a midwife.

It depends/depended on what she actually did not what she said she was.  If she delivered the baby for instance instead of being at the mother's head, then she was illegally practicing medicine without a license. 

Is it illegal for someone who is not a midwife/doctor to deliver the baby? Would it be illegal if say, Jana delivered the baby?

12 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Is it illegal for someone who is not a midwife/doctor to deliver the baby? Would it be illegal if say, Jana delivered the baby?

Jana would be dicier because she's had midwife training.  Generally regular people can assist in an emergency without a problem, the issue is usually being paid to offer the services or going around doing it regularly not as an emergency.  Once can be excused while a dozen times has become a pattern.

14 hours ago, Georgiana said:

y'all I've never been worried about a fundie birth before, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this one and I REALLY want to be wrong. Jill annoys the living Christ out of me (which is why I am an evil Catholic I suppose) and her decisions offend me, but I am deeply concerned for her wellbeing and want her to be OK.)

I've never been on a baby watch or cared about a Fundie birth until this one. I was hopeful that she would have a VBAC at a birthing center or a hospital, although I wouldn't be surprised if she tried a VBAC at home. I didn't get nervous until the baby pool started and comment after comment said c-section. I think it was the comments that gave me an ominous feeling, and now I'm stuck with it. If I hadn't read the comments, I would probably still feel at least 50/50 that the VBAC would happen versus a c-section, but I did read them, so now I'm thinking the worst and bracing for the emergency. 

Throwing my hat in the ring:

July 11, 9lbs 13oz. Jilly will labor at home for far too long before heading to the hospital, still hoping for a VBAC, but will end up with another c-section.

In NY, I know we have a good Samaritan law. If my doctor or nurse friends see something they're legally required to do something. Me on the other hand I wouldn't know a foot from a hand if I had to help. I'm not sure about Arkansas. But Jana had professional training. I also don't know if her volunteer experience for the fire department, would make her responsible if she were present. 

16 hours ago, Henk12 said:

I wonder this too. It would be so restrictive for them if they were constantly thinking about their modesty while laboring on camera. I was anything but modest when I gave birth. Trying to constantly think about if the camera men can see you would make labor so much harder and longer. I love what Ina May Gaskin has to say about The Sphincter rule and ever since I heard her speak about it I feel so sad for the Duggar women when they give birth. All of those stress hormones and not being able to move freely would just make labor awful. 

I had my second birth recorded in 2006 for the Birth Day show, when Discovery Health still had a channel.  I can tell you without a doubt the last thing I was thinking about was who was there filming, where they were positioned, and what I had covered.  Didn't care in the least bit - it wasn't even on my mind for a single second while I was getting that baby out.  Not an ounce of energy was given to it, and I couldn't imagine sparing as much as a momentary thought about it, even if I was the most modest person, ever.  But, that's just me and my experience.

Fun fact about that day:

Before the birth, I met the camera crew, who came in to introduce themselves and tell me how they would proceed.  Imagine my surprise when my neighbor from across the street walked in.  My husband laughed and shook his hand.  Good times!

My guess is that sweet jillymuffin is in another state, one that permits her fundie approved fake midwives to allow her VBAC.  I also guess that she will wind up back in the hospital.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My guess is that sweet jillymuffin is in another state, one that permits her fundie approved fake midwives to allow her VBAC.  I also guess that she will wind up back in the hospital.

Doesn't her former mentor practice in another state after getting booted from Arkansas?  Although I've wondered if that is who secretly delivered Jessa's babies. But maybe she used Mrs. Query.  

23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

https://www.facebook.com/AMB-Midwifery-155580851151697/

They still seem to be up and running in Oklahoma!

She has a high rating, too. 4.6 out of 5 stars, from 18 reviews.

There is also a random video of Derick playing the trumpet on the AMB Midwifery Facebook page. This is dumb, but that makes me like him more. Anytime someone develops a skill, be it language, instrument, a sport, knitting, software, lol, doesn't matter what it is etc., I tend to like them more. I'm one of those nerds that likes to try everything, so I'm always impressed when people have any level of skills at basically anything at all. (You can play chopsticks on the piano? You rock!)

Side Note: Maybe with Venessa Giron in Tulsa, Jill and Derick will move there. At least they know someone. 

It's not far from TTH, but just far enough for them to gain independence and mental clarity. If the Josh scandals are part of Derick's downward spiral, being immersed in the TTH culture is not going to help the situation. 

Tulsa isn't exotic enough for Dwreck, he can't have his white savior complex there.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I guess my big question reading all of this is why are fake midwives necessary? Couldn't Jill go to a real midwife (or doctor) for prenatal care and then have them deliver the baby? What am I missing? Why would there even be a market for midwife fakery?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived