IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, birth pool here: Jill will give birth on July 7th, baby will be 8 lbs 5 oz, she will have a home birth, but it will be a long labor. Although I doubt she will attend, I totally think that in the TH we will hear Jessa mention how easy her birth was and how she is so surprised Jill's wasn't as easy. lol The tension between the two is just incredible.

For those who think she will have a home birth, do you think it will be unattended?  Given that midwives are not allowed to attend VBACs I am curious how that will be shown.

I'm guessing little Samuel will come on July 8 after a long birth. He'll be in the high 9 lb range. She'll attempt to have a VBAC at home, but will end up in the hospital at some point, possibly even after the birth for observation. All will be well though. Jill will look exhausted, Derick will look his normal, sickly self, and we'll get pics of cute Israel holding the baby. Joy, Jessa, Cathy, and Michelle will be around, and Joy will comment about possibly getting pregnant soon. Nothing will be said about Anna. Special will include flashbacks to Izzy, Henry, & Spurgeon being born. Everyone will be forced to make awkward congratulations videos.

2 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Is it just me or does the way Jill's skirt cuts into her belly look horribly uncomfortable?

It does look uncomfortable and she's standing, I can't imagine sitting down. Hopefully, it's not as uncomfortable as it looks. 

This is why so many women opt for maternity maxi dresses the last few weeks.  There is nothing to bind or pinch.  Jill is as ever clueless.

I'm getting second hand crampiness just looking at Jill in that skirt. Anything squeezing your waist that hard when you're that pregnant has got to be painful. Just, ouch! :pb_confused:

53 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

For those who think she will have a home birth, do you think it will be unattended?  Given that midwives are not allowed to attend VBACs I am curious how that will be shown.

Because I'm ignorant about home births and midwifery, can she attend herself? I know that's super unsafe and holy shit don't do that sweet Jilly Muffin, but would she be dumb enough to do that? 

35 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Is it just me or does the way Jill's skirt cuts into her belly look horribly uncomfortable?

This is one of the reasons I would never wear white the last half of pregnancy. Nobody wants to see my pants or skirt cut into my belly, nor does anyone want to see my linea negra . I was at a fair recently and saw a dark skinned, thin pregnant woman wearing an oatmeal colored thin rib knit tank dress, minus a bra or panties. I'm not a clothes snob by any means because not everyone has the means to buy expensive clothes, but at least wear a bra and panties when going outside the house in a light colored dress! 

1 minute ago, speller24 said:

Because I'm ignorant about home births and midwifery, can she attend herself? I know that's super unsafe and holy shit don't do that sweet Jilly Muffin, but would she be dumb enough to do that? 

Attending a birth means being the medical provider, so as the patient you can't attend your own.  That would be considered unattended.  

I would worry for Jill even if her birth with Israel had gone absolutely perfect. I hope she doesn't attempt an unattended birth.

But she'll probably consider her mom and Jana as attendees. If Jessa and Anna did it Jill can! 

I feel like if they actually take the precautions they should, Jill will fear that it looks like "they're not trusting in God enough"... God helps those who help themselves! 

Yes. Yes, she is. The Duggars very much seem to believe that the rules don't apply to them because Jesus. Pre-Israel, everyone thought that Jill was the smartest of the bunch, but it's clear now, through inappropriate car seat fiascos and other parenting fails, that her overwhelming dedication to fundamentalism blinds her to even the most basic parenting norms. Jill has spent so much of her adulthood focused on natural home birthing and probably blames her c-section with Israel for the large gap between her two children. Most people could see clearly that a VBAC would be considerably safer for both momma and baby in the hospital setting, which is why laws were put into place prohibiting homebirth VBACs. However, Jilly Muffin is one of god's super special little snowflakes and is clearly owed the perfect homebirth she always wanted. She's honestly that dumb.

I just feel that Michelle is shrinking more in every photo I see of her. Menopause? 

BIRTH POOL! I took the liberty of pulling together everyone's guesses. If I missed you, please forgive me and let me know!

DATE GUESSES:

albanuadh_1 7/1/2017

fluffernutter 7/2/2017

Dandruff 7/2/2017

Bugaboo 7/3/2017

PumaLover 7/3/2017

Stormy 7/3/2017

KelseyAnn 7/3/2017

meee 7/4/2017

Markie 7/4/2017

So-Virgin-It-Hurts 7/4/2017

BadMammaJana 7/4/2017

jerkit 7/4/2017

Daisy0322 7/4/2017

Bad Wolf 7/4/2017

Tiny Bubbles 7/5/2017

DillyDally 7/5/2017

AlwaysExcited 7/5/2017

Gobsmacked 7/5/2017

singsingsing 7/5/2017

TuringMachine 7/5/2017

Bethella 7/5/2017

danni9242 7/5/2017

The Wanderer 7/5/2017

SapphireSlytherin 7/5/2017

nst 7/5/2017

FundieBunny 7/6/2017

amers 7/6/2017

TeamDefraudinSquad 7/6/2017

HermioneSparrow 7/6/2017

AudreyE 7/6/2017

season of life 7/6/2017

candygirl200413 7/6/2017

Dutch_girl 7/6/2017

Million Children For Jesus 7/6/2017

habert 7/6/2017

Jatalie1996 7/6/2017

speller24 7/7/2017

freshlemonade 7/7/2017

onekidanddone 7/7/2017

LacyMay 7/7/2017

HereticHick 7/7/2017

Greendoor 7/7/2017

marmalade 7/7/2017

Jduggs 7/7/2017

Fluffypaws 7/7/2017

HRM1216 7/7/2017

SunnySideUp 7/8/2017

gilora 7/8/2017

Penny 7/8/2017

Chewing Gum 7/8/2017

CoveredInBees 7/9/2017

coffeebean7 7/9/2017

Mela99 7/9/2017

Nikedagain? 7/9/2017

HarleyQuinn 7/9/2017

justoneoftwo 7/10/2017

CharlieInCharge 7/10/2017

Incognito22 7/10/2017

SorenaJ 7/10/2017

PennySycamore 7/11/2017

Jaedzia 7/11/2017

ViolaSebastian 7/11/2017

VelociRapture 7/12/2017

Miggy 7/13/2017

Exposedknees 7/14/2017

Henk12 7/15/2017

Elvis Presby 7/19/2017

Rachel333 7/19/2017

WEIGHT:

Gobsmacked  5 lbs,  oz

CoveredInBees  6 lbs, 6.6 oz

Markie  7 lbs, 4 oz

fluffernutter  7 lbs, 10 oz

onekidanddone  7 lbs, 17 oz

Greendoor  8 lbs, 0 oz

ViolaSebastian  8 lbs, 3 oz

speller24  8 lbs, 5 oz

CharlieInCharge  8 lbs, 6 oz

Fluffypaws  8 lbs, 10 oz

SorenaJ  8 lbs, 10 oz

Bugaboo  8 lbs, 11 oz

amers  8 lbs, 12 oz

DillyDally  8 lbs, 13.1 oz

Quiver Full of Kittens  8 lbs, 14 oz

Stormy  9 lbs, 0 oz

Tiny Bubbles  9 lbs, 0 oz

albanuadh_1  9 lbs, 2 oz

danni9242  9 lbs, 2 oz

Chewing Gum  9 lbs, 2 oz

HermioneSparrow  9 lbs, 3 oz

LacyMay  9 lbs, 3 oz

HRM1216  9 lbs, 3 oz

Million Children For Jesus  9 lbs, 4 oz

PumaLover  9 lbs, 6 oz

singsingsing  9 lbs, 6 oz

TeamDefraudinSquad  9 lbs, 6 oz

Nikedagain?  9 lbs, 6 oz

candygirl200413  9 lbs, 7 oz

coffeebean7  9 lbs, 8 oz

TuringMachine  9 lbs, 9 oz

AudreyE  9 lbs, 9 oz

Jatalie1996  9 lbs, 9 oz

Daisy0322  9 lbs, 10 oz

season of life  9 lbs, 10 oz

Penny  9 lbs, 10 oz

The Wanderer  9 lbs, 11 oz

Dutch_girl  9 lbs, 11 oz

Incognito22  9 lbs, 11 oz

Bethella  9 lbs, 12 oz

habert  9 lbs, 13 oz

marmalade  9 lbs, 13 oz

gilora  9 lbs, 13 oz

Rachel333  9 lbs, 13 oz

melon  9 lbs, 14 oz

jerkit  9 lbs, 15 oz

freshlemonade  9 lbs, 15 oz

SunnySideUp  9 lbs, high oz

HarleyQuinn  9 lbs, high oz

KelseyAnn  10 lbs, 0 oz

So-Virgin-It-Hurts  10 lbs, 0 oz

Jduggs  10 lbs, 0 oz

email protected  10 lbs, 0 oz

Bad Wolf  10 lbs, 1 oz

Dandruff  10 lbs, 2 oz

Henk12  10 lbs, 6 oz

Jaedzia  10 lbs, 7 oz

Miggy  10 lbs, 9 oz

justoneoftwo  10 lbs,  oz

Exposedknees  10 lbs,  oz

nst  11 lbs, 1 oz

SapphireSlytherin  12 lbs, 13 oz

HereticHick  Size of 777 lbs

Surprise Twins! - BadMommaJana and Gobsmacked

58 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I would worry for Jill even if her birth with Israel had gone absolutely perfect. I hope she doesn't attempt an unattended birth.

But she'll probably consider her mom and Jana as attendees. If Jessa and Anna did it Jill can! 

I feel like if they actually take the precautions they should, Jill will fear that it looks like "they're not trusting in God enough"... God helps those who help themselves! 

I thought Anna and Jessa had midwives at their births? If Jill technically is one, that would mean for  Henry's birth Jessa had one. Anna gave birth with Marcus in a birthing center, right- Mack and Michael's I'm not sure about, and god only knows what happened with Meredith's. But I thought I saw somebody I didn't recognize at Spurgeon's birth, when she finally delivered him? IDK, though. I would bet money either way lol

I agree though, and think Jill will do an unattended. I still think it will end up with her in the hospital. 

@speller24 Mac and Michael were born at home, in the house that Jessa and Dim Bulb currently live in. Mac was born with Teresa Fedosky, the Bradley birthing class instructor, present. Michael was born on the toilet in the main bathroom there - complete with cameraman, midwife, soundman, Anna and Josh. It was definitely not one of Anna's better moments. 

To my untrained eye it looks like baby may be transverse again. Knowing Jill she will probably try a home Vbac which is dangerous. I had 2 successful vbacs but I was in a hospital with professions who could do an emergency c section if something went bad

I love the thread title!

I think she will try a home birth vbac  without an official midwife and will eventually  deliver in a hospital with an emergency C section.  Gotta keep up the drama for TLC with lights and sirens.

Anyway, I think C section delivery on 7/9 with a birthweight of 9 lb 7 oz.

I'm probably giving her & Cowboy Missionary more credit then due but my guess is that the birth is going to be in the hospital. Maybe some early labor at home before going to the same hospital as the c-section. Just basing this on because of the focus of going to the doctors in the latest episodes.

My bet is 7 lbs 10 oz born via C-section on 7/16.

42 minutes ago, ToriT said:

To my untrained eye it looks like baby may be transverse again.

I thought so too. Her pregnant belly has been very wide and low with both pregnancies. Unless she has two 7 pound babies in the anterior position in there.....I'm going with an 11 pounder born on 7/13 via c/section.

I knew a few people who had unattended births. I don't think it's at all a safe or smart option, but they at least had had several successful vaginal births. I would soooo hope she wouldn't even think of doing unattended after a c-section. That would be crazy.

Michelle- I actually think she looks good for Michelle. Her body is probably thanking her for not getting pregnant every 18 months.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived