IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Do they think women have to go through the pain cause it's "Eve's curse"? I can't remember if any of the Duggar hospital births used epidurals or the like.

Yes, childbirth is painful because of Eve's curse (in their teachings)

I wash my sheets every two weeks... usually. Sometimes it's closer to three. I love the feeling of clean sheets so I try to do it more often, since it's just me and it doesn't take me long to make a queen bed. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually wash everything in cold water (permanent press cycle)  and I don't sort clothes for the most part, but I'll wash the bed linens separately.  That's just easier.  I also don't dry everything.  Most of my gauze shirts, I hang up to drip dry.  When my husband was out of the country for two weeks, sometimes I didn't use the dryer at all and I washed on delicate.

I don't think my husband would mind if I never washed the sheets.  That reminds me -they're overdue to be washed.  Off to the laundry!

Correction--

I predicted the big ol' gringo baby will be born today, 7/07/2017 and be the size of a Triple-7 (Boeing 777) airplane, not 777 lbs.  : )

Meredith was born the day that TLC announced the cancellation of the series wasn't she?

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Her father being outed as a child molester and invoking the rage of the general public happened.

I know that was going on at that time, but these are the Duggars. They can't wait and are always eager to announce the arrival of a new blessing. Why the wait?

2 hours ago, catlady said:

i wash almost everything in cold.  i'll do small loads in warm/hot when necessary, and i line-dry a lot of things (i have a six-row clothesline in the basement that gets filled up every week).  i also line-dry all sheets outside in the summer, towels too if it's windy.

I don't line dry, but everything is washed on cold. I also don't bleach whites, most of our stuff isn't solid white anyway, not sure how that would play out. 

sometimes it's colorfast.  i've bleached some cottons that came out almost the same color that they went in.  but Mr. CL favors white undershirts, so they get bleached now and then.

NO undershirts here usually.

As for our sheets, I'm HORRIBLE... maybe 1x a month? unless otherwise needed.  And I LOVE clean sheets, I just hate changing them all out.

Every two or three weeks for me in winter.  Slightly more often in the summer.

For my husband and I's clothes, I do:  colors that can go in the dryer, colors that can't go in the dryer (I hang these on a drying rack), and whites.  For the rest of the house I do:  son 1's  stuff (although luckily he does his own most of the time now), son 2's stuff, son 3's stuff, white towels, colored towels, sheets, and dog blankets.  Sheesh when I type it all out it seems like a lot of categories!  I change the sheets once a month.  I wish I had the time to do it more often.  

My guess is that Samuel will be born July 12, which also happens to be my dad's birthday. He'll weigh an even 9 pounds. My sister's birthday is today and she shares it with James Duggar. Why not add another? >_>

24 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

I know that was going on at that time, but these are the Duggars. They can't wait and are always eager to announce the arrival of a new blessing. Why the wait?

If Meredith had not been the spawn of Smugturd (who should've been swallowed), I'm sure she would've been announced right away. In light of the scandals coming out so close to her birth, they waited to announce her.

If Jill or Jessa had been married long enough to produce a child at that time, it probably would've been announced right away to distract from all the bad press.

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

If you don't sort, you can't bleach your whites. If your warm cycle is too warm, it can damage clothes that are supposed to be washed cold. I do loads of warm, cold, whites (on hot with bleach), and a smaller cold load on the delicate setting. We're a two-person household, but we don't get around to doing the laundry all that frequently anyway. If you want to never have a full hamper, then it would be tempting to wash everything together. The one thing I have no patience with is "warm delicate." They can go with the warms or the delicates and deal with it.

First, I admit I am a domestic failboat.

All things are washed in cold water (the hot valve isn't even turned on) with the permanent press cycle.  Apart from gym socks, we don't actually own anything that's white. I had to think about this, but towels, underwear, regular clothes, etc., nothing we have is white. I am the kind of person where no matter how hard I try, if I wear white, I will get something on it, usually when I'm far away from a change of clothes so that the whole world can see. I'm just lucky that way.

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

How often do you guys wash your bedsheets? My parents always taught us every week but neither of my siblings do it. I did all 4 years at school (especially when sophomore year I got ringworm and they had to be changed essentially every other day till it cleared up). My friends/rooommates did maybe twice a month if they remember.

I do weekly, not because I'm the most motivated person but because switching to weekly did wonders for allergies and asthma. 

Perimenopause is a bitch night sweats suck, so once a week with the sheets more if I'd get off my cheap ass and buy another set of sheets.  But I hate trying to fold fitted sheets, especially on a queen size bed. I make my kids wash their own now. DD has a loft bed so we do have to help her get them off and on but DS does his own at least twice a week and I do NOT want to know why.  :brainbleach:

Every Friday morning. Friday is a cleaning day for us so the house is nice and clean for us being home over the weekend. Aside from helping our allergies, we both break out like a teenage boy on steroids if we go much over a week without changing/washing. Back during the perimenopause crap it sometimes had to be daily. :(  I prefer to at a minimum have the pillowcases and top half of the top sheet ironed (if not the entire set!) but occasionally will stick a wrinkled mess on the bed. 

I only use white sheets on all the beds, for the master bedroom I change the sheets every week. 

I wash on cold only with delicate cycle, use the dryer things like socks and workout clothes. Everything else I hang.  

Recently replaced my front loader with a top loader, best decision ever.  I hated my front loader.

Baby Sammy will be born on July 8, 2017 and weigh 8 lbs 3 oz

I used to sort lights and darks, but now I use colorfast sheets and am not so strict with sorting. I do not mix jeans and white  t-shirts or any garment that looks like it might bleed.  All of my hub's work shirts go to the dry cleaners, weekly. We have the service that picks them up and delivers them the next week. I hang dry most of my own clothes. I wash sheets and towels weekly. 

We we recently bought a washer/dryer single unit machine. So far I am loving it.

i have more sets of sheets than i'm willing to admit (i look for clearance sales, i stick to a max purchase price, and i'm not particular about colors/prints).  i do have one set where the cuff on the top sheet gets a deep crease in the same place, so i press it if i have the iron out.   but aside from that, i don't iron sheets; it's more a time factor than anything else.

My guess: Samuelito doesn't want to come out until 15.07 via C-section.

Jill will try to labor by herself but "chooses" to go to the hospital even though "there is no emergency yet".

I wish her a good birth and no traumatic birth as with Israel.

@itqitc,  I'm just the opposite.  I switched from a top loader to a front loader about 5 years ago and I'll never go back.  Sometimes, I'd have to basically climb in the drum to get stuff out from the bottom of our old top loader, but have no trouble at all getting wet clothes out a front loader.

@SassyPants, the most recent House Beautiful, which was all about small spaces, had a blurb those combo washer/dryers.

Sheets - every three weeks - white sheets, and a duvet cover which i wash 

with melaluca 

I have the window open all the way in the summer and a tiny bit closed in the winter 

and bucket list is to get a washer and dryer in my apartment and not have to get up at 5 am and do the laundry in the communal place downstairs

:D 

Sheets once a week - off the bed/into washer/into dryer/back on the bed. No folding required.

Laundry - all sorted. Towels washed/dried on HOT with color-safe bleach. Dark socks/underwear washed in hot with color-safe bleach. White towels/underwear/socks on HOT with bleach. Shrinkables on cold, dried on low or on the line. Everything else (sorted by darks/lights/reds) on warm, with low-temp dryer.

Top-load with agitator. Front-loaders don't get clothes clean enough for me.

I wash bedding in hot water to get rid of dust mites. Everything else is washed in cold. For clothes, I'll do one load of things that get regular tumble dry treatment and a separate load for things that need to air dry. I just moved into a new apartment without a washer/dryer in the unit - it's the first time since 2005 that I've had to take my clothes to a laundry-mat. We have a laundry room in the building - $1.75 per load to wash, and another $1.75 to dry. There is a full service laundry shop across the street - they have self serve washers/dryers, along with full service wash/dry/fold for $1.20/pound. My plan right now is to wash my delicate/air dry items by hand, pay for wash/dry/fold service for the rest of my clothing, and do a monthly coin-op laundry party for linens and towels. 

2, gas only, (nurse) midwife led, births in hospital. 1 episiotomy, that left me unable to poo for 10 days, and unable to do the wink wink, nudge nudge, with himself for 6 months, 1 tear, that I recovered very quickly from, and my bed linens get boil washed and line dried (weather permitting) every Friday :content:

58 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@itqitc,  I'm just the opposite.  I switched from a top loader to a front loader about 5 years ago and I'll never go back.  Sometimes, I'd have to basically climb in the drum to get stuff out from the bottom of our old top loader, but have no trouble at all getting wet clothes out a front loader.

@SassyPants, the most recent House Beautiful, which was all about small spaces, had a blurb those combo washer/dryers.

OMG we got a new washer, top loading, last winter. I cannot reach anything on the bottom! I tried a step stool, that didn't work, so now I have a long plastic pasta spoon to grab the stuff. Such a big pain.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived