Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Anybody else feel a little hope that Jana might have a special someone?

Erm, depends on who that is! Hope? I hope it's someone who will treat her well, with the experience of Jeremy, the patience of Ben and JD and ideally someone who has more insight into things and his privileges (who is wise!). Not just some dude... But who are we kidding?

1 hour ago, SadieJane said:

I believe she does, but this, this seems like a get closer into the family and catch the eye of the bachelor till the rapture. You know that JD just became the George Clooney of the ILBP.  I think Ms Laura is trying to catch a man!

Man (! ), I would so love to say something about that right now but I can't!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, pamplemousse said:

Is anyone still keeping track of real commercials/advertisers or lack thereof? I saw a commercial for the new Despicable 3 movie, which I am sure no Duggar child would ever be allowed to watch.

Wow! Family movie advertising in connection with that brand?! What are Pixar thinking?

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Add Jessa to that list too. Way too young for the sag.

Heck - I'm 34 and was a big girl in that department. In the last month or so mine have totally reversed polarity and I'm too young for this.

6 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Them asking Jinger if she was pregnant was very awkward. Her face looked like she wanted to murder them. Which kind of surprised me, because it wasn't that long ago that she was living at home and asking these same questions to Anna, Jill, and Jessa. So for her to act that way now, I definitely am in the band wagon that Jinger has very much reevaluated some of her beliefs (SOME---clearly not all). After the conversation I was imagining Jinger going to a mirror and staring at her self in a pair of skinny jeans thinking "suck it bitches".

It could also be because she really wants to be pregnant but it hasn't happened yet. I was so convincing in my ”oh I don't even know if I want children” while we were trying that several friends were surprised when Miniway finally came.

I hope you're right and she didn't bawl her eyes out once she was alone. 

6 hours ago, SadieJane said:

Also, why does Jill always have to make everything all about her.... Has she had her baby yet? Can they head back down to convert other christians to christianity yet?

"Converting Christians to Christianity" needs to be a post count title! :D 

10 hours ago, nst said:

can that not happen ? serious question 

and I really can't stand Jill and Joy and Austin are nauseating because it is just so forced 

Most women don't feel kicking or movement until the second trimester when the fetus is bigger (so after 13 weeks.) However, this is Jill's second pregnancy and she knows what it feels like when the fetus moves now. If her placenta attached close to her back then it's possible she could feel kicking early. First time mom's tend to feel a definite movement between 16 and 25 weeks. Second time mom's can feel movement much earlier, closer to 13 weeks.

I felt my daughter move for the first time at around 16 or 17 weeks - her placenta attached close to my back, so when she kicked my uterus she was kicking close to my belly.

Sorry this was such a late answer. I skipped reading the thread until this morning.

(And disclaimer - THESE ARE AVERAGES, NOT SET TIME FRAMES!!!!! TALK TO YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER IF YOU ARE CONCERNED AT ALL!!! ------> in case anyone pregnant sees this and gets worried.)

ETA: Because I finally made it through the thread -

1. If Jinger participated in questioning Anna and her married sisters about whether they were pregnant after two seconds of marriage... then suck it up buttercup. You reap what you sow and fair is fair. If not, then Jing, slap on some jeans, a sleeveless top, and go hog wild on the town with your husband (who seems to actually have a job.) 

2. Jessa doesn't portray a fully realistic picture of parenthood on her social media because she really only shares the cute and pretty moments. A lot of people take this approach, so I'm not criticizing her at all. But I do find it a bit funny that people were shocked that Spurgeon may not be the well-behaved and perfect kid he appears to be on Instagram. I have no doubts that it's likely the same case with the other kids, including Israel - they likely all have moments where they behave well or badly because, despite their parents, they're toddlers exhibiting normal behavior.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

2. Jessa doesn't portray a fully realistic picture of parenthood on her social media because she really only shares the cute and pretty moments. A lot of people take this approach, so I'm not criticizing her at all. But I do find it a bit funny that people were shocked that Spurgeon may not be the well-behaved and perfect kid he appears to be on Instagram. I have no doubts that it's likely the same case with the other kids, including Israel - they likely all have moments where they behave well or badly because, despite their parents, they're toddlers exhibiting normal behavior.

well now I firmly believe now Jessa is cultivating a brand with Spurgeon and Henry because I totally thought he was the perfect child until I saw last night.  Again no kiddies here so I guess I had no clue.  But wow with him hitting and crying it must be hard but she seemed to handle it.  He even slapped Ben at the end. Since Jill never posts of Izzy I can only imagine how affected he is. 

8 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

So you don't think she has someone?

The way it was stated was odd, she sort of mumbled that she had permission to tell the person that she told. Then the producer asked her and she basically shouted "Nooo!" Then Joy added in "Not that she would tell you anyway." I want Jana to have a special someone, if that's what Jana wants. So...we'll see. As always take it with a hefty grain of salt. 

7 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

At 12 weeks I think Jill was probably just feeling los tacos she ate for lunch.

Guys. It's Taco Tuesday! In honor of the Duggars:

IMG_8826.PNG.60e03dd078c94e3b7ff16178003574e0.PNG

:laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, nst said:

well now I firmly believe now Jessa is cultivating a brand with Spurgeon and Henry because I totally thought he was the perfect child until I saw last night.  Again no kiddies here so I guess I had no clue.  But wow with him hitting and crying it must be hard but she seemed to handle it.  He even slapped Ben at the end. Since Jill never posts of Izzy I can only imagine how affected he is. 

I really don't think it's entirely a brand thing. Many parents choose to only show their kids behaving well or looking happy on social media. I much prefer that style to parents who seriously overshare (I'm talking photos of baby having a massive blowout type oversharing) - mostly because oversharing has the potential to really embarrass the kid later on. But to each their own. As long as you're providing a loving and safe home for your kid you can do what you want, so long as it's legal and isn't harmful to your kid.

Jill and Derick don't post as much partly because they don't seem to always have reliable internet. It's possible that they also got sick of the at times valid at times not valid criticisms lobbed their way. What she does post indicates Izzy is probably a relatively normal kid though (regardless of how involved or hands off his parents may be or what methods they may or may not use.)

One thing you should keep in mind is that toddlers (like Izzy and Spurgeon) can't communicate effectively. They want to very badly, but many times they just can't. They have real emotions like adults and they get frustrated like adults... but they lack impulse control and a firm grasp on what behavior is or isn't ok. Spurgeon hitting his mom like that isn't acceptable behavior, but it's relatively normal behavior for a toddler who is frustrated or upset. Same with Izzy not seeming to know how to share well.

Just now, VelociRapture said:

I really don't think it's entirely a brand thing. Many parents choose to only show their kids behaving well or looking happy on social media.

I am not a mother and don't have kids - what I look endlessly is open houses online....so discussing Jessa on how she cultivates her brand is the only way I can connect.  I think Jessa is selling her brand because of her show and her speeches.  Jessa clearly knows what she posts and just became evident to me last night probably again because I don't have the youngin's 

I am making an observation - perhaps Jessa would be even more "normal" and not so perfect if she did show Spurge acting out. done

The discussion on posting/what is posted on instagram makes me think about the Sophie Kinsella book My Not so Perfect Life (read it for book club) where the whole thing was people can make their lives look as perfect as can be on instagram....the reality is often different.

2 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

The discussion on posting/what is posted on instagram makes me think about the Sophie Kinsella book My Not so Perfect Life (read it for book club) 

best book ever - I love her books and that book in particular I love 

Does blanket training on a very young infant Prevent regular toddler behaviour or is that nipped in the bud?

If Spurgeon is having tantrums and hitting would that be an indication of no blanket training?

Spurgeon seems to be exercising his preferences and emotions like any toddler.

Jeeez I hate writing out that ugly name for such a cute kid.

5 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Jeeez I hate writing out that ugly name for such a cute kid.

He might not be cute for long. There is a good chance that one day he will be just as self-righteous and ugly on the inside as his parents. Then his name will fit him.

Michelle definitely only had her kids filmed with good behaviour at the beginning. She had to guard and maintain all those perfect, parenting methods she was espousing.  

I can see if the kids who have children being stressed (Jill) if their children are not perfect in public and on screen.  It would give an automatic fail in their eyes, knowing the public saw their kids misbehave.  

That being said a spouse not being raised with or viewing blanket training would not be alarmed at toddler behaviour.

What do you think?

Jessa was clearly telling Spurgeon "no" when he was hitting her. Sure at first, she tried to just put his hands down but it definitely ended in a no. Ben too seems to have a grasp that they are going to need to work with him. That being said Spurgeon is not even 2. He's going to act up. So is Izzy, they're kids! That's what kids do! 

6 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Heck - I'm 34 and was a big girl in that department. In the last month or so mine have totally reversed polarity and I'm too young for this.

The bigger they are the harder they fall. Gravity is an even bigger bitch than karma. 

11 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

Michelle definitely only had her kids filmed with good behaviour at the beginning. She had to guard and maintain all those perfect, parenting methods she was espousing.  

I can see if the kids who have children being stressed (Jill) if their children are not perfect in public and on screen.  It would give an automatic fail in their eyes, knowing the public saw their kids misbehave.  

That being said a spouse not being raised with or viewing blanket training would not be alarmed at toddler behaviour.

What do you think?

I didn't think Izzy or Sprgey did anything bratty or obnoxious last night.  I saw 2 toddlers being toddlers. When they were trying to get S to meet his little brother, that kid was freaked the hell out, he knew something was weird but he couldn't figure it out and he was reacting to that. When my DD was born my DS was 27 months old when he came into the hospital room with grandma & grandpa to see mom & dad and baby sister, he flipped his shit, he was crying and just generally inconsolable.  After a little while we got everyone to leave us alone with him and he snuggled up to daddy, he was afraid of me in the bed (I had a c/section so I couldn't get up) so I held dd & daddy held ds and we talked to him and it took about 15 minutes for him to decide he wanted to see beebee (as he called her).  He was very unhappy the whole time I was in the hospital and one of the reasons I left 48 hours after my c/section, he needed mommy  so I went home.   Spurge was 15 months old I understand they wanted that sweet moment of siblings meeting but it just wasn't going to happen right then, as you read I did the same thing.

Toddlers are amazing creatures their logic defies logic, they have no reasoning skills at that age and you have a better chance of nailing jello to a wall than getting a toddler to do what you want when you want him to with out beating him into submission.  I hope Jessa & Ben keep allowing Suprgy to be a wormy misbehaving little boy with firm rules & expectations, that is how children thrive, with room to move but boundaries to keep them from hurting themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Fluffy14 said:

What do you think?

I think it very much depends on all the individual personalities involved. So it's time tough to know. Best guess:

A laid back couple with a free house and family nearby to help likely won't be as stressed out and wouldn't care as much if their toddler acts up on camera occasionally. A stressed out couple living far away without consistent help and a rowdy toddler who have previously faced criticism for their parenting choices (valid or not) may care more.

Prior experience with young kids likely matters a lot too. If you've been around toddlers enough then you start to get what is or isn't normal behavior for most kids that age. And patience level too. A patient parent may be less likely to implement blanket training.

(Again, can't know for sure and these are strictly guesses. Too many factors to really make any solid predictions.) 

10 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jessa was clearly telling Spurgeon "no" when he was hitting her. Sure at first, she tried to just put his hands down but it definitely ended in a no. Ben too seems to have a grasp that they are going to need to work with him. That being said Spurgeon is not even 2. He's going to act up. So is Izzy, they're kids! That's what kids do! 

Two year olds are monstrous little things.  Adorable, but monstrous.  Sounds like he's arrived a little early at the stage, but this at least tells us he's not been "trained up" Pearl-style.  Yet.

If the Josh thing(s) told us anything it's that we have no idea what really goes on behind closed doors  and that nearly everything on the show is some form of stagecraft. 

When I see exceptionally sunny, happy social media pages of folks I know only a little I always question reality. Is there a reason they try so hard to present a picture of total radiant happiness when we know real life is hard for 99% of us?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Guys. It's Taco Tuesday! In honor of the Duggars:

Spoiler

IMG_8826.PNG.60e03dd078c94e3b7ff16178003574e0.PNG

:laughing-rolling:

UMM, two tacos? That is disgusting, at least  get a taquito or burrito in there. 2 Tacos goes against God's will, have you no decency? 

13 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

who are Fundie Juno & Bleeker?  Also, after every sentence, my husband says "that's what Josh said",  I'm laughing so hard I'm snorting. 

Joy and Austin . I think he looks just like the guy that played bleeker in juno

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Jill... Duggar?  I am confused.

I was just being an ass. I think she was pretty much married to the big house before, raising her buddy team like a good old sister wife.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived