IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

I will never understand Prosperity Gospel - it's an oxymoron.  

Jesus did not teach that, so can these people really be seen as Christian?  

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

@JillyO You've probably given this consideration, but I feel it's important enough to bring up just in case. If you have a child here, that child is a U.S. citizen and for the entirety of his/her life will owe U.S. taxes, even if he/she leaves the day after birth and never returns, and never works a day in the USA. Unless he/she renounces U.S. Citizenship. People used to get away with not paying, but now we have FATCA, so if you don't pay, you may end up with IRS tax liens or tax evasion charges. 

THis is true, to a point, there are many many many tax treaties in place for those with dual citizen ship so that income taxes don't have to be paid in both places. Take a look on the IRS site and they are all there. (Germany has one with the US!)

1 hour ago, Greendoor said:

I will never understand Prosperity Gospel - it's an oxymoron.  

Jesus did not teach that, so can these people really be seen as Christian?  

Personally I don't think so.  One thing the right has done in this country is make Christianity synonymous with conservatism, to the point where peole will say if you aren't a republican you aren't a Christian.  And over the last 35 or so years have taken Christ out of Christianity, the republicans stand for everything Christ stood against, but they have claimed the moral high ground with Gods, Guns & Gays.  They've dismantled public education white washed history, refused to allow science into schools, all while whining about religious persecution. As they are burning atheists at the stake for not agreeing with them cry about being bullied by elitist leftists with fancy degrees and bibleless libraries.   They are very good at playing the victim and getting their message across succinctly, where Liberals think too much and require much more than a bumper sticker to start a movement.  This is a bit over simplified but it is the jist of 35 years of messaging that the left hasn't been able to grasp for one reason or another.  

8 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Should be okay. It's 20yrs since I was in the ambulance brigade, but even back then we trained for such an eventuality. - If an ambulance hits someone, there's two courses of action: either way you call a different vehicle to transport the casualty, then if you have no patient on board you provide minimum care to preserve life until colleagues arrive (as little contact as possible for legal stuff) then turn over care to the other team; if you have a patient on board though, your primary duty is to them.

Hope your  relative is doing okay now @HarryPotterFan

Thanks! I think he's doing well. He's still recovering (I believe the accident happened about 6 months ago). He's in his eighties, so his age just exacerbates things. Can you imagine being an ambulance driver in that situation? "Hey dispatch, we need another ambulance and I need to get fired."

@Flossie That's horrible!

I think I grossed about 21k last year... I can't afford insurance. Texas didn't expand medicaid, and the insurance offered through my work is sucky and expensive. When I tried to get insurance through the marketplace, I basically got told "you don't make enough to use any of our discounts, you're poor enough for medicaid, but since Texas wouldn't expand it,  we won't fine you".... gee thanks, lol...

It sucks not having insurance, but honestly, I grew up without it.  The only time I've had insurance, aside from being on medicaid as a young child, was when I was married. Thankfully, my ex in in the Army, so my son is covered by Tri-Care, so at least I don't have to worry about him. I just hope nothing happens to me that my car insurance or workman's comp won't cover

13 hours ago, karen77 said:

THis is true, to a point, there are many many many tax treaties in place for those with dual citizen ship so that income taxes don't have to be paid in both places. Take a look on the IRS site and they are all there. (Germany has one with the US!)

When the US is concerned the existence of a tax treaty doesn't mean that a US citizen living abroad doesn't have to file US taxes and won't be taxed twice. Generally speaking it allows you to deduct some or all of the taxes paid to the foreign government from your US return. 

Signed, someone who has cut more than one check to the IRS despite living and working in a country with a tax treaty. 

ETA: The US-Swiss tax treaty allowed for the Swiss government to refund us taxes paid to the Swiss government when cashing out our government pensions after leaving the country upon providing proof that we had paid tax on the money to the IRS. It did not keep us from owing the IRS the difference between the percentage of tax paid to the Swiss federal government and the percentage the US federal government would apply--and since most income tax in CH is levied at the Cantonal level (which either we couldn't deduct or could only deduct part of), we got seriously screwed courtesy of my Uncle Sam. 

Mattel gave Barbie a new Ken.  Let's call him DericKen.

He gags when his legs and arms are bent to running position.

Pinch his man bun and he says, "Hola," with the "h" aspirated: "hoh-lahhh."

DericKen.png

22 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

Mattel gave Barbie a new Ken.  Let's call him DericKen.

He gags when his legs and arms are bent to running position.

Pinch his man bun and he says, "Hola," with the "h" aspirated: "hoh-lahhh."

I'm dead. :laughing-rolling:

You forgot his wife though!

IMG_8554.JPG.3737a6063cf4dddd396eeb06b7628afc.JPG

She carries around a Spanish dictionary (because she still isn't fluent) and says things like, "totally" and "blessings" when you press a button on her back. 

(high pitch baby-voice squeal-gush:) 'His wife is precious!'

Precious perfect right on, especially Jarbie-Jilly's t-shirt and sandals! (Nike on JJ's denim skirt. My eyes are on the ground....can't look, can't look!)

She needs a modesty panel under that skirt. I see KNEES. Lately I've been finding naked Barbies (nike) at thrift stores and knitting clothes for them after a good cleaning. So far I have a mermaid and I'm working on a ballerina. I'll donate them to our church bazaar.

8 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

naked Barbies (nike)

:pb_lol:

Actually, now that you mentioned "nike", a naked Barbie would probably be a huge issue to the Duggars (and for most of other fundies as well - Steve Maxwell, anyone?!?). They must have seen tons of naked Barbies at thrift stores - I'd love to know how they react. It must be hard to live in such a fucked up way that even a naked non-realistic plastic doll might defraud you.

Nike Barbie.    I mean, they have had Malibu Barbie, Holiday Barbie and all kinds of Barbies, so why not Nike Barbie?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm dead. :laughing-rolling:

You forgot his wife though!

IMG_8554.JPG.3737a6063cf4dddd396eeb06b7628afc.JPG

She carries around a Spanish dictionary (because she still isn't fluent) and says things like, "totally" and "blessings" when you press a button on her back. 

Looks like Jessa!!

21 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Does anyone else notice that Jill and Derick always post terrible quality photos? 

Some people just aren't good at taking photos. I take fairly decent photos most of the time. I have noticed, however, that the photos I take using my iPhone come out much better if I don't switch the camera so I can see what I'm taking a picture of on the screen. It's possible that the Dills take selfies that way because it's easier to make sure they're both in the shot, are posed halfway decent, etc.

ETA: Plus the cave photo most likely didn't have great lighting, which can impact the quality of the photo as well.

24 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Some people just aren't good at taking photos. I take fairly decent photos most of the time. I have noticed, however, that the photos I take using my iPhone come out much better if I don't switch the camera so I can see what I'm taking a picture of on the screen. It's possible that the Dills take selfies that way because it's easier to make sure they're both in the shot, are posed halfway decent, etc.

ETA: Plus the cave photo most likely didn't have great lighting, which can impact the quality of the photo as well.

Sure there could be reasons that their photos come out blurry, but my point is why POST the blurry ones? They are clearly capable of taking/posting clear ones, as they have done it before. If a photo's so blurry that it could give someone a headache to look at it, it's probably not worthy of Instagram.

When I saw the Olive Garden reference I may have asked "But was that a NICE Olive Garden"  (thank you Jill Rodrigues)

How do the Dullards react when the waiter offers them wine, like they always do at Olive Garden?  Do they get all preachy or just say no, thank you?

Why in the name of all that is holy did they give Ken a man bun? No. Just no. Bad Mattel, bad. Go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

Well if Jill and Derick don't have the highest quality camera on their phones I am not going to snark. Who cares? At least they aren't pocketing donations on extra nice things like high def phones for instagram. I get snarking on people for snark worthy things but sometimes these people are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Who cares if they don't want to show their knees? As a woman she should cover what she wants covered. If she wants her butt cheeks out she should show them! I just think it's funny how a lot of people on here claim to be so tolerant but freak out when a woman wants to cover her knees and then makes fun of her for doing so. 

Do the Dillard's followers not note that they are currently on a lovely little "vacation"/anniversary celebration trip, go out to eat - yet continuously beg for money to support their lifestyle?

Their "ministry" is a sham, they won't get jobs, they want endless kids - yet they fully expect that they are entitled to have all this paid for by "donations" from idiots who actually believe that they are godly people doing "god's work".

How dumb do you have to be to believe these two grifting freaks are anything but lying, grifting cons?

3 minutes ago, nssherlock said:

How dumb do you have to be to believe these two grifting freaks are anything but lying, grifting cons?

The people that believe this also believe in an invisible man in the sky who watches every.single.thing they do and will dole out punishment for "sinning"....

How do the Dullards react when the waiter offers them wine, like they always do at Olive Garden?  Do they get all preachy or just say no, thank you?

I wonder that too! My fundie ex and I used to go out to Olive Garden (we only have one, there's no NICE one) and he would be really uncomfortable when they busted out the wine. We graduated from college in 2002 and my dad bought champagne for us. I drank a glass or two and his whole family said no thank you but were clearly uncomfortable. I'm guessing they all believe that wine means grape juice, too.

20 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

:pb_lol:

Actually, now that you mentioned "nike", a naked Barbie would probably be a huge issue to the Duggars (and for most of other fundies as well - Steve Maxwell, anyone?!?). They must have seen tons of naked Barbies at thrift stores - I'd love to know how they react. It must be hard to live in such a fucked up way that even a naked non-realistic plastic doll might defraud you.

My Great-Grandma would get furious whenever she noticed my aunts and mother had left their barbies naked. They used to hide them under the bed so they wouldn't get caught. 

13 hours ago, nssherlock said:

Do the Dillard's followers not note that they are currently on a lovely little "vacation"/anniversary celebration trip, go out to eat - yet continuously beg for money to support their lifestyle?

Their "ministry" is a sham, they won't get jobs, they want endless kids - yet they fully expect that they are entitled to have all this paid for by "donations" from idiots who actually believe that they are godly people doing "god's work".

Gosh. ALL of this needs to be on a billboard somewhere for their financial supporters to see. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived