IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't know about the be even more horrible part. Without getting into it too much, I don't choose to believe because I can't cope, that's a stereotype.

Whether atheist or not, aggressive anger persuades no one, especially when it crosses into disrespect and ridicule. To each their own. 

I definitely wouldn't want to paint everyone with the same brush.  I don't think emotional weakness is what motivates most people of faith.  

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that they are in Missouri, what are the midwife rules for a VBAC there? :my_rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Lurky said:

What even is a babymoon??  Sounds like it should be a honeymoon after a baby is born, but obviously not.

It's meant to be the last holiday just as a couple, without children. Until they become adults you'll never get time alone together on a romantic holiday! (Unless you leave the kids behind and go on holidays without them!)

15 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

It's meant to be the last holiday just as a couple, without children. Until they become adults you'll never get time alone together on a romantic holiday! (Unless you leave the kids behind and go on holidays without them!)

Thank you!  I'm laughing at the last parentheses as they already have a kid, so that doesn't make sense - and wow, in classic-Duggar terms, that definition, last holiday as a couple without children is also their first one, with their intention of getting pregnant on honeymoons.......

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I would imagine they get preachy and tell the waiter that it was grape juice in the bible. Take your devil juice and shove it. 

One thing I will never understand about this argument: if the wine Jesus turned water into was really more like grape juice than why is the same Greek word for it used in Ephesians when Paul wrote about not getting drunk on it? When last I checked you cant really get drunk on grape juice. 

1 hour ago, subsaharanafrica said:

One thing I will never understand about this argument: if the wine Jesus turned water into was really more like grape juice than why is the same Greek word for it used in Ephesians when Paul wrote about not getting drunk on it? When last I checked you cant really get drunk on grape juice. 

I think how fundies insist that the wine was grape juice is so incredibly stupid. Just cause Jesus drank wine (and made wine) doesn't mean you have to start chugging wine to be just like your lord and savior. I mean, children drank beer in the Middle Ages and I see no one saying that means kids should drink it now. 

I get that it's sacred text but it's funny how the perfect KJV meant grape juice, not wine, but the passages about a man laying with a man are not open to interpretation. 

Jill's latest Instagram post y'all!! Back in the good ol' days before Derrick went wack!! 

IMG_0150.PNG

Worth the wait? Wasn't she like 22 when she got married?

35 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Yes, totally ancient! ;) Prince Charming took too long. 

ETA: BEC but that picture shows how ill fitted the top of her dress was. 

22 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Worth the wait?

Maybe she's talking about waiting for the horizontal bop?

32 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

22 and had known the guy a year, tops. 

I've never read the bible but I still know that Jesus had wine. He was Jewish and we celebrate every occasion with a blessing and a glass of wine.

I'm dead. :laughing-rolling:
You forgot his wife though!
IMG_8554.JPG.3737a6063cf4dddd396eeb06b7628afc.JPG
She carries around a Spanish dictionary (because she still isn't fluent) and says things like, "totally" and "blessings" when you press a button on her back. 

This could be the official Barbie for the brunette Bates ladies.[emoji16]

I read it as that she's waited for a functioning marriage - but, I'm probably wearing my Miss Cynical hat again. 

38 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe she's talking about waiting for the horizontal bop?

Eh, 22 is still a pretty average age to wait till bopping, so I'm still going to roll my eyes at her. :pb_lol:

18 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

And being an asshole doesn't mean you're an atheist...

That's why I said it was nice to meet some that weren't. I certainly wasn't implying that all athesits are assholes when I am one myself. 

@Lurky,  another definition of babymoon (and the one I'm most familiar with) is that mom and newborn baby stay home for a few days to a few weeks with no basically no visitors and nothing to do other than getting to know one another and rest. In other words, it's like a honeymoon for mom, baby and maybe mom's partner.   A postpartum doula is a huge help with this type of babymoon.  This obviously is NOT the type of babymoon that the Dullards are referring to.

You can't exactly say it was 'worth the wait' if you have nothing to compare it to. Assuming she meant no kissingor sex til marriage.

if she meant it in a Trust God to find you a man in time  kind of way I guess I'll give her a pass but three or four years out of high school isn't quite a wait. I've waited longer than that for certain books to be published.

Embarrassing truth moment: I didn't have my first kiss til I was 21! I am no fundie, extremely liberal.

He was not worth the wait. Not at all. Just get that awkward moment over in middle school, folks, so it doesn't hang over your head.b

I don't think it's embarrassing to have your first kiss (or boyfriend, or whatever) at... well, definitely not at 21, but not at any age. I don't know why people think it's a race or a competition or something. It's a shame there's so much social pressure for something that literally has no effect on anyone but the individual. Also, this type of thing (being "late" for various romantic or sexual milestones) is far, far more common than most people believe, because (again, unfortunately) people are too embarrassed to talk about it. If I had a dollar for every stranger on the internet I've seen reluctantly admit to being "late" for their first kiss/boyfriend/sexual encounter/whatever, I'd be rich.

11 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I think how fundies insist that the wine was grape juice is so incredibly stupid. Just cause Jesus drank wine (and made wine) doesn't mean you have to start chugging wine to be just like your lord and savior. I mean, children drank beer in the Middle Ages and I see no one saying that means kids should drink it now. 

I get that it's sacred text but it's funny how the perfect KJV meant grape juice, not wine, but the passages about a man laying with a man are not open to interpretation. 

In the SDA world in the 70s, we were taught that 'wine' was a mistranslation. Communion in my church was a wafer and grape juice. 

Jesus would never drink alcohol because it's against SDA rules. ;).

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Eh, 22 is still a pretty average age to wait till bopping, so I'm still going to roll my eyes at her. :pb_lol:

Maybe true, but 22 sure is not the average for having your baby brother tag along on all your dates.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived