IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

I wish one of these couples would stand up to their parents and crazy fundy teachings and say, "Leave us alone!" 

They have been taught since before birth to remain virgins until they are married, they have went to several retreats which reinforce that belief, they only associate with similar KJV Bible reading folks and their own parents have very successful (long lasting) marriages after kissing and cuddling while dating or engaged. If each young couple makes their own rules for dating and engagement, why not have more alone time and some physical expressions of love?

They don't have to go out and shag in the made for tv tree fort, but couldn't one couple have an original thought and say "No! The no kissing and touching thing is not for us. Kudos to you who want to wait and have your first kiss with a live audience of 1000 and a tv audience in the millions, but we'd prefer that moment to be private and we'd prefer getting to know each other without a chaperone. You raised us to truly value and believe in purity before marriage, so trust us to do what is right!"

I want Joe and Kendra to be this couple...

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Good grief! Just saw on the nightly news about a wedding where the bride handed her bouquet to her friend, told her to turn around, and boom! The friend got engaged. It was not the Duggar wedding. Don't tell me Joe is a trendsetter! Or is this a new trend, getting engaged at a friend's wedding?

I've heard about this kind of Stuff before. The Duggars have invented nothing

I watched the episode and I did think Kendra seemed very young, in her behaviour not just her looks. She was clearly very happy and surprised though; i think she said 'Joe' (in a JinJer Baaaabbbe kinda way) about 20 times. Like some people have said there was some teasing about 'no kissing' this was whilst they were having a nice big full frontal hug (good for them) it was definitely said in a jokey but 'dont forget yourself' kind of way. Overall the wedding seemed pretty snappy, the editing seemed quite different to other duggar weddings but the emotions there were true and hopefully this is the start of something positive for Joy and Austin. I would definitely expect the JoKen wedding end of august start of september time they seemed pretty keen!

On 5/29/2017 at 6:34 PM, VelociRapture said:

I doubt they'll wait. I think it's likely they'll stick with an engagement around three months like the others. So likely sometime between mid-August and mid-September.

I seriously hope I do not end up getting married on the same day as them. After 2 years of wedding planning, that's probably how it will happen. I have that kind of shitty luck lol!

@WiseGirl I saw something like a bridal handoff right before JoStin's wedding, too, and thought it cute. So if they acted on it that quick, that was neat. At least it wasn't one of those "done to death" things , but something fairly fresh, that they imitated.

11 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Congrats to both @Jessie E and @MadeItOut Here's hoping you don't share it with a duggar. 

I'll fess up - if we end up sharing, it'll be our penance to Rufus to pay for never ever having to do valentines again (6mt anniversary - they're a thing in our family). ;)

5 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Thinking the same. Aug 14 right here.

No, no, no! That's my due date lol I'll be crossing my legs that day!

@Jessie E and @MadeItOut If it makes you feel better, I share a birthday with Ben Seewald and Warden Bates. I barely missed sharing a wedding anniversary with Jessa (by six days), Erin Paine (by five days), and Jinger (by two.)

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@Jessie E and @MadeItOut If it makes you feel better, I share a birthday with Ben Seewald and Warden Bates. I barely missed sharing a wedding anniversary with Jessa (by six days), Erin Paine (by five days), and Jinger (by two.)

I share my anniversary, 8/6/94, with Ma and Pa Seewald. The difference? We didn't have a honeymoon baby. Brooklyn Paine was also born on 8/6. 

I have some near birthday misses with Anna and Michael Duggar; my birthday is sandwiched right between theirs (this coming Monday). Kaci Bates was born the day after my birthday. All of a sudden, all of this June stuff, when in the main Duggar or Bates families, there are NO June birthdays. Well, wth Anna marrying in and having two June babies, plus Kaci, I'm sure I'll share my birthday with some Duggar or Bates grandkid or spouse at some point. 

I think we all will. :D

12 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

No, no, no! That's my due date lol I'll be crossing my legs that day!

Just mentioned this to Mr mio (he's in a newly discovered sims haze). He agrees it'd be awesome to have a baby born on that day. - So if you can please arrange that pleaseandthankyouandthankyouverymuchforhavingme. ;)

@MadeItOut haha it is looking good for you that day since it's already scheduled for induction.  However, he keeps trying to make an early appearance and I've already been on partial bed rest for 2 months so it's still anyone's ball game. I'll let you know if he cooperates and has an August 14th birthday :) 

Oh yuck, that sucks! I was that way with my littlest boy.

I'm sure you're up to the neck in advice while on bedrest  (what is it re bed rest that equates 'captive audience' to people), but I will offer this as it might amuse/entertain/interest: In your place I had a lovely acupuncturist who came to the house and gave me acupressure on my feet to help persuade him to stay put, as well as this little bead to stick behind my earlobe. She also gave me this delicious recipe for keeping cool on bed rest in the summer: banana, cucumber and apple juice blended as a drink. The texture was odd, but it tasted weirdly nice.

My second little great-Nephew shares his birthday with the mighty orange one.

Thankfully he is to young to know.

It is really such an offense to have a Duggar date be one of your dates? I mean, in 10 years between marriages, birthdays, engagements, and courtships there won't be many dates left on the calendar that mean nothing to the Duggars. 

Congrats to those getting married this summer. If Joe and Kendra get married that day too, I'm sure it will be far from your mind. And there is no doubt that it will be a nicer affair ;)

18 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

My second little great-Nephew shares his birthday with the mighty orange one.

Thankfully he is to young to know.

My mother in law and I have that very same birthday.

My daughter also shares the flabby orange one's  birthday. It was also my parents wedding anniversary.

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My daughter also shares the flabby orange one's  birthday. It was also my parents wedding anniversary.

It's Boy George's birthday too.  So, there's that!

@MadeItOut I love acupuncture! I used it for all sorts of things during my husbands last deployment. My bed rest is pretty loose still so I'm lucky. Going out to dinner or seeing a movie type stuff doesn't count as being up (only the waiting and walking to the table part does). And I have 4 hours of "up time" so I get a decent amount done. I just miss shopping lol.

That's awesome - & I bet it's better for you. Full-on bed rest is just too damn frustrating and stressful to my mind.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived