IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

I'd have been seriously irritated if I had gotten a kettle or houseware as a birthday gift when I was 18. 

That's just me though. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of sharing days with Duggars: I was born on the exact same day (21-12-1993) as Jinger.

Our lives couldn't be any more different. She is a married fundy housewife in the USA and I am an atheist unmarried student in Europe.

12 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Hey, they have real dishes on that list! That's something new for Duggars. 

For the main Duggars it might be weird. I'm still of the opinion that they likely use real dishes on a daily basis and use disposables for filming/special occasions because it's easier. I could totally be wrong there though... but for the sake of the planet I hope not.

The Dills have been pictured multiple times eating off real dishes, including the recent Instagram posts everyone was snarking on (where Jill made that Mexican dish for Derick to eat while she was at her baby "sprinkle.")

On 6/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, HereticHick said:

Isn't Sept 8 a Friday? And why  aren't there any mints on the registry?

Apparently 1 or both of them have allergies. And oh good, someone can get them a gift card to the Nice Olive Garden

It's a Friday. Just like JoStin's wedding date. So it's entirely possible. 

There are no mints because, clearly, they're having a mint-themed wedding. And it'd be against the etiquette rules, as laid down by Miss Velociraptor (certified internet expert on Fundie weddings), to ask for mints if that's your theme. Because Jesus. So spaketh the Scaly Wedding Expert!!!! :pb_lol:

The hollywood gossip is alleging Kendra was in a courtship with Jedidiah before she started courting Joe (I say 'alleging' because I know I'm gullible when it comes to tabloids, and I'm trying to be better :pb_lol:):

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/06/kendra-caldwell-did-she-court-jedidiah-duggar-before-joseph-dugg/ 

I know that the absence of pre-marital sex or kissing would help to minimize any potential awkwardness of dating your brother's ex-girlfriend, but regardless, why would you marry someone that was interested in your brother before they were interested in you? :pb_confused:

Wasn't there also a rumor that Kendra's sister, Lauren, was linked with Josiah, Jed, or Jer?

34 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Wasn't there also a rumor that Kendra's sister, Lauren, was linked with Josiah, Jed, or Jer?

Wow!  Sources?  Change your partner, doa-see-doa

It was a rumor mentioned in one of the Duggar threads.

I doubt this rumour is true. But a good friend of mine had a FWB in university, and she ended up dating and then marrying his brother. It did seem weird to me, but it worked out fine for them.

Prince Charles also dated Lady Diana's elder sister before marrying her. 

Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia was first engaged to the elder Tsarevich Nicholas and then to his younger brother Tsar Alexander III. 

In a world where the list of suitable families to marry into is only a page long, hopping from one sibling to another is not uncommon.  Rather, it's practical.

There simply aren't THAT many eligible, ATI, fundie royal boys out there that you can afford to cast off all the Duggar men just because you got to know one. 

My father-in-law dated my mother-in-law's sister before he dated mother-in-law. They've been married about 45 years at this point. 

I don't believe this rumor is true. I don't think the families would allow it, to be honest. 

15 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

My friends wedding registry included plates which were about £30 each.  After the amount I spent on the hen party, accommodation, travel etc. etc. I didn't feel comfortable choosing something from the wedding list because it was just so expensive, and I thought it would be too embarrassing if I only bought one plate from the six that they had asked for.  So I went with a gift card in my price range that they could choose their own gift with. 

I've had friends decline a wedding registry, but asked for money for a honeymoon or a house instead.  

I absolutely love that you said hen party. I am such a sucker for you Brits and your colloquialisms. 

I have two cousins (brothers) who both had a child with the same woman. Their kids are both half-siblings and cousins.

I do find that pretty odd.

18 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I have two cousins (brothers) who both had a child with the same woman. Their kids are both half-siblings and cousins.

That sounds like Michael Jackson's two brothers who married the same woman and both had children with her. Poor Katherine.

40 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I know a woman who had two children, one from brother A, the other from brother B. Brother A refused to have anything to do with his child, so Brother B stepped in and married the woman. They later had a child. Child of brother A had (and probably still has) NO IDEA that brother B isn't his real dad. 

Further twist: brother A moved in with a brother B and B's wife for several years when the kids were little. 

I hope that rumor is true because 1) it's hilarious and 2) schadenfreude

Cue whatever the fundie male version of "The Boy Is Mine" is.

Eh, my mom went out with my dad's brother first, then later married my dad.  And a cousin dated her husband's older brother first.  It can happen, I guess.  No sex involved with either couple.  I know when my uncle tried to kiss my mom, she smacked him.  Idk about cousin and her bil's lips, though.  

55 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cue whatever the fundie male version of "The Boy Is Mine" is.

It'd have to be "Say, Say, Say" by Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney.

(Now I'm off to watch that video after more than a decade!)

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I doubt this rumour is true. But a good friend of mine had a FWB in university, and she ended up dating and then marrying his brother. It did seem weird to me, but it worked out fine for them.

My dad is currently dating his brother's wife's sister (so his sister in law's sister). My dad in his girlfriend had dated previously, in the 70's around the time their siblings got married to each other. Things didn't work out for whatever reason and both married and divorced (twice in my dad's case) and hooked back up about 5 years ago. So yeah, it is a bit weird to refer to her as my dad's girlfriend since I have known her my whole life and since the families are close I always called her my aunt. 

My husband has 4 brothers, 2 older 2 younger, 1 of his younger brothers got some girl pregnant in HS, he didn't have much to do with the kid, because of mental illness and drugs, but my MIL helped out with money and baby sitting and things like that because it was her grandson, Anyway 30 years later DH's youngest brother is shacked up with other brothers baby momma, they have been together for like 10 years. 

As for the rumor? My husband was dating my cousin when I met him. And my dad dated my mom's sister for about 2 years before my parents got together. 50 years later? They're pretty happy - and have a decent relationship with my aunt too.

5 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

I absolutely love that you said hen party. I am such a sucker for you Brits and your colloquialisms. 

I'd have to say that's my second favorite British colloquialism. My favorite (and one I've started to use) is sex pest.

dating and siblings and other odd things.....not to rare, often works out fine, but always makes me double-take slightly when I hear about it lol. the most i've done is make out with a family of siblings (3) haha. isn't Joe Biden's late son's wife now in a relationship with another one of his sons?

7 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

We call it that here in Oz too (unsurprisingly)... What do the Americans, Canadians and Europeans refer to it as (if done at all)???

I actually think the rumor could be true. After the Josiah-Marjorie disaster, JimBoob probably waited some time to make sure the engagement and wedding is going to happen. Maybe Jedidiah wanted more time and Joe was ready to get married, so of course Kendra was transferred to Joe because it's not big of a difference :D

15 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

We call it that here in Oz too (unsurprisingly)... What do the Americans, Canadians and Europeans refer to it as (if done at all)???

Canadians (likely Americans too) call it a Stagette.

So... we go from from hens to deer? Does before bros party?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived