IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

There is a wedding registry in Joe's and Kendra's name: 

https://www.amazon.com/wedding/joe-duggar-kendra-caldwell-rogers-september-2017/registry/1JDAAQ3EY81KB

Do you think it is for real?

The wedding date seems reasonable-- Sept 8th.

If this is real, then perhaps Kendra is the one who set this up.

I think the Duggar girls learned their lesson after the fiasco about "OMG, Jessa wanted $20,000 worth of gifts- so shameful!". Since then, they've learned to either hide their wedding registries or at least, now they put a fake wedding date on the registry.

Poor Kendra doesn't know how to play the game.

They certainly seem to want a ton of restaurant gift cards...smh

I actually wouldn't mind paying for gift cards for a couple. They can use them to go out and eat during their newlywed days. Plus, maybe the couple is more likely to use restaurant gift cards than an expensive coffee machine. 

Side note: There's a gift card for Marketplace Grill, so maybe it is legit. The Duggars love that place. And the date seems to be reasonable, given the time span the Duggars marry at.

26 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

They certainly seem to want a ton of restaurant gift cards...smh

I don't see anything wrong with this. It's not like they are registering for a $3000 towel warmer. I would gladly buy a $25 dollar gift card for my friends to use on a date night or something. 

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker from Australia. I thought I had joined up here a few years ago, but it seems I didn't. I saw in a previous post where someone said their church has a gay pride flag outside it, and it has prompted me to introduce you all to a minister of one of our local Anglican churches here ( I should have bought Jeremy and Jinger up to visit whilst they were here on their honeymoon hahaha ). I don't attend church except for the odd catholic service relating to my daughter's school events, and haven't personally met this minister, but the guy is certainly gaining popularity!  Here is a link to an article in our local paper http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/good-news/a-bloody-man-should-do-the-right-thing-and-go-to-church/news-story/1f02dea749c651482891a2adb500c8ca and if you google the images for 'Gosford Anglican Church Australia' you will see loads of other signage from him. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 10.06.09 am.png

14 hours ago, eye_browz said:

The wedding date seems reasonable-- Sept 8th.

If this is real, then perhaps Kendra is the one who set this up.

Isn't Sept 8 a Friday? And why  aren't there any mints on the registry?

Apparently 1 or both of them have allergies. And oh good, someone can get them a gift card to the Nice Olive Garden

11 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Isn't Sept 8 a Friday? 

I am going to cross my fingers for September 8th. Really hoping they don't go for the 23rd. I do not want to share a wedding date with a Duggar! Lol

If that is their registry they have some of my family's favorite cooking and baking gadgets! No snark from me yet, but I've only been to page 3

1 hour ago, hand holder said:

If that is their registry they have some of my family's favorite cooking and baking gadgets! No snark from me yet, but I've only been to page 3

I was thinking the same thing... I have that blender and a similar kitchenAid, the same rice cooker (mine is a different color), coffee grinder...

And that's without looking at it too hard or checking the brands I have. 

But I bet you're not 18 and bought them with your own money. 

I'm only 23 and recently moved into a new (rental) house so most of my personal kitchen items have been gifted by my family [emoji4]. As were most of my mom's when she married my dad...

If they can't put kitchen items and linens on their wedding registry what should they put? It's probably the most "normal" registry we've seen out of the family so far (IF it is theirs).

55 minutes ago, marmalade said:

But I bet you're not 18 and bought them with your own money. 

Most (like the KitchenAid) were wedding gifts though. I wasn't 18, I was 21. A few items, like the Blendtec I did buy. But our living room furniture was paid for using the money we were gifted for the wedding. 

I'm not going to hate on someone for receiving wedding gifts.  Unless we are talking some about some of the crazy things on the Dillard's list. I don't care how many kids you are planning on having you don't need a billion towels to get started. We were helped out by a very generous family though and now that we are settled and comfortable we help out others in our family with gifts for weddings, graduations and baby showers.

My friends wedding registry included plates which were about £30 each.  After the amount I spent on the hen party, accommodation, travel etc. etc. I didn't feel comfortable choosing something from the wedding list because it was just so expensive, and I thought it would be too embarrassing if I only bought one plate from the six that they had asked for.  So I went with a gift card in my price range that they could choose their own gift with. 

I've had friends decline a wedding registry, but asked for money for a honeymoon or a house instead.  

I've said this about Joy and I'll say it again about Kendra - a lot of my friends got things like a kettle, a toaster, and other household stuff for their 17th and 18th birthdays, and the Xmas before they were 18 - a matching plate, cup and bowl, etc, as the idea was to help them with wherever they moved to - uni or into a flatshare for a job, etc etc.  I really liked it, myself, but it's completely weird looking at teenage girls getting that kind of thing because they're getting married.

I know, I know, tons of young marriages work, but the weird thing is how these girls have never even had a bedroom to themselves, or bought food just for themselves, or owned things beyond clothes, and maybe a phone, and so their wedding registries are really poignant to me. 

For my wedding and most of the weddings I've been to, it's usually a cash or cheque gift. The age range is usually late 20s or early 30s so most couples have all their own dishes, appliances, and furniture by then.  Also, since most couples are paying for the wedding and honeymoon themselves, it's tacitly understood that you're helping each other to pay for the whole affair (although it's usually phrased as 'for the future').

For a younger couple whose parents are paying, I think a registry like Joe and Kendra' s makes perfect sense. 

But I agree that it's so patriarchal that Kendra never gets to own anything in her own right. She goes from using her parent's property as her own to now shared ownership with her husband of their property. While legally 50% of it is hers, we all know that the norm is Joe will be the headship and decide what they can buy and sell. It will never be her stuff outright, to do with as she pleases. She will have to ask to buy new things.

It looks reasonable, if really bland, to me. Good sturdy stuff in non-trendy colours that'll get you started and that will not have to be replaced too soon.

Most weddings I go to, people just ask for money for either art or travelling, it's really boring as a guest to just bring some notes in an envelope, but most people I know have been out of their parent's place for 10+ years when they do get married and don't really need anything.  

We did 'since we already have an established home and just want to spend time with you, please no gifts'. Most of our guests are also entertainers, so the few that've insisted, we've asked them to do a turn as part of the entertainment. We're just hoping and praying no-one uses it as a chance to put 'right' a lot of the traditions we're choosing to skip.

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Isn't Sept 8 a Friday?

September 8th is indeed a Friday. I feel like I have a wedding that day. 

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Isn't Sept 8 a Friday?

It is. And sadly, I'll be on a transAtlantic flight during the (potential) festivities. I may have to spring for the in-flight wifi (because we fly coach since we ain't rich and we ain't being paid to go by TLC) so I can see the photosnark.

Spoiler

JoeProposal-25.png

Has the TLC ring shot been posted yet? If so, sorry! All I saw was the blurry shot a few pages back. If not, great job Joe! Easily my favorite Duggar ring so far. 

So there's a benefit of the wedding reception proposal - guaranteed the bride-to-be will have freshly manicured nails and a nice bouquet for the ring shot.

That registry sent me down a rabbit hole of looking at kitchen stuff on amazon. Now i wanna buy new loot for my kitchen. :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived