IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I've been to so many wedding where the MOH wore a different color/style dress as the other bridesmaids, I personally prefer it to all the ladies having to wear the same thing.  I was in 1 wedding where the bride wanted us all to not only wear the same brand pantyhose (she married in 1992) but we all had to wear the same jewelry, same same style shoes (all dyed to match) and she wanted us to have the same hair style with the same hair combs in them, 3 of the 3 of us had shoulder length or just a bit longer straight hair and I had long thick curly hair that hung down to just below my bra strap. She wanted me to straighten my hair which I tried to do but I knew was pointless, bitch got married in the middle of August in IOWA, you know how that is humidity curly hair out door pictures. I looked like a damn tumbleweed. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Jessa's neckline is a tad bit lower than Jingers and Janas which is strange bc it looks like the same dress. 

That could just be from differences in sizing, especially if Jessa's post-pregnancy bust is larger than her sisters. As the owner of a pair of larger breasts, they tend to pull neck lines down, especially with stretchy/jersey fabric.

Just now, mpheels said:

That could just be from differences in sizing, especially if Jessa's post-pregnancy bust is larger than her sisters. As the owner of a pair of larger breasts, they tend to pull neck lines down, especially with stretchy/jersey fabric.

This is a good point. 

9 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

Jessa's neckline is a tad bit lower than Jingers and Janas which is strange bc it looks like the same dress. 

It's not the same dress. Jana's sleeves at the end are different than the dress Jessa is wearing.

Also, I love that when Jill starts talking over Jessa, Jessa looks at her like "bitch, I'm still talking."

9 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

I think it's because Jessas is a size too big. If you look at the arms of Jingers and Janas theirs fits. The sleeve seams on Jessas are lower than her shoulders.

I also thought that Jessa's might have been a bit too big. She may have had the dress fitted when she was a little larger and lost weight which would make the neckline slide as well. 

48 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Wow the side eye from Jessa. I love it. She's matured a lot, I gotta say. I agree with someone else who said Jill is giving advice like a teenager. "you don't have to worry about meeting up" Who gives advice like that?

5 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Wow the side eye from Jessa. I love it. She's matured a lot, I gotta say. I agree with someone else who said Jill is giving advice like a teenager. "you don't have to worry about meeting up" Who gives advice like that?

The ones that were chaparonned untill their wedding day. I'm pleasantly surprised Jana is in the 'marital' advice video. Kinda glad they didn't exclude her again.  Just disappointed there wasn't any sextalk. Just kidding..we'll never hear that from them a la the Bates girls.  And I think Jessa is more mature because she reads online and is getting to know the world and be a part of it. Just like Jinger will with her (Jeremy's) books. Not Jill though, she could really need some psychological help (and I mean that nicely and sincere, not snarky or mean!). 

22 minutes ago, mpheels said:

If you look where the shoulder seams are, you can tell it doesn't fit her on top as well...sizing thing

Jessa's side-eye is everything. Love it.

Seeing all the wedding dresses side-by-side (minus Joy's) just makes me love Jinger's even more. It's just gorgeous. I tried on a dress of similar style when I was looking and if I'd had the $$ I would have bought that thing without a second thought.

5 hours ago, mpheels said:

IMO, that's the problem with those dresses- the bust line doesn't work for heavier/larger breasts, and the material clings, which is not flattering for some.  I'll be BEC on the wedding dresses- i don't like any of them. Maybe Ill end up liking Joy's when I see the entire thing, but at this point, nope. I hope each girl loved her dress!  I think Jill looks great though!

1 hour ago, Finduilas said:

I'm quite impressed how genuine and mature Jessa sounds when talking about Joy getting married / honeymoon and stuff compared to Jill. Jill still sounds like a teenagers to me.

and notice she brings up crying.  Does this chickie cry that much.  I Don't see Joy crying as much because she doesn't have to go back to SCA

3 minutes ago, nst said:

and notice she brings up crying.  Does this chickie cry that much.  I Don't see Joy crying as much because she doesn't have to go back to SCA

I think Jill probably does cry a lot - she cried a lot as a teenager and her default emotional response seems to be crying.

Just now, mpheels said:

I think Jill probably does cry a lot - she cried a lot as a teenager and her default emotional response seems to be crying.

and she thinks that they are interchangeable i get it. Insane - perhaps because she raised Joy she thinks Joy will cry at a shower curtain falling - I doubt it.  

The longer I look at Joy's dress the more I wonder if there is something like an almost Empire/Regency waistline going on. There is no real waistline in sight where I would have expected it, so wether it is just the angle or it sits a bit higher. Or the dress is just a bit to wide. 

It is not as stunning as Jinger's (my absolute biased opinion), but it looks like something a lot of people buy now. Lace and longer arms are the style for a "classic" wedding dress right now. Strapless seems to be out. The other big groups are "boho hipster" and "vintage".

I especially love how when Jill kept interrupting Jessa and trying to to change the subject, Jessa just carried on talking!

So here's a Q - I haven't watched much of the series as I'm in the UK, but seeing the mothers' day video, where Joy and Austin were handsexing like crazy, and the double hand-hold upthread, I'm wondering if they are the couple with most handsex since Josh and Anna?  Is that just because TLC avoided showing us Jill, Jessa's and Jinger's?  Or is it just because they're so young?

Re Joy as tomboy - in that marital advice video, Jnger talks about her tomboying, and in that ridiculous "survival weekend", she was the only one sleeping outside (when she was "nearly eaten by a bear"...)

Jinger and Jeremy went for full on cuddling before marriage - they spent a lot of time sitting next to each other with Jeremy's arm around Jinger. Jeremy seemed to be down with no sex before marriage, and willing to accept no kissing, but didn't give a second thought to the rest of the rules.

I'm not a fan of the bridesmaid's dresses simply because the color is too similar to the color of the bridesmaid's dresses at Josh&Anna's wedding... Both of them had long sleeves too. I apparently find Josh so disgusting that everything associated with him becomes icky. Oh, well. But Joy looked gorgeus!

I can't be alone here, but I can't stop seeing Joy's dress as breaking the "constantly improving" pattern that's existed with the Duggar ladies' wedding dresses, including Anna's. I suspect they backslid into modesty add-ons rather than just buying modest designs, arrggghhh....

I don't want to be too mean, because I really just doubt that Joy cared that much about the wedding look, and that's where her "tomboy"-ness comes in. Which is fine! But just to impose my thoughts on Joy a little bit more, I'll always, always, ALWAYS be wistful for the A-line, below the knee wedding dress that could have been.

3 minutes ago, Queen said:

I'm not a fan of the bridesmaid's dresses simply because the color is too similar to the color of the bridesmaid's dresses at Josh&Anna's wedding... 

I didn't like those dresses either. I don't know what those dresses' fabric is called but it always looks very cheap and unflattering on most people. Back in the day they sported terribly overdone hairdos. Oh, good times. 

I like Joy's bridesmaids' dresses, though. They look classy and comfy. Jill can wear whatever she wants or whatever FJ wanted her to wear. She'll always be criticised, no matter what.

I have yet to see a fundie bride that looks or looked as beautiful as Jinger. Man, that girl looked stunning on her wedding day. I love everything about her dress and appearance. The hair, the hint of tiara, the neckline, the waist, the skirt, the train, the veil...She looked gorgeous! 

Jessa's wasn't bad but I don't like the simple T-shirt pattern. It always looks a tiny bit frumpy no matter how elegant otherwise. 

Jill looked pretty and happy and so does Joy. Jill basically raised that girl, it's no surprise Joy would imitate Jill. She made it very clear she had no idea about wedding planning and was not interested in the girly stuff or had any particular sense of style. She looks up to Jill and values her opinion. I assumed she would go with something that Jill would let through on the nod.

I am finally caught up on the Joy/Austin wedding thread after being at an anime convention all weekend. I actually took a brief break to google the Duggars on Sunday, and saw that Joy got married. One of my friends that I went to the con with said I should snail mail them a "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Forsyth" card with a picture of my husband and I in our costumes, because we dressed as Kreiger and his holigraphic waifu from Archer. The waifu wears a skimpy bridal lingerie ensemble on the show, so it would be on point, and it would definitely piss them off, but I am not sure I want to waste my postage on fundies :pb_lol:

I liked their wedding colors. I think the orange and navy blue went well together, but am I the only one who thought Joy looked a little stoned in that picture? I know she was probably just teary eyed from the wedding ceremony, or maybe didn't sleep from excitement the night before, but I thought her eyes looked a bit glassy. If she wasn't a fundie I'd think she was on drugs in that People photo :pb_confused:

I want to like these bridesmaid dresses but they're just not right for a wedding.

I can't snark on Jill's outfit. She's super pregnant. It was probably the best they could do, especially with her coming home at the last minute. And as far as her shoes go, I wore flats to my own wedding because I was 6 months pregnant and I just wanted to be comfortable and I was afraid of tripping and falling if I wore heels. I doubt Jill has much practice in heels and sandals were probably cooler. I am actually giving her props just for showing up. I was sitting at home on my birth ball, rage eating Arby's and crying when I was that far along. (So hormonal. So emotional.)

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Eh I disagree I think it looks bad next to the others but I didn't mean I was holding it against Jill or blaming her in particular for it. I just think it was a bad solution to an understandably difficult problem.

Of course with everything we say about the wedding the answer is "if Joy's okay with it that's all that matters." Same with all the Duggar weddings. But I personally don't like the way it looks and think there are solutions out there that would have looked much better.

Gotcha! I'm probably biased a bit because I don't really like super matchy Bridesmaid looks. I picked the color and fabric for my wedding and let the two females on my side pick the length and styles get liked best. Worked great since MOH (my sister) was six months pregnant at the wedding and my friend was very slender. My brother (my Bride's Guy) wore what the Groomsmen wore, but stood on my side.

What other solutions were you thinking? I don't think they'd have had a ton of time to work with because Jill was in SCA until very recently. So something involving extensive alterations to accommodate her growing body might not have been plausible.

5 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

I am actually giving her props just for showing up. I was sitting at home on my birth ball, rage eating Arby's and crying when I was that far along. (So hormonal. So emotional.)

My daughter arrived at 34 weeks - so too early for me to have experienced this personally. But I'm sitting here dying of laughter reading it. I feel like this is the best ever breakdown of what the last weeks of pregnancy are like.

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My daughter arrived at 34 weeks - so too early for me to have experienced this personally. But I'm sitting here dying of laughter reading it. I feel like this is the best ever breakdown of what the last weeks of pregnancy are like.

That right there is why my headship is getting the old snip snip this summer! Wasn't your daughter born in late December? Mine was too (same birthday as Jinger!) I hope your daughter is doing well! 

5 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

That right there is why my headship is getting the old snip snip this summer! Wasn't your daughter born in late December? Mine was too (same birthday as Jinger!) I hope your daughter is doing well! 

My daughter is a december baby too! (15th)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived