IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I also get annoyed at glitter (Brownies spread it everywhere and it seems to last forever)

One of my coworkers calls it the herpes of the craft world: it never truly goes away. Just when you think it's gone, you find more

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk about wedding pictures made me think of the one we have of me in my gown, posed under the trees. It's one of the best pictures I have ever taken (and I take HORRIBLE pictures). My husband insisted that we hang it in our family "gallery". Many guests have commented on it. The funny thing....it is a picture from my FIRST marriage.

Current husband agrees that it is a beautiful picture and that it should be displayed! Hasn't proven to be a problem since in September we will celebrate our 25 year anniversary. 

1 hour ago, bashfulpixie said:

One of my coworkers calls it the herpes of the craft world: it never truly goes away. Just when you think it's gone, you find more

Body glitter is known as 'raver scabies'.

18 hours ago, melon said:

Right now,I think Jason is the best looking of the Duggar boys.And,yes,John-David does have the good guy vibe,which makes him more appealing,to me,anyway.  Lawson Bates isn't bad looking. He just seems to have an attitude,to me.Nathan has the good guy vibe ,to me.

I agree that JD has the good guy vibe, but also wonder how much of it is driven by their PR people.  Could it be that, after the Josh debacles, they felt they needed to portray him as responsible older brother and role model?  I still remember the car trashing at weddings and the photo of him with the Hartono guy holding up their rifles.  Who's the real JD?

I believe that JD is making a good living, and Joseph is also.  They've both always come across as handy and hard-working.  And I doubt Joe would have been able to propose unless he demonstrated that he could support Kendra.  I'm less sure with the younger brothers, but think - between the auto business(es), Duggar Aviation, and real estate work - that there are enough things to do to go around.  The Duggars just may have decided to keep most of what they do private.

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:
Why couldn't Jill have worn some ballet slippers rather than flip flops?   You know that your feet are going to swell.    http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod46/dw/image/v2/AAPR_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-payless-catalog/default/dw35db6b3b/images/hi-res/158877_6_1400x1400.jpg?sw=556

I think Jill wore flip flops because that's what Joy wanted. Joy has never been one for glitz and glamour, she's a tom boy. Im sure she didn't really even care about her wedding dress either. I think her sisters designed the dress for her.

9 minutes ago, Lulu22du said:

I think her sisters designed the dress for her.

I agree, and more to the point, I would not be surprised if Jill was the main contributor. From the looks of it, Joy's dress appears to be Jill's dress 2.0. 

@Lulu22du, that makes sense, but as another poster said a page or 2 back, they wear flip flops so damn often and in inappropriate situations*, that i think many of us are just tired of seeing them.   

*i.e. hiking, tending large farm animals

1 minute ago, eleanora3 said:

Okay seeing all the dresses together makes Jill's look like it really doesn't match

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 1.08.56 PM.png

JESSA'S SIDE EYE THO! hhahahahaha

Maybe she just likes flip flops...maybe her feet aren't swelling, mine never did.... not to say they aren't but not every pregnant woman has the same issues.

30 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I agree, and more to the point, I would not be surprised if Jill was the main contributor. From the looks of it, Joy's dress appears to be Jill's dress 2.0. 

Why am I remembering Jill's dress as being more of a mermaid silhouette? :confused2:  Can someone do a side by side comparison of all the Duggar wedding dresses please?

Jill's dress isn't even the same shade. Those other dresses look stretchy enough to accommodate a pregnancy. She could've put a modesy panel underneath if she still wanted to be super speshul.

30 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Okay seeing all the dresses together makes Jill's look like it really doesn't match

what is this screenshot from? it looks like a tlc video but i don't see it online...

Jill's dress gets a pass for two reasons. One: MOH. It can be a bit different. Two: Pregnant. Accomodations must be made.

AFA the flip flops, she's going to wear them . I'm with the "Thank Rufus she even wore something on her feet" crowd.

BUT: Everyone talks about how Joy is such a "tomboy".. but all I remember her ever doing it playing basketball with the boys, and she herself admitted recently that she wasn't much of an outdoors person and had never gone camping until theis recent party they had... so what gives? HOW girly or HOW tomboy is she?

6 hours ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Why am I remembering Jill's dress as being more of a mermaid silhouette? :confused2:  Can someone do a side by side comparison of all the Duggar wedding dresses please?

Minus Joy, until we get a better angle of her dress:

e330faf5229a7a74598c3aaa8c17732f.jpg

ETA: I couldn't leave out Anna so I included her in the spoiler

Spoiler

IMG_20170530_140417.jpg

6 minutes ago, Fullfrontalhugs said:

Not making a collage because I'm tired and I did one in another thread at some point. But from a quick google search:

Jill

Spoiler

IMG_7305.thumb.JPG.c1245a1bc3004c83ecd49f7b50b36db3.JPG

IMG_7312.JPG.c2e7170ae35420bd81a2ba90f7a5f6d1.JPG

IMG_7304.thumb.JPG.da800b5cc535d93a1e5323d6f653260b.JPG

Jessa

Spoiler

IMG_7306.JPG.cf60b646e9c3777aecfba89ae138239e.JPG

IMG_7307.JPG.45ad2b2cefdd32a2545ebe2afb56fdf4.JPG

IMG_7308.JPG.2652aa458843b3cccf06e67844ef9463.JPG

Jinger

Spoiler

IMG_7309.thumb.JPG.96e2a61f40eeeab76b30a81eb27f7193.JPG

IMG_7310.thumb.JPG.c23286db56ddc67ac7c593f1384dc073.JPG

IMG_7311.thumb.JPG.d689ecd4d1e35e1051d8df268eaf8820.JPG

Collage and Joy

Spoiler

IMG_7314.JPG.dbf45be3d2bb8e05606e520d3ecaaf62.JPG

IMG_7313.thumb.JPG.88efd22b484dc93ac7f4df46aba50d61.JPG

We have no real idea of how well Joy's dress fit her or what the full dress looked like. She has the higher neckline and lace like Jinger and Jill, sleeves like Jinger, and full skirt like Jessa and Jinger.

44 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

It's close enough and it looks fine with the others. She gets a pass because she's pregnant and she may have been MOH. It's tough enough finding clothes that look good and are comfortable while pregnant. I'm not going to hold it against her for not matching exactly.

17 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jill's dress isn't even the same shade. Those other dresses look stretchy enough to accommodate a pregnancy. She could've put a modesy panel underneath if she still wanted to be super speshul.

It was Joy's wedding. If she was fine with her sister wearing a maternity dress - which would have needed next to no alterations - instead of the same dress as the others - which would have needed alterations (possibly extensive alterations) - then that's the only thing that matters. 

IMG_7315.JPG

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

It's close enough and it looks fine with the others. She gets a pass because she's pregnant and she may have been MOH. It's tough enough finding clothes that look good and are comfortable while pregnant. I'm not going to hold it against her for not matching exactly.

It was Joy's wedding. If she was fine with her sister wearing a maternity dress - which would have needed next to no alterations - instead of the same dress as the others - which would have needed alterations (possibly extensive alterations) - then that's the only thing that matters. 

Eh I disagree I think it looks bad next to the others but I didn't mean I was holding it against Jill or blaming her in particular for it. I just think it was a bad solution to an understandably difficult problem.

Of course with everything we say about the wedding the answer is "if Joy's okay with it that's all that matters." Same with all the Duggar weddings. But I personally don't like the way it looks and think there are solutions out there that would have looked much better.

The dresses look really cheap imo. The fabric is that cheap clingy stuff. I still like Jessas wedding dress the most. It was unique and unexpected. Joy's sleeves look like they were added after she picked the dress. Jingers was classically pretty. 

And I know Jill is pregnant so I'll give her a pass on the fugly dress but those flip flops. There's so many cute cheap sandals out there if her feet are really that swollen. She could have worn gold t strap sandals and it would have looked a million times better.

I'm quite impressed how genuine and mature Jessa sounds when talking about Joy getting married / honeymoon and stuff compared to Jill. Jill still sounds like a teenagers to me.

Can I just say that I love the bridesmaids dresses. Those are dresses you can actually wear every day, it can be casual or chique depending on the assecoires and I like the color, too.

What really struck is is how many assecoires Jill is wearing in the video in contrast to her sisters. The lace + the many necklaces,... erm a bit too much and why the "bridal lace" on her back?

1 minute ago, eveandadam said:

Can I just say that I love the bridesmaids dresses. Those are dresses you can actually wear every day, it can be casual or chique depending on the assecoires and I like the color, too.

What really struck is is how many assecoires Jill is wearing in the video in contrast to her sisters. The lace + the many necklaces,... erm a bit too much and why the "bridal lace" on her back?

It's part of the dress. It's a maternity style that comes with the lace sewn on.

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

Jessa's neckline is a tad bit lower than Jingers and Janas which is strange bc it looks like the same dress. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived