IGNORED

Joy and Austin: The Wedding Is Over, On to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

Someone on Pickles' page said the bridesmaid's dresses, with the exception of Jill's as we've established, appear to all be Lularoe dresses. Maybe the same person who gave Jinger the purple dress hooked them up. This wedding definitely seems lower budget than Jinger's but everything we've seen so far seems to suit Joy's personality.

I personally like the dresses. No they don't scream "bridesmaid's dress" but I think out of all the weddings these are the dresses that will get the most use after the fact. They look comfy!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to weddings where people have posted pictures online right away. At a recent wedding reception I went to my friends were posting ceremony pictures right away. I liked seeing the pictures because I could not go to the ceremony. 

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Wilbur is almost 4 months, which is the same amount of time it took Jessa to conceive him after SES. 

She conceived six months after Spurgeon. Early February due date means she conceived around early/mid-May. Spur was born early November giving her a six month gap.

I've seen people crowding the aisles of weddings that I've attended to take pictures of the brides and the bridesmaids. I can understand as a photographer how that would get annoying, so I can understand an unplugged ceremony. I think the reception is fair game, people can take as many pictures as they want. 

44 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Someone on Pickles' page said the bridesmaid's dresses, with the exception of Jill's as we've established, appear to all be Lularoe dresses. Maybe the same person who gave Jinger the purple dress hooked them up. This wedding definitely seems lower budget than Jinger's but everything we've seen so far seems to suit Joy's personality.

I personally like the dresses. No they don't scream "bridesmaid's dress" but I think out of all the weddings these are the dresses that will get the most use after the fact. They look comfy!

I agree. I think the drested are nice and suit the girls. Fundie weddings are rarely super formal and these look just fine. I think the mismatched jewelry takes away from the look, but It would appear that Joy wanted all her bridesmaids to style themselves. And you're right, the girl will definitely use them again. 

Several of the weddings I have been to in the past five or so years have had signs outside the venue requesting that users not use their cellphones or take pictures during the ceremony. I initially thought it was kind of tacky (like who has their phone out and takes pictures during a wedding anyway? rude), but then the internet showed me all kinds of horror stories of wedding guests ruining the formal photography by taking their own pictures, crowding the aisle, or having their phones out the whole time. So, I see where it is necessary, but the pearl-clutchy part of me is pretty mortified that it's even an issue in the first place. 

I think cell phone use is fine during the reception, but it's important to be mindful of the photographers and wedding party. Most of the weddings I was in had designated hashtags and posting reception pictures was encouraged. 

3 hours ago, Irishy said:

Oh Jill... Nasty nasty flip flops. Really? There are so many pretty dressy comfy flat sandals out there. You're at a wedding, not popping out for milk.

When I saw her footwear, my first though was that she borrowed them from her hubby's hipster Jesus phase. 

I don't think the bridesmaid dresses are lularoe, they don't look like any of the styles.

plus, LLR only puts out so many of each pattern. Finding one of a pattern you like is hard but finding enough for 10 bridesmaids? That'd be a LLR miracle 

My daughter got married last year, everything went smoothly except the photography.   The photographer had a file storage failure  and said she lost a lot of the images before she did the proofs.  Then my daughter hated the color corrections she did on the photos and she asked to purchase the unedited images so she could do her own editing which was refused.  (DD studied photography and has shot weddings herself)  The photographer refunded her fee rather than sharing her files.

The only photos she has are the ones done by friends and family.  Before the wedding she had set up a Veri account so people could upload their photos, so that plus the photobooth made for a great record of a beautiful wedding.

I can give Jill a pass on wearing flipflops because her feet are probably as swollen as her belly, but she could have upgraded from dollar store ones.

29 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I don't think the bridesmaid dresses are lularoe, they don't look like any of the styles.

plus, LLR only puts out so many of each pattern. Finding one of a pattern you like is hard but finding enough for 10 bridesmaids? That'd be a LLR miracle 

And this is why I have yet to buy any LLR stuff. I have seen many great patterns online, but the only sellers I know either never have those patterns at all or never have those patterns in my size. 

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

^That's strange, an unplugged wedding. I was grateful for the cell phone photos my friends took at my wedding because I got to see those instantly vs waiting a few weeks for my professional ones. :pb_lol: 

My daughter had a sign asking guests to please add a special hashtag so they could see the pictures, AND a friend made a special snapchat filter for them, so I guess you could say her wedding was "plugged in"(?), we loved seeing all the pictures that friends and family took! I have heard of other people doing the "unplugged" thing, so whatever each  bride and groom or bride and bride, or groom and groom wants is ok by me! 

50 minutes ago, Lurker said:

My daughter got married last year, everything went smoothly except the photography.   The photographer had a file storage failure  and said she lost a lot of the images before she did the proofs.  Then my daughter hated the color corrections she did on the photos and she asked to purchase the unedited images so she could do her own editing which was refused.  (DD studied photography and has shot weddings herself)  The photographer refunded her fee rather than sharing her files.

Every brides worst nightmare. Sounds like she had a shitty/shady pohtog. I know several professional photographers and when they do any shoot they keep the SD card loaded even after downloading to their hard drive so they have it in 2 places until the photos are delivered to the bride & groom or family or whom ever the shoot was for.

I got married in 1996 so no cellphone problems. But we did have disposable cameras all over the reception hall for people to take photos with.  Sadly almost 1/2 people took the cameras with them even though they had notes to drop in the camera back for the bride and groom to enjoy.  I had 1 cheap ass bitchy guest take like 6 cameras because she was going on vacation a few days later.  That pissed me off. 

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Honestly the doilies on Jill's dress aren't the worst thing ever.

I agree...and I think pink blush has great dresses in general. Though I'll admit to being totally biased against Jill and liking the dress much better after seeing it on a model from a store where I've bought clothes! 

9 minutes ago, likejana86 said:

people magazine is out already=??i want to see the pictures

perhaps next Thursday but not this past thursday since the wedding happened last Friday 

and I doubt the cover - if they get the cover I WILL eat a brownie 

Just now, nst said:

perhaps next Thursday but not this past thursday since the wedding happened last Friday 

and I doubt the cover - if they get the cover I WILL eat a brownie 

it's a stupid question maybe but they get payed a lot for this kind of staff??

We were married so long ago the whole world was "unplugged".

BUT the Vicar made the point to us (and then again to the congregation at the ceremony - he was a bit of a knob to be honest) that NO-ONE MUST FILM THE CEREMONY, IF I SEE ANYONE FILMING THE CEREMONY, THE CEREMONY WILL BE STOPPED AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

All to do with music copyright or some such (did I say he was a knob?) 

So our video (which I didn't bloody want anyway, but mother insisted) only has us entering the church and coming out again (and the reception obviously). Just as well because I wouldn't want the copyright police breaking in to our house and confiscating it from the box it's been in unwatched for the last 20+ years ;) 

Of course none of this will affect the Duggars as TLC will deal with all that...... 

57 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Oh gotcha. I have no clue how Lularoe works. Never shopped them or known anybody who sells them. The person said a couple of the dresses look like the Amelia and Irma styles? Are you familiar with those?

3 hours ago, Irishy said:

Oh Jill... Nasty nasty flip flops. Really? There are so many pretty dressy comfy flat sandals out there. You're at a wedding, not popping out for milk.

I was just impressed she wore shoes at all.:laughing-rollingred:

Many women's feet swell during pregnancy, and heels are also not an option for many pregnant women due to balance, pelvic pain, back pain etc. Jill gets a pass on the flip flops! 

signed, 

Birkenstocks-only-when-pregnant bal maiden. 

I really want to see the whole dress, it seems awfully formal for what appears to be a very laid back wedding. If you are going to be casual be casual if you are going to be formal be formal. I don't know what they are waiting for showing pics, the People spread or the show, hoping for a better money grab as always I guess. I hate that I'm so curious too, that pisses me off, but I guess (hope) I'm not along in that feeling. 

My grandmother turned 80 a month before I had my third son..he was a big baby...I went to register for his birth and the helper took one look at me and ran for a wheelchair....

My feet were swollen.I could not get my shoes on,the ones I had planned to wear....so I wore flip flops to my grandmother's 80th birthday party.

So having been in Jill's shoes...lol.I'll give her a pass,too.

17 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Many women's feet swell during pregnancy, and heels are also not an option for many pregnant women due to balance, pelvic pain, back pain etc. Jill gets a pass on the flip flops! 

signed, 

Birkenstocks-only-when-pregnant bal maiden. 

Exactly. Comfort is key under normal circumstances, but especially during a big event. You want to be able to really enjoy the special moment and it's tough to do that when your abdomen is being squeezed into a too tight dress or your feet are killing you because the shoes aren't comfortable.

Jill did wear nice flats for her BIL's wedding last fall. She's not against wearing them if she's asked to or needs to. Though there were still a few posters here complaining about the flats she wore in Dan's wedding... so, apparently, Jill just can't win when it comes to shoes. :pb_lol:

Joy probably took a laidback approach when it came to accessories. I did the same - I told my MOH and Bridesmaid to wear whatever shoes they felt comfortable in and that I trusted their taste in jewelry and beauty. Both looked great and got to let their personal styles shine a bit.

The only thing I haave to say about the bridesmaids' dresses is: They do not appear to have been altered in any way, thanks be to Arachne, the goddess of sewing and all things needlework.

It occurs to me that (with the exception of Jill) the bridesmaids all look as if they're wearing knee length dresses (I could be wrong). It doesn't seem that long ago that (at Jill's wedding) they were all having modesty panels added to make dresses longer.

It makes me wonder if the bridesmaids dress lengths are dictated more by the bride than the parents as Jill (from what I remember) still favours the maxi skirt generally.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived