IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

I would be very upset if I was proposed to at someone else's wedding despite how close they were or are to me. 

come on with originality 

I am in the camp the crew was there and JB is desperate 

I guess Jill's SCA storyines were of no use anymore. 

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call a August wedding possibly on her birthday I don't know the exact date with her father officiating 

I think there are a few exceptions where a proposal at a wedding is acceptable 

1) when the bride/groom played a major role in getting the spouses-to-be together 

2) when the people involved are best friends/sisters/brothers and always wanted to get married or engaged together and it's all agreed on and a surprise 

3) when the wedding is less of a wedding and more of a party (aka not formal, and perhaps the couple already had a church wedding etc) 

for the Duggars: NOOOOOOOOOO. I'm honestly shocked. Joe and Kendra don't even seem to know each other. She is two years younger than me. Two years, Karl! Her hip bones are barely wide enough for pregnancy! 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I would be very upset if I was proposed to at someone else's wedding despite how close they were or are to me. 

come on with originality 

I am in the camp the crew was there and JB is desperate 

I guess Jill's SCA storyines were of no use anymore. 

So would I.  Its their wedding, not mine. Its their special day, not mine. I'd be horrified at stealing their thunder. Even if the bride and groom were in on it I'd still feel guilty about.

OMG i go away for a few hours & now i can't keep up! You guys move fast around here! 

Joy looks beautiful, but man does she look young! I'm holding out hope that she'll wait a few years before jumping on the baby train, but alas, she's a Duggar. I expect she'll be pregnant by the end of the year. 

As for Joe...it's safe to say he's a chip off the old block. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

So I saw the topic and I legit got all sad cause I was like oh it actually happened. Like I have many peers and friends from college that got married/engaged during college but like I know these people had lives and for the most part are mature and able to maintain a relationship and to grow. I guess it's a little better that their family friends?

Also another tacky thing the duggars do, can't wait to also see how everyone grabbed their spouses at the end of the ceremony as well as an engagement. I'm a twin so I already hate sharing things and would have be PISSED if my sibling twin or my older sibling tried that mess. Like I'm mad for her!

16 minutes ago, Letizia said:

Ever since seeing Joy making those crazy eyes at Austin  and saying she can't wait to be in a mother in the Mother's Day video and asking Jinger if she's taken a pregnancy test yet I think she is swimming in the kool aid. She'll be pregnant by August. I predict Jill 2.0 from Joy except Austin will probably try to support them and not drag her off to Danger America. 

I'm not seeing the crazy eyes from Joy, or Jessa.  I saw them with Anna, Jill, and still see it with Michelle, I saw it a little with Jinger but not at the Anna, Jill and M level.  Jessa and Joy its more of loving stare, there is the occasional overly googly eyed, but I'm giving Joy & Jinger a pass for a while, at least until their 1st anniversary newly engaged and newlyweds, IMO SHOULD have that googly eyed look of love about them.  Just because they are in a cult and marriage is all these girls are allowed doesn't mean they shouldn't be happy and in love with their chosen mates.

Now I'm still betting she's pregnant by the time Joe & Kendra get married, and that makes me sad. I'm hoping she takes notes from Jinger and waits at least 6 months before getting preggers.  

Damn. This one strikes me as sadder than the rest. Maybe it's her young age. And the proposal at the wedding? Blech.

1 hour ago, VixenToast said:

Woah.... hahahahahaha. Dick move! Classic Duggars...

Yup. And the cameras would have been there for the wedding - adding in the proposal was a great way to save on production costs.

Tacky.

But think of the savings!

it's interesting to see how the duggar men proposal's have been way less interesting and elaborate than the Duggar girls' suitors. 

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

it's interesting to see how the duggar men proposal's have been way less interesting and elaborate than the Duggar girls' suitors. 

Exactly.  Joshley and now Joe's -- zero creativity or effort.  Derick's was the least special of the others but at least it included a surprise original song.  And Ben went to a lot of trouble and made sure it ended in her favorite chapel, and Jeremy knew she loved NY and provided a great view and live music with their favorite hymn.  All Joe had to do was show up with the ring.  I feel bad for her -- once you're married and all the births start, I think you'd kind of get lost.  The engagement and wedding are your only special moments.  She doesn't know enough to know this wasn't fair and he's not valuing her or making her feel special.

Joe definately stole Joy's moment, even we are talking more about Joe rather than Joy in the past 3 pages! I would be so disappointed if I was Kendra. Your sister in laws get all these "magnificent" proposals and you get a "oh by the way, wanna get married?" at a wedding reception. Well I suppose at least it's not her own wedding reception :my_biggrin:

1 hour ago, VixenToast said:

It doesn't matter what a Duggar is wearing, naming their kid, how they're breathing etc, there is always differing opinions. Indeed she may have looked a tad old timey turn-of-the-century with her hair up, depending on the style. Ooh, speaking of which!

Fun Fact: I'm someone with a passion for female historical fashions and etiquette, and traditionally unmarried women and little girls wore their hair down.  Married women wore their hair up. And BRIDES wore their hair loose around their shoulders. So, historically speaking, Joy is covered and we both win !!! :P 

Actually girls put their hair up around the time they got their first period as it signified they were no longer children and quite often signified they were marriagable.most often hair was let down for formal photos of unmarried women but it was disapproved of going out in puIbli c improperly coided

Boy...the Duggars sure know how to go all out with news - in one night! I was expecting Joy Anna's wedding sometime this weekend, but I didn't think Joseph would also get engaged...on the very same night! IMO - I think I would want a proposal to be on a separate occasion with just my fiance & I - having it all played out during a wedding reception (even if it's family) is just too much 'attention' for my liking. I guess Joseph & Kendra don't seem to mind, though, since they'll be at their own wedding in no time. :pb_rollseyes:

Back to Joy & Austin - I think she looks very pretty & her dress seems pretty nice, too! I truly do wish her & Austin happiness in life...but it's still so surreal to see her marrying so young. I thank god everyday for not getting married to whoever I was 'interested in' at 19...talk about dodging a bullet, there! :pb_lol: I don't know what to make of Austin, but I do hope he will treat Joy right.

Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised and Joe did something really fun and special at the wedding reception to propose.  Highly unlikely, but possible because I'm realizing TLC wouldn't let him do a lame one.  They would have tried to ratchet up the specialness of it I'm sure -- they've got to know how stupid it would look if he just knelt down in front of the Cheez Whiz at some point with tons of noise and a million kids running around screaming.  Right?  Oh please, please, for Kendra's one moment in life, let that be right.  Because heaven knows someone is going to propose at HER wedding and steal the attention from her then, so this needs to be some kind of moment for her.

54 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Joe proposing at Joy's wedding reception is not only tacky, but it seems cheap and lazy.

Mr MM and I were VERY turned on to getting married while attending/participating in his BF's wedding... OMG I was ready to just do a double ceremony... but we let them have their day.   I would never step on another's toes on that day.

I'm getting shades of Jinger and Jeremy in Joy and Austin's wedding attire. (It doesn't help that their People photos are posed the same.)

Jeremy and Austin - blue suits with matching vests and a tucked-in tie.

Jinger and Joy - similar necklines and sheer subtly lacy sleeves that end around the elbow. I'll be curious to see if Joy had a train or not.

As for Joe and Kendra. I think it's tacky, however, I'm not surprised.

12 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised and Joe did something really fun and special at the wedding reception to propose.  Highly unlikely, but possible because I'm realizing TLC wouldn't let him do a lame one.  They would have tried to ratchet up the specialness of it I'm sure -- they've got to know how stupid it would look if he just knelt down in front of the Cheez Whiz at some point with tons of noise and a million kids running around screaming.  Right?  Oh please, please, for Kendra's one moment in life, let that be right.  Because heaven knows someone is going to propose at HER wedding and steal the attention from her then, so this needs to be some kind of moment for her.

Maybe she got a scavenger hunt around the reception with a special song in the end ;). I agree something must have been organised with TLC though. 

I don't know, but I don't get why proposing at someone else's wedding is supposed to be "tacky".  The whole idea that you can''t take away from the bride is too much the" I'm A Pretty Pretty Princess and All Focus Must be On Me Me Me Me Me"kind of thing. 

I personally  wouldn't have cared at all if someone proposed at my wedding. Would have been really excited actually. 

Then again, I don't like being the centre of attention or most wedding traditions - I wore blue for my wedding and we entered the reception behind a pantomime horse. So my opinion is probably invalid.

Also, it's not like it was actually at the ceremony part - I agree that would have been a bit wrong - but at the reception. And these folks barely have receptions anyway. Stand around for an hour waiting for the wedding party to have their photos done; see them arrive, cut cake and talk about Jebus; then leave.  

My first reaction to seeing the wedding photo of Joy & Austin sitting in their wedding clothes I thought it looked as if Joy was playing dress up. I hope on film it won't look to much that way.

My current ranking for the girls dresses: Jessa, Jinger, Joy, and Jill.

As for Joe I think it was really tacky to propose at the reception but I do think it'll make for an entertaining video though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived